The Only Problem With The Trinity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only problem with the most blessed trinity is our dim understanding of this great mystery!

Reactions: rockytopva

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The best way to visualize Trinity from our point of view is to think of God in a higher dimension where concepts like Time or Shape may not be the same as our world. For example, think of how a 2-dimensional being would visualize a sphere in their world. It would be a series of circles appearing and disappearing in their dimension but they have no concept of a sphere. The same concept can be applied for the Creator/Trinity in higher dimensions from our point of view.
This short 5-minute video helps illustrate the point.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a trinitarian doctrine outside of Scripture. Deuteronomy 18:15-18 makes it clear that God (who alone is the Father) is perfectly capable of speaking words for himself. He said in these verses he would put his words in a man he selects among the people.

Jesus affirmed this saying God selected him, send him and he says only what God tells him to say.

Gods Word IS called by the Name JESUS.
Gods Power IS called by the Name Christ.
Gods Widsom IS called by the Name Christ.
Gods Seed IS called by the Name Christ.

God desides what Parts of Him shall be called....just as you come to this forum and decide on this forum your WORD shall be called Wrangler.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Apostles said God was the Father alone.

In every Epistle they wrote! Where did the Holy Apostles said God was the Father alone.

And he will call out to me, ‘You are my Father, my God, and the Rock of my salvation.’
Psalm 89:26

“Don’t cling to me,” Jesus said, “for I haven’t yet ascended to the Father. But go find my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”
John 20:17

For us, there is one God, the Father
1 Corinthians 8:6

May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you grace and peace.
2 Corinthians 1:2

I was not appointed by any group of people or any human authority, but by Jesus Christ himself and by God the Father, who raised Jesus from the dead.
Galatians 1:1

Ephesians 1:2

Philippians 1:2

May God our Father give you grace and peace.
Colossians 1:2

I was not appointed by any group of people or any human authority, but by Jesus Christ himself and by God the Father, who raised Jesus from the dead.

We are writing to the church in Thessalonica, to you who belong to God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
1 & 2 Thessalonians 1:1

May God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord give you grace, mercy, and peace.
1 & 2 Timothy 1:2

May God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior give you grace and peace.
Titus 1:4

Philemon 1:3

For God never said to any angel what he said to Jesus: “You are my Son. Today I have become your Father.”
God also said, “I will be his Father, and he will be my Son.
Hebrews 1:5

Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring
James 1:27

God the Father knew you and chose you long ago, and his Spirit has made you holy.
1 Peter 1:2

when he received honor and glory from God the Father.
2 Peter 1:17

We proclaim ... our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ.
1 John 1:3 (NOTE: Again no reference to the HS)

Grace, mercy, and peace, which come from God the Father
2 John 1:3

He has made us a Kingdom of priests for God his Father.
Revelation 1:6

Reactions: amadeus

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
man only has intellect and will or volition

Aside from a mans body, man has a soul and man has a spirit....

And a mans thoughts of his spirit have nothing to do with his mindful intellect.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is this time dependency standard you are inventing?!

You said the Prophets spoke Gods word...
By Magic? No, by God Speaking to them.

Are you denying Jesus said that he only says what the Father tells him to say?

Quite sure that thought is out of you...and I said no such thing.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Only Problem With The Trinity
OP ^

There are Multiply problems with the TRINITY, as there are Multiple problems with the Difference Between....
KNOWING what Scripture SAYS and WHY
AND
UNDERSTADNING what Scripture MEANS and WHY.

God IS His OWN Words, Thoughts, Power...
And WHAT HE DECIDES He shall be CALLED (Name or Title or Description) AT ANY Given time, for ANY Particular purpose....IS according to His OWN WILL.

What NAME or TITLE or DESCRIPTION God gives a man TO CALL HIM...at ANY particular time FOR any particular purpose.....
DOES NOT CHANGE WHO GOD IS!

The UNDERSTANDING IS:...NOT A MYSTERY...
GOD NEVER CHANGES!!!
Father, Son, Holy Spirit, Eternal Spirit, Power,
I Am that I Am, Jesus, Christ, LORD, Lord, Yahweh, Creater, Maker, Holy, All Knowing,
on and on....IS ALL ONE Everlasting God.

Mal 3:
[6] I am the LORD, I change not..

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said the Prophets spoke Gods word...
By Magic? No, by God Speaking to them.

Another invented standard. No one said anything about magic. Are you claiming God did not speak to Jesus?

Quite sure that thought is out of you...and I said no such thing.

