The Problem With The Trinity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually Jesus is and God and teh Holy Spirit,

1Co_2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
GINOLJC, to "mjrhealth, Correct, most people think when they hear the word "God", and "Spirit" some, not all think that this is two different entities , NO, I say again NO. scripture, John 4:24a "God is a Spirit". now if people would just STOP and examine this when one say God, one is saying Spirit. and this Spirit is HOLY, hence Holy Spirit. and the Lord Jesus is the manifested wisdom of this Spirit. just as a man is the manifested wisdom of himself. the very next verse, 1 Corinthians 2:11 "For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God". this is a eureka moment. the Spirit of God is God and the Wisdom of God is God.
"mjrhealth, thank you.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
both great perspectives imo
then again, reflecting upon God as anything other than One might be totally pagan :/
GINOLJC, bbyrd009, you're correct. "anything other than One might be totally pagan". this is the heart of the trinity problem. when one say that there are three separate AND distinct "person" yes you have more than one, and that's pagan. instead of arguing, here is the solution. instead of separate person of 3, consider this, a "SHARED" person of two. a share is the same person only numerically different, meaning "ANOTHER" which the definition of G243 allost perfectly states. how plain and clear can one get?. if people just examine the "SHARE" vs the "Separation" then one can clearly see the truth.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
GINOLJC, bbyrd009, you're correct. "anything other than One might be totally pagan". this is the heart of the trinity problem. when one say that there are three separate AND distinct "person" yes you have more than one, and that's pagan. instead of arguing, here is the solution. instead of separate person of 3, consider this, a "SHARED" person of two. a share is the same person only numerically different, meaning "ANOTHER" which the definition of G243 allost perfectly states. how plain and clear can one get?. if people just examine the "SHARE" vs the "Separation" then one can clearly see the truth.
i'm curious what that does though, other than paint another surely deficient definition of God? What is the point? Isn't the point to have something to argue about?

I've been asking people for at least 20 years to witness any fruit of "trinity" doctrine--or Oneness or any other, for that matter--and i have yet to hear any, other than "division."

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i'm curious what that does though, other than paint another surely deficient definition of God? What is the point? Isn't the point to have something to argue about?

I've been asking people for at least 20 years to witness any fruit of "trinity" doctrine--or Oneness or any other, for that matter--and i have yet to hear any, other than "division."
first thanks for the response. and again you're correct to a point. NO, the point is not to argue. #2. I'm not a oneness, I'm a diversified Oneness, BIG difference, meaning NO DIVISION in God or my conversation. scripture, 1 Corinthians 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment". not all men have this knowledge. my job is to tell the truth by scripture. so that all men may abide by 1 Corinthians 1:10 in peace. I have found out that without knowledge there can be no peace. ignorance breeds confusion, and God is not the author of confusion. so I'm about imparting truth.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1 Corinthians 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment"
Amen

And the only way that will ever happen is when men stop filling there heads with knowledge, mens wisdom, mens understanding and turn to Jesus and God for the truth, but it will never happen, we are too proud too arrogant to self suficient.

1Co_2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

Reactions: Acolyte

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simply that our perception of the nature of God is also burdened by the limited capacity of human language. It is impossible to describe linguistically that which the mind cannot conceive or comprehend. Since God exists on a plane that is not accessible to man at the sensory level, we have no experiential index by which to explain the nature of God. Our only context for understanding the nature of God is the reveled language of scripture.
Very well put!

Reactions: oldhermit

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen

And the only way that will ever happen is when men stop filling there heads with knowledge, mens wisdom, mens understanding and turn to Jesus and God for the truth, but it will never happen, we are too proud too arrogant to self suficient.

this is true, and thanks my friend. we, as christian need to get serious with the scriptures. we need to question ourselves as to what we was taught is correct. I'm not on any witch hunt, ok. no, but seeking truth. I strongly believe that we as Christians, just observe what the scripture are saying, (all of them), who have the Spirit will understand the truth. for many years I was blinded by the doctrine of 3 persons. as was with only one person. until the Lord Jesus sent me searching the scriptures in earnest for him (the truth). I did it without preconceived teaching that I was feed when I was a babe in Christ, I didn't know the truth. there is nothing wrong in finding out that what we was taught was in error. do I blame anyone for teaching me in error? NO, again I say NO, they did the best with what they was taught, and passed it on, well when it got to me God stopped it. I praise God for now, that he have revealed the truth unto me. so I praise God for his knowledge, and not playing the blame game. it took courage to break my bonds of ignorance. but Oh..... the joy of knowing the truth now. everyday I get stronger in the scriptures, I see, and understand God diversity everywhere in the scriptures. God is correct in the prophet Isaiah, when he said, "For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little". this is true.

