The New Covenant

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A completely valid point. As they were dispersed abroad. Daniel 2:43 And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.

Depends on who one says is the “they” shall mingle themselves with the seed of men in the above.

Acts 17:26-28 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; [27] That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: [28] For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
Hi @VictoryinJesus & @quietthinker,

The twelve tribes are known of God, for He knows all things, and they will be together in the days to come for the word of God tells us so. The problem of their intermingling is not ours to worry ourselves about. God knows, and His will, will be done. All we are called upon to do is believe Him.

:)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Enoch111

I opened up this subject for debate, not realising I was opening a 'can of worms'. I have thanked everyone for their time and patience already, but as far as the entries I have made that you perceive to be 'errors', I stand by every word.

* I do not know what you mean by your last sentence, I'm afraid.

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris
We are married to Christ the moment God puts His seed in us, and we become pregnant with the new creation being just like Mary when she said,
Luk_1:38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her,
the wedding feast is there for God to show His Sons bride to the world and heaven.

Oh, okay. I'm sure you're right, I'm not very up on this :oops:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Davy,

I accept that you believe differently from myself on this subject, but it should not result in name-calling.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Heretical doctrine against God's Word is not name calling. It is exposing heretical doctrine. So you can 'try'... to claim the name calling card, but it won't change the fact that you're pushing a heretical doctrine. And it should be obvious to any Bible believing Christian, because Jesus of Nazareth is... The New Covenant having died on the cross for the remission of sins of those who believe, which includes many of the seed of Israel already.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The idea of the "everlasting covenant" is, was, and always has been, about The Gospel of Jesus Christ. It involves the Promise by Faith which God first gave through Abraham 430 years before the law:

Gen 17:5-7
5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.
7 And I will establish My covenant between Me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.
KJV

Gal 3:6-9
6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, "In thee shall all nations be blessed."
9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
KJV

And God's Promise by Faith continued from Abraham to his son Isaac:

Gen 26:3-4
3 Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I will perform the oath which I sware unto Abraham thy father;
4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;
KJV

That certainly was NOT about the old covenant law, nor the little nation state of Israel in the middle east today.

Gen 17:19
19 And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.
KJV

That was not about the old covenant. It was about The Gospel of Jesus Christ, which is the Promise by Faith first given to Abraham. It continued to Isaac, then to Jacob, and then to a remnant of Israel that believed, all the way from Abraham. Thus the New Covenant Jesus Christ, The Gospel, was ALWAYS GIVEN FIRST, prior to the law. This is why The New Covenant (The Gospel) has always meant the "everlasting covenant" mentioned even back in the Old Testament Books! It is about God's Promise of Salvation to all... nations that believe on Jesus Christ.

Until God came in the flesh as Jesus of Nazareth to die on the cross, a remnant of the seed of Israel had kept possession of The Gospel of Jesus Christ, and then went to the nations after Christ was rejected by the majority of Jews at Jerusalem. The ten tribes were scattered among those nations and many of them accepted Christ Jesus along with Gentiles, and became Christ's Church. And thus the "everlasting covenant" (New Covenant) has been with Christ's Church ever since.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Peter 1:11-12 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow. [12] Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you WITH the Holy Spirit sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

curious how you see the above^
That Christ would die and rise again and come to glory was all in the prophets in scripture.

Reactions: charity

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The idea of the "everlasting covenant" is, was, and always has been, about The Gospel of Jesus Christ. It involves the Promise by Faith which God first gave through Abraham 430 years before the law:
Gen 17:5-7
5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.
7 And I will establish My covenant between Me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.
KJV

Gal 3:6-9
6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, "In thee shall all nations be blessed."

9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
KJV

And God's Promise by Faith continued from Abraham to his son Isaac:

Gen 26:3-4
3 Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I will perform the oath which I sware unto Abraham thy father;
4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;

KJV

That certainly was NOT about the old covenant law, nor the little nation state of Israel in the middle east today.

