The New Covenant

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @FollowHim,

The fact that the children of Israel were in a covenant relationship with God, is a Biblical fact.

* You say that you believe Jesus to be the corner stone of Israel:-

'The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.'
(Psalm 118:22)

'Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures,
"The stone which the builders rejected,
the same is become the head of the corner:
this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?"
Therefore say I unto you,
.. The kingdom of God shall be taken from you,
.... and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
...... And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken:
........ but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder."

(Matthew 21:42-44)

* The generation of Israel to whom the Lord spoke in Matthew 21, was 'a wicked generation', and one which the men of Israel were urged 'repent' and 'save themselves' from (Acts 2:40). The Kingdom of God was taken from them, for they would reject their King (the Lord Jesus Christ): but the nation of Israel will one day produce fruits unto righteousness, for they will repent and receive their Messiah and King; and to that nation the Kingdom will be given, as prophesied by Isaiah in chapter 66:7-14, for the Lord will return, His Kingdom will come, and the times of refreshing will come from the presence of the Lord.

'Before she travailed, she brought forth;
before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.
.. Who hath heard such a thing?
.... who hath seen such things?
...... Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day?
........ or shall a nation be born at once?
for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.
.. Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the LORD:
.... shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.
Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her:
rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her:
.. That ye may suck, and be satisfied with the breasts of her consolations;
.... that ye may milk out, and be delighted with the abundance of her glory.
For thus saith the Lord,
.. Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river,
.... and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream:
...... then shall ye suck, ye shall be borne upon her sides, and be dandled upon her knees.
As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you;
.. and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem.
.... And when ye see this, your heart shall rejoice, and your bones shall flourish like an herb:
...... and the hand of the LORD shall be known toward His servants,
........ and His indignation toward His enemies.'

(Isaiah 66:7-14)

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Thank you for this.
I was thinking today about a verse,

Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.
2 John 1:9

We are in the new covenant with Jesus, in our hearts, in the new birth in our spirits.
For me the profound realisation is bowing before Jesus and worshipping Him as our Lord and Saviour. A man of faith sees our Lord having faith in us so we can walk like Him in the power of the Holy Spirit.

The new covenant is a promise of communion never seen before in the old covenant, now brought to life in Jesus and faith.
But how many have faith to believe in this new covenant and to walk in its reality?

Reactions: Nancy

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I believe this tells us what our covenant is all about, it’s a marriage covenant.
Hello @Waiting on him,

With respect to you, the quotation I made, from which you have extracted those words, was from Jeremiah 31:32, and those words were directed to 'the house of Israel' and 'the house of Judah' (v31): not to the church.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I couldn’t agree more, it’s like they were singing a new song.
Hello @@Waiting on him,

You are agreeing with words quoted from reply#98, (quote) * The hope of all at that time, was for Israel to repent and acknowledge the Lord Jesus Christ as their Messiah, in response to God's call through Peter in Acts 3:18-20, so that the Lord may return and Israel as a nation fulfil it's divinely granted priestly role among the nations. However Israel, as we know, did not repent.

I don't understand your words, 'it's like they were singing a new song', but I am glad you agree with what was said in that sentence. :)

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Waiting on him,

With respect to you, the quotation I made, from which you have extracted those words, was from Jeremiah 31:32, and those words were directed to 'the house of Israel' and 'the house of Judah' (v31): not to the church.

In Christ Jesus
Chris
Thank you, still trying to wrap my small brain around all of this. I was of the understanding that I’m a child of God (born from above) if born of God then at some point there was a marriage
Or there’s other alternatives
God has children out of wedlock?
I’m not a child of God?

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
[QUOTE="FollowHim, post: 688375, member: 8343"
]Thank you for this.

Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.

We are in the new covenant with Jesus, in our hearts, in the new birth in our spirits.
For me the profound realisation is bowing before Jesus and worshipping Him as our Lord and Saviour. A man of faith sees our Lord having faith in us so we can walk like Him in the power of the Holy Spirit.

The new covenant is a promise of communion never seen before in the old covenant, now brought to life in Jesus and faith.
But how many have faith to believe in this new covenant and to walk in its reality?
[/QUOTE]
Hello @FollowHim

I am glad you liked the verse I quoted in response to your reference to the 'corner stone', from Psalm 118:22 and Matthew 21:42-44 in (reply#103). I also share your joy in the relationship we have with the Lord Jesus Christ, and the knowledge that we have been born from above. Though we, sadly, do not share the same understanding as to what the New Covenant comprises, and to whom it will be given.

With love to you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you, still trying to wrap my small brain around all of this. I was of the understanding that I’m a child of God (born from above) if born of God then at some point there was a marriage
Or there’s other alternatives
God has children out of wedlock?
I’m not a child of God?
'According as He hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world,
.. that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love:
Having predestinated us
unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself,
.. according to the good pleasure of His will,
To the praise of the glory of His grace,
.. wherein He hath made us accepted in the beloved.'

(Ephesians 1:4-6)

Hello @Waiting on him,

I understand how you must find what I say confusing. In regard to our being born from above by the operation of the Spirit, and being now, 'sons', of God: that was by adoption, by the Lord Jesus Christ. 'According to the good pleasure of His will'. Praise God!

With love in Christ Jesus
Chris

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QUOTE="FollowHim, post: 688375, member: 8343"
]Thank you for this.

