The Myth of saying that Jesus Christ died for all men without exception !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
* John 15:16: Here the Lord Jesus was talking to His disciples:-
'Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth:
but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of My Father I have made known unto you.
Ye have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you,
that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain:
that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in My name, He may give it you.'
(Joh 15:15)

* These were the twelve, chosen indeed by God the Father, through the Son.

* John 15:19:
'If the world hate you, ye know that it hated Me before it hated you.
If ye were of the world, the world would love his own:
but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world,
therefore the world hateth you.'
(Joh 15:18-19)

* These are the twelve, many who would go on to know martyrdom for His Name.

This is more about the recorded Word of God in John 15:16 and John 15:19 as mentioned in post #2283 which shows that you try to limit the audience to exclusively the apostles for the supper covered in John chapters 14 to 17.

Lord Jesus says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation) to all His own disciples (John 10:27-29) in all time.

CONSTRAINED "YOU" VERSUS UNCONSTRAINED "YOU"

Jesus employs the constrained form of "you" in the question "Did I Myself not choose you, the twelve, and yet one of you is a devil?" (John 6:70).

In John 6:70, "the twelve" constrains the audience for the first occurrence of the word "you".

Nowhere during the supper recorded in John chapters 13 to 17 does Jesus constrain the word "you" with something like "the twelve" similar to when Jesus was not at the supper saying "Did I Myself not choose you, the twelve, and yet one of you is a devil?" (John 6:70); therefore, Jesus uses the unconstrained form of "you" during the supper recorded in John chapters 13 to 17.

Since Judas had departed (John 13:21-30) from the supper by the time Jesus says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) as well as "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation), then Jesus uses the unconstrained "you" to include all Christ's disciples in all time.

As with "you" and "the twelve", Jesus didn't say "the eleven" during the supper.

The Master Orator Jesus Christ utilizes the unconstrained form of the word "you" during the supper recorded in John chapters 13 to 17 thus He includes all His disciples in all time because of His use of the word "you" with His sayings of "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) as well as "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation).

Lord Jesus says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation) to all His own disciples (John 10:27-29) in all time.

IN YOUR HEART, YOU STEAL THE AUTHORITY IN YOUR CLAIM TO CAUSE YOUR OWN BEING SAVED FROM THE WRATH OF GOD BY YOUR CHOOSING JESUS BECAUSE WITHOUT CHOOSING JESUS THERE IS NO BEING SAVED FOR YOU FREE-WILLIANS (2 PETER 2:9-10).

Related post 1: more disciples present at supper

Related post 2: Free-willian's Claim To Superiority Over The Apostles

Related post 3: The Friend Of Jesus (John 15:15) Is Exclusively Chosen By Jesus (John 15:16)

Related post 4: Lord Jesus says "what I say to you I say to all" believers in Jesus Mark 13:37)

Related post 5: Lord Jesus Prophesies And Declares The Holy Spirit Indwelling Believers In Jesus Thus "You" In John 14-17 Includes All Believers In Jesus In All Time

Related post 6: Lord Jesus' prayer for us believers

Related post 7: Lord Jesus indicates during the supper that more than the 12 apostles were at the supper

Related post 8: John's writings for we believers in all time

Related post 9: Christ binds Christians with communion is by Christ in Christ for Christ

Related post 10: God the Grantor And God the Concealer And God the Revealer

Related post 11 for Lord Jesus says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation) to all His own disciples (John 10:27-29) in all time: Lord Jesus commands us His chosen believers to go and teach and proclaim with his exclusive authoritative sovereignty declared

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Three out of four of the emojis you used appear to indicate that you are perplexed at the Word of God, so now I proclaim the Word of God that is good unto salvation Romans 1:16).

The Word of God says there is no level that a person can choose Lord Jesus because He says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) as well as "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation) - Jesus, being God, did not provide any exception for choosing toward Jesus. Lord Jesus speaks to all believers in all time because He also said "I do not ask on behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word" (John 17:20)! All these words of Jesus are at the same supper! All glory is God's! With man, salvation is impossible (Matthew 19:25-26)! All glory in the salvation of man is God's (John 15:5, Isaiah 42:8, Psalm 3:8)!

Jesus Christ died for only His chosen persons. Thus says the Word of God Himself - the One in loving control (John 3:16)!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lord Jesus quoted the recorded word in Numbers 21:8-9 as a direct correlation to His recorded words in John 3:14-16.

Christ causes the word "world" in John 3:16 to mean the population of persons currently are or in the future to be imparted the work of God unto salvation that is faith/belief in Lord Jesus Christ whom the Father has sent (John 6:29).