Gen 17:19
19 And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.
KJV

That was not about the old covenant. It was about The Gospel of Jesus Christ, which is the Promise by Faith first given to Abraham. It continued to Isaac, then to Jacob, and then to a remnant of Israel that believed, all the way from Abraham. Thus the New Covenant Jesus Christ, The Gospel, was ALWAYS GIVEN FIRST, prior to the law. This is why The New Covenant (The Gospel) has always meant the "everlasting covenant" mentioned even back in the Old Testament Books! It is about God's Promise of Salvation to all... nations that believe on Jesus Christ.

Until God came in the flesh as Jesus of Nazareth to die on the cross, a remnant of the seed of Israel had kept possession of The Gospel of Jesus Christ, and then went to the nations after Christ was rejected by the majority of Jews at Jerusalem. The ten tribes were scattered among those nations and many of them accepted Christ Jesus along with Gentiles, and became Christ's Church. And thus the "everlasting covenant" (New Covenant) has been with Christ's Church ever since.
Hello @Davy,

I have no intention of trying to untangle the words of your entry. If words mean anything at all, and their usage by the Holy Spirit, then their meaning must be judged by Scriptural usage. Your use of the term 'everlasting covenant' is not correct Biblically. This is a product of your own understanding.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Am I right in thinking that you agree that the covenant, made at Sinai, was not an everlasting covenant?

God's Covenant was not made at Sinai; therefore the covenant sworn at Sinai was the people's "undertaking" / "covenant" WHICH THEY NO SOONER THAN THEY HAVE MADE IT, BROKE.

When God made His Covenant it was “before the foundation of the world”; when God made that same Covenant of His with Israel, it was <at Sinai>.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That Christ would die and rise again and come to glory was all in the prophets in scripture.

“Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things,” what does that mean to you then?

Reactions: Waiting on him

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello,

it seems to me that the basic argument is over our present understanding of: - the Hebrew word, ‘ō·w·lām which has the meaning of "for a prolonged period of time that can be seen at the vanishing point, but which is beyond our ability to comprehend." In other words, the period is for a finite period of time, in that the covenantal promises that God made with Abraham, are promises that will not longer be promises when the finite period has come to its completion as the promises will then be a reality which has actually been given. Sadly, the impression that is gleamed from the English translations is very different in that the English word used is not finite but is infinite in that it has no end where what is promised then becomes the actual reality of the covenantal promise(s) made by God.

This understanding is of particular importance with respect to the "Promised Land" which was given as a sign for Abraham's descendants that when they saw God's promise of having possession of the prescribed area of land that they could know that in the distant future from that time that they had possession of the "Promised Land," that they would inherit the whole earth as God had promised to Abraham in Genesis 12:1. Now because of Israel's open and continual idolatrous rebellion against God during their first two ages of their existence, the iniquity of the fathers was going to be visited upon the fathers Children and the children's children, during the next two ages of their existence, a period where they would be scattered to the four corners of the earth, to await the completion of this prophetic promise contained within the second commandant of the Ten Commandments as recorded in Ex 20:4-6. This is the real reason why all of Israel was scattered to the four compasses points of the earth. Israel was given a 490 year period of Grace to repent of their idolatrous behaviour in their worship before the end of the first two ages of their existence, but they did not come in repentance to God for this particular sin.

The Same is also true for the Jeremiah 31:31 verse where the Hebrew word ḥă·ḏā·šāh, which has the meaning of "like new again/fresh once more" in the lives of the nation of Israel, is not conveyed in the English word "new" which is used in the English Translation of this verse. The Prophetic Promise given in Jer 31:31ff is that God will made again the same covenant with the Nation of Israel, with all the 12 tribes of Israel, the same Kingdom of Priest, a Holy Nation, and His Possession among the Nations Covenants, but with a few "tweaks," so to speak, to the essences of the outworking of this covenant.

Until we are all arguing out of the same understanding of the meaning of the source text words, there will always be bickering between people over the meaning of what should be understood in our Holy Scriptures.

We can lead a stubborn horse to a water trough to drink and quench its thirst but unless the horse is prepared to drink from that trough, it will stand there and refuse to drink, until it is ready to drink but then it may just be too late to do so and the stubborn horse is driven out of the way by the other horses that actually do want to drink at that trough and live.

Shalom

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
'And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you,
That ye which have followed me,
in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of His glory,
ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.'

