THE MYSTERY REVEALED TO PAUL

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God was reconciling heaven and earth.

Israel was to be a holy nation of priests on earth, the earthly kingdom, to bring the Gentile nations to God. They were to believe on the name of Christ and the gospel of the kingdom. They rejected Christ and this was interrupted by the dispensation of grace. After this dispensation God will turn again to Israel and the kingdom on earth will be established for a thousand years, then the new heavens and earth and all things will be gathered in Christ.

Paul revealed a heavenly kingdom in this dispensation, the body of Christ would reconcile the heavenly kingdom. Both Jew and Gentile are to believe the gospel of grace.
You seem to have two gospels. Jesus said that the gospel he and the disciples preached ("this gospel") "shall be preached in all the world unto all nations."

Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

"This gospel" -- not a new improved version of it given to Paul.

Elsewhere he told them:

Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

I don't think there are versions of the Gospel. John called it "everlasting." I think the gospel message is consistent from Genesis to Revelation if we are reading the Bible correctly.

Revelation 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

God has always been a gracious God, wanting to forgive people when they repent. It is not as if Paul invented the idea of grace. Think of what God told Jonah:

Jonah 4:11 And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle?

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ephesians 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

The mystery revealed to Paul is:

The gospel of Christ is that by his death and resurrection, we have forgiveness of sin and eternal life, by believing he died for our sins and rose for our justification. All can be justified freely by God’s grace through faith in Christ Jesus, and his blood, as our propitiation (Romans 3:22-26 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 Romans 4:24-25).

The identity of a new creature, called the body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:27).

Hello @Doug,

How important the prayer of Ephesians 1:15+ is for us, who would know and understand the truth of the Mystery. For there are two mysteries spoken of in Ephesians 3: 'The Mystery of Christ' made known to the apostles and prophets by the Spirit in Ephesians 3:1-5:-
'For this cause
I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,
If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God
which is given me to you-ward:
how that by revelation He made known unto me
the mystery;
.. as I wrote afore in few words,
.... whereby, when ye read, ye may understand
...... my knowledge in the mystery of Christ
........ which in other ages
........ was not made known unto the sons of men,
........ as it is now revealed
........ unto His holy apostles and prophets
........ by the Spirit;

Yes, 'The mystery of Christ', though revealed by God in the writings of the prophets of the Old Testament, was not made known as it was now revealed unto His holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit. It needed the revelation of the Holy Spirit for it to be discerned.

- Whereas 'The Mystery' was made known exclusively to Paul, as the Prisoner of Christ Jesus, having been 'hid in God' from the beginning of the world (Ephesians 3:9). It was not the subject of the Old Testament Prophets, the gospels, the general epistles, or the early epistles of Paul, and was therefore 'unsearchable' (Ephesians 3:6-12) outside of the epistles written following its revelation (ie., Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 & 2 Timothy and Titus) .

'That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs,
.. and of the same body,
.... and partakers of His promise in Christ
...... by the gospel: Whereof I was made a minister,
........ according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me
.......... by the effectual working of His power.
Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given,
.. that I should preach among the Gentiles
the unsearchable riches of Christ;
And to make all men see
.. what is the fellowship of the mystery,
which from the beginning of the world
...... hath been hid in God,
Who created all things by Jesus Christ:
.. To the intent that now
.... unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places
...... might be known by the church
........ the manifold wisdom of God,
According to the eternal purpose
.. which He purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:
.... In whom we have boldness
...... and access
........ with confidence
by the faith of Him.'

* See also Colossians and Philippians of course for it's further unfolding

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's right. That is one of the errors of Hyper-Dispensationalism. And some just hate to give it up.
I'd heard that being discussed in other threads and had no idea what people were talking about. Maybe I still don't since I can't say I understand it.

