The Problems of Perpetual Belief Alone Salvation-ism.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Somehow I copied this without intending to but it fits so well into my reply. To

@Bible Highlighter

It seems that you purposely misunderstand us and even the the Bible You Highlight.

I don’t misunderstand the Free Grace crowd. I have been debating against Free Grace Christians since 2011.
My goal is to share with them what the Bible says.
But of course they ignore many verses.

You said:
What I write, from study and faith

What you write is from the study of Protestants, just as Catholics study the Bible from the slant of Catholicism.

You said:
What Grailhunter writes, from study and faith

He is a liberal. He hangs out with Catholics, Mormons, and believes in Darwin Evolution.
He does not see sex before marriage as a sin. He does not have a problem with Halloween, and worldly sinful movies, etcetera.

You said:
Living a life of love for God. A life of faith in God.

Is knowing that OUR sins are forgiven.

Only past sin is forgiven and not future sin. Otherwise verses like 1 John 1:9 would not make any sense.
Otherwise verses like Galatians 5:19-21 would not make any sense.

You said:
This doesn't remove sin which is our nature but does help us to sin less. Sin less not be sinless!

Jesus did not say sin less to two people. Jesus said sin no more to two people (See: John 5:14, and John 8:11).
If this was not the case, then Jesus would be advocating others to sin (Which would be wrong).
1 Peter 4:1-2 says that he that suffers in the flesh can cease from sin, and that we should live the rest of our time not to the lusts of the flesh, but to the will of God.
Galatians 5:24 says that they that are Christ’s have crucified the affections.
2 Corinthians 7:1 says let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
Galatians 5:16 says walk after the Spirit and you will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh.
God says be ye holy because I am holy (1 Peter 1:16).

You said:
Do you read, READ the message or do you take a few words as the message.

I ask because I keep seeing a few words "THAT ARE" the message, not just from you but others. Even though finishing the paragraph or Jesus's full story is another meaning then what your select message is.

Yes while the publican beat his breast as an action in Jesus's parable when he Jesus concludes his story that attitude that Jesus was pointing to IS humility.
If the Pharisee in the parable had beat on his breast would that action have atoned for his self exaltation?
The finish, "" the humble shall be exalted while exalted will be humbled.""

I am not going to back through the posts to prove you posted this but it fits with your very selective word writing

Paul says if any speaks contrary to the words of Jesus Christ and the doctrine according to godliness, he is proud and he knows nothing (1 Timothy 6:3-4).

The Pharisees did not obey God. For they ignored the weightier matters of the Law like love, faith, justice, and mercy (Matthew 23:23) (Luke 11:42).

Philippians 2:8 says,
“And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.”

Philippians 2:5 says,
“Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:”

Meaning, we are to humble ourselves to be obedient unto death like Jesus Christ did with God the Father..

The Pharisee did not really obey God, and there were sins that needed to be confessed to God.
The Pharisee also thought he was better than the Tax Collector, when the Pharisee himself is nothing.
For Paul says if any man think himself to be something when he is nothing, he deceives himself (Galatians 6:3).
It’s God who does the good work through the believer (Philippians 2:13).

We are told to work out our salvation with fear and trembling (Philippians 2:12) in context to Philippians 2:5-8.

You said:
I was hit with Ps.106 v3 you know verse three very well in your selective way.

But the other 47 verses fully contradict what I am told v3 means by itself.

The first two verses close v3 out from it was posted to mean. The last 45 verses totally cut the conclusions that were put forward as the meaning of verse 3.

As a Christian that has faith in God's love that he has freely given me redemption. I am not lifted out of my mean natural state of being a sinner. But I am through love being given a chance to sin less.
To pick one verse out of many and assigning other meaning to that verse. What are you showing the world? Contempt, is the first term that jumped in to my mind.

First, the problem with your interpretation on Psalms 106:3 is that you are not showing how the words of that verse are actually true in light of your belief. You just seem to cherry pick other verses from a wrong slanted point of view while you ignore others (like Psalms 106:3).

Second, no doubt you probably see a sin and still be saved viewpoint in Psalms 106 by looking at verse 6, but it is referring to their past sins.
If a believer could never do righteousness at all times, then the. Psalmist would never bring up the possibility of the person who does righteousness at all times. Anyways, in Psalms 106, we get a lesson of Israel being saved out of Egypt, but they soon forgot his works and did not wait upon God’s counsel (verse 13). They (the Israelites saved out of Egypt) all drank of that spiritual drink and they drank of that Rock, and that Rock was Christ (See: 1 Corinthians 10:1-5). But they fell in the wilderness during the time of their temptation. They failed to pass the test and they lost their salvation. They were saved, but then they lost it. They departed from the living God by later having unbelief (Hebrews 3:12-18). They believed in the beginning because they put the blood on the doorposts, but they did not continue to believe.

