The problem with the thousand years?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nothing mysterious about Scripture to you, interesting.
Cryptic = Secret/Occult

Nothing cryptic about the scripture as you claim, Jesus said nothing in secret, let alone being occultic

John 18:20KJV
20 Jesus answered him, I spake openly to the world; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the temple, whither the Jews always resort; and in secret have I said nothing.

Merriam-Webster
Definition of cryptic

1: SECRET, OCCULT
2a: having or seeming to have a hidden or ambiguous meaning : MYSTERIOUS

Reactions: Waiting on him

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ya, i'd be much more interested if the math did not work, than if it did...but how to verify Methuselah's age @ Noach's birth? I'd be interested in how you got to 352, if you can recall or access that :)
I believe I used the genealogy from Luke 3 which covers all the lineage from Adam to Jesus. I used a guessed number for all generation differences to set the number of years between people spaces from Adam to Methuselah. Then as I went through genealogies in OT and found actual ages I began to correcting. There were too many missing numbers for any many ages listed in my chart to be trusted as more than a guess [educated?] So the 352 really had no basis in fact. It was the number in place when I stopped working on the chart. Eventually presuming that Methuselah died at time of the flood, it would have probably been changed to 369 [969 age of M minus 600 age of N] unless I found some better figures somewhere. Forget the 352. I should not have even mentioned it here.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jeremiah 4:27-31 KJV
[27] For thus hath the Lord said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end. [28] For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black: because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it. [29] The whole city shall flee for the noise of the horsemen and bowmen; they shall go into thickets, and climb up upon the rocks: every city shall be forsaken, and not a man dwell therein. [30] And when thou art spoiled, what wilt thou do? Though thou clothest thyself with crimson, though thou deckest thee with ornaments of gold, though thou rentest thy face with painting, in vain shalt thou make thyself fair; thy lovers will despise thee, they will seek thy life. [31] For I have heard a voice as of a woman in travail, and the anguish as of her that bringeth forth her first child, the voice of the daughter of Zion, that bewaileth herself, that spreadeth her hands, saying, Woe is me now! for my soul is wearied because of murderers.
True, the remnant Jew will be saved and added to the Church, not all Jews will be saved

This earth will be dissolved by the Lords fire this return, as the new heaven, earth, Jerusalem are revealed

Last edited:

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Marty the very thing you have denounced, is what you follow, a double minded man is unstable in all his ways, James 1:8

You denounce the historical church fathers in dating the revelation in post #257, then in the same breath you look to history in the maccabeean revolt and Antiochus Epiphanies for your truth, isnt that considered a double standard?

No need to look at mans history, the bad guy is on this earth to the Consummation or (The Ultimate End) causing abomination and desolation, a future event unfulfilled, Riddlebarger and Gentry are teaching in error, just as Darby, Scofield, Lindsey, and the rest of Dispensationalism's teachers

Marty you wont receive or believe this truth before your eyes, why?

The bad guy below that causes Daniel's AOD seen in Matthew 24:15 will be present on earth to the (Consummation) or (The Ultimate End)

Scripture clearly teaches that the event is future, and didnt take place in 66-70AD in the Roman destruction of Jerusalem, as Preterism claims

Merriam-Webster
Definition of consummation

1: the act of consummating the consummation of a contract by mutual signaturespecifically : the consummating of a marriage
2: the ultimate end : FINISH

Daniel 9:27KJV
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Matthew 24:15KJV
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand: )

This is what I believe

Daniel spoke of a future to his time AOD and Antiochus fulfilled it

Jesus prophesied of a future to his time AOD and the Romans fulfilled it

Revelation is the revelation of Jesus as in who He is and what He did. He is God and He ushered in the new covenant.

Revelation is a transition from the old covenant age to the new covenant age from the earthly Jerusalem to the heavenly Jerusalem.

That is the purpose of revelation it’s what Jesus did and the ultimate ending of the bible.

