The Other Sheep;

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
What are you talking about?
Are you half Christian and half Buddhist??

full Christian not false Christian like most Christians - via google see [the after life and Judaism] and also [early Christianity and reincarnation] - twinc

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
full Christian not false Christian like most Christians - via google see [the after life and Judaism] and also [early Christianity and reincarnation] - twinc
Oh my goodness.
Please don't tell me you're learning about Christianity from google!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Let's say you want to join some club or other.
You'd have to fill out an application.

Let's say you want to join the Kingdom of God here on earth.
You have to fill out an application
AND
follow all the rules.

See bb, no matter what you think or anybody here, the truth is the truth. If you read the NT very carefully, you'll find that not just anyone could join the Christian club -- you have to qualify and you have to follow the rules.

It's not up to me,
It's already been determined before the beginning of time how this would happen, what the rules would be, and the necessary requirements to join.
hmm, sounds like the diff in church and Church to me; think i'll pass :)

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
@twinc
BTW,
WHAT is a false Christian? (in your understanding)

1/ imho-a false Christian is anyone who imagines, accepts, insists he/she is indwelt, inspired, guided personally and individually by God or the Holy Spirit
2/ is anyone who imagines, accepts or insists they are infallible but Catholics are not
3/ is anyone who imagines, accepts or insists that the Pope is not infallible or inspired and guided by the Holy Spirit

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my goodness.
Please don't tell me you're learning about Christianity from google!

That's where many today get their understanding. "Professing to be wise they become fools". Their knowledge and understanding is limited to what they find on Google.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
hmm, sounds like the diff in church and Church to me; think i'll pass :)
No. I'm talking about the Church.
Jesus meant to set up a Kingdom, not a church.
Although that is also necessary, IMO.

The Kingdom on earth is the Church.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
That's where many today get their understanding. "Professing to be wise they become fools". Their knowledge and understanding is limited to what they find on Google.

in the light for all to see - rather then in hellish dark and devilish haunts and habitats and the doctrines of satanic and human devils - twinc

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
1/ imho-a false Christian is anyone who imagines, accepts, insists he/she is indwelt, inspired, guided personally and individually by God or the Holy Spirit
2/ is anyone who imagines, accepts or insists they are infallible but Catholics are not
3/ is anyone who imagines, accepts or insists that the Pope is not infallible or inspired and guided by the Holy Spirit
Are you Catholic? That's Christian.
My question to you still stands... are you slightly Buddhist?
Catholics DO NOT believe in re-incarnation -- not now and not at the beginning of the CC.

1. We, as children of God, are definitely inspired by God and helped by the Holy Spirit. Different folk have different ways of expressing this.
This is how Jesus expressed it:

John 16:7
But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you.

Acts 1:8a

8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you;

There's more: The Spirit will guide you into all truth, etc.

I agree with your no. 2
NO ONE is infallible.

Re the Pope. I have no comment. There are many changes taking place by this very Pope. I believe they are for the better although Catholics are rather upset. The traditional ones, anyway.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmm.
Maybe it went this way because you're wrong?

Richard is one of those individuals who is never ever wrong. He absolutely refuses to be corrected. Unless one is willing to agree with everything he says, it's pointless to engage in any type of conversation with him.

I believe he suffers from NPD, Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
That's a rather horrifying thought!
After all the books and lessons I've gone through and still know practically nothing...

Reactions: Job

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
in the light for all to see - rather then in hellish dark and devilish haunts and habitats and the doctrines of satanic and human devils - twinc
We here should all pray for you twinc.

Reactions: Job

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Riddles. Google is overflowing with them.

Do you have anymore?

Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Richard is one of those individuals who is never ever wrong. He absolutely refuses to be corrected. Unless one is willing to agree with everything he says, it's pointless to engage in any type of conversation with him.

I believe he suffers from NPD, Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
Maybe!
I was told by him that it's a waste of time talking to me.
Maybe because I trust theologians and my own understanding more than his!!

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe!
I was told by him that it's a waste of time talking to me.
Maybe because I trust theologians and my own understanding more than his!!

There is no understanding other than Richard's.

Just ask him...

Reactions: GodsGrace

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Twinc... You are losing me on this one. I have no desire to attack the Catholic faith (doctrines I will attack with fairness), nor personal beliefs, but it going to be hard here.

I have no problem with soneone saying they are personally guided by the HS. I don't think it happens as much as reported on Christian boards nor do I believe it will ever happen if it contradicts the Bible.

