The Problem With The Trinity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Old Testament, people were justified by faith, just like in the New (see, for example, Genesis 15:6).

Sure. I did not say otherwise.

It is unscriptural to say that anyone is justified by the law,

Who said that?

because of Galatians 2:16, Romans 3:20, and quite a few other verses.

Why are you directing this information to me?

God Bless,
Taken

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Men in the OT did not call on the name of the Lord Jesus or confess Belief IN Him, to become saved.

Men in the OT revealed their belief and faithfulness TO God by and through obedience TO the Law.

Why is that NOT still acceptable to God for Jews today, who continue "under" the Law?

How did you determine that is "unscriptural"?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Pay closer attention to what another actually says, instead of you deciding what you imagined they have said.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: gadar perets

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
that was strictly meant to be an ID phrase gadar, i mean after all 'what you teach' is more or less standard issue rabbi, right. And i don't have a prob with it honest, but you also might do yourself a solid and go figure out what "swine-eaters" are symbolically. They aren't quite the same as those who seethe kids in mother's milk, fwiw. Does God care about oxen gadar?
I do not teach anything close to what the Jewish Rabbis teach. I teach what Yeshua taught. What "swine-eaters" represent is irrelevant to the issue of not eating swine's flesh.

Yes, God cares about oxen. What is your point? He cares about His children as well which is why He told us not to eat unclean flesh.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Post # 961 DOES NOT MENTION "justified or justification"...

Post # 981
"Who said that?"

The evidence is your imagination, and NOT in any post.

Glory to God,
Taken

Not the specific word...the concept however is definitely there. I am not stupid, and I know that it is not only in "my imagination" as you say. Apparently you are counting on the fact that there are people who will be reading what you write who are stupid and will have no reading comprehension but that what they read will slip into their subconscious mind like some sort of subliminal message.

Pay closer attention to what another actually says, instead of you deciding what you imagined they have said.

Glory to God,
Taken

If you are seeking to be deceptive about what you are teaching by teaching something in particular while at the same time denying that you are teaching it so that you can slip it in privily, then God the Holy Spirit knows that and will reveal it to the Son so that it can be judged in His righteousness.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Specifically I would point out these statements:

Men in the OT did not call on the name of the Lord Jesus or confess Belief IN Him, to become saved.

Men in the OT revealed their belief and faithfulness TO God by and through obedience TO the Law.

These statements put together imply that justification was through law-keeping (and not by faith) in the OT and that therefore it can be the same in the new. This is false doctrine.

You attempt to show by your statements that there is another way to be saved, the OT way: not by calling on the name of Jesus but by our obedience to the law. This is the same thing as preaching that justification through law-keeping is a valid method of salvation.

The problem with it being, that Galatians 2:16 and Romans 3:20 and a plethora of other verses teach against such a concept.

Because in the OT, they were saved by the same thing that we are saved by in the New: through faith in Jesus Christ (because Jesus Christ is God; and Abraham put his faith in God in Genesis 15:6).

If they were justified through keeping the law in the OT (and not through faith in Jesus, even calling on His name) then we can be justified through law-keeping in the NT times also.

Therefore you have subtly implied that we can be justified through keeping the law and in the next posts denied that that was what you were even teaching. Thus it is fulfilled in you what is written in 2 Peter 2:1-3. You privily bring in a damnable heresy unless someone can put a stop to it by exposing it for what it is.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You wrote: Yesterday at 9:41 AM#961

Disagree.

The Lord "DOES" the saving.
IOW it is by and through Christ the Lord All saved souls, have become saved.

However "WHO" becomes "saved" requires the individuals elections, choices.
And it is "individuals" who are informed "what" they can do (acceptable to God), to become saved.

Why is that NOT still acceptable to God for Jews today, who continue "under" the Law?

How did you determine that is "unscriptural"?

God Bless,
Taken

What statement of mine was it that you disagreed with?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will answer the question for you: you were disagreeing with my statement that it is unscriptural to say that people are somehow saved through keeping the law: therefore to you it must be scriptural to believe that we are saved/justified through law-keeping.