If revelation was written after the destruction of Jerusalem don’t you think that the bible would mention it as it was Jesus prediction with a date to it ? Especially since the New Testament is full of Jesus fulfilled prophecies

Last edited:

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your scriptures are proving my point that all who have the mark will perish.

John 3:16 for example says that anyone who believes in Jesus will be saved. It doesn’t say anyone who believes in Jesus will be saved unless they have the mark. Thus a literal mark can’t be or else scripture would contradict itself.

If God would forgive Paul who persecuted the church then wouldn’t God forgive someone who repents of receiving the mark?

Of course He would because its the nature of Gods heart. Thus the mark can’t be literal but a symbolic mark of unrepentant devotion to the beast.
The point about the mark is that it is after the 7th Seal. It is physical and it physically removes one's name from the Lamb's book of life.

"And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world."

This is prior to receiving the mark.

"And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name."

"And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image."

The mark is permanent and physical.

We see again what happens to those who recieve the wrath of God:

"And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire. And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory."

No one is repenting.

"And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds."

Not only do these face Jesus Christ at Armageddon. 1000 years later they stand at the GWT, and are cast into the lake of fire.

"For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty."

"And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, King Of Kings, And Lord Of Lords. And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God; That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great. And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army."

"And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh."

"But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished."

"And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works."

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have been shown several times,satan is bound from only one specific purpose, deceiving the nations to the final battle

Satan isnt bound from evil in this world presently, nor in the future, simple,clear, easy to understand
Not asking for a reason why.

Is the mark during when Satan is bound or loosed?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it’s future then how come there’s is no mention of a desecrated temple in revelation?
"And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven. And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations."

This is even before an image, the AoD is even set up.

"And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed."

Since they were given 42 months to control the nations, where else but from Jerusalem and a tabernacle, and a throne would they blaspheme?

Christ has a throne in Jerusalem: Matthew 25:31-32

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:"

Where else but to Jerusalem would Christ come? How can those in Revelation 13 sit before Christ has already sat?

"And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other."

How many times will Christ come with His angels and sit on a throne in a tabernacle/temple? And even with a Trumpet of God?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is one time of the future resurrection of "All" that have lived, this takes place at the second coming
See, no recognition of the order Paul gave. You did not even try to interpret it as normal. Thank you. Just cut to the chase. It is much easier.

Are you claiming all are still in Abraham's bosom, or now just naked souls not enjoying all the wonderful splendor of Paradise. How do those five God given senses work? Or are those just Satan imagined carnel experiences?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 25:23 KJV
[23] And the Lord said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger.
Israel, not Isaac. Never said Israel was not a nation. Still looking at Israel as many nations.

Abraham has had many historical nations, still not Israel. So saved you the next post about Abraham.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what I believe

Daniel spoke of a future to his time AOD and Antiochus fulfilled it

Jesus prophesied of a future to his time AOD and the Romans fulfilled it

Revelation is the revelation of Jesus as in who He is and what He did. He is God and He ushered in the new covenant.

Revelation is a transition from the old covenant age to the new covenant age from the earthly Jerusalem to the heavenly Jerusalem.

That is the purpose of revelation it’s what Jesus did and the ultimate ending of the bible.

If revelation was written after the destruction of Jerusalem don’t you think that the bible would mention it as it was Jesus prediction with a date to it ? Especially since the New Testament is full of Jesus fulfilled prophecies
it appears to be the commentary of Riddlebarger and Gentry

As you have been shown, Daniel 9:27 is future, Just as Matthew 24:15 is speaking of the same event and not 70AD as you suggest, as Daniel 9:27 cleaely states, the bad guy will be present on earth causing abomination and desolation until the consummation (The End) and your claim of Antiochus Epiphanies ot 70AD didnt fulfill this evil figure

You take the literal second coming in Matthew 24:30 and turn it into a symbolic judgement upon Israel, you remove this literal event, to force your 70AD fulfillment

Revelation is just that, in telling of future end time events, including the two Witnesses, the Beast, plagues, second coming and final judgement, much of which you erase through symbolic allegory

There was no date given by Jesus to the destruction of Jerusalem as you claim, nothing more than mans opinion

Preterism and its teachings is a rubber ruler, if it dosent fit 70AD fulfillment, remove it through symbolic allegory and man's history books

Last edited:

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
denounce the historical church fathers in dating the revelation in post #257, then in the same breath you look to history in the maccabeean revolt and Antiochus Epiphanies for your truth, isnt that considered a double standard?
No.