Hello @FollowHim

I am glad you liked the verse I quoted in response to your reference to the 'corner stone', from Psalm 118:22 and Matthew 21:42-44 in (reply#103). I also share your joy in the relationship we have with the Lord Jesus Christ, and the knowledge that we have been born from above. Though we, sadly, do not share the same understanding as to what the New Covenant comprises, and to whom it will be given.

With love to you
In Christ Jesus
Chris[/QUOTE]
Truly and amazing happening as soon as one believes in their heart travail and birth simultaneously.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'According as He hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world,
.. that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love:
Having predestinated us
unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself,
.. according to the good pleasure of His will,
To the praise of the glory of His grace,
.. wherein He hath made us accepted in the beloved.'

(Ephesians 1:4-6)

Hello @Waiting on him,

I understand how you must find what I say confusing. In regard to our being born from above by the operation of the Spirit, and being now, 'sons', of God: that was by adoption, by the Lord Jesus Christ. 'According to the good pleasure of His will'. Praise God!

Chris
I believe I understand your position now, not born of but adopted into the family?

Reactions: charity

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Charity:-
Hello @FollowHim

With love to you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Truly and amazing happening as soon as one believes in their heart travail and birth simultaneously.
Hi @Waiting on him

You are referencing Isaiah 66:7-14 from reply#91 I believe.

Yes it is truly wonderful that we are born from above the moment we believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
In the prophecy concerning Jerusalem (Zion) in Isaiah 66 it is Zion who travails and gives birth in one day. Which will be wonderful, for it will be all God's doing.

'Before she travailed, she brought forth;
.. before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.
.... Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things?

Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day?
.. or shall a nation be born at once?
.... for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the LORD:
.. shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.
Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her:
.. rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her:
.... That ye may suck, and be satisfied with the breasts of her consolations;
...... that ye may milk out, and be delighted with the abundance of her glory.'

(Isaiah 66:7-11)

Praise God!

Chris

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 9:3-4 KJV
[3] For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh: [4] Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

Tecarta Bible

Reactions: charity

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Chris, are you speaking about "the Body of Christ, being called out during this dispensation" the "rapture" theory? Good point as, Israel will still be here...?

No, she is actually talking about a very... dangerous... idea that is not Biblical, but is heresy.

She is basically saying The New Covenant (Jesus Christ) is not with the Church, but 'will be' with Israel, pointing to the future. That basically is heresy, because our Lord Jesus Christ is... The New Covenant. And all those who have believed on The Father through Christ's Blood shed upon the cross are IN... The New Covenant right now. It ain't no 'will be' situation, The New Covenant is in effect right now, today, since Jesus died on the cross. That is why her belief is a heretical doctrine and if it were true would mean we all... are still under the old covenant.

But the hard truth those have a hard time receiving is that the old covenant indeed is DEAD.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are correct in your assertion that the New Covenant is to be (future tense) made with Israel and not with the Church, however where you err is in assuming that the Church (those fully consecrated) is not in covenant relationship with God.

All who have fully consecrated themselves to the LORD are in covenant relationship with the Father, NOT in the New Covenant but rather in a covenant of sacrifice, following in the Master's footsteps. Even now such are being gathered together in mutual appreciation of that covenant with God.

"Gather My servants together to Me, those who have made a covenant to Me by sacrifice" (Psa 50:5), those who have taken the Apostle admonition and who have presented their bodies to Me a living sacrifice (fully justified through Christ Jesus), and thus holy and acceptable. (Rom 12:1)

I would suggest the following blog post "The Mediator and the New Covenant" for a more through understanding on the matter of the New Covenant for all who are interested.

And I would suggest my Christian brethren not following folks like you at all!

As a matter of fact, if I were the main administrator on this Christian Forum, those with ideas that Christ's Church today is not under The New Covenant would be banned from this Forum. No true believer on Jesus Christ would entertain the idea that His Church is not under The New Covenant already. Those on that idea are not Christians, period, and have no right to call themselves a Christian.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

As a matter of fact, if I were the main administrator on this Christian Forum, those with ideas that Christ's Church today is not under The New Covenant would be banned from this Forum. No true believer on Jesus Christ would entertain the idea that His Church is not under The New Covenant already. Those on that idea are not Christians, period, and have no right to call themselves a Christian.
I disagree, they of all people need desperately to be here.
A better suggestion would be burn all commentary, and allow the Spirit of God to teach.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree, they of all people need desperately to be here.
A better suggestion would be burn all commentary, and allow the Spirit of God to teach.

That kind of heresy against Christ The New Covenant is 'over the top'. Should never... be allowed on a Christian forum.

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well thank the Lord (literally) you are not the administrator of this forum else all truth would be stifled and nothing but the errors of the church nominal taught here.

Your comment here suggest you have very little understanding of the subject. As stated the True Church is not under the New Covenant but are when glorified to be made administrators of that covenant with their Lord, as the Great Mediator. They are to mediate this covenant with Israel first and through them to the rest of the world.

If you believe you are under the New Covenant then you can't be part of the True Church, but either of Israel or the world. Of course this covenant has not yet gone into effect as the Great Mediator of that covenant (the Church complete, both Head and body) is not yet complete.

See, "The Mediator and the New Covenant"