The myth of grace-only & easy-believism shattered forever

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Iit is you who is denying grace, it is by Grace we are saved, grace doesnt make one perfect, it was given for the imperfect, like us.

Joh_1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

if one is perfect than one has no need of grace. If Gods grace was to end than it would no longer be grace. As I said, when we all stand before God all those "perfect" Christians will find out how Imeperfect they are ,and that they too, still need His grace as much as the rest of us.
Sadly they will keep trying to earn it

Reactions: mailmandan

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is too those who see you sitting on your high tower and wondering why they are not as god as you, And yet you sit here talking about the cross. Something to do with passed from death to life, the cross no longer before as all I see is Christ. Our lives end there at the cross and like a good shepherd Christ leads His sheep on that narrow path that few have traveled, yet never does He beat them over a head with a stick never does he demand anything of them all He asks is they believe, because with Faith God can do anything, but men love to boast seeing it far to often on christian forums. I would still like to know how you came to your conclusion, all I hear is nice words.
You talk of a tower, and boasting. Paul saying his behaviour was holy, pure and blameless. In your view this is boasting, but Paul is declaring a real example to follow.

Declaring to follow Jesus is not a boast, it is part of the word Christian. The early followers were called people of the way. All through scripture the path of morality sings.

The disconnect is between the heart reality and the aims. Faith, opening to Jesus makes this possible. I have lived my life on this, so I know how and why it works. My heart was cold, untrusting, unable to hurt, distant. But now I am open, sharing and rejoicing through it all, knowing pain is swallowed in His grace, hardship defended by His support, evil intent blunted by God's acceptance.

So you say I have nice words, like there is something else as well. But that is me, that is Christ and His work. Depression, suicidal thoughts, disappointments, failure, rejection have also been there, but now are passed.

We were sinners capable of the worst crimes, but in Christ we are new creations to the praise of His glory, amen

Reactions: RogerDC

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A mindset apart, never to meet.

A mother gets food for there child to go to school. One mum loves their child and wants them to know support and care, and remembers the hard times they had.

Another resents they have to do this for their brat, but that's what others do.

Who can see the difference? Both do the same action for different reasons.

All we can do in Christ is share our hearts and motivation, whether told liar or encourager, it is still our heart to reach those who will listen. And to you folk, amen, the Lord is with you, walk on in love.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

I wonder at this phrase "trying to earn it"

A loving heart searches for ways to express and encourage others, its fruit is the result of the desire to bring something nice to another.
A bitter heart knows its own bitterness but is aware this is not acceptable, so learns how to hide this sore with the show of being nice.

Who can see the heart but you can feel the difference, in the overflow, in the unguarded moments, in the unscripted responses.
Jesus called this thorns and thistles.

Now those with thorns and thistles have a problem. Either their own awareness shows them they are on the wrong side of eternity, or all are actually like this, and only liars and fakers pretend they are nice.

I was shocked by a phrase told to me about having some people round for a nice tea and cakes. They said it was "like cockroaches gathering to share or demolish one another". Now I knew some of the people, and certainly this was the farthest from the reality of what was happening. But to the speaker this is all they saw and projected.

Now I will never be anything more than a cockroach to some, but I know them too well, and I know their thoughts and motivations. If God thought we are cockroaches who will be redeemed or transformed at the last trumpet, He would not have come and spent 3 years with the disciples. Sin corrupts the world with cynicism and pessimism, so everything is betrayal, hurt and disappointment, so anything in Jesus must also be fake, a firework in the sky, brilliant but just a show. This is why for me Jesus is more than a firework, but a blazing light, a reality deeper and stronger than anything else we will ever come across, because He is God, the creator of all things. He is the light of the world, our hearts desire, the beacon that lights the way, the healing of all our hurts and the peace that passes understanding.

So I understand those who hear my words pour the world scorn on me, Amen, so they should. For only in Christ will the light shine through. And it is this that brings light to my soul, and to anyone who plugs into Him. Amen, Praise the Lord.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Iit is you who is denying grace, it is by Grace we are saved, grace doesnt make one perfect, it was given for the imperfect, like us.

