The Problem With The Trinity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is an opinion...which is very biased. The bible speaks of BOTH Father and Son creating the universe as ELOHIM...

Let US create man in OUR image.

But you can't see the plural.
Epi:

Where in scripture does it say that both God Almighty and his Son created the universe, and then they are also called, Elohim? This is pure speculation not founded on any sound doctrine or scripture.

Elohim occurs well over a couple of thousand times in the Tanakh. It is dissected as a plural masculine noun and used and ‘behaves’ many times in Hebrew as singular for God Almighty. In other places it means ‘gods.’

Elohim defined in the plural is a type of regal or a royal we as God addresses himself along with himself being in all other members of his realm - as God of Israel is all encompassing and powerful.

Only when theorists and Trinitarians perform creative meddling do we get a strange and foreign understanding of the Hebrew word as meaning both God and Jesus ONLY, for no scriptural reason at all.

Yes I see a plural, indeed and it never means the Father and his Son. That would be a strange way to define a Hebrew term used thousands of years before Christ.

Bless you,

APAK

Reactions: bbyrd009

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I see the plural, but you are assuming the Father is talking to His Son. As you do with many OT verses, you read the Son into the text.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have a question. When you're in heaven with God, will Jesus be there too? And where is the holy spirit going to be? When God speaks, will Jesus & the spirit echo his own voice? None of this makes sense to me, how does it to you?
One will be with the Holy Spirit as one.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Epi:

Where in scripture does it say that both God Almighty and his Son created the universe, and then they are also called, Elohim? This is pure speculation not founded on any sound doctrine or scripture.

Elohim occurs well over a couple of thousand times in the Tanakh. It is dissected as a plural masculine noun and used and ‘behaves’ many times in Hebrew as singular for God Almighty. In other places it means ‘gods.’

Elohim defined in the plural is a type of regal or a royal we as God addresses himself along with himself being in all other members of his realm - as God of Israel is all encompassing and powerful.

Only when theorists and Trinitarians perform creative meddling do we get a strange and foreign understanding of the Hebrew word as meaning both God and Jesus ONLY, for no scriptural reason at all.

Yes I see a plural, indeed and it never means the Father and his Son. That would be a strange way to define a Hebrew term used thousands of years before Christ.

Bless you,

APAK
Jesus is Emmanuel (God with us) he was sacrificed for us, we can see that we are truly Sinners in this work of Satan (the one who leads the whole world astray) the Lights go on in understanding this about our selves and we understand that Gods only begotten had to come to save us, this is due to the Holy Spirit that we can know such.
The 3 are one in the same but 3 different identity's within the same.
Just as you are one, so when one goes to Heaven, that is when one is joined with such as I one as well in the same Spirit, so one will not be the Father or the Begotten, but one within the Holy Spirit.
Jesus is the Holy Spirit and one must truly believe that Salvation is through Jesus and he is our Lord and only the Holy Spirit can convey that Grace.

larry2

Jun 14, 2018
Arapahoe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is Jehovah
Strong’s word LORD is Jehovah = "the existing One" A. the proper name of the one true God

Isa 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness (John the Baptist), Prepare ye the way of the LORD (Jehovah), make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

Isa 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD (Jehovah); and beside me there is no saviour.

Isa 43:14 Thus saith the LORD (Jehovah), your redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; . . .

Isa 43:15 I am the LORD (Jehovah), your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King.

Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Php 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord (Jesus), which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Be blessed in Jesus’ name.

Reactions: Nancy

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus is Jehovah
You can post a thousand Scriptures about this, but it won't make a bit of difference to the deniers and the gainsayers. Once people choose lies over the truth, they rarely repent.

larry2

Jun 14, 2018
Arapahoe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is Jehovah
You can post a thousand Scriptures about this, but it won't make a bit of difference to the deniers and the gainsayers. Once people choose lies over the truth, they rarely repent.
You're correct Brother Enoch111, but that's been right ever since the word came forth even from Jesus. My hope is for those looking for answers, and I've actually suspected many JWs wandering our halls.
Blessings in Christ Jesus. :)

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Jesus is Jehovah
Strong’s word LORD is Jehovah = "the existing One" A. the proper name of the one true God

Isa 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness (John the Baptist), Prepare ye the way of the LORD (Jehovah), make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

Isa 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD (Jehovah); and beside me there is no saviour.