Way not to answer the question. Speaking in negation does NOT establish the positive claim. Yes or No; Are you denying Jesus said that he only says what the Father tells him to say?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only problem with the most blessed trinity is our dim understanding of this great mystery!
The James Webb Space Telescope is expected to launch later in the year and it will be hard to tell the mysteries it will find. God has reformed the plasma to countless galaxies and with all that mass at hand he says…

Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. - Luke 12:6-7

You know, they are fooling us, there is no God… all this talk about God is sheer nonsense." - Joseph Stalin to a boyhood friend

If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma
Mental E/c2 - Our brains output is a result of E/c2
Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)
---c2 - Kind a like red, blue, green, and yellow, only in spiritual terms.

If E = mc2 then one can divide and say that m = E/c2. Therefore all of creation came into existence with the Fathers great Energy and Light... In which there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2... The sun is E/c2 in the form of plasma... The Earth is cooled E/c2.
Mental E/c2... Our ability to think comes from E/c2
Spiritual E/c2... Energy (Virtue, Motivation, Love) / c2 (Faith, Hope, Charity, Joy)

The foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. - 1 Corinthians 1:25

Yes... Joseph Stalin was right... The power of God is non-sense...There is no intellectual value to virtue, love, faith, hope, charity, and joy. As darkness is the opposite of light so the opposite of virtue, love, faith, hope, charity, and joy is vice, hate, fear, depression, greed, and sorrow. It is the presence of the Spiritual E/c2 that is Christianities greatest friend. And its powers brought back Christianity to the Russian people...

Russian Orthodox leader Kirill..
33705.p.jpg

Saint Basil's Cathedral, Moscow... With crosses on the steeples...

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
E=mc2…
Mass (m) =Plasma (E/c2)…

I would not have the knowledge to reform the plasma to mass. I would be of no benefit to God on how the take space rock, turn it to plasma, and reform it to planets, and then create things like hummingbirds, kittens, pearl creating clams, and the like. My understanding is to merely confess the Lord Jesus, God as his Father, and the Holy Spirit as help.

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. - 1 Timothy 3:15

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In every Epistle they wrote! Where did the Holy Apostles said God was the Father alone.

And he will call out to me, ‘You are my Father, my God, and the Rock of my salvation.’
Psalm 89:26

“Don’t cling to me,” Jesus said, “for I haven’t yet ascended to the Father. But go find my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”
John 20:17

For us, there is one God, the Father
1 Corinthians 8:6

2 Corinthians 1:2

Ephesians 1:2

Philippians 1:2

May God our Father give you grace and peace.
Colossians 1:2

We are writing to the church in Thessalonica, to you who belong to God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
1 &
2 Thessalonians 1:1

May God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord give you grace, mercy, and peace.
1 &
2 Timothy 1:2

May God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior give you grace and peace.
Titus 1:4

Philemon 1:3

For God never said to any angel what he said to Jesus: “You are my Son. Today I have become your Father.”
God also said, “
I will be his Father, and he will be my Son.
Hebrews 1:5

Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring
James 1:27

God the Father knew you and chose you long ago, and his Spirit has made you holy.
1 Peter 1:2

when he received honor and glory from God the Father.

We proclaim ... our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ.
1 John 1:3 (NOTE: Again no reference to the HS)

Grace, mercy, and peace, which come from God the Father
2 John 1:3

He has made us a Kingdom of priests for God his Father.
Revelation 1:6

never says alone

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aside from a mans body, man has a soul and man has a spirit....

And a mans thoughts of his spirit have nothing to do with his mindful intellect.

spirit soul the same with intellect and will

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you claiming God did not speak to Jesus?

Why ask me what I said when you can quote me?
:rolleyes:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saying it does not make it true. The idea that the HS speaks to us, Jesus spoke to us but God (who is the Father alone) is incapable of speaking makes one wonder who it was that announced Jesus was his son, in which he was most pleased?

Words are an attribute of being, a WHAT not a WHO.

Of course god the Father can speak to us. Who gave you that cockamamie idea!

Sorry for the delay- I was 8 days in the hospital having heart surgery.

The Father announced jesus!

Matthew 3:17
And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Matthew 17:5
While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

the only people who can address a boy as son is mom or dad and we know Jesus has no heavenly mother!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It only says alone. The Father alone is identified with being God in every Epistle.

Playing word games shows you’ve lost the argument but don’t want to concede defeat.

Of course you are wrong as I have shown you in multiple verses that you refuse to give any plausible defense against( because you cannot)

Status
Not open for further replies.