Joh_1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

if one is perfect than one has no need of grace. If Gods grace was to end than it would no longer be grace. As I said, when we all stand before God all those "perfect" Christians will find out how Imeperfect they are ,and that they too, still need His grace as much as the rest of us.

What do you and @Eternally Grateful believe Grace is? Unmerited favor, or something liberal like that? So you believe in Universalism? That is Jesus died for the sins of the world, so everyone, no matter what they do or believe, are saved. That is the result of a misinterpretation of Grace.

Personally, I can think of at least one thing you MUST do to even receive the prerequisite to the path of salvation. And, then again, it must be the true definition, not the liberal definition of the world.

Last edited:
Reactions: FollowHim

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What do you and @Eternally Grateful believe Grace is? Unmerited favor, or something liberal like that? So you believe in Universalism? That is Jesus died for the sins of the world, so everyone, no matter what they do or believe, are saved. That is the result of a misinterpretation of Grace.

Personally, I can think of at least one thing you MUST do to even receive the prerequisite to the path of salvation. And, then again, it must be the true definition, not the liberal definition of the world.
There was a time, when my dad was on all about this perfection. Id be skyping him and he would sit back look at his desktop and say.Aggh look at that perfect" No dad its not its a desktop its far from perfect.
Than there was a day, im trying to explain grace to Him, Hes driving down the road, I look and say, hey dad your going over the speed limit, should of seeing His face, got all upset, because HE " broke the law". oh no. Do you know the difference between law and grace?? It is one or the other, The law demands perfection, grace is for the imperfect. So if it not grace it is the law. Grace would of said, thats ok, try again not to next time, the law says. thats it prison you are no good.

So which is it you are under. And I dont think you have ant idea of what Gods grace is, if not for His grace none would be saved, and by your standard that you and a few others have set, you are doing the same thing, condemning mankind for being imperfect.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
See i wouldn't know the difference between confess and repent. Im a fairly uneducated Catholic.
In Catholicism, “confess” refers to the Sacrament of Reconciliation, which allows the sinner to be forgiven for the sins he confesses (admits to committing) to the priest. A scripture that refers to this is 1John 1:9 -
“If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

The priest can forgive sins through the power of Jesus Christ, who instituted the Sacrament of Reconciliation in John 20:21-23 - "Jesus said to them again, ‘Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I send you.’ And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, 'Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.'"

To “repent” means to turn to God and obey His commandments. Sin is disobeying any of God’s commandments, so to “repent” of sin is to stop sinning and start obeying His commandments. Therefore repentance involves changing one’s behaviour - from sinning to not sinning. If you continue to be a slave to sin, there is no repentance.

Repentance leads to “sanctification”, which means to be “holy” and “righteous”. So repentance, sanctification, holiness and righteousness all depend on obeying God’s commandments. Jesus said, “If you love me, you will obey my commandments” (John 14:14). The “saints” are described in Rev 14:12 as “those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus” (see also Rev 12:17).

Reactions: Cristo Rei

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The issue of Once Saved Always Saved (OSAS) or not is a separate one.
Once Saved Always Saved is a nonsense doctrine. For starters, we are saved only after we die and are judged by Christ and granted eternal life in Heaven. No one is "saved" in this life - this life is a test, and the test doesn't finish until we die. In this life we are on the road to salvation - hopefully.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you are a born again believer you will want to do good works Not to be saved but because you have been saved.
Whatever. Faith without works is dead - ie, no works, no salvation.
A man is justified by works and not by faith alone (James 2:24) - ie, no works, no salvation.
“Strive for … the holiness without which no one will see the Lord” (Heb 12:14) - ie, no works, no salvation.

Please explain what "good works" are.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Its called being saved by Grace through faith. And doing the works which God created for us to do. which come natural. because it is our new nature.
If a believer is tempted to sin, is it "natural" to give into temptation and sin? Or is it "natural" to say No to temptation and not sin?

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am not a OSAS person. I do believe that salvation is a gift from God. I'm not "earning" it-- such an absurdity is laughable actually. Salvation is a gift from God. And it indeed transforming and foundational to everything.
Why does Rev 3:4 say those who are "worthy" ended up in Heaven?