But now I know what "hyper-dispensationalism" is about. Thanks for the info.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Giuliano,

I come under that man made category it seems, so feel free to ask me about it at any time. For with no disrespect intended to @Enoch111 at least you will have an informed reply.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
It looks to me, from what I was reading from other people in this thread, that there are two gospels.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It looks to me, from what I was reading from other people in this thread, that there are two gospels.
Hello @Giuliano.

As you will know there is more than one reference to a gospel (or good news) from God, referred to in Scripture; and only a study of each reference within it's context, and by comparing Scripture with Scripture, will reveal to the reader:- How they differ? By whom each was made known? To whom? When? and Why? :-

The Everlasting Gospel - Revelation 4:6-7
The Gospel of the Kingdom - Matthew 4:23
The Gospel of God - Romans 1:1
The Gospel of the circumcision - Galatians 2:7
The Gospel of the un-circumcision - Galatians 2:7
The Gospel of the grace of God - Acts 20:24

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think that the Holy Spirit gave the other three a different gospel? How does that relate to the Holy Spirit speaking through Paul to the Galatians, "If even an angel from heaven preaches another gospel than the one I preach, let him be accursed". Does this mean that the Holy Spirit inspired James, Peter, and John to preach an alternate gospel that results in them being cursed of God.

Jesus taught and preached the gospel of the kingdom, the thousand year millennial kingdom on earth (Matthew 9:35). Jesus gave the twelve the gospel of the kingdom to preach (Luke 9:6 Mark 16:15).

Jesus gave Paul the gospel of the grace of God (Acts 20:24).

Peter and Paul had separate ministries; Peter was sent to the circumcision (the Jews), and Paul was sent to the uncircumcision (the Gentiles). See Galatians 2:7-8

I think that when Paul said in Galatians 1:7 that it was not another gospel meant that there were others and this was not one of them.....just my take.

Also, in the tribulation there is an angel preaching another gospel in Revelation 14:6-7.

Last edited:

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to have two gospels. Jesus said that the gospel he and the disciples preached ("this gospel") "shall be preached in all the world unto all nations."

The only gospel Jesus and the twelve preached was the gospel of the kingdom, the prophetic thousand year kingdom on earth (Matthew 9:35 Mark 1:14-15). This is the gospel they were to preach to the nations (Matthew 24:14).

Reactions: charity

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Everlasting Gospel
This has been proclaimed from the beginning, ie., after the fall. By the Creator to His creatures. It's message is that God the Creator, is alone to be feared, and worshipped, and men ware to have no other gods beside Him. He is the Holy and Righteous One, and He was and is and will be the only and final Judge of man. God proclaimed this through such as Enoch and Noah, and will proclaim it again at the end, as we are told in Revelation 14:6-7. 'And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of His judgment is come: and worship Him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.'

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only gospel Jesus and the twelve preached was the gospel of the kingdom, the prophetic thousand year kingdom on earth (Matthew 9:35 Mark 1:14-15). This is the gospel they were to preach to the nations (Matthew 24:14).
Again, I do not follow you. You cite three passages -- but so far as I can see, none of them talks about a thousand year kingdom on the earth.

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think there are versions of the Gospel. John called it "everlasting." I think the gospel message is consistent from Genesis to Revelation if we are reading the Bible correctly.

Revelation 14:7 says what gospel the angel was preaching: Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

This is another gospel.

Reactions: charity

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Everlasting Gospel
This has been proclaimed from the beginning, ie., after the fall. By the Creator to His creatures. It's message is that God the Creator, is alone to be feared, and worshipped, and men ware to have no other gods beside Him. He is the Holy and Righteous One, and He was and is and will be the only and final Judge of man. God proclaimed this through such as Enoch and Noah, and will proclaim it again at the end, as we are told in Revelation 14:6-7. 'And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of His judgment is come: and worship Him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.'

In Christ Jesus
Chris
I agree. And I think the "good news" part is that God is Good and will forgive us when turn to Him and away from our sins. He wants to forgive us. He wants the best for us. He knows what's best, and there is safety in trusting in His Love, Wisdom and Power.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 14:7 says what gospel the angel was preaching: Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

This is another gospel.
No, no, no, it is the "everlasting" gospel. There is only one gospel.