Isa 43:14 Thus saith the LORD (Jehovah), your redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; . . .

Isa 43:15 I am the LORD (Jehovah), your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King.
I believe all these verses with all my heart except for the words "the LORD (Jehovah)" which are untrue. Restore "YHWH" and you will be quoting truthfully.

Who is "YHWH"?

Psa 2:2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against YHWH, and against His anointed

Psa 2:6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.
Psa 2:7 I will declare the decree: YHWH hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Acts 13:33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Yeshua again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

What do we learn by these verses? The Father is "YHWH" and His Son is Yeshua. Father YHWH did not become His own Son, nor is the Son his own Father. The Son is the king that Father YHWH put on the throne.

The Son is the "way, the truth and the life". He is the "way of" his Father YHWH. YHWH is the ultimate Savior and Redeemer and He accomplished His salvation and redemption through the man he appointed to do the work of saving and redeeming; His Son Yeshua.

Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Php 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Php 2:5 Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus [Messiah Yeshua],
Php 2:6 who, though he was in the form of God [not, "though he was God"], did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,
Php 2:7 but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.
Php 2:8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
Php 2:9 Therefore God [Yeshua's Father] has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name,
Php 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus [Yeshua] every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
Php 2:11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ [Yeshua Messiah] is Lord, to the glory of God the Father [YHWH]. ESV [brackets and bold mine]

The Father sent His Son to die for mankind. He then exalted him to be "Lord" to all (except his Father who is the Son's God. One cannot be Lord of one's own God).

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Yes, a 100% human child is born to a human mother. The son is given to us by YHWH. YHWH puts the government upon his shoulders (Isaiah 9:7). The Hebrew for "the mighty God" is "el gibbor" which can be translated "mighty warrior" or "mighty el". Since Yeshua is NOT the "only true God" (John 17:3), the verse should not use "God" with a capital "G".

As for "Everlasting Father", there are at least 27 names in the Bible with the same Hebrew construction as in this verse. Each one means the "father of (something)." For example, Abishua means "father of plenty." Instead of translating the phrase as "father of eternity," the KJV reversed the sequence making the true meaning harder to discern. Several newer versions correct this mistake such as The Emphasized Bible, The Bible in Basic English, The New American Bible, The Holy Bible; A Translation From the Latin Vulgate in the Light of the Hebrew and Greek Originals, and The New English Bible, just to name a few. Yeshua is the father of eternity because eternal life comes to us through him. And so it is written in Hebrews 5:9, "And being made perfect, he became the author (or father) of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;"

Additionally, the article "the" for "the mighty God" and "the everlasting Father" and "the Prince of Peace" is not in the Hebrew. Neither are certain letters capitalized in the Hebrew. The English conveniently capitalizes "God" and "Father" to lead our minds in the direction the trinitarian translators want us to think.

The Son's name should be called "wonderful, counsellor, mighty warrior, father of eternity, prince of peace".

Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord (Jesus), which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
The Son is NOT speaking in Rev 1:8 above. It is the Father. Rev 1:4 is a greeting from the Father and verse 5 is a greeting from the Son. It is the being in verse 4 that is “which is, and which was, and which is to come” Do not be misled by publishers who put verse 8 in red letters, thus deceiving the readers.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is Emmanuel (God with us) he was sacrificed for us, we can see that we are truly Sinners in this work of Satan (the one who leads the whole world astray) the Lights go on in understanding this about our selves and we understand that Gods only begotten had to come to save us, this is due to the Holy Spirit that we can know such.
Just as you are one, so when one goes to Heaven, that is when one is joined with such as I one as well in the same Spirit, so one will not be the Father or the Begotten, but one within the Holy Spirit.
Jesus is the Holy Spirit and one must truly believe that Salvation is through Jesus and he is our Lord and only the Holy Spirit can convey that Grace.

Not quite Reggie:

Jesus was human being, born of God therefore God is with us indeed. God’s spirit and power resides with his human spirit, as Christ’s spirit is in our own human spirit today. Jesus was born by the power of God himself. Jesus was begotten of flesh as scripture says, not as a superman in the womb of Mary.