Paul said:-
And now I stand and am judged
for the hope of the promise made of God unto our fathers:
Unto which promise our twelve tribes,
instantly serving God day and night, hope to come.
For which hope's sake, king Agrippa, I am accused of the Jews.'
(Act 26:6-7)

'James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ,
to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting. '

(James 1:1)

John said:-
'And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates,
and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon,
which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel: ... '

(Revelation 21:12)

Hello @quietthinker,

* The Apostle Paul refers to the twelve tribes as a living reality
* The Lord Jesus Christ refers to the twelve tribes also as a living reality.
* So does James and John.

'Then shall the children of Judah
and the children of Israel
be gathered together,
and appoint themselves one head,
and they shall come up out of the land:
for great shall be the day of Jezreel.'

(Hosea 1:11)

In Christ Jesus
Chris
oh dear...going around and around and missing the point. Your quotes do not answer the questions of who Israel is in both my posts charity.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
* You say that I have made presumptions regarding what is referred to, in Jeremiah 31:31. as the Old Covenant, in saying :-
1) that it was made at Sinai, and
2) that God closed it.
I did not say that God 'closed' it Gerhard. I said that the New Covenant will replace it.

Sorry, what I meant is when a covenant is 'closed', it is 'made' or 'entered upon'; not shut or done with.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi @VictoryinJesus & @quietthinker,

The twelve tribes are known of God, for He knows all things, and they will be together in the days to come for the word of God tells us so. The problem of their intermingling is not ours to worry ourselves about. God knows, and His will, will be done. All we are called upon to do is believe Him.

:)
God surely knows who the 12 tribes are. One thing is certain, it isn't the genetic progeny of those tribes dispersed nor is it those who today call them selves Jews in present day Israel.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God's Covenant was not made at Sinai; therefore the covenant sworn at Sinai was the people's "undertaking" / "covenant" WHICH THEY NO SOONER THAN THEY HAVE MADE IT, BROKE.

When God made His Covenant it was “before the foundation of the world”; when God made that same Covenant of His with Israel, it was <at Sinai>.

'Now therefore, if ye will obey My voice indeed,
and keep My covenant,
then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto Me
above all people: for all the earth is mine:
And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation.
These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.'

(Exodus 19:5-6)

'And Moses came and called for the elders of the people,
and laid before their faces all these words which the LORD commanded him.
And all the people answered together, and said,
All that the LORD hath spoken we will do.
And Moses returned the words of the people unto the LORD.'

(Exodus 19:7-8)

'And he took the book of the covenant,
and read in the audience of the people:
and they said, "All that the LORD hath said will we do, and be obedient."
And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled it on the people,
and said, "Behold the blood of the covenant,
which the LORD hath made with you concerning all these words."

(Exodus 24:7-8)
-------------------------------------------

'Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath,
to observe the sabbath throughout their generations,
for a perpetual covenant.

It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever:
for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth,
and on the seventh day He rested, and was refreshed.
And He gave unto Moses,
when He had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai,
two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.'

(Exodus 31:16-18)

Hello GehardEbersoehn,

Would you be please bear with me a little, and answer the following questions for clarification:-

1) What covenant is the Lord referring to in Exodus 19:5?
2) What covenant is referred to in Exodus 24:7-8?
3) As the rainbow was a token of the everlasting covenant made with Noah and all things living (Genesis 9:16-17), and circumcision was the token of the everlasting covenant made with Abraham (Genesis 17:10-11): is the keeping of the sabbath day, the token of the covenant made at mount Sinai (Exodus 31:16-18)? I would value your thoughts on this.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
oh dear...going around and around and missing the point. Your quotes do not answer the questions of who Israel is in both my posts charity.

Hello there, @quietthinker,

With respect, who the nation of Israel is needs no explanation, quietthinker: In God's estimation it consists of 12 tribes: as is witness by the words of the Lord Jesus Christ, of Paul, James and John in the verses I quoted in reply#194.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God surely knows who the 12 tribes are. One thing is certain, it isn't the genetic progeny of those tribes dispersed nor is it those who today call them selves Jews in present day Israel.
Hi @quietthinker

Again, that is for God to determine, not you or I. For only He can judge justly.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The us is the little flock (Luke 12:32), the believing remnant of Israel.

