The Only Problem With The Trinity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do believe, that Christ was Divine, and was the Word of God, and that God worked through the Living Fleshly Christ, as he lived on this earth. God incarnate people say.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jude 1:4
For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

One Lord eph 4:5 so Christ is God!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Jude 1:4
For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

One Lord eph 4:5 so Christ is God!

Two Lords

1. the Lord God.
2. the Lord Jesus Christ.

The Lord God is the God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Jude isn’t a trinitarian and neither is Paul. Their God is Jesus’ God, and Jesus’ God is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. There is no God besides his and their God.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
There are many problems with the Trinity. Chief among them is the simple fact that Jesus himself has a God and his God is not the Trinity.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two Lords

1. the Lord God.

Jude isn’t a trinitarian and neither is Paul. Their God is Jesus’ God, and Jesus’ God is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. There is no God besides his and their God.

there is only one Lord and one God!
Eph 4:5

Athanasius Creed!
(From the early church)
Whoever desires to be saved must above all hold to the catholic faith.

Anyone who does not keep it whole and entire will doubtless perish eternally.

Now this is the catholic faith:

That we worship one God in trinity and the trinity in unity, neither blending their persons nor dividing their essence. For the person of the Father is a distinct person, the person of the Son is another,
and that of the Holy Spirit still another.
But the divinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one, their glory equal, their majesty coeternal.

What quality the Father has, the Son has, and the Holy Spirit has. The Father is uncreated, the Son is uncreated, the Holy Spirit is uncreated.

The Father is immeasurable, the Son is immeasurable, the Holy Spirit is immeasurable.

The Father is eternal, the Son is eternal,
the Holy Spirit is eternal.

And yet there are not three eternal beings; there is but one eternal being.
So too there are not three uncreated or immeasurable beings, there is but one uncreated and immeasurable being.

Similarly, the Father is almighty, the Son is almighty, the Holy Spirit is almighty. Yet there are not three almighty beings;
there is but one almighty being.

Thus the Father is God,
the Son is God,
the Holy Spirit is God.
Yet there are not three gods;
there is but one God.

Thus the Father is Lord,
the Son is Lord,
the Holy Spirit is Lord.
Yet there are not three lords;
there is but one Lord.

Just as Christian truth compels us
to confess each person individually
as both God and Lord, so catholic religion forbids us to say that there are three gods or lords.…..

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
there is only one Lord and one God!
Eph 4:5

Athanasius Creed!
(From the early church)
Whoever desires to be saved must above all hold to the catholic faith.

Anyone who does not keep it whole and entire will doubtless perish eternally.

Now this is the catholic faith:

That we worship one God in trinity and the trinity in unity, neither blending their persons nor dividing their essence. For the person of the Father is a distinct person, the person of the Son is another,
and that of the Holy Spirit still another.
But the divinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one, their glory equal, their majesty coeternal.

What quality the Father has, the Son has, and the Holy Spirit has. The Father is uncreated, the Son is uncreated, the Holy Spirit is uncreated.

The Father is immeasurable, the Son is immeasurable, the Holy Spirit is immeasurable.

The Father is eternal, the Son is eternal,
the Holy Spirit is eternal.

And yet there are not three eternal beings; there is but one eternal being.
So too there are not three uncreated or immeasurable beings, there is but one uncreated and immeasurable being.

Similarly, the Father is almighty, the Son is almighty, the Holy Spirit is almighty. Yet there are not three almighty beings;
there is but one almighty being.

Thus the Father is God,
the Son is God,
the Holy Spirit is God.
Yet there are not three gods;
there is but one God.

Thus the Father is Lord,
the Son is Lord,
the Holy Spirit is Lord.
Yet there are not three lords;
there is but one Lord.

Just as Christian truth compels us
to confess each person individually
as both God and Lord, so catholic religion forbids us to say that there are three gods or lords.…..

Christian truth: there is no God besides the God of Israel and the God of Israel is the God of Jesus.

That’s incompatible with your Catholic faith.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two Lords

1. the Lord God.

Psalm 19
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

Reactions: Matthias

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christian truth: there is no God besides the God of Israel and the God of Israel is the God of Jesus.