Having a double standard is not necessarily double minded. Having no standard is double minded, or unsound. One is constantly changing one's mind.

One cannot serve two Masters or be double yoked to two different carts. That is being double minded. Having two differing opinions or interpretations can be annoying to other posters, but not necessarily double minded. Just not settled in one's mind.

I have noticed that most posters agree on some minor point with the rest, but disagree, and sometimes vehemently, on other likewise minor points with every one else. So all cannot be equally double minded. It does seem no one is 100% like minded.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Merriam-Webster
Definition of consummation

1: the act of consummating the consummation of a contract by mutual signaturespecifically : the consummating of a marriage
2: the ultimate end : FINISH

When does Jesus offer up a perfect without blemish kingdom? Why do you reject Christ does it on earth?

Where in Scripture does Christ remotely do it from heaven?

Was the first coming just as remotely done?

Why was the first one physically present on earth as Messiah, but you reject the Prince part just as physically done on earth?

Is that not a double standard?

You raise all these phony excuses and even take verses way out of context. Verses that are true in context, but only words out of context. The Day of the Lord is a kingdom on earth. This is the kingdom that needs to be subjected and consummated. Not the church, which was accomplished on the Cross.

Someone has raised the point on some forum that the church is the body of Christ but physical Israel is the bride. The consummation being the 1000 year Day with the Lord. Notice that the verse does not say "time to the Lord", but a Day with the Lord. It takes a separate entity to be "with the Lord". The Lord is not "with Himself".

The other issue is the Lord is every where. Adonai the Lord God is ever present. So the differentiating aspect is on earth or in heaven. Since time is more meaningless to God, the Day would be the time in Paradise like God, rather than on earth with Jesus Christ. Yet we still see the Day of the Lord is timeless to God, but is 1000 years in man's perspective. I still cannot see why many reject the full aspect of the equation and deny the Holy Millennium God has planned for the consummation that happens after the Second Coming. A physical consummation equal to the spiritual consummation that is timeless in Paradise.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My point was simply that on some things both the literal and symbolic may be both there in one events in the scriptures.

For example in reading the OT we can sometimes understand the story of men actually living the events described and how their experiences with God or without Him affected them. But... then in the same story often [always?] there may be an underlying message for you or me from God.

My way of approaching the scripture things has changed over the years toward more trying to focus on where the Spirit leads me at the moment. Is that different than where my mind sometimes wants to go? I believe it is so for most believers.

Until our mind on everything is equal to His mind, we are still in a measure double-minded. When we switch over to the carnal way even for a moment, we are in trouble. Some may deny that, but I have yet to see a person who is not at times, in a measure, double-minded, but as long as I am ever doing the same thing how can I be sure that my vision of a person seen was accurate?

Any true believer, I believe, at times is single minded in purpose and action with God, but how many stay always on the Lord's side in every moment of every day? Who is never ever quenching the Spirit of God in himself and effectively for a moment or longer pursuing his own way instead of God's?

Consider the promises to natural Israel, the physical people described in much of the OT and how many of the content of those same promises has some application to the Church in the NT or now?

I haver never specifically studied the 1,000 years, but I have noticed in passing on other subjects or in simply reading the Bible what I mentioned in my previous posts. No physical man has lived 1,000 years... Do you not believe that it could relate to the 1,000 years mentioned in your discussion from in the Book of Revelation?
I also see double fulfilments in some prophecy. For example, the letters to the seven churches. They were certainly applicable to localized literal churches in Asia minor in the first century. However, they can also find application to church eras from the first century to today, which is a historical timeline to the second coming.
And yes, there are many warnings and encouragements that were given direct to Israel as a nation, yet speak directly to not only the church of today, but to individuals as well. Isaiah 58 is a beautiful example of that.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
"And Noah was six hundred years old when the flood of waters was upon the earth."