Like the Israelites of old, they did not always trust God in going out against pagan nations when they were outnumbered. They did not trust God to win a battle that seemed impossible. So too today, believers cannot believe God’s Word in that they can overcome sin in this life (even though His Word teaches them to do so - 1 Peter 4:1-2, Galatians 5:24, 2 Corinthians 7:1).

You said:
If they say they are without sin they deceive themselves and the truth is not in them.

We’ve already been over 1 John 1:8 before.
It’s not referring to how you must admit you are a sinner always 24/7.
The context does not even support that line of thinking.
John says to “sin not” (Which means he believes it is possible for one to “sin not”).
John also basically says that the person who says they know the Lord and they do not keep His commandments, they are a liar and the truth is not in them (1 John 2:4). So if you take your sin and still be saved viewpoint on 1 John 1:8 and you just end up contradicting the very next chapter.
John is writing to the brethren in regards to them who were trying to seduce them (1 John 2:26).
We both agree 1 John 1:10. We both believe that we have sinned in our past life before coming to Christ.
But the gnostic did not believe that. They believed sin was an illusion or non-existent. That is what 1 John 1:8 is saying. It is saying if we say we have no sin [if we do sin] we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

You said:
One of the greatest Christians that ever lived wrote these words.
That same Christian wrote,
that which I should I do not and that which I should not I do.

It wholly and totally false to say that any man for any reason can be sinless.

Stop quoting men, and quote the Bible.

You said:
Only living to return God's love to him can I sin less. That love will keep me from purposely sinning but not stop natural sin altogether. To say anything else is false and purposely false.

To say that in saying that natural sin is unavoidable is saying I can do any sin freely is a legalistic pharisitical teaching of the bible.

Yours in Christ

Alfredthefifth

You have been brainwashed by Protestantism because it has a been a huge major influence upon your life. I would encourage you to simply get into the Bible alone and ignore what Protestants say. For Catholics read the Bible with Catholics talking in their ear. So that is how they understand the Bible. One needs to come out of their false religion and just believe the Bible alone in what it says. Key prime example is your denial of Psalms 106:3. You still have yet to explain how you believe this verse. You simply don’t believe it. This verse cannot be true in your belief system.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wynona

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nonsense. What you need to concern yourself with is turning His glory into shame:

“O ye sons of men, how long will ye turn my glory into shame? how long will ye love vanity, and seek after leasing? Selah. But know that the LORD hath set apart him that is godly for himself: the LORD will hear when I call unto him. Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah.” (Psalms 4:2-4)

So don’t defile your garments after the Lord washes you:

“Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy. He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.” (Revelation 3:4-5)
Nonsense. Who has overcome?

He who believes (faith)
They both work together. You just don’t understand how they work together looking at the big picture.
Then we are saved by grace plus works. Not grace through faith. You have just destroyed the gospel message.
New believers get Grace without works.
Wrong. We are saved eternally by grace through faith. not of works.
Old believers maintain grace by their works through suffering:
lololololol

Oh boy.. If it is of grace It IS NO LONGER OF WORKS OTHERWISE GRACE IS NO LONGER GRACE.

what part of this do you fail to grasp?
“…My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.” (2 Corinthians 12:9-10)

This works hand in hand to defeat sin:

“Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin; That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.” (1 Peter 4:1-2)

Can you handle this strong meat?

You wont be saved because you defeat sin

Your saved because you have been justified of your sin.

If we could save ourselves by defeating sin. Christ came in vein, we had the law. we could just live by it and save ourselves

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, BH, have it your way. Drive on with your faith in "self" and Christ and see where it gets you.

But I will show you again where Paul took Rom. 8:13 from.

Luke 9:23

" And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me."

"Denying self" is denying the self ability to DO of yourself.

"Take up the Cross daily" is taking faith in what Christ did on that Cross for us."

Luke 9:24

" For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it."

"whosoever will save his life" is the one who will do it his way and not surrender to the Holy Spirit.