That’s incompatible with your Catholic faith.

the trinity is bound on earth and heaven by the authority of Christ in an apostolic council! Dogma is an inconvertible truth revealed by God and taught by holy mother church Matt 28:19 Jude 1:3

truth is immutable!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
the trinity is bound on earth and heaven by the authority of Christ in an apostolic council! Dogma is an inconvertible truth revealed by God and taught by holy mother church Matt 28:19 Jude 1:3

truth is immutable!

The Trinity isn’t Jesus’ own God. Your “mother church” is a counterfeit.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“But the Jerusalem above (the Messianic kingdom of Christ) is free, and she is our mother.”

(AMP)

Not the RCC.

the kingdom came two thousand yrs ago the new covenant church

Prophecy of the new covenant and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (The new covenant church) Jn 15:1-5

Dan 2: 44 And in the days of these kings (Roman Caesars) shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Micah 4:1
But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Daniel 7:18
But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s right. A Jewish man - whose God isn’t the Trinity - is the head of that church.

who is the visible head of the church on earth?

Christ is king but kings don’t administer their own kingdoms

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
~

The only understanding that has been made know to me about the trinity.

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The Word was with God in the Beginning.
The Word was with God.
The Word was God.

Notice Word: Word was with with, and was God and was at the Beginning.

Now the Word: maybe it was in a the form of a shape; all I know is that have no idea what the Word looks like of God and have no ability to see it; Yes the Word was made flesh. This scripture however is still talking about in the Beginning; was the Word with, and was God.

To me the was God is this: the Word of God was a part of God. When God spoke; the Word then had the power to create. So God spoke through the Word -> in which Created the light, heavens, and earth, the Word was with God in the beginning.

The Word was with God, was apart of God (as the mouthpiece), and was with God in the beginning.

The Word - What does that look to do you?

~~~

The Holy Spirit - is not a person in my opinion because what does a spirit look like? Can you describe it to me exactly?

~~~

The Father : God ; our Father - Jesus Christ's Father, : God is a spirit ~ Not flesh and bones.

~~~

By and through scripture you can understand these concepts. Though many people like to argue against trinity and whatever, but no one will ever be 100% on it ever period in this lifetime.

My conclusions is that I just do not see 3 people in 1 God. Though do believe that God, the Son of God, and The Holy Spirit all agree and testify as one about the truth of the Heavenly Realms. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Lord God Almighty, the Lord, Son of God, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, and believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, and His Father are completely worthy of trusting and placing hope in.

Hi Matt

I don't understand the trinity it's totally confusing to me and makes no sense. One must perform great feats of mental gymnastics to make it work. I don't think anyone really understands it, they try desperately to explain it but without logic. Like if Jesus is God then why does he speak and pray to himself?

I think the RCC is the most honest on this topic. They invented the trinity and say it's a mystery. So anyone claiming to understand it really doesn't cos it's inventor doesn't even understand it.

I understand how Jesus is the Son of God but I don't understand how He can be both, talking about himself, talking and praying to himself. Even God himself said "This I my son" and nothing more. I think that is most probable

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
the kingdom came two thousand yrs ago the new covenant church

Prophecy of the new covenant and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (The new covenant church) Jn 15:1-5

Dan 2: 44 And in the days of these kings (Roman Caesars) shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Micah 4:1
But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Daniel 7:18
But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

The RCC isn’t the kingdom of God.

See and pray the Lord’s Prayer. “Thy kingdom come …”

It will.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Matt

I don't understand the trinity it's totally confusing to me and makes no sense. One must perform great feats of mental gymnastics to make it work. I don't think anyone really understands it, they try desperately to explain it but without logic. Like if Jesus is God then why does he speak and pray to himself?

I think the RCC is the most honest on this topic. They invented the trinity and say it's a mystery. So anyone claiming to understand it really doesn't cos it's inventor doesn't even understand it.

I understand how Jesus is the Son of God but I don't understand how He can be both, talking about himself, talking and praying to himself. Even God himself said "This I my son" and nothing more. I think that is most probable

invented???

Truth must be revealed by God, and in its fullness in the sacred deposit of faith by Christ to his church! Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3 and must be taught by the church, or proposed for our belief by the apostles!
Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 Jn 20:21 acts 8:31 Rom 1:5 col 2:7 1 Tim 3:15
matt 18:17

Christ and His church are one! acts 9:4 Acts 5:32 Jn 15:1-5

Truth is immutable! Cannot change!

And same truths revealed by Christ and taught by the church are always believed and taught from the beginning when Christ taught his church in person!

Status
Not open for further replies.