The problem with the thousand years?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I stand by what I said. Your doctrinal error is repetition of a lie. Satan loves that lie.
My claim isnt a lie, thats your opinion

Stop your personal attacks in calling posters liars, regarding a difference of opinion and interpretation

Teacher Help, Bully On The Playground

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You don't even understand what I'm claiming satan is bound from and I have explained it many times. If you did understand me then you wouldn't of posted the verses you did and accused me of being a liar so I'm out of this debate.
I did not say you are a liar. I said you are repeating a lie (obviously unwittingly). You only just became a liar now when you claimed I accused you (Marty) of being a liar. In that false accusation, you have joined "You are in error" @Truth7t7

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said, no boundaries with you as to how much changing of meanings you will go to in order to hold onto your fallacies.

PS: NEWSFLASH: Even if it means only one thousand (which it does) is not in and of itself "proof" that one thousand symbolizes thousands. Other Amillennialists before you have pointed that out, without denying the FACT that chílioi means one thousand (only), and nothing else.
Your In Denial Of The Factual Truth Below

Thousand = Uncertain Affinity

This dosent represent a literal thousand years on this earth (Fact)

The Greek word "Chilioi" was used in 2 Peter 3:8 and in Revelation 20:1-7

The definition is (Uncertain Affinity) not a literal thousand years on this earth as many claim

Strong’s Definitions
χίλιοι chílioi, khil'-ee-oy; plural of
uncertain affinity; a thousand:—thousand.

KJV Translation Count — Total: 11x

The KJV translates Strong's G5507 in the following manner: thousand (11x).

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Your Living In Denial Of Factual Truth

Thousand = Uncertain Affinity

This dosent represent a literal thousand years on this earth (Fact)
LOL. You're the one living in denial regarding that and a number of other things.

I'm also out of this thread.

Marty could not answer the questions I asked him about what he was saying and kept diverting, but when he saw I was going to insist he answer, he could not, then (like you) falsely claimed I called him personally, a liar. To say that Satan is bound is a lie that Satan loves. When you tell the church that, you are repeating the lie, even if you do so unwittingly, you are still repeating the lie. That does not make you the liar who invented the lie (and all other lies started by the father of lies).

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not say you are a liar. I said you are repeating a lie (obviously unwittingly). You only just became a liar now when you claimed I accused you (Marty) of being a liar. In that false accusation, you have joined "You are in error" @Truth7t7
Stop The Personal Attacks On A Difference Of Opinion And Interpretation, Im Not A Liar Or Repeating Lies As You Claim,Thats Your "Opinion"

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That Satan is bound is a lie, and Satan loves it when you repeat it.
You misrepresent my claim, I post satan isnt bound from general evil in the world presently, hes bound from deceiving the nations to battle, why do you misrepresent my claim below in bold red?

Many That Promote Millennialism Falsely Teach, Satan Cant Be Presently Bound Because Evil Exist In The World?

Satan Is Presently Bound As Is Clearly Seen In (Revelation) 20:7-8 That Interprets (Deceive The Nations) Is To Battle, Not General Evil In The World Presently.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was Satan bound from deceiving Eve? Was he bound from deceiving the world between the fall of Adam and the flood? Was he bound from deceiving between the flood and the crucifixion of Christ?

Why is it that the New Testament teaches that Satan is in no way, shape or form bound now any more than he was always restricted before the time of Christ, yet you claim it's somehow different? Why is it that you believe that though Satan was able to beguile in order to deceive the church in the garden (Eve is a type of the church), even while Adam and Eve were still spiritually alive and led by Christ and the Spirit of God, yet he is unable to now?
The scripture before your eyes interprets (Deceive The Nations) in Revelation 20:3

Revelation 20:7-8 Satan is loosed, and goes out to (Deceive The Nations) to gather them to battle, before your eyes the interpretation is given

Before your eyes, explained very clear in 4th grade reading comprehension, and your in denial of this factual truth

You move in distraction looking towards general deception of satan presently as invalidation, as you move in defiance of the interpretation before your eyes, (Deceive The Nations) Is To Gather The Nations To Battle

(Revelation) 20:1-9KJV
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations
which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

When you say to say something that isn’t doctrinally true is the same as lying and to say that satan is bound is a lie (and I did say that)that sounds to me like your calling me a liar. You also didn’t put in brackets “unwittingly” until after I claimed that you called me a liar.

