The problem with the Bible alone!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You likely aren't even aware of your own arrogance and pride, even as it is on full display for all to see.
Sooooo, let me get this straight -
YOU
erroneously refer to the Catholic Church as the "Roman" Church - and I'm "arrogant" for pointing that out??

Are you on something??

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sooooo, let me get this straight -
YOU
erroneously refer to the Catholic Church as the "Roman" Church - and I'm "arrogant" for pointing that out??

Are you on something??
Are you a member of the same Roman catholic church as the vicar of Rome? The same Roman catholic church that the vicar of Rome refuses to purge of pedophile and homosexual priests? The same Roman catholic church that denies there is only one mediator between God and men? I could go on, but it's no different than speaking to JW's and SDA's and LDS's who all believe they are the exclusive church.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
they are servants
They are slaves to their institution while they openly disobey God. They faithfully obey "mother" while trampling upon the truth and the revelations of Father. They boast of their faithfulness to defend "mother", all the while murdering and persecuting those who defend the Father.
"In vain do they worship Me, teaching as doctrine the precepts of men".

Reactions: Nancy

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem with the “Bible alone”!

and why we can simply ignor creeds, councils, dogma, and decrees of the holy apostles teaching infallibility with the authority of Christ!

DISAGREE -
* A FALSE Claim and Projection.
* OP, has Falsely claimed...Reliance ONLY on the Written Word of God...
IS EXPRESSLY...FOR A MEANS:

TO IGNORE...
:rolleyes:

Creeds
Councils
Dogma

Decrees of Apostles Teaching!!!!

UTTER NONSENSE!!!

The Written Word of God...
IS EXPRESSLY...FOR A MEANS

TO VERIFY...
:cool:

ANY ACTS OF ANY MAN IS ACCORDING TO THE WORD OF GOD OR NOT!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t have an issue with scripture
I have issues with the doctrine the “Bible alone”

Your COMPLAINING ISSUE is Documented.

What is NOT DOCUMENTED is:
So, a group of men gather...have a council, discuss, decide this decree, that decree, this dogma, that dogma....
SHALL BE declared and TAUGHT.

DO YOU, simply say, okie dokie, and do what they say?

OR DO YOU VERIFY WHAT they DECIDE and TEACH IS ACCORDING TO Gods Word?

TWO SIMPLE yes or no QUESTIONS...
CAN YOU answer...WHAT YOU DO, Honestly?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a relief!
I belong to the Catholic Church.

NOT even sure what the "Roman" Church is . . .

Funny. The Roman Catholic Church...is the Church your Catholic Church PROTESTED AGAINST, and Split off From....but KEPT the CATHOLIC "name"...projecting a False unity.

That Be SO Funny, since you endlessly bad mouth, men who PROTESTED AGAINST the Roman Catholic Church...and Split off From...
Even to the Point of ... dropping the Catholic "name"... expressly and honestly revealing NOT unified.

:p

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are slaves to their institution while they openly disobey God. They faithfully obey "mother" while trampling upon the truth and the revelations of Father. They boast of their faithfulness to defend "mother", all the while murdering and persecuting those who defend the Father.
"In vain do they worship Me, teaching as doctrine the precepts of men".

Agree.
Their allegience is to:
" their man elected holy father"....

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wrong wrong wrong

the apostles did the teaching the seven to distribute the goods

the apostles have authority as laying on of hands indicates

Bd we still have apostles
The successors of Peter and the apostles

Matt 29:19 behold I am with you (the apostles) until the end! Do the apostles must remain to the end
The nations still need to be taught the disciples baptized
No apostles no salvation
The great commission to the apostles is to the entire world and all ages so the apostles continue!

really it this

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 mph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

If we still had apostles, like you said they would still have the same mission, power, and authority, you basically answered your own question. While it would be nice to have them, the closest we have is the faithful slave, and while they do an excellent job of feeding us spiritually, they certainly cannot cure our sicknesses, nor raise us from the dead. The great news is that soon the Kingdom is coming, it is already established in the heavens, then to the greatest degree you will see the powers they had on a grand scale. Pray for that Kingdom to come is what we can do now.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sooooo, are you saying that you LIED in post #148 when you said it's "Me , ITS JESUS and THE BIBLE and ANYONE ELSE who wants to gather in HIS name ."??

Are you "vacating" because I exposed you?
and anyone else who wants to gather in His name . that would include true leaders . I said ME , JESUS and the BIBLE and whoever else
gathers in His name .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you a member of the same Roman catholic church as the vicar of Rome? The same Roman catholic church that the vicar of Rome refuses to purge of pedophile and homosexual priests? The same Roman catholic church that denies there is only one mediator between God and men? I could go on, but it's no different than speaking to JW's and SDA's and LDS's who all believe they are the exclusive church.
Nope.
I belong to the Catholic Church, of which the Bishop of Rome is Christ's earthly representative (Matt. 16:18-19, Luke 22:31-32, John 21:15-19). Not sure what the "Roman" Church or Roman Catholic Church is.