Why does Jesus say seven times in Rev 2 and 3 that "those who overcome" will be saved? What did they "overcome" in order to be "worthy" of salvation?

If salvation is a gift, why do believers have to "overcome" something to be "worthy" of salvation?

P.S. I like your posts.

Last edited:

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The whole logic here falls down and becomes circular. A believer believes God, walks in the Holy Spirit and is saved. A later incident in their life and they fall away. Oh they were never actually saved in the first place.
Well said. It's a dud argument that is meaningless and unhelpful.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You talk of a tower, and boasting. Paul saying his behaviour was holy, pure and blameless. In your view this is boasting, but Paul is declaring a real example to follow
Somehow, EG twists obeying God's commandments (aka "holiness") into "boasting" and "earning your salvation". I still don't know what he means by "earning your salvation".

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
how do I know I a, saved? God told me I was, he told me if I call out to him after I became poor in spirit he would save me, he told me if I believed like peter, that he had the words of eternal life, I will never hunger never thirst, live forever never die, have eternal life and be risen, (John 6) I base my faith which is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen (Heb 11) that hope which God who can not lie promised before time began (Titus 3) the faith that comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God (Rom 10) that after I hear, and after my faith, is, sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise until resurrection day (Eph 1) I can go on and on, I hope you see the picture starting of where I get my faith?
It is nonsense to claim to "know" that you are saved. Believing you are saved means nothing. After you die, you will be judged just like everyone else, and Jesus the Judge won't give a hoot about what you think.

Can you prove that you are "saved"? Of course not, so your claim to "know" that you are saved is just hot air, not to mention totally irrelevant and meaningless.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Somehow, EG twists obeying God's commandments (aka "holiness") into "boasting" and "earning your salvation". I still don't know what he means by "earning your salvation".
A legalist is someone who believes a set of rules and following them defines morality or personal worth. Though it has real value, clearly if one's heart has no love, its value is wasted.

What anti-legalists believe in failing one point means you have failed them all. Clearly if perfection is the goal ie no failure, then this is true. Self justification is flawed as Paul says, God justifies faith in Him, not obedience to the law. What is missed is God is a legalist with a heart, a way through, a true overcomer.

The law is a sign post of failure and need of correction but not justification. Free grace says the law is dead beyond showing failure, because Jesus brings forgiveness of all sin, future as well, so obedience does not reflect rebellion to God or approval.

What is toxic is their hatred of moralists. They will use phrases like worse than a murderer, should be expelled from fellowships etc. They hold being a moralist is unbelief in the forgiveness of the cross, so anti-christ. It creates these binary discussions, with such hard hearted judgemental outcomes.

The extreme position is conviction of sin is evil, even if the action is sinful because the believer is forgiven. To me this is insane social poison, removing guilt and ownership of choice. It is a sinners charter, and those of faith who abuse should be defended and upheld as examples to follow.

Forums that follow this morality allow abuse of contributors because they oppose "faith" positions even when the defender is an abusive social contributor where truth does not matter. Such folk feel entitled to claim victimisation while making others real victims of antagonism.

If one knows this enemy, keeping calm is fine. Anti moralists are lawless, and without morals do not know the Lord.
Jesus was a moralist, but empowered morality with love through the cross and the Holy Spirit in a repentant life.

Reactions: Candidus

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Most churches today teach false doctrines for several reasons:
ignorance, unbelief, for popularity, for financial benefit, etc.
Only a few churches are teaching correct doctrine these days.
There is more to correct doctrine than “Jesus is Lord and Savior”.
Many Spirit-filled Christians are warning, “The church is fast asleep!”

Grace-only, cheap-grace, hyper-grace, easy-believism …
are all called antinomianism! This is the notion that a one-time
justification saves … apart from sanctification. But, this is an
incomplete understanding of God’s wonderful free gift of grace!

The problem with easy-believism is that it allows
those who are living in hypocrisy, disobedience, and sin
(i.e. those who are NOT walking in obedience)
to live comfortably with a false assurance of salvation!
This leads to the tragedy described in Matthew 7:21-23 (for example).