Now if you say that you didn’t actually mean that I am a liar but just repeating lies then I believe you but I don’t think that you can blame me for thinking that with what you said without you saying “unwittingly” in your first post.

As far as I know I have answered all of your questions or at least every question that I think you asked me but you still don’t actually understand what I believe the binding to be and that’s why you think that I twist scripture and repeated lies

We all really need to show each other grace and love in our debates because we are all on the same team.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you say to say something that isn’t doctrinally true is the same as lying and to say that satan is bound is a lie (and I did say that)that sounds to me like your calling me a liar. You also didn’t put in brackets “unwittingly” until after I claimed that you called me a liar.

Now if you say that you didn’t actually mean that I am a liar but just repeating lies then I believe you but I don’t think that you can blame for thinking that with what you said without you saying “unwittingly” in your first post.

As far as I know I have answered all of your questions or at least every question that I think you asked me but you still don’t actually understand what I believe the binding to be and that’s why you think that I twist scripture and repeated lies

We all really need to show each other grace and love in our debates because we are all on the same team.
Marty I fully understand your predicament, four kids and a wife, you have to wash dishes and clean the house, feed the hogs and chickens, gather the eggs, and milk the cow every morning, getting the garden ready to harvest and can, not much time to study I fully understand

In Love, Jesus Is The Lord

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Marty I fully understand your predicament, four kids, you have to wash dishes and clean the house, feed the hogs and chickens, gather the eggs, and milk the cow every morning, not much time to study I fully understand

In Love, Jesus Is The Lord

Yes and work a nine hour day with almost 2 hours commute LOL

I don’t have the time I wish I had to study this is the first time I’ve had in 3 hours and now to spend some quality time with my son

Reactions: Truth7t7

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes and work a nine hour day with almost 2 hours commute LOL

I don’t have the time I wish I had to study this is the first time I’ve had in 3 hours and now to spend some quality time with my son
Vancouver and the sound, some of the best rock fishing on the west coast, quality time filling the freezer with the son?

I love to fish, down south in So.Cal, bluefin, yellowfin, Dorado, and yellowtail are in right now, hook up!

Last edited:
Reactions: Marty fox

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Vancouver and the sound, some of the best rock fishing on the west coast, quality time filling the freezer with the son?

I love to fish, down south in So.Cal, bluefin, yellowfin, Dorado, and yellowtail are in right now, hook up!

Yes we get a lot of rain up here but it’s s sweet place to live

Reactions: Truth7t7

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Yes you are running about calling posters liars, including myself

Yes satan is currently bound from deceiving the nations to battle as you have been shown several times, and you call me a liar for showing you Gods truth

"Stop The Personal Attacks"

Satan is "Currently" bound from "One Specific Purpose", And One Only?

"Deceive The Nations" To Battle

The Non-Literal 1,000 Years (Revelation) 20:1-6 Are Taking Place Now In The Lords Spiritual, And Will Cease At The Future Second Coming

If A Tribulation Saint Were To Die One Day Before The Second Coming, He Enters Into The Non-Literal 1,000 Year Reign

Many That Promote Millennialism Falsely Teach, Satan Cant Be Presently Bound Because Evil Exist In The World?

Satan Is Presently Bound As Is Clearly Seen In (Revelation) 20:7-8 Below That Interprets (Deceive The Nations) Is To Battle, Not General Evil In The World Presently.

Satan Is Loosed At The End Of The Tribulation When The 6th Vial Is Poured Out As Seen In (Revelation) 16:12, The Deception Is Devils In False Miracles Going Forth To The Kings Of The Earth, To Gather Them To The Final Battle

(Revelation) 20:1-9KJV
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations
which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

(Revelation) 16:12-14 & (Revelation) 20:7-8 Same Deception In Gathering The Nations To The Very Same Final Battle In "Parallel" Teachings Of The Same Event

(Revelation) 16:12-17KJV
12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.
17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.
Satan has not been bound yet, according to all the New Testament statements to the contrary. We're not living in the millennium. It's you who's living in it. Your millennium is a non-existent virtual reality bubble that you Amil guys all call "The millennium" that you enjoy floating around in while you dream.