I proclaim the Word of God, yet you blindly call it "toot your own horn", so you do not recognize the Word of God.

YOu arrogance will be you rundoing!
That just doesn't make sense linguistically.

Because you lack linguistic acumen.

The word "evil" is an adjective; therefore, the author implied the subsequent noun of "one", which is singular, being modified by the adjective "evil".

And you know John meant to do this? correct Greek would have included the word one! Also because it is in the dative it is tied to the verb- lieth, which is a geographical verb and not a relational verb John was smart enough to know that He would not have used the term "whole" if He meant only certain people. Sorry but because of teh greek it is talking about teh entire planet lieth in the realm of wickedness! Which fits with Scripture!

We are doen here. You are free to believe your paraphrase of Gods Word according to Kermos, I will continue to study in both English, Greek and Hebrew to show my self approved.

You can think of me unsaved all you wantr- But I do have to warn you you are adding sin unto sin!

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just liked the colours. :) And thank you Kermos for your concern, but I am not perplexed by God's word. :cool:

Here is the Word of God declaring that God exclusively (1) chooses the people of God, (2) causes the people of God to believe in Jesus, (3) wrings good deeds/works/fruit in the people of God, (4) births/generates the people of God anew, (5) is the source of repentance in the people of God, and (6) is the fountain of love in the people of God.

Since God is the gracious Benefactor of we people of God Christian's, then believing in the Word of God is required to enter the Kingdom of God and be in the presence of King Jesus.

Our gracious Benefactor produces
  1. divine choice of we beneficiaries unto salvation, for the Christ of us Christians says

"you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19)

AND, Paul is in accord with Jesus' words for he wrote to the Ephesians "Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly [places] in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him in love" (Ephesians 1:3-4)

SO, clearly, Jesus' words in John 15:16 and John 15:19 state God exclusively chooses us believers by/of/through God

2. beneficiaries' faith/belief in Lord Jesus, for the Christ of us Christians says (see also a word about belief/faith (Greek πίστις pistis) and believe (Greek πιστεύω pisteuó))
    "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29)

AND Paul is in accord with Jesus' words for Paul wrote to the Ephesians "by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, [it is] the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His work, created in Christ Jesus" (Ephesians 2:8-10)

AND Peter is in accord with Jesus' words for Peter declared "God, who knows the heart, testified to them giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He also did to us; and He made no distinction between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith" (Acts 15:8-9)

SO, clearly, Jesus' words in John 6:29 state for us believers to believe in Jesus whom the Father has sent is exclusively by/of/through God

3. beneficiaries' fruit of the Spirit/righteous actions/good works, for the Christ of us Christians says
    "he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God" (John 3:21)

AND Paul is in accord with Jesus' words for he wrote to the Philippians "being filled with the fruit of righteousness that [is] by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God" (Philippians 1:11)

SO, clearly, Jesus' words in John 3:21 state fruit in we believers is exclusively by/of/through God

4. beneficiaries' birth by the Holy Spirit, for the Christ of us Christians says
    "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not be amazed that I said to you, 'You must be born again.' The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit" (John 3:5-8)

AND Peter is in accord with Jesus' words for he wrote to persons residing as aliens "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead" (1 Peter 1:3)

SO, clearly, Jesus' words in John 3:5-8 state we believers being born again is exclusively by/of/through God

5. beneficiaries' repent by God's working, for the Christ of us Christians says
    "I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to babes" (Matthew 11:25)

AND the apostles and elders are in accord with Jesus' words with thier saying, "Well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the repentance that leads to life" (Acts 11:18)

SO, clearly, Jesus' words in Matthew 11:25 state that God exclusively causes man to think differently after an encounter with God (repent means to think differently afterward)

6. beneficiaries' love by God's working, for the Christ of us Christians says
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another" (John 13:34)

AND John is in accord with Jesus' words for he wrote "Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God" (1 John 4:7, see the phrase "love is from God" meaning God is the source of true love)

AND John expands with his writing of "God is Love, and the one who abides in Love abides in God, and God abides in him" (1 John 4:16, see the phrase "one who abides in Love" is equivocated with "one who abides" "in God" which extends from God's exclusivity with "God is Love")

SO, clearly, Jesus' words in John 13:34 states that the love, the very righteous love, the Godly love within us children of God, this love is exclusively by/of/through God

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOu arrogance will be you rundoing!

Because you lack linguistic acumen.

And you know John meant to do this? correct Greek would have included the word one! Also because it is in the dative it is tied to the verb- lieth, which is a geographical verb and not a relational verb John was smart enough to know that He would not have used the term "whole" if He meant only certain people. Sorry but because of teh greek it is talking about teh entire planet lieth in the realm of wickedness! Which fits with Scripture!