"whosoever will lose his life for my sake" is the one who will deny his ability and surrenders totally to the Holy Spirit allowing Him to carry out our sanctification through us.

Paul took Rom. 8:13 from the words of Christ Himself.

Just one more thing and I will leave you alone.

This is the bottom line to the words of Christ and Paul.

Rom. 8:14

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God."

Your OP is not teaching us to be led by the Spirit of God!

It’s not about faith in self. It’s obeying the instructions that God has given to us in the Holy Bible. You don’t believe that, and so you must attack those who do seek to obey the Lord (According to His Word).

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many Christians today believe in in Perpetual Belief Alone Salvation-ism.
They think that all you need is a belief alone in Jesus as the Savior and your good to go to enter Heaven.

While we are first saved by God's grace through faith (belief) without works in our Initial Salvation, faith does not remain as a belief alone.

Problem #1. - It ignores tons of warnings given to us on sin, and being fruitful in the Bible.
Problem #2. - It teaches that obedience to enter God's Kingdom is bad.
Problem #3. - There is no consistent standard of morality.
Problem #4. - It's a purely man made doctrine that attempts to call those who do good as bad, and those who do bad as being good.
Problem #5. - Believing a set of facts alone does not really change you.
Problem #6. - Jesus came to save us from our sins, and not to just pay the penalty for our sin.
Problem #7. - It's the wide gate path (“Protestantism / Belief Alone-ism” is the second largest denomination in the world, with 800 million to 1 billion adherents).
Problem #8. - It is a lack of faith in what God's Word says involving God's instructions for our life.
Problem #9. - It's a religion of self or with one being their own god vs. making God (Jesus) the Lord of their life.
Problem #10. - The Bible actually warns against those who believe this way.
Problem #11. - It glorifies sin and darkness.
Problem #12. - It ignores the true purpose of grace. For Titus 2:11-12 says God's grace teaches us to deny ungodliness and that we should live righteously and godly in this present world. Also, see Ephesians 5:25-27.
So...you don't believe that salvation is by Christ alone?

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s not about faith in self. It’s obeying the instructions that God has given to us in the Holy Bible. You don’t believe that, and so you must attack those who do seek to obey the Lord (According to His Word).

Hey, have it your way, BH! I'm finished with it. Said my part on the matter.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

God told us that He sent Jesus into the world so that by the Cross of Christ, we could be restored back into God's Family, and have eternal life.

He has ONE Condition.
If you meet the condition, then you are given God's Salvation.

What is this condition, you must meet?
You have to do the work of God.
What is that work?
Its the Condition you have to meet.

Its this....>"The work of God is that you BELIEVE IN JESUS< WHOM GOD SENT".

See that condition?
To meet it you have to have FAITH. You have to BELIEVE. And if you do, God will accept your faith and give you His Salvation, which is to become a part of God's eternal Spiritual Family, having all your sin forgiven.
God will give you the New Birth, and you are born again into the Spirit of God, by God's Holy Spirit.

See all that?
That is SALVATiON, and its a GIFT, that God gives to all who "by FAITH" "Believe".

Jesus said it this way...."all that believe in me, i give unto them eternal life, and they shall never perish".

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it is of grace It IS NO LONGER OF WORKS OTHERWISE GRACE IS NO LONGER GRACE.

True, but:

“…Be not highminded, but fear: For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.” (Romans 11:20-21)

Why can’t you grasp this?

If we could save ourselves by defeating sin. Christ came in vein

As lost sinners we could not save ourselves nor take away our own sins.

But once we believe and confess our sins, our sins are taken away. And we defeat sin by the power of the Spirit working in us as we walk therein.

So beware lest you tread on your Savior by continuing in sin, because:

“He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?” (Hebrews 10:28-29)

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True, but:
You can;t say it is true, then deny it is true
“…Be not highminded, but fear: For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.” (Romans 11:20-21)
This is talking to the gentile church. God did not spare Israel. when they rebelled. If we turn as a church. He will not spare us either.. He is not talking about induviduals
Why can’t you grasp this?
I do grasp it. If works are involved. It is not of grace It becomes merited favor. which is not grace at all. It is called rewards, or a wage. See romans 4 and abraham, and david.

As lost sinners we could not save ourselves nor take away our own sins.
You can't save yourself today.
But once we believe and confess our sins, our sins are taken away. And we defeat sin by the power of the Spirit working in us as we walk therein.
Yes we do. But like Paul. We still are not perfect. and as john said, if we say we have no sin we decieve ourselves.

