The problem with the thousand years?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course it is. Show where it's somewhere else.

From heaven . . . to . . . to . . . where . . . ? Where could it be?

Much love!
Of course it isnt, no mortal humans of kingdom on earth is seen

Its 100% in the Lords spiritual, (The Souls) (The Dead) if that's a kingdom on this earth, I have swamp land in Florida for sale, a Million an acre

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You claim to have never read a commentary of man regarding dispensationalism?
So you have read them and are a dispensationalist yourself then. If others are so just by reading, then that includes the one making such a nonsensical indictment.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
@marks
The Angel of the 6th vial has the spirit being satan bound upon earth from gathering the nations to battle,

Mark's you cant squeeze a Millennial Kingdom on this earth out of Revelation 20:1-6, with a literal kingdom and mortal humans present, it's a man made fairy tale and you know it
What a pity it is for your theory that the Greek that the New Testament was written in never uses the Greek word χιλιάς (chiliás) for anything except a literal one thousand.

1,000 (a thousand, one-thousand): χιλιάς chiliás.
2,000: δισχίλιοι dischílioi, example Mark 5:13.
3,000: τρισχίλιοι trischílioi, example Acts 2:41.
4,000: τετρακισχίλιοι tetrakischílioi, example Matthew 15:38.
5,000: πεντακισχίλιοι pentakischílioi, example Matthew 14:21,
OR pénte chiliás (5 x 1,000), example Acts 4:4.

7,000: ἑπτακισχίλιοι heptakischílioi, example Romans 11:4.

10,000 déka chiliás (10 x 1,000), example Luke 14:31.
12,000 dṓdeka chiliás (12 x 1,000), example Revelation 7:5.
20,000 eíkosi chiliás (20 x 1,000), example Luke 14:31.

Every time you see the word "thousand" in Revelaiton 20, it uses the word chiliás, which in the Greek denotes one thousand literal years and one thousand literal years only.

What a pity for you that this fact alone causes your theory to fall flat.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you have read them and are a dispensationalist yourself then. If others are so just by reading, then that includes the one making such a nonsensical indictment.
You misrepresent my quote below, you will closely note that in bold red below

Quote Truth7t7:

"You follow the standard, you have read commentaries of man regarding dispensationalism, and you believe and teach what you have read, you believe it's teaching are found in scripture, just as every other follower of this teaching"

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@marks

What a pity it is for your theory that the Greek that the New Testament was written in never uses the Greek word χιλιάς (chiliás) for anything except a literal one thousand.

1,000 (a thousand, one-thousand): χιλιάς chiliás.
2,000: δισχίλιοι dischílioi, example Mark 5:13.
3,000: τρισχίλιοι trischílioi, example Acts 2:41.
4,000: τετρακισχίλιοι tetrakischílioi, example Matthew 15:38.
5,000: πεντακισχίλιοι pentakischílioi, example Matthew 14:21,
OR pénte chiliás (5 x 1,000), example Acts 4:4.

7,000: ἑπτακισχίλιοι heptakischílioi, example Romans 11:4.

10,000 déka chiliás (10 x 1,000), example Luke 14:31.
12,000 dṓdeka chiliás (12 x 1,000), example Revelation 7:5.
20,000 eíkosi chiliás (20 x 1,000), example Luke 14:31.

Every time you see the word "thousand" in Revelaiton 20, it uses the word chiliás, which in the Greek denotes one thousand literal years and one thousand literal years only.

What a pity for you that this fact alone causes your theory to fall flat.
Your claim is in "Error" the greek word "Chilioi" was used in 2 Peter 3:8 and in Revelation 20:1-7

The definition is (Uncertain Affinity) not a literal thousand years as you claim

Strong’s Definitions
χίλιοι chílioi, khil'-ee-oy; plural of uncertain affinity; a thousand:—thousand.

KJV Translation Count — Total: 11x
The KJV translates Strong's G5507 in the following manner: thousand (11x).

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Your claim is in "Error" the greek word "Chilioi" was used in 2 Peter 3:8 and in Revelation 20:1-7

The definition is (Uncertain Affinity) not a literal thousand years as you claim

Strong’s Definitions
χίλιοι chílioi, khil'-ee-oy; plural of uncertain affinity; a thousand:—thousand.

KJV Translation Count — Total: 11x
The KJV translates Strong's G5507 in the following manner: thousand (11x).
@Truth7t7
A thousand. Not thousands. Read the Strong's definition again. It says A thousand.

One day is with the Lord as A literal thousand years. A thousand literal years is as one day with the Lord.

You're grasping at straws.

Whose blood was shed by those who are counted worthy to receive the plague of blood?

Revelation 16
4 And the third angel poured out his vial on the rivers and fountains of waters, and they became blood.
5 And I heard the angel of the waters say, Righteous is the Lord, who is, and was, and who will be, because You have judged these things,
6 since they have poured out the blood of the saints and prophets; and You gave them blood to drink, for they were deserving.
7 And I heard another out of the altar saying, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are Your judgments.

I asked you this question twice before, but you flatly ignored it, and still have not answered it.

Waiting..

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Truth7t7
A thousand. Not thousands. Read the Strong's definition again. It says A thousand.

One day is with the Lord as A literal thousand years. A thousand literal years is as one day with the Lord.

You're grasping at straws.

Whose blood was shed by those who are counted worthy to receive the plague of blood?