We are doen here. You are free to believe your paraphrase of Gods Word according to Kermos, I will continue to study in both English, Greek and Hebrew to show my self approved.

You can think of me unsaved all you wantr- But I do have to warn you you are adding sin unto sin!

I suspect you are using the KJV version of 1 John 5:19 since you use the noun word translation of "wickedness" for the Greek singular adjective word πονηρῷ (Strong's 4190) in 1 John 5:19.

Interestingly, in 1 John 5:18, the same Greek root word with an alternative suffix occurs, πονηρὸς (Strong's 4190), yet the KJV has the translation "wicked one" for πονηρὸς (Strong's 4190) even though the noun "one" is implicit for the Greek singular adjective word πονηρὸς (Strong's 4190).

The singular adjective Greek word πονηρῷ (Strong's 4190) properly translates to the English word "wicked" as well as correctly in Greek carrying the implicit noun of "one" in 1 John 5:19 resulting in the English phrase "wicked one" just like the KJV's translation of 1 John 5:18.

Truly, both 1 John 5:18 and 1 John 5:19 are "wicked one" ("evil one") just as the NIV, ESV, NLJV, and NASB translators rendered these verses.

Your answer of "yes" to the question "@Ronald Nolette, do you believe that you, right now, are a part of "the whole world" as it is written in 'the whole world lies in the evil one' (1 John 5:19)?" places you in the location of inside the evil one - a place with you touching the evil one - the place of non-christians - Christians are not touched by the evil one (1 John 5:18).

The Christ says "by your words you will be condemned" (Matthew 12:37).

Last edited:

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Spirit of Prophecy testifies to the restricted nature of the Blood of Christ as for who it was shed for, observe Zech 13:1

In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness.

That is the Church, the Body of Christ!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Here is the Word of God declaring that God exclusively (1) chooses the people of God, (2) causes the people of God to believe in Jesus, (3) wrings good deeds/works/fruit in the people of God, (4) births/generates the people of God anew, (5) is the source of repentance in the people of God, and (6) is the fountain of love in the people of God.

Since God is the gracious Benefactor of we people of God Christian's, then believing in the Word of God is required to enter the Kingdom of God and be in the presence of King Jesus.

Our gracious Benefactor produces
  1. divine choice of we beneficiaries unto salvation, for the Christ of us Christians says

"you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19)

AND, Paul is in accord with Jesus' words for he wrote to the Ephesians "Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly [places] in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him in love" (Ephesians 1:3-4)

SO, clearly, Jesus' words in John 15:16 and John 15:19 state God exclusively chooses us believers by/of/through God

2. beneficiaries' faith/belief in Lord Jesus, for the Christ of us Christians says (see also a word about belief/faith (Greek πίστις pistis) and believe (Greek πιστεύω pisteuó))
    "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29)

AND Paul is in accord with Jesus' words for Paul wrote to the Ephesians "by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, [it is] the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His work, created in Christ Jesus" (Ephesians 2:8-10)

AND Peter is in accord with Jesus' words for Peter declared "God, who knows the heart, testified to them giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He also did to us; and He made no distinction between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith" (Acts 15:8-9)

SO, clearly, Jesus' words in John 6:29 state for us believers to believe in Jesus whom the Father has sent is exclusively by/of/through God

3. beneficiaries' fruit of the Spirit/righteous actions/good works, for the Christ of us Christians says
    "he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God" (John 3:21)

AND Paul is in accord with Jesus' words for he wrote to the Philippians "being filled with the fruit of righteousness that [is] by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God" (Philippians 1:11)

SO, clearly, Jesus' words in John 3:21 state fruit in we believers is exclusively by/of/through God

4. beneficiaries' birth by the Holy Spirit, for the Christ of us Christians says
    "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not be amazed that I said to you, 'You must be born again.' The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit" (John 3:5-8)

AND Peter is in accord with Jesus' words for he wrote to persons residing as aliens "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead" (1 Peter 1:3)

SO, clearly, Jesus' words in John 3:5-8 state we believers being born again is exclusively by/of/through God

5. beneficiaries' repent by God's working, for the Christ of us Christians says
    "I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to babes" (Matthew 11:25)

AND the apostles and elders are in accord with Jesus' words with thier saying, "Well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the repentance that leads to life" (Acts 11:18)

SO, clearly, Jesus' words in Matthew 11:25 state that God exclusively causes man to think differently after an encounter with God (repent means to think differently afterward)

6. beneficiaries' love by God's working, for the Christ of us Christians says
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another" (John 13:34)

AND John is in accord with Jesus' words for he wrote "Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God" (1 John 4:7, see the phrase "love is from God" meaning God is the source of true love)

AND John expands with his writing of "God is Love, and the one who abides in Love abides in God, and God abides in him" (1 John 4:16, see the phrase "one who abides in Love" is equivocated with "one who abides" "in God" which extends from God's exclusivity with "God is Love")

SO, clearly, Jesus' words in John 13:34 states that the love, the very righteous love, the Godly love within us children of God, this love is exclusively by/of/through God
Thank you @Kermos but I didn't read it as it was far too long.