However Galatians 2:16, Romans 3:20 show that it is unscriptural.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Because in the OT, they were saved by the same thing that we are saved by in the New: through faith in Jesus Christ (because Jesus Christ is God; and Abraham put his faith in God in Genesis 15:6).
This is utter nonsense.
Therefore you have subtly implied that we can be justified through keeping the law and in the next posts denied that that was what you were even teaching. Thus it is fulfilled in you what is written in 2 Peter 2:1-3. You privily bring in a damnable heresy unless someone can put a stop to it by exposing it for what it is.
Why don't you hear him/her out before making such a judgment?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is utter nonsense.

The preaching of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing (1 Corinthians 1:18).

Why don't you hear him/her out before making such a judgment?

What he/she is saying is clear enough that I don't have to hear any more of what he/she has to say in order to determine the essence of what he/she is saying.

B

brakelite

And realize also, that failing to keep the letter of the law will not be to your condemnation if your whole trust is in what Christ did for you on the Cross!

If you are motivated by love for God and neighbor to obey the Sabbath, Feasts, and dietary laws; knowing that you are saved apart from obedience to them; then by all means do as the Spirit leads.

But if you are in any way depending on your obedience to these laws as being your salvation, then think again: because your focus is all wrong and you have stumbled at that stumblingstone (spoken of in Romans 9:30-33, Romans 10:1-4).

The law is competing for your attention as the means of salvation in some of your minds. We must understand fully that obedience to the law is not salvational. It is the result of being saved.

Do we then seek to obey the law in order to prove to ourselves that we are saved? Do we obey the law because it is the evidence of salvation and therefore we say, if I obey the law then that proves that I am saved?

No. Our only salvation is through faith in Jesus; in being forgiven through His shed blood.

If I am going to be justified through law-keeping/works/obedience, then I must obey the law perfectly from the moment of conception to the moment of death and beyond, into all of eternity (Galatians 3:10, James 2:10, Matthew 5:48, Matthew 5:18).

The more you strive to obtain salvation through keeping the law, the more you should realize that you are a failure at doing so. If you don't have this realization, you are not being honest with yourself; and you are also not listening to the Holy Spirit at all.
The issue isn't just about obedience. It is more than that. It is about subjecting or surrendering yourself to authority. To the appropriate authority. We must ask ourselves, whose authority am I under? Is Christ my true Lord? The Sabbath, the true Sabbath being the 7th day, is the Lord's Day. He is the Lord of the Sabbath. Any other day, or any other reasoning offered that denigrates or nullifies that day, challenges the authority of He who established it.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The preaching of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing (1 Corinthians 1:18).
You were not referring to the preaching of the cross which I embrace wholeheartedly. You are so judgmental it is sickening.

Yeshua is NOT the God of Abraham (Exodus 3:6; Acts 3:13). He is the Son of the God of Abraham.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I do not teach anything close to what the Jewish Rabbis teach. I teach what Yeshua taught. What "swine-eaters" represent is irrelevant to the issue of not eating swine's flesh.

Yes, God cares about oxen. What is your point? He cares about His children as well which is why He told us not to eat unclean flesh.
Have you ever eaten Pork, it can be real nice, they say it taste like Human, I have never eaten a Human yet, but would that be a sin if you had to, or die.

A good mate of mine was eating pork for the first time he was about 24yo say, it was late at night drinking at a party out in the bush, he had not eaten all night so I caught him fanging into a bit of skin that was left over, I pointed out the eye and part of the mouth and one nostril to him that he was eating, he was that drunk that he did not care and said it taste wonderful. ha ha !

Reactions: bbyrd009

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You were not referring to the preaching of the cross which I embrace wholeheartedly. You are so judgmental it is sickening.

Yeshua is NOT the God of Abraham (Exodus 3:6; Acts 3:13). He is the Son of the God of Abraham.
The servant of the Lord must not strive, so you win.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The issue isn't just about obedience. It is more than that. It is about subjecting or surrendering yourself to authority. To the appropriate authority. We must ask ourselves, whose authority am I under? Is Christ my true Lord? The Sabbath, the true Sabbath being the 7th day, is the Lord's Day. He is the Lord of the Sabbath. Any other day, or any other reasoning offered that denigrates or nullifies that day, challenges the authority of He who established it.
The Lord's day was actually the first day of the week, in which He was resurrected.

B

brakelite

The Lord's day was actually the first day of the week, in which He was resurrected.
Jesus told his disciples whch day he was Lord of. That would make that day the Lord's Day. And it wasn't Sunday.
And any connection from the Lord's Day spoken of in revelation 1 to Sunday is only in your imagination.