The law would still condemn you today where you stand.

as you said earlier..why can't you grasp that
So beware lest you tread on your Savior by continuing in sin, because:

“He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?” (Hebrews 10:28-29)
Beware, less you think more highly of yourself than you are.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nonsense. Who has overcome?

He who believes (faith)

Then we are saved by grace plus works. Not grace through faith. You have just destroyed the gospel message.

Wrong. We are saved eternally by grace through faith. not of works.

lololololol

Oh boy.. If it is of grace It IS NO LONGER OF WORKS OTHERWISE GRACE IS NO LONGER GRACE.

what part of this do you fail to grasp?

You wont be saved because you defeat sin

Your saved because you have been justified of your sin.

If we could save ourselves by defeating sin. Christ came in vein, we had the law. we could just live by it and save ourselves

Romans 11:6 is referring to the works of the Law of Moses. Romans chapters 9-11 is dealing with the salvation of the Jews. The Jews were under the Old Law, and not the Law(s) of Christ (like Paul basically said he was under - See: 1 Corinthians 9:21). Romans 11:6 is also dealing with Initial Salvation seeing Romans chapters 9-11 is dealing with how the Jews needed to be saved by God’s grace (Which is the 1st aspect of salvation in being saved by God’s grace and mercy). For the Jews sought things not by faith but they sought things by the works of the Law. So yes. If you seek to justify yourself by Law Alone Salvationism without God’s grace in your Initial Salvation, then it is no more grace. If it is grace, then it is no more Works Alone Salvationism (or by the works of the Laws of Moses).

You fail to understand that God’s grace teaches us to deny ungodliness and that we should live righteously and godly in this present world (Titus 2:11-12). Paul says in 2 Thessalonians 2:13 that God has chosen you salvation through Sanctification of the Spirit and a belief of the truth (Which is a call of the gospel - verse 14). Grace makes us to labor (1 Corinthians 15:10). Works makes our faith perfect (James 2:22), and a faith without works is dead (James 2:17). A dead faith cannot save anyone. This is why James also says that we are justified by works and not by faith alone (James 2:24).

Paul is referring to Initial Salvation in verses like Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 4:2-5, Titus 3:5, and Romans 11:6. James is referring to Continued Salvation in the Process of the Sanctification of the Spirit in James 2:17-24.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alfred said :
One of the greatest Christians that ever lived wrote these words.
That same Christian wrote,
that which I should I do not and that which I should not I do.

It wholly and totally false to say that any man for any reason can be sinless.
And you, BH, wrote:
Stop quoting men, and quote the Bible.
He did quote the Bible. That was Paul.
"For that which I do, I know not. For what I would do, that do I not; but what I hate, that I do." Romans 7:15

He is a liberal. He hangs out with Catholics, Mormons, and believes in Darwin Evolution.
He does not see sex before marriage as a sin. He does not have a problem with Halloween, and worldly sinful movies, etcetera.

But we are supposed to discount everything he says because you have a problem with his defense of others?

You come across as very aloof--I could be way wrong on this. Am I?

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If works are involved. It is not of grace It becomes merited favor. which is not grace at all. It is called rewards, or a wage. See romans 4 and abraham, and david.

Works are involved after conversion. Otherwise the Bible wouldn’t have any warnings written in it (in any form: parables, doctrine, or otherwise).

You can't save yourself today.

Yes I can:

“Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.” (1 Timothy 4:16)

We still are not perfect. and as john said, if we say we have no sin we decieve ourselves.

This scripture is to those who haven’t been converted yet, because the next verse says (in red):

“If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:8-9)

The Lord is not mocked by a constant confession from stiffnecked sinners who walk all over Him. He is not in the business of ‘wash and repeat’.

“…God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.” (Galatians 6:7)

“Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God…” (Hebrews 10:29)

Beware, less you think more highly of yourself than you are.

Quoting scripture is thinking highly of myself??

That’s a new slander.

Preaching righteousness was likened to pride by another poster recently…

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They think that all you need is a belief alone in Jesus as the Savior and your good to go to enter Heaven.

While we are first saved by God's grace through faith (belief) without works in our Initial Salvation, faith does not remain as a belief alone.