Revelation 16
4 And the third angel poured out his vial on the rivers and fountains of waters, and they became blood.
5 And I heard the angel of the waters say, Righteous is the Lord, who is, and was, and who will be, because You have judged these things,
6 since they have poured out the blood of the saints and prophets; and You gave them blood to drink, for they were deserving.
7 And I heard another out of the altar saying, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are Your judgments.

I asked you this question twice before, but you flatly ignored it, and still have not answered it.

Waiting..
At no time do I suggest that believers wont be chosen and prepared for persecution and Martyrdom

It's the blatant deception that many teach, in the future beast in full control and running around killing all Christian's on earth, sci-fi Tim La Haye Left Behind

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
At no time do I suggest that believers wont be chosen and prepared for persecution and Martyrdom

It's the blatant deception that many teach, in the future beast in full control and running around killing all Christian's on earth, sci-fi Tim La Haye Left Behind
How many resurrection occurences are there according to the New Testament. One? Or more than one?

@Truth7t7 I'm talking about when Christ comes in the clouds with a great sound of a trumpet and sends out His angels to gather His elect.

How many of those? One? Or more than one?

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I hope it's alright if I ask a different question before answering your question at the bottom of this post, which will come after the scriptures quoted below (which I'm quoting while deliberately not saying where they are found in the Bible):-

"I will declare the decree of the LORD. He has said to Me, You are My Son; today I have begotten You.Ask of Me, and I shall give the nations for Your inheritance; and the uttermost parts of the earth for Your possession. You shall break them with a rod of iron; You shall dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel."

"The kingdoms of this world (Greek: O kósmos) have become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of His Christ. And He will reign forever and ever."

"My kingdom is not of this world (O kósmos). If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would fight so that I might not be delivered to the Jews. But now (Greek: nŷn) My kingdom is not from here."

[*StrongsGreek*] 03568 νῦν nŷn, noon
a primary particle of present time; "now" (as adverb of date, a transition or emphasis); also as noun or adjective present or immediate:--henceforth, + hereafter, of late, soon, present, this (time).

"You have subjected all things under his feet." For in order that He put all things under him, He did not leave anything not subjected. But now (Greek: nŷn) we do not see all things having been put under him."

"And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God comes not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when all of you shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and all of you shall not see it."
"I will not leave you orphans. I will come to you. Yet a little while and the world does not see Me any more. But you see Me. Because I live, you shall live also. At that day you shall know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you."

MY QUESTION, BASED ON THE ABOVE

When did the kingdoms of this world (O kósmos) become the kingdoms of Christ?

Please note that the motive for my question is not to challenge your position, but to learn how you view the above scriptures and the kingdoms of this world.

MY ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION

The thousand year reigning does not end. Jesus doesn't reign only for a thousand years.

The thousand year binding ends.

But I want to know When did the kingdoms of this world (O kósmos) become the kingdoms of Christ.

Thanks and no problem

I see the kingdoms of this world becoming Jesus at the timing of Daniel 7:13-14 & Revelation 12:5-10 when Jesus ascended back up too heaven after His death and resurrection.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many resurrection occurences are there according to the New Testament. One? Or more than one?

@Truth7t7 I'm talking about when Christ comes in the clouds with a great sound of a trumpet and sends out His angels to gather His elect.

How many of those? One? Or more than one?
There are (Two) resurrections that take place at the second coming, on the last day

1. The righteousto eternal life

2. The wicked to eternal damnation

I dont understand your question regarding gathering one or more than one

At the second coming, all living believers are gathered, while all the living dead are resurrected, as the Lord dissolves the earth by fire, all men will be judged by this fire 1 Cor 3:13

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
There are (Two) resurrections that take place at the second coming, on the last day

1. The righteousto eternal life

2. The wicked to eternal damnation

I dont understand your question regarding gathering one or more than one

At the second coming, all living believers are gathered, while all the living dead are resurrected, as the Lord dissolves the earth by fire, all men will be judged by this fire 1 Cor 3:13
Does the lord's coming occur before or at the close of the reign of the beast? Or in the middle of it? How does the beast's reign come to an end?

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Thanks and no problem

I see the kingdoms of this world becoming Jesus at the timing of Daniel 7:13-14 & Revelation 12:5-10 when Jesus ascended back up too heaven after His death and resurrection.
Thank you. But Jesus said His Kingdom is not of this world. How do you explain that?

When do the kingdoms of this world become the kingdoms of Christ?

@Marty fox

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Because He is God and rules over everything nothing happens outside of Him allowing it
Does He have any adversaries in the world while He's ruling over everything?

If so, why does He have adversaries in the world if He's ruling over everything? How does it come about that He has adversaries in the world if He's ruling over everything?

Also, Why did He inspire His apostle Paul to call Satan the god of this world if He's ruling over everything?

Reactions: Truth7t7

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, Why did He inspire His apostle Paul to call Satan the god of this world if He's ruling over everything?
Do you realize, Paul didn't actually say that.

I know, most people interpret that passage that way, but still, it's not actually what he wrote.

Ho theos of this world had blinded . . .

If this is not referring to the true God, then it would be the one place in the NT where those words, "ho theos" do not demonstrably refer to the true God.

Much love!

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Do you realize, Paul didn't actually say that.

I know, most people interpret that passage that way, but still, it's not actually what he wrote.

Ho theos of this world had blinded . . .

If this is not referring to the true God, then it would be the one place in the NT where those words, "ho theos" do not demonstrably refer to the true God.

Much love!
Paul also didn't say "of this world". He said "Of this Age (aiṓn), which is why the translators knew it could not have been speaking of the eternal God, so used the lower case g.