The Myth of saying that Jesus Christ died for all men without exception !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yea, and there you go again denying "He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world." 1John 2:2, which couldn't be clearer.

He is not only the atoning sacrifice for the sins of us who are saved, but also for the whole world.

You are straight out in denial of God's Word, period!
For the Sheep Jn 10

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its Jesus stating who He specifically died for You would be wise to believe it.
If it wasn't for me, then what difference should it make if I believe it or not?
Or if it was for me, what difference would it make? If that's the case, I would have no other choice but to believe?

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. You are simply TWISTING Scripture. Regarding John 1:29, I have already posted John Calvin's commentary on that verse in the thread titled Calvinism vs Arminianism, and Calvin himself had to admit that this verse talks about THE SINS OF THE WHOLE WORLD. The human race. All human beings without exception.

So go ahead, read Calvin's commentary, and then weep for yourself and all those who have been deceived by Calvin (later on). Even though Calvin kneDitto w exactly what was in Scripture (and not just here) he chose to pervert the Gospel. Just as you have chosen to come on board in order to pervert the Gospel. Which is an extremely serious matter.
Ditto bro,
If Jesus died for the "sins" of the world...it HAS to be speaking of people. He did not die for the sins of trees, dirt, food, animals, the seas cause they don't sin! This is such a horrid doctrine of demons, not even man but...demons IMHO.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its Jesus stating who He specifically died for You would be wise to believe it.
actually

Using your line of reasoning

Its only saying Jesus died for you IF YOUR HIS SHEEP. Otherwise, He did not die for you. SO I guess you wopuld tell them they might as well eat drink and be merry because its all they have?

Reactions: Nancy

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
actually

Using your line of reasoning

Its only saying Jesus died for you IF YOUR HIS SHEEP. Otherwise, He did not die for you. SO I guess you wopuld tell them they might as well eat drink and be merry because its all they have?
Its okay to use the words of Christ to interpret scripture, or to shed light on scripture.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it wasn't for me, then what difference should it make if I believe it or not?
Or if it was for me, what difference would it make? If that's the case, I would have no other choice but to believe?
lol, it doesnt matter to you what Jesus said does it ?

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol, it doesnt matter to you what Jesus said does it ?
I know what he said. But if only some selected people are going to be saved, which he never said, why would it matter If I believed it? This is irony of Calvinism, it makes everything pointless. Either you are chosen or you're not, according to you, so whatever happens happens. C'est la vie.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know what he said. But if only some selected people are going to be saved, which he never said, why would it matter If I believed it? This is irony of Calvinism, it makes everything pointless. Either you are chosen or you're not, according to you, so whatever happens happens. C'est la vie.
If you know what He said, let that be your guide in understanding who He died for. Who did He say He was laying down His Life for here Jn 10:11,15 ?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1:29
The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Jesus bore away in His body the sin of the world.

So yes, without exception.

Much love!
Mt 7 Narrow is the way that leads to life and FEW there be who find it.

Revelation 20:15
15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brightfame52, by now you know that many of us here disagree with Calvin on his view of predestination, the whole TULIP thing. With the T being very debatable, that is.

What surprises me is that knowing predestination is biblical, you haven't asked any of us, that I know of, exactly why we disagree with Calvin.

We don't disagree for the sake of disagreeing, we have a reason. Do you know what that reason is?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mt 7 Narrow is the way that leads to life and FEW there be who find it.

Revelation 20:15
15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.
And that's the crying shame! God has reconciled the world to Himself, but there are so many who refuse to receive that reconciliation!

Much love!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Myth of saying that Jesus Christ died for all men without exception !
OP^

Myth? disagree.
Jesus' Flesh Body was precisely given for the Life of the World. (That includes all men of the world)

John 6:
[
51] I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

It's a done deal Gift Jesus Accomplished.

That GIFT of Life, comes with a PRICE...
Jesus PAID the PRICE, for the Life OF the Whole World.

That PAID GIFT, is an "OFFERING" TO the whole World TO Take the Gift ...
or Not.

A Gift that is bought and paid for; and offered to you ... IS YOURS.

This Gift Offering is Forced on no one.

Any man who Wants the Gift, may reach out and Claim his Gift.

Don't claim it, your choice, then you never take "possession" of the Gift.

Physically Die...oops. Your ability to reach out and claim your gift, expired with your bodily death.

And now, you have lost a Gift that was offered you because you failed to take possession of that Gift.

Heb 10:
[
10] By the which will we are sanctified through the Offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Reactions: Nancy and Charlie24

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did not say what I said

so it’s not already got to put words in his mouth
Jesus knows who He died for. It was His Fathers commandment Jn 10:15-18

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that's the crying shame! God has reconciled the world to Himself, but there are so many who refuse to receive that reconciliation!

Much love!
Thats the world of His Elect that has been reconciled, and having been reconciled, they shall be saved by Christs life Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more,being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Now whats the promise to the reconciled ?