Reactions: Wrangler

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you Kermos but I didn't read it as it was far too long.

1. "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (Jesus Christ, John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (Jesus Christ, John 15:19)

"Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly [places] in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him in love" (Paul the Apostle, Ephesians 1:3-4)

2. "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (Jesus Christ, John 6:29)

"by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, [it is] the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His work, created in Christ Jesus" (Paul the Apostle, Ephesians 2:8-10)

"God, who knows the heart, testified to them giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He also did to us; and He made no distinction between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith" (Peter the Apostle, Acts 15:8-9)

3. "he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God" (John 3:21)

"being filled with the fruit of righteousness that [is] by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God" (Paul the Apostle, Philippians 1:11)

4. "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not be amazed that I said to you, 'You must be born again.' The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit" (Jesus Christ, John 3:5-8)

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead" (Peter the Apostle, 1 Peter 1:3)

5. "I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to babes" (Jesus Christ, Matthew 11:25)

"Well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the repentance that leads to life" (The Apostles, Acts 11:18)

6. "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another" (Jesus Christ, John 13:34)

"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God" (John the Apostle, 1 John 4:7)

"God is Love, and the one who abides in Love abides in God, and God abides in him" (John the Apostle, 1 John 4:16)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

• "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (Jesus Christ, John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (Jesus Christ, John 15:19)

"Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly [places] in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him in love" (Paul the Apostle, Ephesians 1:3-4)
    • "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (Jesus Christ, John 6:29)

"by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, [it is] the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His work, created in Christ Jesus" (Paul the Apostle, Ephesians 2:8-10)

"God, who knows the heart, testified to them giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He also did to us; and He made no distinction between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith" (Peter the Apostle, Acts 15:8-9)
    • "he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God" (John 3:21)

"being filled with the fruit of righteousness that [is] by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God" (Paul the Apostle, Philippians 1:11)
    • "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not be amazed that I said to you, 'You must be born again.' The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit" (Jesus Christ, John 3:5-8)

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead" (Peter the Apostle, 1 Peter 1:3)
    • "I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to babes" (Jesus Christ, Matthew 11:25)

"Well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the repentance that leads to life" (The Apostles, Acts 11:18)
    • "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another" (Jesus Christ, John 13:34)

"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God" (John the Apostle, 1 John 4:7)

"God is Love, and the one who abides in Love abides in God, and God abides in him" (John the Apostle, 1 John 4:16)
Thank you @Kermos - more good and inspirational scriptures.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you Kermos - more good and inspirational scriptures.

Praise be to God for the Word of God!

Each numbered item represents that God exclusively (1) chooses the people of God, (2) causes the people of God to believe in Jesus, (3) wrings good deeds/works/fruit in the people of God, (4) births/generates the people of God anew, (5) is the source of repentance in the people of God, and (6) is the fountain of love in the people of God.

Since the Word of God says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19), then Christ died ONLY for the people of God.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Praise be to God for the Word of God!

Each numbered item represents that God exclusively (1) chooses the people of God, (2) causes the people of God to believe in Jesus, (3) wrings good deeds/works/fruit in the people of God, (4) births/generates the people of God anew, (5) is the source of repentance in the people of God, and (6) is the fountain of love in the people of God.

Since the Word of God says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19), then Christ died ONLY for the people of God.

John 17:20-23
Jesus Prays for All Believers
20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

The way I read John 17 is that the ones God gave to Jesus are the ones that were his disciples here on earth.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
John 17:20-23 Jesus Prays for All Believers
20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

The way I read John 17 is that the ones God gave to Jesus are the ones that were his disciples here on earth.
John 17:20-23 Jesus Prays for All Believers

@Pearl Although the passage in Matthew 6 is sometimes called The Lord's Prayer, yet really it's John 17 which can bear that title.... :)

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl Although the passage in Matthew 6 is sometimes called The Lord's Prayer, yet really it's John 17 which can bear that title.... :)
It's staggering to think that just before his death Jesus was praying for us.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl ....and risen and glorified He now 'ever liveth to make intercession' for His people, also... :)
And his Holy Spirit groans for us.
Romans 8:26
In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.

Reactions: farouk