Reactions: Acolyte

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
so I'm about imparting truth.
wadr i hear that a lot, and, not disagreeing, but i guess Hitler used the same reasoning? Of course i tell myself the same thing, don't get me wrong, but i seem to mostly be about polishing my helmet, and seeking the affirmation of men, regardless. Or also.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
but it will never happen, we are too proud too arrogant to self suficient.
this denies Scripture, which states that every knee will bow, and that God wants everyone to come to knowledge of truth. How can you say it will never happen, and at the same time say that it has somehow happened to you?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wadr i hear that a lot, and, not disagreeing, but i guess Hitler used the same reasoning? Of course i tell myself the same thing, don't get me wrong, but i seem to mostly be about polishing my helmet, and seeking the affirmation of men, regardless. Or also.
wadr i hear that a lot........ Maybe it's not for you, John 10:27 "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me".
#2. "not disagreeing, but i guess Hitler used the same reasoning?" see above.... (smile).
#3. AND TO KNOW GOD VOICE?, one must be sent from God, Romans 10:14 "How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?". yes, there are many voices out there. but there is one voice that is different. Matthew 3:3 "For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight". notice a voice of "one". that's all it takes, people will hear the truth, only just speak the TRUTH.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
wadr i hear that a lot........ Maybe it's not for you, John 10:27 "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me".
#2. "not disagreeing, but i guess Hitler used the same reasoning?" see above.... (smile).
#3. AND TO KNOW GOD VOICE?, one must be sent from God, Romans 10:14 "How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?". yes, there are many voices out there. but there is one voice that is different. Matthew 3:3 "For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight". notice a voice of "one". that's all it takes, people will hear the truth, only just speak the TRUTH.
lol well then let's just pray it together;

"God, me and 101g thank you that we are not like other men, and that we do all the right things, unlike those people over there..." lol

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol well then let's just pray it together;

"God, me and 101g thank you that we are not like other men, and that we do all the right things, unlike those people over there..." lol
you can take 101G out of that pray of yours. take not, and joke not, Ephesians 4:22 "That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts". your prayer is corrupt. but instead, "God, give us your wisdom to understand your word of Knowledge, so that bbyrd009, 101G and all men may have an understanding of your righteousness, and your truth". now that's the end of my conversation about that. good day

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the final authority is God, let's prove what you have raised. Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God". this is scriptural. now may I ask, what is the form of God? answer, his nature which is Spirit.
G3444 μορφή morphe (mor-fee') n.
1. form.
2. (intrinsically) fundamental nature.
KJV: form
Root(s): G3313
the million dollar question is what kind of nature do the Lord Jesus have? answer, "the EQUAL nature". and how is that accomplish? answer, the root of G3444 μορφή morphe tells us. which is
G3313 μέρος meros (me'-ros) n.
1. a portion. 2. a share.
now we have the answer, the Lord Jesus is the "Equal" share as the root of morphe states. now, being being the "EQUAL" share, how do we identify it. answer "another" G243 allos. is this in God creation? YES, listen Adam/Man is ANOTHER of himself.
H120 אָדָם 'adam (aw-dawm') n-m.
ruddy i.e. a human being (an individual or the species, mankind, etc.).
KJV: X another, + common sort, X low, man (mean, of low degree), person.

do you see it now?" another" is the key, that's why God is a Plurality of HIMSELF. now understand JesusIsFaithful, G243 allos states that this numerical difference is of the same "SORT". look up "sort", and you will find that this numerical difference, this EQUAL SHARE is in the same group, same class, and the same kind. other words the God class. not a separate PERSON but the EQUAL SHARE, of the sme PERSON.

Now I went to the final authority, the scriptures.

God's nature is not just Spirit since for the act of creating man, this was asked by God for man to be created in their image, and when God performed the act, He did so as the Triune God where 3 Witnesses were needed to establish a word in creation in creating man in His image. God followed the law established for mankind in establishing a testimony or a word.

Remember... "Who, being in the form of God..." suggests what? God has a form. So His nature is not just Spirit.

Now I ask you to go before that throne of grace for help, because you are not only wrong about this, but being in a church that preaches receiving the Holy Spirit separate from salvation with the evidence of tongues, shows a war of principality & spiritual darkness you are under that you are being prevented from seeing the truth in His words; all of them and so you need His help & His wisdom to set you free & deliver you out of this apostasy.

Here is the reproof against receiving the Holy Spirit separate from salvation with the evidence of tongues.

2 Thessalonians 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: 14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

You really need the Lord Jesus Christ's help to go beyond your supernatural experiences to understanding His words as kept in the KJV Bible.

John 8:30 As he spake these words, many believed on him. 31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free....36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Don't pray in tongues; pray normally to Jesus Christ at that throne of grace. Trust Him to be your Good Shepherd in helping you to follow Him.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

I cannot help you. But Jesus Christ can.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember... "Who, being in the form of God..." suggests what? God has a form. So His nature is not just Spirit.
I ask you is Spirit concrete or abstract. I ask is character concrete or abstract. I ask is LOVE concrete or abstract. I ask is righteousness concrete or abstract, I ask is holiness concrete or abstract. I ask is peace concrete or abstract.... must I go on?. so your premise is reproofed.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
i just said that above because people will entertain lies, too, even after they are (believe they have somehow majikally become) "Saved."
The concept in Scripture is intrinsic to "tares." So i was mostly looking for an address to that.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i just said that above because people will entertain lies, too, even after they are (believe they have somehow majikally become) "Saved."
The concept in Scripture is intrinsic to "tares." So i was mostly looking for an address to that.
got you. ;)

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I ask you is Spirit concrete or abstract. I ask is character concrete or abstract. I ask is LOVE concrete or abstract. I ask is righteousness concrete or abstract, I ask is holiness concrete or abstract. I ask is peace concrete or abstract.... must I go on?. so your premise is reproofed.

Ask Jesus at that throne of grace.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Feel free to address any matter to Jesus at that throne of grace too.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
this denies Scripture, which states that every knee will bow, and that God wants everyone to come to knowledge of truth. How can you say it will never happen, and at the same time say that it has somehow happened to you?
Are we speaking of teh now or than?? The now is our doing and our choice, the than is when He does it not our choosing.