Problem #1. - It ignores tons of warnings given to us on sin, and being fruitful in the Bible.
Problem #2. - It teaches that obedience to enter God's Kingdom is bad.
Problem #3. - There is no consistent standard of morality.
Problem #4. - It's a purely man made doctrine that attempts to call those who do good as bad, and those who do bad as being good.
Problem #5. - Believing a set of facts alone does not really change you.
Problem #6. - Jesus came to save us from our sins, and not to just pay the penalty for our sin.
Problem #7. - It's the wide gate path (“Protestantism / Belief Alone-ism” is the second largest denomination in the world, with 800 million to 1 billion adherents).
Problem #8. - It is a lack of faith in what God's Word says involving God's instructions for our life.
Problem #9. - It's a religion of self or with one being their own god vs. making God (Jesus) the Lord of their life.
Problem #10. - The Bible actually warns against those who believe this way.
Problem #11. - It glorifies sin and darkness.
Problem #12. - It ignores the true purpose of grace. For Titus 2:11-12 says God's grace teaches us to deny ungodliness and that we should live righteously and godly in this present world. Also, see Ephesians 5:25-27.
It is the immature Christian who denies the many many texts which speak of our "reasonable service" of obedience to God's law by we "unprofitable servants". No person on Earth except the sexually deviant is pleased with a habitually unfaithful spouse, and many times only one adulterous affair is enough to warrant a divorce.

Yet, these same hypocrites will argue that God - despite His infinite gift of grace to man by the sacrifice of His dear Son - is worthy of not only their habitual unfaithfulness ,but also of their ire when it is pointed out to them as unBiblical. As with the case of Moses, the people are not so much angry with we who give the message of Conditional Salvation, but with the Messenger of the Covenant. If He were among us today, He'd be condemned as a Legalist.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alfred said :

And you, BH, wrote:

He did quote the Bible. That was Paul.
"For that which I do, I know not. For what I would do, that do I not; but what I hate, that I do." Romans 7:15

But we are supposed to discount everything he says because you have a problem with his defense of others?

You come across as very aloof--I could be way wrong on this. Am I?

To not see a problem in shacking up with liberals is a whole another problem that basically is going down the road of denying the Bible on a level that is illogical and ridiculous.

As for Romans 7:14-24:

Paul spoke these words as a Pharisee who was under the Law of Moses before he came to Jesus Christ. For he asks the question who shall deliver me from this body of death? Obviously those who are a slave to sin are not Christian. For a servant will not abide in the house forever. The point Paul was making that we are to serve in newness of spirit and not in the oldness of the letter (Romans 7:6). For the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus has made Paul free from the Law of Sin and Death (i.e. The Law of Sin and Death = The 613 Laws of Moses because if you broke certain aspects of the Old Law, you could be stoned or killed for it). But Christians today love to twist Paul’s words to justify sin today.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is the immature Christian who denies the many many texts which speak of our "reasonable service" of obedience to God's law by we "unprofitable servants". No person on Earth except the sexually deviant is pleased with a habitually unfaithful spouse, and many times only one adulterous affair is enough to warrant a divorce.

Yet, these same hypocrites will argue that God - despite His infinite gift of grace to man by the sacrifice of His dear Son - is worthy of not only their habitual unfaithfulness ,but also of their ire when it is pointed out to them as unBiblical. As with the case of Moses, the people are not so much angry with we who give the message of Conditional Salvation, but with the Messenger of the Covenant. If He were among us today, He'd be condemned as a Legalist.

Yes, they have their poles reversed. Up is down and down is up. Good is evil, and evil is good. Bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.

They do not have a consistent standard of morality (Although they want good things for their life despite doing evil). But we reap what we sow. Granted, God can help us to change course if we are caught up in false doctrine or sin. That’s what this life is for. To change our ways and turn to God and submit to Him offering our bodies as a willing sacrifice. He deserves nothing less because He loved us so much and gave His only begotten Son for us. But of course the free grace crowd distorts His love and goodness.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phoneman777

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus said it this way...."all that believe in me, i give unto them eternal life, and they shall never perish".

Here you quoted John 10:28.

But when you read this verse, you also have to read and believe the verse before it (verse 27).

“My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:” (John 10:27).