Also, Jesus is not the Holy spirit. The spirit of God is in Jesus as it was in Jesus when he was conceived.

Of course, we have salvation through both Jesus our Lord and God our and his Father.

Jesus is the Son of God and His (God’s) supreme manifestation (human image) to men, should also carry God’s name. That is why Jesus, the son of man, was qualified in saying as the Son of God, “I am come in my Father’s name” (John. 5:43)

Bless you,

APAK

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm back from celebrating Sukkot and surprised to see no activity on this thread.

One of the main problems I find with the trinity doctrine aside from the fact that it is totally unscriptural is that it makes the work of the Father non-existent. For example, because people believe the Son is "God", they attribute the works of the "only true God" to him rather than to his Father who is the "only true God" (John 17:3). It is no longer the Father who created all things by Himself (Isaiah 44:24), but the Son who is credited with creation. It is no longer the Father who gave the Law (Deuteronomy 10:4), but the Son. It is no longer the Father who is Almighty YHWH, but the Son. It is no longer the Father who is the God of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob (Exodus 3:6), but the Son. It is no longer the Father who is the great "I AM", but the Son. The list goes on and on.

We are taught "that all men should honor the Son, even as they honor the Father" (John 5:23). We are NOT taught to honor the Son as though he is the Father. We are to honor the Son for what he has done, not for what his Father has done.

Sir, do you accept the authority of the New Testament?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe all these verses with all my heart except for the words "the LORD (Jehovah)" which are untrue. Restore "YHWH" and you will be quoting truthfully.

Who is "YHWH"?

Psa 2:2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against YHWH, and against His anointed

Psa 2:7 I will declare the decree: YHWH hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Acts 13:33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Yeshua again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

What do we learn by these verses? The Father is "YHWH" and His Son is Yeshua. Father YHWH did not become His own Son, nor is the Son his own Father. The Son is the king that Father YHWH put on the throne.

The Son is the "way, the truth and the life". He is the "way of" his Father YHWH. YHWH is the ultimate Savior and Redeemer and He accomplished His salvation and redemption through the man he appointed to do the work of saving and redeeming; His Son Yeshua.

Php 2:5 Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus [Messiah Yeshua],
Php 2:6 who, though he was in the form of God [not, "though he was God"], did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,
Php 2:7 but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.
Php 2:8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
Php 2:9 Therefore God [Yeshua's Father] has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name,
Php 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus [Yeshua] every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
Php 2:11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ [Yeshua Messiah] is Lord, to the glory of God the Father [YHWH]. ESV [brackets and bold mine]

The Father sent His Son to die for mankind. He then exalted him to be "Lord" to all (except his Father who is the Son's God. One cannot be Lord of one's own God).

Yes, a 100% human child is born to a human mother. The son is given to us by YHWH. YHWH puts the government upon his shoulders (Isaiah 9:7). The Hebrew for "the mighty God" is "el gibbor" which can be translated "mighty warrior" or "mighty el". Since Yeshua is NOT the "only true God" (John 17:3), the verse should not use "God" with a capital "G".

As for "Everlasting Father", there are at least 27 names in the Bible with the same Hebrew construction as in this verse. Each one means the "father of (something)." For example, Abishua means "father of plenty." Instead of translating the phrase as "father of eternity," the KJV reversed the sequence making the true meaning harder to discern. Several newer versions correct this mistake such as The Emphasized Bible, The Bible in Basic English, The New American Bible, The Holy Bible; A Translation From the Latin Vulgate in the Light of the Hebrew and Greek Originals, and The New English Bible, just to name a few. Yeshua is the father of eternity because eternal life comes to us through him. And so it is written in Hebrews 5:9, "And being made perfect, he became the author (or father) of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;"

Additionally, the article "the" for "the mighty God" and "the everlasting Father" and "the Prince of Peace" is not in the Hebrew. Neither are certain letters capitalized in the Hebrew. The English conveniently capitalizes "God" and "Father" to lead our minds in the direction the trinitarian translators want us to think.

The Son's name should be called "wonderful, counsellor, mighty warrior, father of eternity, prince of peace".

