The Point Of Stephen's Speech?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

brakelite

If what you are claiming is true according to the SDA understanding of scripture, then from my understanding, which is dependent only on what is recorded is the scriptures, then there is an error of around 250 years between when the fourth beast receives it head wound, and when, IMHO the five mentioned beasts/wicked heavenly hosts, of Daniel 7, are judged as recorded in Daniel 7. There are other errors in the SDA understanding that have resulted from poor choices of interpretation and understanding.
I don't believe then you have studied SDA eschatology closely enough. I have just offered a very limited overview of one small section of prophecy. I would be happy to send a PDF which goes into great detail of Daniel 7 giving every nuance and explanation of why our historicist hermeneutic makes sense.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Please note that in my post #78 above I had made a formatting error which unfortunately meant that the software for this forum, did not present my post in the form that I had intended it to formatted. I have since gone back and corrected the coding to fix my error in my previous post #78.

Shalom

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't believe then you have studied SDA eschatology closely enough. I have just offered a very limited overview of one small section of prophecy. I would be happy to send a PDF which goes into great detail of Daniel 7 giving every nuance and explanation of why our historicist hermeneutic makes sense.

Please forward your PDF file to my message account on this forum, if you want to keep it private.

However, it would be just as easy for your to attach the file to your next post, so that all can read the SDA position and form their own opinion of your/the SDA position on the end times Prophecies.

Shalom

B

brakelite

Please forward your PDF file to my message account on this forum, if you want to keep it private.

However, it would be just as easy for your to attach the file to your next post, so that all can read the SDA position and form their own opinion of your/the SDA position on the end times Prophecies.

Shalom
Fine. It isn't short, but certainly comprehensive. Now is it mine. The authors are two pastors, Fresno Church.

Attachments

• notesondanielseven.pdf
    890.2 KB · Views: 0

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Fine. It isn't short, but certainly comprehensive. Now is it mine. The authors are two pastors, Fresno Church.

Thanks, for attaching the PDF file of the SDA understanding of ET prophecy. In the attached file, it presents a particular view which is reflective of the SDA position.

However, my sense is that the full understanding of Daniel 2 and 7 is not provided, although it hints at an understanding that I have already reached from just reading the scriptures without relying on the traditions of past writers on these chapters and how they link the two chapters together.

It is my view that the third beast did not come into view until after the death of Alexandra the Great and although the third beast has Hellenistic characteristics, its dominant character is one of physical power, which the manifestations of this beast exercise over other people groups, kingdoms and empires and the manifestations of this beast can be seen exhibited in different people groups, kingdoms and empires through the ages since around 250 BC as the influence of this "beast" has ebbed and flowed through these various people groups, kingdoms and empires. This beast has manifested itself at different times in the history of the world.

In the Daniel 2 statue prophecy, Jeremiah tells us that there will be a period of a little over 2,000 years when the kingdom of Babylon will be left dormant, devastated and desolate before it is remembered once more so that the wrath of God can fall on it during the end times.

Similarly, there is a gap in the telling of the story about the beasts in Daniel 7 before verse 19 that the Apostle John tells us about.

Paul also tells us that the beasts are wicked fallen heavenly hosts and that we should resist their respective influences over people's lives.

To me, it seems that we hold to very different views and understandings of the significance of many of the ET prophecies.

For example the Roman Empire is, IMHO, a manifestation of one of the four heads of the Third beast with each head having influences over different people groups, kingdoms and empires such that when the four heads manifest around the same time, that they tend to go to war against each other as Daniel described in chapter 11.

Now you have been given the liberty to believe whatever you want based on whatever interpretation you want to have or make of scripture, but I am very comfortable with my understanding of how the Biblical prophecies dovetail together to form a descriptive narrative of our history right up and until the end of the Age of the ages. The narrative that you present, does not in my humble opinion, adequately explain God's prophecies to us and how they are to unfold.

Sadly, many people, who have become delusional about their understanding of God's End times story and how it will play out, have drawn people to their beliefs and convictions and have lead many people astray from a right understanding of God and His purposes. This delusion can be found in mainstream denominational churches as well as in splitter sects and cults.

Now the weight of the written material on the subject of the End Time is a heavy mill stone that many carry to the detriment of their relationship with Christ and the Lord.

Be that as it may be, you can chose what it is that you want to believe, in the hope that you have God's understanding on all things.

Shalom