Besides - MY Church doesn't "deny" what Paul wrote in 1 Tim. 2:5.
We simply understand what it actually means in CONTEXT - whereas YOU don't.

And, while we're on the subject of perverts in the ministry - why don't you clean up your OWN back yard before you point fingers . . .
Protestants can no longer dismiss abuse as a ‘Catholic problem’

Child Sex Abuse More Prevalent Among Protestants Than Among Catholics

There Is More Sexual Abuse In The Protestant Churches Than Catholic

Catholic priests no guiltier of sex abuse than other clergy

Data Shed Light on Child Sexual Abuse by Protestant Clergy

Denial About Sexual Abuse In Evangelical Churches

U.S. Protestants’ Views Mixed about Extent of Clergy Sexual Abuse

Confronting Evangelical Enabling of Sexual Abuse

Child abuse a Calvinist problem, podcast says

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and anyone else who wants to gather in His name . that would include true leaders . I said ME , JESUS and the BIBLE and whoever else
gathers in His name .
And as I stated before - a disjointed gaggle of people is NOT the Biblical definition of what Christ's Church is.

So, tell me - WHICH one of the tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering factio0ns of Protestantism that ALL teach different doctrines is the "True Church"?
They can't ALL be - especially when they differ in as many essential doctrines.

I'll wait right here for your answer . . .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mindless question. Claim the title, show the power. Simple.

For Scriptural support see Elisha showing more power than Elijah.

neither were apostles

Christ established the apostles as office with three fold function

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

not healing etc.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry spell checker error

only in the church and thru the sacraments

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope.
I belong to the Catholic Church, of which the Bishop of Rome is Christ's earthly representative (Matt. 16:18-19, Luke 22:31-32, John 21:15-19). Not sure what the "Roman" Church or Roman Catholic Church is.

Besides - MY Church doesn't "deny" what Paul wrote in 1 Tim. 2:5.
We simply understand what it actually means in CONTEXT - whereas YOU don't.

And, while we're on the subject of perverts in the ministry - why don't you clean up your OWN back yard before you point fingers . . .
Protestants can no longer dismiss abuse as a ‘Catholic problem’

Child Sex Abuse More Prevalent Among Protestants Than Among Catholics

There Is More Sexual Abuse In The Protestant Churches Than Catholic

Catholic priests no guiltier of sex abuse than other clergy

Data Shed Light on Child Sexual Abuse by Protestant Clergy

Denial About Sexual Abuse In Evangelical Churches

U.S. Protestants’ Views Mixed about Extent of Clergy Sexual Abuse

Confronting Evangelical Enabling of Sexual Abuse

Child abuse a Calvinist problem, podcast says

I think I understand how shameful it must be for you to admit you are a member of the Roman catholic church knowing its history of pedophilia, rampant homosexuality, complicity with hitlers regime, murders of hundreds of thousands who spoke out against it, murderous crusades, murderous inquisition, and on and on...

You assume too much: I'm not a protestant.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny. The Roman Catholic Church...is the Church your Catholic Church PROTESTED AGAINST, and Split off From....but KEPT the CATHOLIC "name"...projecting a False unity.

That Be SO Funny, since you endlessly bad mouth, men who PROTESTED AGAINST the Roman Catholic Church...and Split off From...
Even to the Point of ... dropping the Catholic "name"... expressly and honestly revealing NOT unified.
Really?

Ummmm, what year did this "Revolt" happen?
WHO led this "Rebellion"?
WHERE
is this "Catholic Church" now??

Names, years
and Documents, please . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I understand how shameful it must be for you to admit you are a member of the Roman catholic church knowing its history of pedophilia, rampant homosexuality, complicity with hitlers regime, murders of hundreds of thousands who spoke out against it, murderous crusades, murderous inquisition, and on and on...

You assume too much: I'm not a protestant.
Then what faith tradition are you?
OR, are you going to keep this a "secret" like every other cowardly anti-Catholic?

Are you a non-Catholic, non-Orthodox Christian?

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then what faith tradition are you?
OR, are you going to keep this a "secret" like every other cowardly anti-Catholic?

Are you a non-Catholic, non-Orthodox Christian?
Tell me, what denomination was Jesus Christ? It is Jesus whom I follow, not a man whose ring its followers must kiss.

Reactions: amigo de christo
Status
Not open for further replies.