“… some ungodly people have wormed their way into your churches,
saying that God’s marvelous grace allows us to live immoral lives.
… they have denied our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.” (Jude 4-5, NLT)

NOTE: We are talking here about believers who have received the Holy Spirit.

There are at least 10 NT verses for each of the following truths …

Believers prove they have true saving faith:
1 -- by their obedience
2 -- by practicing righteousness
3 -- by living holy lives
4 -- by having a healthy fear of God
5 -- by repenting of their occasional sins
6 –- by overcoming sin, the world, Satan, persecution
7 -- by enduring in the faith to the end of their lives

Re: #4 … If people are believing and trusting in grace-only, cheap-grace,
hyper-grace, easy-believism, etc., HOW can they be fearing God?

So, all of these verses PROVE the road to eternal life is indeed narrow,
and believers are responsible for playing their part in their salvation!
Or, shall we view these verses as merely bluffs, exaggerations, lies even?

Initially, through His grace, God gives to new believers:
Jesus’ righteousness, redemption, reconciliation, etc. and salvation.
However, this grace/salvation is NOT guaranteed to last forever!
Because ONLY their old-past-former sins have been forgiven (2 Peter 1:9).
And because NT verses warn about the possibility of losing salvation.

Some believers became “estranged from Christ”
… they had “fallen from grace” (Galatians 5:4).

Some believers are “of those who draw back to perdition” (Hebrews 10:39).

And there are many more warning verses.

I believe we have a dichotomy today which is this. In days past, we lived with a strict way of life that honored God and the other brethren. Some today reckon that was no more than a bunch of thou shalt not and was pharisaical and legalistic and it stifled our walk with the Lord. I grew up with this and did not find it a problem because society in those days had respect for those in authority over us and we considered the older brethren knew more than what we did.

Today we have swung round to a different way of doing things inasmuch that we seem to be left to our own devices and working out what is deemed right or wrong so the preaching is more about what we say or do to attract people into the church rather than preaching which kept people out of the church unless they were serious about their faith.

I read recently that the church is not the place for unbelievers. It is for God's frozen chew to be taught and built up and sent out. I do believe that preaching to the unconverted which the NTC did not do in their meeting together makes it easy to dilute the truth and produce people who think they are saved when they are not.
was writing under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. He didn't lie or exaggerate.
It means very little to me how YOU perceive his writing. What he wrote speaks for itself.

John ALSO admitted that he had sin in his life (1 John 1:8) and said that if we say we have NO sin - we deceive ourselves and the truth is NOT in us. Your adherence to the man-made doctrine of Eternal Security is unBiblical at every turn - and you won't find support for it in Scripture without cherry-picking verses.
Bread of Life putting us all right again. It must be lovely to be perfect.

Reactions: FollowHim

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You talk of a tower, and boasting. Paul saying his behaviour was holy, pure and blameless. In your view this is boasting, but Paul is declaring a real example to follow.

Declaring to follow Jesus is not a boast, it is part of the word Christian. The early followers were called people of the way. All through scripture the path of morality sings.

The disconnect is between the heart reality and the aims. Faith, opening to Jesus makes this possible. I have lived my life on this, so I know how and why it works. My heart was cold, untrusting, unable to hurt, distant. But now I am open, sharing and rejoicing through it all, knowing pain is swallowed in His grace, hardship defended by His support, evil intent blunted by God's acceptance.

So you say I have nice words, like there is something else as well. But that is me, that is Christ and His work. Depression, suicidal thoughts, disappointments, failure, rejection have also been there, but now are passed.

We were sinners capable of the worst crimes, but in Christ we are new creations to the praise of His glory, amen
I would still like to know where you got this all from......

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You people and you refusal to understand anything

EG says if you are obeying God to maintain your salvation, you preach a different gospel, because your obeying out of selfish intentions, to earn something

EG says if you Are obeying God because he has saved you and made you a new creature And has loved you to overflowing empowering you to love others, you are bearing fruit, and will be rewarded.

Now stop trying to tell everyone what EG believes, because you are wrong

Reactions: mailmandan