The problem with the thousand years?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Demons cannot have their names written in the Book of Life, so it would be absolutely pointless for Revelation 20 to close with,

15 And if anyone was not found having been written in the Book of Life, he was cast into the Lake of Fire.
Since those demons are the spirits of those souls whose names have been removed, it is appropriate the soul and spirit be cast into the lake of fire together. Even throw in a body, since many claim a "resurrection". The first resurrection being a soul placed into a body. If those souls see their first resurrection it would be so a body, soul, and spirit/demon are cast in as one complete being.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No just one of the many anointed ones
Point out in Daniel 9 where there are plural annointed ones, who are the Atonement for sin, the Covenant between God and Adam's offspring (who are spiritually and physically dead). How can a fallen offspring of Adam be an Atonement for humanity?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No the second coming didn’t take place in 70AD but you were asking for some backup for the earlier date
Thanks for the response, your source (Alexander Bigg) "Full Preterist" believes all events concerning the second coming in Revelation were fulfilled in 70AD, and you state he is wrong, yet you claim him as source of thruth r÷egarding dating the Revelation?

Big Smiles!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are becoming a broken record here and keep posting the same thing which I have answered many times. Your doing what you accused fullness of gentiles was doing stating that what you believe is fact. We all have our interpretation and the truth will be revealed one day
The word "Consummation" is a fact in Daniel 9:27 that your symbolism in allegory cant remove, and Antiochus Epiphanies is dead and gone, and cant fulfill Daniel's future AOD as you claim, your broken record in denial has been silenced, the broken record of "Truth" will continue to play

Last edited:

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No because Revelation 14 warns humans that if they worship the beast or receive its mark they will be tormented with fire and brimstone for ever and ever.

What is the character of God is He a kind loving forgiving God? Yes He is if people repented He would forgive them. It’s not about will they repent or not but can they repent or not.

The bible shows us that God is merciful and companionate He is the father in the protocol son who came running to his son when he saw him returning home. Let the bible be consistent and tell us what the truth is as the bible can’t contradict itself.

Why do you all hold on to your view of a literal mark when it’s contradicts John 3:16?

If God forgave Paul who was persecuting the church wouldn’t He forgive someone repenting from taking the mark?

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God's grace never has been and never will be an excuse for lawlessness. There are enough warnings in the New Testament both from Jesus and His apostles in the epistles that there is no OSAS for those who turn away, or for those who use grace as a license for lawlessness.

@Marty fox For example, read Revelation 3:16, not only John 3:16 and let scripture interpret scripture.

I have no idea why you posted this I wasn’t saying anything like this

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thanks for the response, your source (Alexander Bigg) "Full Preterist" believes all events concerning the second coming in Revelation were fulfilled in 70AD, and you state he is wrong, yet you claim him as source of thruth r÷egarding dating the Revelation?

Big Smiles!

Anyone can be right in one thing and wrong in another

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Point out in Daniel 9 where there are plural annointed ones, who are the Atonement for sin, the Covenant between God and Adam's offspring (who are spiritually and physically dead). How can a fallen offspring of Adam be an Atonement for humanity?

No only Jesus can do that that’s nice what I was saying there are many anointed ones.

See the two anointed ones below

Daniel 9:25-26
25 “Know and understand this: From the time the word goes out to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the Anointed One,the ruler, comes, there will be seven ‘sevens,’ and sixty-two ‘sevens.’ It will be rebuilt with streets and a trench, but in times of trouble. 26 After the sixty-two ‘sevens,’ the Anointed One will be put to death and will have nothing.

The anointed ruler comes at seven sevens and sixty two sevens so a total of sixty nine sevens.

The other anointed one is cut off at sixty two sevens a total of sixty two sevens.

If Jesus is the one anointed one here how can He die seven sevens before He comes?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
so then you cant find it either, i take it? Or something else in mind there?
I am aware of your, and others, scepticism of a literal coming of Christ. Personally, I have no confidence in any scenario that didn't include it, along with the associated resurrection and translation of the church. That's the Christian hope. I see nothing but misery and destruction for the planet in the future, and while you may see a rosy future according to charts and graphs regarding material worldly data, I think your optimism is misplaced.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Satan sowed the seed of preterism in the hearts of the rebel Jews causing Rome to make Jerusalem desolate 1991 years "too soon".