782 years after Lamech was born, Methuselah died.

Noah was born when Lamech was 182 years old.

782 - 182 = 600. 600 years after Noah was born was the Flood.

600 years after Noah was born, Methuselah died.
I believe I used the genealogy from Luke 3 which covers all the lineage from Adam to Jesus. I used a guessed number for all generation differences to set the number of years between people spaces from Adam to Methuselah. Then as I went through genealogies in OT and found actual ages I began to correcting. There were too many missing numbers for any many ages listed in my chart to be trusted as more than a guess [educated?] So the 352 really had no basis in fact. It was the number in place when I stopped working on the chart. Eventually presuming that Methuselah died at time of the flood, it would have probably been changed to 369 [969 age of M minus 600 age of N] unless I found some better figures somewhere. Forget the 352. I should not have even mentioned it here.
i vaguely recall some argument for Methuselah's death being later than Tim's timeline there, but i dont recall anything coming of it, and it's too far back for me to remember right...
M dying the same year as the flood, seems like more than a coincidence though, huh?

Reactions: amadeus

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
i vaguely recall some argument for Methuselah's death being later than Tim's timeline there, but i dont recall anything coming of it, and it's too far back for me to remember right...
M dying the same year as the flood, seems like more than a coincidence though, huh?
Hi Mark. There's an idea that the flood is a type of the second coming, that the fit and able will be chosen to go through the final plagues etc but remain protected as was Noah, while the elderly and the inform will be taken to their rest beforehand as was Noah's immediate predecessors. It wouldn't have been an easy time even though they were in a large boat... Storms are never easy. And it won't be easy in the coming crisis either... God is merciful.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No what I said was did Jesus Jesus save us physically or spiritually with His spiritual death?

He saved us spiritually as will will never spiritually die but our bodies will physically die
The Cross was not spiritual any more than it was physical.

Claiming a spiritual death is pointless and useless without the physical aspect. If there ever was a point that God could die, it was on the Cross. Saying God spiritually died is no different than God physically died. You cannot split that moment into different fragments. It either happened or it did not happen. No half way endeavor.

It may not be provable, yet it seems implied that the Trinity is just an equal spiritual and physical manifestation of GOD into this creation. Outside of creation there is not physical nor spiritual GOD. GOD just is a being without a spiritual nor physical attribute, but inside of Creation GOD is the full Trinity. That is not being disrespectful, but idealistic.

More idealistic than many claiming there was life created before Genesis 1:1.

There is no indication at all of life before Genesis 1:1.

So splitting up the Cross into spiritual or physical, before Creation or in 30AD is pointless to me. To GOD it all happened at the same time outside of creation.

Now if someone wants to claim this is a NHNE and the angels are equal to the church in a prior reality, why would sin be the reason for this reality, when sin really has nothing to do with the next reality? Nothing about God screams second chance. Those fallen angels are not given a second chance. Satan has not been given a second chance, not that he wants one. He is still insane about wanting that first promotion from being an angel to being GOD. The only one's offered a second chance would be those currently in sheol. Most would claim heresy at that notion.

Even salvation is not a second chance. We start out in the womb dead. The only thing we can do is stay the same, do nothing or trust God. But all chances are seemingly lost if we land in sheol. We are not given a second chance, but a first chance to accept God.

Until you are in a permanent incorruptible body like Adam was created with, you cannot claim literal physical death. You have yet to claim a literal permanent incorruptible body. So saying the soul leaves this body is death, is literally wrong. The soul is leaving death for either eternal death or eternal life. No logical, practical, or meaningful alternate explanation.

You cannot separate the physical and spiritual from God. You cannot claim life either physically or spiritually.

This dead body returns to dust. It is not the permanent incorruptible body made by God.