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, I do not follow you. You cite three passages -- but so far as I can see, none of them talks about a thousand year kingdom on the earth.
Also see Revelation 5:10 Israel will reign with Christ on earth in the kingdom

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. And I think the "good news" part is that God is Good and will forgive us when turn to Him and away from our sins. He wants to forgive us. He wants the best for us. He knows what's best, and there is safety in trusting in His Love, Wisdom and Power.

You are saved by trusting Christ and what he did on the cross for our redemption, by believing the gospel.

This is the gospel by which we are saved.
1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

We are all sinners who can not save ourselves.
See Romans 3:23 Titus 3:5 Romans 5:6

Christ died for our sins; He was our substitute, He paid the full penalty and debt for our sin by his blood sacrifice.
See 2 Corinthians 5:21 Romans 3:24 Romans 3:25 Romans 3:26

He was buried.

He rose again for our justification ( to declare us righteous) and forgiveness of all our sin. He gives us His righteousness and eternal life.
See Romans 4:25 Ephesians 1:7 Romans 4:22 Romans 4:23 Romans 4:24 1 Corinthians 1:30

All we have to do is believe the gospel.
See Romans 4:5 1 Corinthians 1:21 Ephesians 1:13

Believing is being persuaded that something is true.
See Romans 4:21

The moment you believe you have eternal life.
Titus 1:1 Titus 1:2 Titus 3:7

Trust the gospel of your salvation. Believe in Jesus Christ to have provided payment for your sins and to give you eternal life. Place your faith in Jesus Christ, in his blood, his death and his resurrection.

Reactions: friend of

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also see Revelation 5:10 Israel will reign with Christ on earth in the kingdom
Revelation 5:10 is not talking about the gospel. You're mixing passages together that don't belong together.

You are saved by trusting Christ and what he did on the cross for our redemption, by believing the gospel.

This is the gospel by which we are saved.
1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

We are all sinners who can not save ourselves.
See Romans 3:23 Titus 3:5 Romans 5:6

Christ died for our sins; He was our substitute, He paid the full penalty and debt for our sin by his blood sacrifice.
See 2 Corinthians 5:21 Romans 3:24 Romans 3:25 Romans 3:26

He was buried.

He rose again for our justification ( to declare us righteous) and forgiveness of all our sin. He gives us His righteousness and eternal life.
See Romans 4:25 Ephesians 1:7 Romans 4:22 Romans 4:23 Romans 4:24 1 Corinthians 1:30

All we have to do is believe the gospel.
See Romans 4:5 1 Corinthians 1:21 Ephesians 1:13

Believing is being persuaded that something is true.
See Romans 4:21

The moment you believe you have eternal life.
Titus 1:1 Titus 1:2 Titus 3:7

Trust the gospel of your salvation. Believe in Jesus Christ to have provided payment for your sins and to give you eternal life. Place your faith in Jesus Christ, in his blood, his death and his resurrection.
I assure you that the Gospel Jesus and his disciples preached before the Crucifixion and Resurrection were not about the Crucifixion and Resurrection as you seem to believe. The disciples didn't believe in the Resurrection until after it happened, so how could they have preached it before it happened?

Mark 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Was Jesus asking people then to believe in the Crucifixion and Resurrection? Is that what the disciples were preaching when Jesus sent them out to preach the Gospel?

Luke 9:1 Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.
2 And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.
3 And he said unto them, Take nothing for your journey, neither staves, nor scrip, neither bread, neither money; neither have two coats apiece.
4 And whatsoever house ye enter into, there abide, and thence depart.
5 And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them.
6 And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does it say? It does not say Christ died for our sins and rose for our justification.
What the angel says is the gospel. What is so hard to understand about that? It's also what Jesus and his disciples preached . . . before the Crucifixion and Resurrection, the same gospel.