The Son is NOT speaking in Rev 1:8 above. It is the Father. Rev 1:4 is a greeting from the Father and verse 5 is a greeting from the Son. It is the being in verse 4 that is “which is, and which was, and which is to come” Do not be misled by publishers who put verse 8 in red letters, thus deceiving the readers.
Compare Psalms 45:6-7 to Hebrews 1:8-9

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Who is "YHWH"?

See Revelation 1:17-18. He who is the first and the last is living and was dead.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not quite Reggie:

Jesus was human being, born of God therefore God is with us indeed. God’s spirit and power resides with his human spirit, as Christ’s spirit is in our own human spirit today. Jesus was born by the power of God himself. Jesus was begotten of flesh as scripture says, not as a superman in the womb of Mary.

Also, Jesus is not the Holy spirit. The spirit of God is in Jesus as it was in Jesus when he was conceived.

Of course, we have salvation through both Jesus our Lord and God our and his Father.

Jesus is the Son of God and His (God’s) supreme manifestation (human image) to men, should also carry God’s name. That is why Jesus, the son of man, was qualified in saying as the Son of God, “I am come in my Father’s name” (John. 5:43)

Bless you,

APAK
The Spirit of Jesus is the Holy Spirit.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1:3 shows clearly that Jesus is the Creator, whether He was an impersonal Word or the 2nd Person of the Trinity.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The way to life is narrow and few there be that find it. We must indeed be Bereans if we are going to come to the knowledge of the truth.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Please clarify, brother. It almost appears to be that you are saying that it is the work of Satan that Jesus died on the Cross. That cannot be true. Surely you must be saying something else. What is it that you truly mean by your statements?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Who is "YHWH"?

The breach widens...

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Spirit of Jesus is the Holy Spirit.
JBF:

The Spirit of Jesus is just a part (a subset) of the SPIRIT of God. I would never want to limit the God and Father of all spirits, as just encompassing Jesus. Yes, Jesus' spirit is unique and very significant to us as believers, although they are not technically the same. Yes, we actually have two spirits of God within us, as believers. One is us, the one we were born with, and the other is the spirit of Christ that the spirit of God placed into us, bonded to our own spirit. They are ALL of the spirit of God. So, in this sense we, as well as Jesus are PART of the spirit of God.

John the Baptist besides his own spirit from God, possessed the spirit of Elijah, also from God at/before his birth. Jesus even acknowledged it. God creates all individual spirits and places them into people according to his plan. He foreknew all spirits as he created them all.

We today have the spirit of Christ of truth and grace within us.

The subject of spirits being all from God is a strange subject to most Trinitarians.

Trinitarians are unfortunately 'locked in' with the teachings of their pagan brethren. They think in 2 dimensions. Need to get out of the Romanist era.

God is much more that Jesus Christ, indeed! There would be no spirit of Jesus if it was not for God Almighty. God created his spirit before or at the point of his birth.

Bless you,

APAK

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JBF:

The Spirit of Jesus is just a part (a subset) of the SPIRIT of God. I would never want to limit the God and Father of all spirits, as just encompassing Jesus. Yes, Jesus' spirit is unique and very significant to us as believers, although they are not technically the same. Yes, we actually have two spirits of God within us, as believers. One is us, the one we were born with, and the other is the spirit of Christ that the spirit of God placed into us, bonded to our own spirit. They are ALL of the spirit of God. So, in this sense we, as well as Jesus are PART of the spirit of God.

John the Baptist besides his own spirit from God, possessed the spirit of Elijah, also from God at/before his birth. Jesus even acknowledged it. God creates all individual spirits and places them into people according to his plan. He foreknew all spirits as he created them all.

We today have the spirit of Christ of truth and grace within us.

The subject of spirits being all from God is a strange subject to most Trinitarians.

Trinitarians are unfortunately 'locked in' with the teachings of their pagan brethren. They think in 2 dimensions. Need to get out of the Romanist era.

God is much more that Jesus Christ, indeed! There would be no spirit of Jesus if it was not for God Almighty. God created his spirit before or at the point of his birth.

Bless you,

APAK
See Luke 23:46 and 2 Corinthians 3:17.