In Adam all are physically dead. Adam physically died the second he disobeyed God. No getting around that fact. Yes he was given a physical corruptible body, but still a dead corruptible physical body. We are in Adam's image/flesh and blood of death.

Can an incorruptible body "die"? Yes, it can be taken away as fast as it can be given. I would not say it "dies", but ceases to exist, as it is no longer compatible with a soul that is in rebellion to God. No such thing as incorruptible bodies walking around looking for souls to possess them.

That would cover the physical side. I would point out that we are dead to our spirit, but it is not dead, but alive and in the presence of God. If one cannot grasp the physical, one surely would fail at the spiritual aspect of life. Many prefer they have a handle on the spiritual, yet stop at the physical, as merely this corruptible body.

If one is spiritually dead they are cut off from God. However the Holy Spirit is that "restored" connection, and has always been available. That is basically what God left us with, but not entirely. The Scripture does cover in an indirect way what a spirit is and what a spirit can become. The spirit is as eternal as the soul. It is not like the two types of physical bodies that some fail to see as equally physical. Some claim the spirit is our permanent physical body.

That is why the Atonement gave us back both a physical body distinct from our spirit. The body, soul, and spirit are just as distinct from one another as the relationship of Christ, God, and the Holy Spirit. Only as restored sons of God can we be the complete image of God, where the soul, body, and spirit are joined as one.

The body was afforded at the Cross. Those souls in Abraham's bosom had a physical bodily resurrection to enjoy Paradise, which was off limits until the physical act of the Cross. Why many claim only souls are available makes no sense if souls went without bodies in Abraham's bosom, just to remain without bodies in Paradise. The whole point of a physical act was to show the physical now allowed in Paradise. Now we are with the Lord, and no longer captive in Abraham's bosom, a part of sheol.

Would not the soul in Abraham's bosom suffice for a spiritual respite free from sin? That many showed faith in God starting with Abel, not sure why it is not Abel's bosom, was a start in the restoration. Did Abel and those prior to Abraham have to wait even for Abraham's time, where the soul was at rest in Abraham's bosom? We were not told. We are not even told if at the Cross, Paradise was now that city in Hebrews 11. They may still be looking.

"In faith died all these, not having received the promises, but from afar having seen them, and having been persuaded, and having saluted [them], and having confessed that strangers and sojourners they are upon the earth, for those saying such things make manifest that they seek a country; and if, indeed, they had been mindful of that from which they came forth, they might have had an opportunity to return, but now they long for a better, that is, an heavenly, wherefore God is not ashamed of them, to be called their God, for He did prepare for them a city."

"and these all, having been testified to through the faith, did not receive the promise, God for us something better having provided, that apart from us they might not be made perfect."

But that does not indicate "without a body". It does not indicate they have been joined to their spirit.

The physical was restored first. The spirit is that point of being perfect as one body. The body does not make us perfect, but it would allow the soul to enjoy the physical. Since Christ is physical in Paradise, would not all souls be physical? As the reason Paradise was banned was not for the soul, but the physical body. Abraham's bosom was for the soul, not for the body. Now in Paradise, a body, but not a spirit. Those in Paradise are still waiting for the Second Coming and the rejoining of the spirit.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have been clearly answered, next
No. Because you never stated if the mark was during Satan being bound or after.

The answer is neither. But that would mess up Satan being bound now. Because the mark happens when Satan is NOT BOUND.

Yet you declare Satan is currently bound and only loosed at the end of the 42 months during the 6th vial. Which is clearly not the case. Satan decieved the nations over 100 years ago and we had 2 major world wars between nations. Was Satan loosed and then bound back up? Satan thought with nations against nation the world would destroy itself and Israel would never be born a new. Guess he was a false prophet. Cause after the dust settled, Israel was a nation and the Ezekiel Gog and Magog conflict now had a reality to exist in.

Jacob was not obliterated, Jesus was not forced to cover a Second Coming.

So the answer you refuse to give refutes your own reason Satan has not nor will be bound, until that battle you claim in Revelation 16/19. Since Satan is not currently bound, he can not be loosed one iota.