1 Peter 1:10-12 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: [11] Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow. [12] Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

That is where I’m so confused; you said the believing remnant of Israel and in context “the grace that should come upon you” “by them that have preached the gospel unto you” even going on in context of “the grace” to come at the Revelation of Jesus Christ. What gospel preached? The gospel of grace to the remnant of Israel but then those are not of the new covenant? What does He say of the remnant of Israel?

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

it seems to me that the basic argument is over our present understanding of: - the Hebrew word, ‘ō·w·lām which has the meaning of "for a prolonged period of time that can be seen at the vanishing point, but which is beyond our ability to comprehend." In other words, the period is for a finite period of time, in that the covenantal promises that God made with Abraham, are promises that will not longer be promises when the finite period has come to its completion as the promises will then be a reality which has actually been given. Sadly, the impression that is gleamed from the English translations is very different in that the English word used is not finite but is infinite in that it has no end where what is promised then becomes the actual reality of the covenantal promise(s) made by God.

This understanding is of particular importance with respect to the "Promised Land" which was given as a sign for Abraham's descendants that when they saw God's promise of having possession of the prescribed area of land that they could know that in the distant future from that time that they had possession of the "Promised Land," that they would inherit the whole earth as God had promised to Abraham in Genesis 12:1. Now because of Israel's open and continual idolatrous rebellion against God during their first two ages of their existence, the iniquity of the fathers was going to be visited upon the fathers Children and the children's children, during the next two ages of their existence, a period where they would be scattered to the four corners of the earth, to await the completion of this prophetic promise contained within the second commandant of the Ten Commandments as recorded in Ex 20:4-6. This is the real reason why all of Israel was scattered to the four compasses points of the earth. Israel was given a 490 year period of Grace to repent of their idolatrous behaviour in their worship before the end of the first two ages of their existence, but they did not come in repentance to God for this particular sin.

The Same is also true for the Jeremiah 31:31 verse where the Hebrew word ḥă·ḏā·šāh, which has the meaning of "like new again/fresh once more" in the lives of the nation of Israel, is not conveyed in the English word "new" which is used in the English Translation of this verse. The Prophetic Promise given in Jer 31:31ff is that God will made again the same covenant with the Nation of Israel, with all the 12 tribes of Israel, the same Kingdom of Priest, a Holy Nation, and His Possession among the Nations Covenants, but with a few "tweaks," so to speak, to the essences of the outworking of this covenant.

Until we are all arguing out of the same understanding of the meaning of the source text words, there will always be bickering between people over the meaning of what should be understood in our Holy Scriptures.

We can lead a stubborn horse to a water trough to drink and quench its thirst but unless the horse is prepared to drink from that trough, it will stand there and refuse to drink, until it is ready to drink but then it may just be too late to do so and the stubborn horse is driven out of the way by the other horses that actually do want to drink at that trough and live.

Shalom
'Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image,
or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above,
or that is in the earth beneath,
or that is in the water under the earth:
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them:
for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God,
visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children
unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me,
and keep my commandments.'

(Exodus 20:4-6)

Hello @Jay Ross,

Thank you for your input.
Would you please explain how you computed the words of Exodus 20 (quoted above), that you referenced in your entry, to the sum of 490 years. Remembering please, that I find it hard to relate to anything numerical, so it will have to be explained simply.
Jay:-
Now because of Israel's open and continual idolatrous rebellion against God during their first two ages of their existence, the iniquity of the
fathers was going to be visited upon the fathers Children and the children's children, during the next two ages of their existence, a period where they would be scattered to the four corners of the earth, to await the completion of this prophetic promise contained within the second commandant of the Ten Commandments as recorded in Ex 20:4-6. This is the real reason why all of Israel was scattered to the four compasses points of the earth. Israel was given a 490 year period of Grace to repent of their idolatrous behaviour in their worship before the end of the first two ages of their existence, but they did not come in repentance to God for this particular sin.

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
'Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image,
or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above,
or that is in the earth beneath,
or that is in the water under the earth:
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them:
for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God,
visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children
unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me,
and keep my commandments.'