Number 2 and 3 seem contradictory to me. Am I infallible? I would never suggedt that except through His blood. If God calls me perfect I won't argue. But yea... Anyone including Cathics can claim that.

But then we get point 3... We can't say we are guided personally by the spirit and can't say we are infallible but we are false if we don't accept the Pope as such?

Really?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Twinc... You are losing me on this one. I have no desire to attack the Catholic faith (doctrines I will attack with fairness), nor personal beliefs, but it going to be hard here.

I have no problem with soneone saying they are personally guided by the HS. I don't think it happens as much as reported on Christian boards nor do I believe it will ever happen if it contradicts the Bible.

Number 2 and 3 seem contradictory to me. Am I infallible? I would never suggedt that except through His blood. If God calls me perfect I won't argue. But yea... Anyone including Cathics can claim that.

But then we get point 3... We can't say we are guided personally by the spirit and can't say we are infallible but we are false if we don't accept the Pope as such?

Really?
I truly wonder if this Pope even thinks he's infallible.
It seems to me he's changing doctrine while saying he's not changing it. I'm not Catholic, BTW, so no letters, please.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Are you Catholic? That's Christian.
My question to you still stands... are you slightly Buddhist?
Catholics DO NOT believe in re-incarnation -- not now and not at the beginning of the CC.

1. We, as children of God, are definitely inspired by God and helped by the Holy Spirit. Different folk have different ways of expressing this.
This is how Jesus expressed it:

John 16:7
But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you.

Acts 1:8a
8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you;

There's more: The Spirit will guide you into all truth, etc.

I agree with your no. 2
NO ONE is infallible.

Re the Pope. I have no comment. There are many changes taking place by this very Pope. I believe they are for the better although Catholics are rather upset. The traditional ones, anyway.

the last shall be first by a traditional Catholic - it is misunderstood by Catholics also that it is not really even the Pope but the Holy Spirit that is truly infallible and that most if not all Popes are fallible and even foolish except when truly inspired and guided - Acts 1:8a/Jn 16:7 are not addressed to us but to the Apostles and early disciples - as a Catholic I also do not believe in reincarnation for Christians - reincarnation was the only way seeking for a or the way until it found it in Jesus and the Resurrection and that is why as Jesus clearly stated but this has been misunderstood that all non Christians, like Nicodemus must be born again as Christians as the only way- twinc

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
the last shall be first by a traditional Catholic - it is misunderstood by Catholics also that it is not really even the Pope but the Holy Spirit that is truly infallible and that most if not all Popes are fallible and even foolish except when truly inspired and guided - Acts 1:8a/Jn 16:7 are not addressed to us but to the Apostles and early disciples - as a Catholic I also do not believe in reincarnation for Christians - reincarnation was the only way seeking for a or the way until it found it in Jesus and the Resurrection and that is why as Jesus clearly stated but this has been misunderstood that all non Christians, like Nicodemus must be born again as Christians as the only way- twinc
Catholics understand that the Pope is also fallible and able to make mistakes except when he's speaking ex-cathedra or as part of the magesterium.
But when is he NOT speaking as part of the magesterium? The pope is still the pope. Every word that comes out of his mouth is worth listening to.
Catholics claim no doctrine has been changed. Yet remarrieds are receiving communion, and worse---no need to get into this very complicated subject, although I'd be willing but this doesn't seem like the proper place for it.

Acts 1:8 is not addressed to us. Correct. But why did Jesus tell them to wait in Jerusalem? So the Holy Spirit could give them the power they needed to go and preach and teach and witness. Do we also not need this power? Yes. We do. So Jesus was also speaking to us. There are verses in the N.T. which DO refer ONLY to the Apostles, for instance when He gives them the power to heal or confess. We do not all of us have these powers. Otherwise, everything Jesus said is for everyone.

There are persons right here on this forum that believe NOTHING Jesus said pertains to us today because He had not gone to the cross yet. This is one of the most nonsensical things I've ever heard. Did He just waste His time for over 3 years???!!!

I still don't really understand your position on reincarnation. What does this mean?:

reincarnation was the only way seeking for a or the way until it found it in Jesus and the Resurrection

I think I now understand what you mean by others having to be born again as Chrisitians. OK. If you mean what I've understood then you're right.

All persons who want to be saved, live eternally with God, MUST be born again of the spirit of God. They must have the spirit of God to be with God. Is this what you mean? That would go for gentiles, Jews, "Christians" in name only, etc.