See that word "rebel"? Satan is the father of all the rebellion in the world.

Are you claiming all those futurist disciples on the Mount of Olives "of the devil"? All prophecy is future until it is fulfilled. You lack many points concerning prophecy you claim has been fulfilled.

All those who claim the popes embodied the antichrist principle would be historist pointing out facts of history. The history covered in the other writings of John, not necessarily Revelation. Until an image is placed in Jerusalem, and that image becomes an entity that can enforce Satan's will, that prophecy is still future. Even if that means John is a futurist. John witnessed the event. John is a literalist who wrote about the event in symbolic terms, all those from the first century on would comprehend.
Historicism is the only hermeneutic that runs in harmony with prophecy. The only way the prophecies of Daniel and Revelation can be rightly understood. And when they are understood correctly, one realizes how very little time we have remaining to prepare ourselves for Christ's coming. Both preterism and futurism conveniently hides the Antichrist from history which gives me no confidence that the majority of God's church will be able to recognize Him when the final test comes.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@bbyrd009
I am aware of your, and others, scepticism of a literal coming of Christ. Personally, I have no confidence in any scenario that didn't include it, along with the associated resurrection and translation of the church. That's the Christian hope. I see nothing but misery and destruction for the planet in the future, and while you may see a rosy future according to charts and graphs regarding material worldly data, I think your optimism is misplaced.
There also this topic to consider for it comes under the same overall theme...
KJV Matthew 13:30
30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

KJV Revelation 14:15-16
15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.
16 And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.

KJV Matthew 25:31-33 (Jesus speaking...)
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s not a matter of if they repent or not but can they repent. Yes they can because of the scriptures that promise salvation to all who believe in Jesus. None of those verses say unless you have the mark of the beast
Revelation 14:9-10KJV
9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And he gathers all teh nations and separates them between the sheep and goats. then He judges the goats and welcome the sheep and raises the saints who didn't take th emark so they can reign with Him for 24 hours, then He raises the unjust, judges them all as well and does all this ini 24 hours!
The sheep/goats is nothing more than a "Parable" of the final great white throne, Matthew 25:46 shows final judgement to eternal life and eternal punishment (The End)

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Revelation 14:9-10KJV
9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

It’s not about weather I agree with the verses you just posted or not I do it’s about what the mark is. If it’s physical then John 3:16 can’t stand if it’s an unrepentant devotion to the beast and doing his work then John 3:16 does stand.

Obviously John 3:16 does stand because it’s the word of God

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s not about weather I agree with the verses you just posted or not I do it’s about what the mark is. If it’s physical then John 3:16 can’t stand if it’s an unrepentant devotion to the beast and doing his work then John 3:16 does stand.

Obviously John 3:16 does stand because it’s the word of God
Please explain why you believe if the mark is physical, it can also exclude John 3:16?

The righteous saved wont be receiving it

Scripture clearly teaches once the mark is received or the image is worshipped, it's a sealed deal to the lake of fire Revelation 14:9-11

Last edited:
Reactions: Zao is life

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone can be right in one thing and wrong in another
Marty you justify following a (Full Preterist, Alexander Bigg) that claims all events in the Revelation concerning the second coming are fulfilled, by claiming this person could be right in other things?

Big Head Shake, Smiles

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
well dont get me wrong, a near-extinction might even occur, i dont know,i mean we are also living in an empire in decline.

I just notice that Christ always seems to either come, appear, or be revealed, even in the passages you Quoted. And that is the Christian Hope now, yes, but that is a pretty recent development, i think?

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Marty you justify following a (Full Preterist, Alexander Bigg) that claims all events in the Revelation concerning the second coming are fulfilled, by claiming this person could be right in other things?

Big Head Shake, Smiles

Of course anyone can be right about something and wrong about another