(Exodus 20:4-6)

Hello @Jay Ross,

Thank you for your input.
Would you please explain how you computed the words of Exodus 20 (quoted above), that you referenced in your entry, to the sum of 490 years. Remembering please, that I find it hard to relate to anything numerical, so it will have to be explained simply.

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Hi Charity,

Let me create a word picture: -

Exodus 20:4-6 creates a timeline which spans four ages/Days of the Lord, i.e. approx. around 1,000 years each, where the first age begins with the birth of Isaac at the beginning of the third age of mankind. The second age by co-incidence, by my reckoning, begins with the birth of King David. These two ages constitutes the time of the "Fathers" in the Exodus 20:4-6 where the majority of the fathers indulged in idolatrous worship.

By my reckoning the third age began with the birth of Christ, at the beginning of the third age of the descendants of Abraham/Isaac/Jacob and is described in the Exodus passage as the fathers children, with the fourth age of the descendants existence described as the age of the children's children, which brings us to the end of this present age, the end of the fourth age of the existence of the descendants of Abraham.

The end of this present age will see the judgement against the heathen nations for their 2,300 years of trampling the sanctuary of God and His hosts, i.e. all of Israel, when Paul in Romans 11:25-26 tells us that all of Israel will be saved.

Now the question that you have asked is how I am able to interweave Exodus 20:4-6 with Daniel 9:24?

In 9:24 Daniel informs his countrymen that they have period of grace of 490 years to repent of their iniquities of idolatrous worship before the visitation of the fathers iniquities would be visited upon their children and the children's children.

This verse can be broken up into two parts: -

The first part this verse is a call for Israel to repent of and put an end their iniquity: -

"Seventy weeks are determined, i.e. 490 years, For your people and for your holy city, To finish the transgression, To make an end of sins,

The second part of this verse falls into the providence of Christ to modify and improve the process of salvation from sin: -

To make reconciliation for iniquity, To bring in everlasting righteousness, To seal up vision and prophecy, And to anoint the Most Holy.

The Starting point of God's Grace towards Israel started in the year 494 BC, based on the consensus understanding that Christ was born in 4 BC and the seventy weeks (of years) being for a period of 490 solar years.

Now since Israel as a whole did not stop their idolatrous worship even after the birth of Christ, the visitation of their iniquities has fallen on the father's children and the children's children which included the destruction of the temple so that their was no longer any place where the yearly sin sacrifice could be presented. Isaiah 65 is a good passage to read with respect to the iniquities of Israel being remembered by God and His response to their iniquities.

Isaiah also tells us that after the completion of the period of the visitation of the iniquities of the fathers being visited upon their children and the children's children, God will turn and hear their call to Him and will set about redeeming them and making like new again the Kingdom of Priest, a Holy Nation and His Possession Among the Nations, Covenant for the period of the Summer Harvest of Souls.

Shalom

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
'Now therefore, if ye will obey My voice indeed,
and keep My covenant,
then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto Me
above all people: for all the earth is mine:
And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation.
These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.'

(Exodus 19:5-6)

And Moses returned the words of the people unto the LORD.'

'And he took the book of the covenant,
and read in the audience of the people:
and they said, "All that the LORD hath said will we do, and be obedient."
And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled it on the people,
and said, "Behold the blood of the covenant,
which the LORD hath made with you concerning all these words."

(Exodus 24:7-8)
-------------------------------------------

'Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath,
to observe the sabbath throughout their generations,
for a perpetual covenant.

It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever:
for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth,
and on the seventh day He rested, and was refreshed.
And He gave unto Moses,
when He had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai,
two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.'

(Exodus 31:16-18)

Hello GehardEbersoehn,

Would you be please bear with me a little, and answer the following questions for clarification:-

1) What covenant is the Lord referring to in Exodus 19:5?
2) What covenant is referred to in Exodus 24:7-8?
3) As the rainbow was a token of the everlasting covenant made with Noah and all things living (Genesis 9:16-17), and circumcision was the token of the everlasting covenant made with Abraham (Genesis 17:10-11): is the keeping of the sabbath day, the token of the covenant made at mount Sinai (Exodus 31:16-18)? I would value your thoughts on this.

HERE IS THE 'OLD COVENANT'...

And Moses returned
the words of the people unto the LORD.'
!!!!!!!!!!!!!