The problem with Christian forums...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nathaniel80

Jul 20, 2007
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So called, Christian forums are an incubator for judgment and condemnation. The exact opposition to salvation, revelation, and edification. Who is righteous according to the law that they may wield that two-edged sword? Who understood His Word when it was given (either the law or the ministry of Grace)? "...For had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory."

Our so called righteousness by works crucified Christ in innocence, utterly defiling the law! If we were righteous by our own doings then we would not have needed the Word to enlighten us, or the Son of God to be saved. And if it is by a sacrifice of His righteousness that we are "justified by His blood," then surely we are saved "not of works, lest any man should boast."

And how is it the only One righteous by the law, (Our Forerunner and Example) uses not this supremacy to condemn all others, but to save all?

"I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain." "Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus."

"Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus; Who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses was faithful in all his house. For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath builded the house hath more honour than the house. For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God. And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after; But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end. Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness: When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years. Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways. So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.) Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end; While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation."

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
To day if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your hearts
While I did wonder at first, what you hope to accomplish here, I did fully read what you wrote, and I must say that for the most part I do agree with you....But you fail to see, that among the 'weeds', there is honest to goodness 'wheat', and the ones who are like that are always a blessing...sometimes they help us seek the Lord on something, other times they are gracious enough to receive something you write...But best of all, at times you get confirmation of the Word you have received from the Holy Spirit......It may take you some time, but I am certain you will find believing believers here, among the others.....:)

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While I did wonder at first, what you hope to accomplish here, I did fully read what you wrote, and I must say that for the most part I do agree with you....But you fail to see, that among the 'weeds', there is honest to goodness 'wheat', and the ones who are like that are always a blessing...sometimes they help us seek the Lord on something, other times they are gracious enough to receive something you write...But best of all, at times you get confirmation of the Word you have received from the Holy Spirit......It may take you some time, but I am certain you will find believing believers here, among the others.....

the OP was quoting scripture so if you disagree with :

"I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain." "Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus."

"Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus; Who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses was faithful in all his house. For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath builded the house hath more honour than the house. For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God. And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after; But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end. Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness: When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years. Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways. So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.) Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end; While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation."

you disagree with scripture

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So called, Christian forums are an incubator for judgment and condemnation. The exact opposition to salvation, revelation, and edification. Who is righteous according to the law that they may wield that two-edged sword? Who understood His Word when it was given (either the law or the ministry of Grace)? "...For had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory."

Our so called righteousness by works crucified Christ in innocence, utterly defiling the law! If we were righteous by our own doings then we would not have needed the Word to enlighten us, or the Son of God to be saved. And if it is by a sacrifice of His righteousness that we are "justified by His blood," then surely we are saved "not of works, lest any man should boast."

And how is it the only One righteous by the law, (Our Forerunner and Example) uses not this supremacy to condemn all others, but to save all?

Hi Nat, like your thread
Keep it up

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PicsArt_03-21-10.07.29-792x1408.jpg

You could have at least said hello friends or something!

What I discern here is the same old "spiritual chip" on your shoulder, daring anyone to knock it off. I wonder what made you so...

I instantly say that I have compassion for you. Showing up with an ax at a peace fest is at the least poor manners. From whence springs your anger? It's like going to a party and telling everyone that it's the worst party you've ever been to and you disagree with everyone that you disagree with them even though you have NO idea what they believe.

1. What made you mad?
2. Repeating grace, why are you here?
3. Now for the biggest one of all... Have you never experienced peace at all? It's a hard life trying to convince those with peace that strife is superior.

1 Timothy 6:4-5 KJVS
He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings, [5] Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

I withdraw...

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and aspen

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, Frankie, I don't believe I've ever said anything negative against you
I always thought you to be one of the good guys
But you have no problem saying something against me, and very judgmental at that
I won't say anymore, I'll just let you ponder that.

Reactions: Frank Lee

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
the OP was quoting scripture so if you disagree with :

you disagree with scripture

Pia didn't say she disagreed with scripture though, so you are barking up the wrong tree.