Last edited:

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Now if you say that you didn’t actually mean that I am a liar but just repeating lies then I believe you but I don’t think that you can blame me for thinking that with what you said without you saying “unwittingly” in your first post.

I admit I was being very straight-forward regarding what I think of the belief that the millennium is already here and Satan is bound (no matter whether you mean "sort of" or "in some manner"). I believe it's a doctrinal error which Biblically, is a lie - and in the case of the belief that Satan is bound, a terrible lie.

But I do not regard you as a liar. If I believe a well-known theological position that is nevertheless not true, then I'm repeating a lie. If Satan is bound and we're living in the millennium and I say he is not, I'm repeating a lie.

To me, the theology which teaches that Satan is bound (whether "sort-of" or in some manner or another) is a terrible lie (not a small lie). The devil has always been restricted by God in terms of what he has been permitted to do, but he is no more restricted since the cross than he was before the cross.

Amillennialism (and other false theologies besides) which exist in Christendom, is also proof to me of the fact that just as the apostles warned, Satan is today, and always has been, just as able to beguile Christians in order to deceive as he was able to beguile Eve (the prototype of the church) in order to deceive, even while Adam and Eve were alive spiritually and had the presence of Christ and the Holy Spirit in them, and had not yet become acquainted with evil through the experience of the practice of its lies:

Ephesians 6
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that all of you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

But you, or @Truth7t7 or anyone else who believes a lie, is not the father of it. You're the victims, and in the process of repeating the lie, perpetuate it. Most of the world is under at least one spiritual lie begun by the father of lies. Most humans perpetuate the lies they believe, by reason of the fact that they believe it. My brother is a JW. He repeats their lies, but he's my brother and I love him and respect him regardless.

God bless you brother. I'm very grateful that you have nevertheless helped my understanding regarding Biblical apocalyptic literature far more than any Premillennialist ever has.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth "You are in error" = "You are repeating a lie." Biblically doctrinal error = a lie. If it's not true it's a lie, biblically.
Your claims are false and your "Opinion"
As you continue to resort in calling myself a liar in personal attacks, "Stop"

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I admit I was being very straight-forward regarding what I think of the belief that the millennium is already here and Satan is bound (no matter whether you mean "sort of" or "in some manner"). I believe it's a doctrinal error which Biblically, is a lie - and in the case of the belief that Satan is bound, a terrible lie.

But I do not regard you as a liar. If I believe a well-known theological position that is nevertheless not true, then I'm repeating a lie. If Satan is bound and we're living in the millennium and I say he is not, I'm repeating a lie.

To me, the theology which teaches that Satan is bound (whether "sort-of" or in some manner or another) is a terrible lie (not a small lie). The devil has always been restricted by God in terms of what he has been permitted to do, but he is no more restricted since the cross than he was before the cross.

Amillennialism (and other false theologies besides) which exist in Christendom, is also proof to me of the fact that just as the apostles warned, Satan is today, and always has been, just as able to beguile Christians in order to deceive as he was able to beguile Eve (the prototype of the church) in order to deceive, even while Adam and Eve were alive spiritually and had the presence of Christ and the Holy Spirit in them, and had not yet become acquainted with evil through the experience of the practice of its lies:

Ephesians 6
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that all of you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

But you, or @Truth7t7 or anyone else who believes a lie, is not the father of it. You're the victims, and in the process of repeating the lie, perpetuate it. Most of the world is under at least one spiritual lie begun by the father of lies. Most humans perpetuate the lies they believe, by reason of the fact that they believe it. My brother is a JW. He repeats their lies, but he's my brother and I love him and respect him regardless.

God bless you brother. I'm very grateful that you have nevertheless helped my understanding regarding Biblical apocalyptic literature far more than any Premillennialist ever has.
You run about as if your opinion and interpretation is gospel truth, calling others liars

It's your opinion and belief,stop the personal attacks on others that you disagree with, calling others liars following g and repeating lies is your opinion,and that I disagree with

It's you who is in error, and that's my opinion, and I haven't called you a liar or that your repeating lies, "stop the personal attacks"