First we must make the assumption that forums are incubators for judgment and condemnation, and it must also be more the case than other places where people gather. Because I see the arguments here, and while people are not supposed to condemn others you know it happens. I would consider it worldly behavior indicative of human nature, per 1 Corinthians 3:3. This is also the kind of behavior you will find in churches. It is the same reasoning some people use to foresake all fellowship.

I think this is a dangerous move for a believer, to forsake all fellowship. But nether do I think fellowship is adequate in an anonymous setting like a Forum.

So I agree with Pia's approach, take the good leave the bad.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pia didn't say she disagreed with scripture though, so you are barking up the wrong tree.

First we must make the assumption that forums are incubators for judgment and condemnation, and it must also be more the case than other places where people gather. Because I see the arguments here, and while people are not supposed to condemn others you know it happens. I would consider it worldly behavior indicative of human nature, per 1 Corinthians 3:3. This is also the kind of behavior you will find in churches. It is the same reasoning some people use to foresake all fellowship.

I think this is a dangerous move for a believer, to forsake all fellowship. But nether do I think fellowship is adequate in an anonymous setting like a Forum.

So I agree with Pia's approach, take the good leave the bad.

well make sure you continue the competition for likes as many do on "face book" as do here, and like pia's post.

anyway

on forums like this, that's the way it is, open to general public is just that, you are going to get a slue, as you have seen, of people for what ever reason pretend to be adults pretend to be Christian some are predators many are socialites looking to hookup with someone and have no real interest in the Lord or anything about the Lord. no interest in edification and affirmation in the things of the Lord. oh edification of feel goods and self esteem yea plenty of that, that's Christianity to many here.

so if you call, calling them out, judging people so be it. churches require decrement and testing of Spirit hence of what Spirit, and being the winner of the "likes" competition proves nothing.

the whiner's "you're judging me" is a claim of victimization which in todays world makes one look righteous to others, in this context of this thread, even if you are the devil himself. only "likes" count for something here.

oh yea it seemed apparent that pia wasn't aware that what the OP posted was scripture, and there fore had some disagreement with the OP. shouldn't pia be made aware that the OP was mostly scripture in case pia wasn't aware? what did you say was judgmental?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I disagree with all of it.
I refuse to be influenced by people like him.
well then just take him out of the imagined equation imo, i doubt he is the first person to contemplate "i'd rather have questions than answers" anyway, he just got the credit for the quote

i mean are you really saying that you prefer answers that cannot be questioned?

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well then just take him out of the imagined equation imo, i doubt he is the first person to contemplate "i'd rather have questions than answers" anyway, he just got the credit for the quote

i mean are you really saying that you prefer answers that cannot be questioned?
First of all, you are putting words in my mouth.
That's a no no.
Secondly, who cares about the stupid quote?
Do you feel special in some way because you put it up there?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
well make sure you continue the competition for likes as many do on "face book" as do here, and like pia's post.

anyway

on forums like this, that's the way it is, open to general public is just that, you are going to get a slue, as you have seen, of people for what ever reason pretend to be adults pretend to be Christian some are predators many are socialites looking to hookup with someone and have no real interest in the Lord or anything about the Lord. no interest in edification and affirmation in the things of the Lord. oh edification of feel goods and self esteem yea plenty of that, that's Christianity to many here.

so if you call, calling them out, judging people so be it. churches require decrement and testing of Spirit hence of what Spirit, and being the winner of the "likes" competition proves nothing.

the whiner's "you're judging me" is a claim of victimization which in todays world makes one look righteous to others, in this context of this thread, even if you are the devil himself. only "likes" count for something here.

oh yea it seemed apparent that pia wasn't aware that what the OP posted was scripture, and there fore had some disagreement with the OP. shouldn't pia be made aware that the OP was mostly scripture in case pia wasn't aware? what did you say was judgmental?

If only there was a dislike button, then we would see how unpopular my posts really are. But it would hurt peoples feelings so I doubt the owner will put it in.

I assumed Pia didn't make the connection to the quoted scriptures, as I did not. Then she started talking about experiences on the forum, not commentary on the quoted scriptures.