So you have to hear or obey the voice of Jesus in order for the promise of verse 28 to apply. This is the belief in Jesus that He is referring to here. In other words, you cannot rip verses out of context, friend.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 11:6 is referring to the works of the Law of Moses. Romans chapters 9-11 is dealing with the salvation of the Jews. The Jews were under the Old Law, and not the Law(s) of Christ (like Paul basically said he was under - See: 1 Corinthians 9:21). Romans 11:6 is also dealing with Initial Salvation seeing Romans chapters 9-11 is dealing with how the Jews needed to be saved by God’s grace (Which is the 1st aspect of salvation in being saved by God’s grace and mercy). For the Jews sought things not by faith but they sought things by the works of the Law. So yes. If you seek to justify yourself by Law Alone Salvationism without God’s grace in your Initial Salvation, then it is no more grace. If it is grace, then it is no more Works Alone Salvationism (or by the works of the Laws of Moses).

You fail to understand that God’s grace teaches us to deny ungodliness and that we should live righteously and godly in this present world (Titus 2:11-12). Paul says in 2 Thessalonians 2:13 that God has chosen you salvation through Sanctification of the Spirit and a belief of the truth (Which is a call of the gospel - verse 14). Grace makes us to labor (1 Corinthians 15:10). Works makes our faith perfect (James 2:22), and a faith without works is dead (James 2:17). A dead faith cannot save anyone. This is why James also says that we are justified by works and not by faith alone (James 2:24).

Paul is referring to Initial Salvation in verses like Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 4:2-5, Titus 3:5, and Romans 11:6. James is referring to Continued Salvation in the Process of the Sanctification of the Spirit in James 2:17-24.

You have totally misrepresented the word

Romans 9 - 11 is Paul answering the question, Has God made a mistake choosing Israel

No persomn has ever been saved by the law. It requires perfection. No one But Christ attained that feet.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Works are involved after conversion. Otherwise the Bible wouldn’t have any warnings written in it (in any form: parables, doctrine, or otherwise).
Then we are not saved by grace.

We begin in the spirit. but must perfect in the flesh.

And paul calls us fools for even contemplating that.

Yes I can:

“Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.” (1 Timothy 4:16)
lol. My friend. I do not see how you can claim to have repented. you think you have power..

This scripture is to those who haven’t been converted yet, because the next verse says (in red):

“If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:8-9)

The Lord is not mocked by a constant confession from stiffnecked sinners who walk all over Him. He is not in the business of ‘wash and repeat’.

“…God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.” (Galatians 6:7)
IF WE!!!!

John included himself

John told us, If he at that time claimed to be without sin, HE IS DECEIVED.

He also told us to CONFESS our sins when WE SIN

James told us to confess our sins to each other.

Why would two apostles of Jesus Christ tell us as believers to confess our sins, if we HAVE NO SIN?

You have yet to answer that basic question
“Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God…” (Hebrews 10:29)

Quoting scripture is thinking highly of myself??

That’s a new slander.

Your preaching self righteousness my friend. You have yet to confess you are not yet perfect that God is continuing to sanctify you in his grace, that your perfect right standing is in Christ Not in yourself

Paul continued to run that race because he had not yet arrived Why do you think you have arrived??

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IF WE!!!!

John included himself

Now let’s see if your consistent:

“For IF WE sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.” (Hebrews 10:26-27)

The inspired writer included himself!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now let’s see if your consistent:

“For IF WE sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.” (Hebrews 10:26-27)

The inspired writer included himself!

The sin here is the sin of rejecting the gospel.

if you reject the gospel. there IS NO SACRIFICE FOR SINS.

the hebrew people were continually rejecting the gospel and trying to mix law in grace. as doing so. they were WILLFULLY SINNING.

John said, IF WE SAY WE HAVE NO SIN.

There is no way to interpret that to make him say anything else.. John did not say IF YOU or IF THEY

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He also told us to CONFESS our sins when WE SIN

So let’s see how this would work in a real life scenario:

So now here you are! Cleansed from all unrighteousness! Hallelujah!! Praise the Lord!

But then, your flesh says, hey EG, commit this sin please. And you obey it.

So now you have trodden under foot scriptures like this:

“Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.” (Romans 6:12)

And you have mocked God and trodden under foot Christ!

“Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?” (Hebrews 10:29)

But EG is going to do this again:

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:8-9)

So now here you are (again)! Cleansed from all unrighteousness (again)! Hallelujah!! Praise the Lord!

If this isn’t mocking God I don’t know what is…

This scripture may as well read like this:

“Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap (unless he runs back to 1 John 1:9).” (Galatians 6:7)

Then the mocking can continue…

Reactions: Bible Highlighter

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,” (Hebrews 10:26)

The sin here is the sin of rejecting the gospel.

So this was the ONLY sin Christ died for?

The sin of rejecting the gospel?

All other sins remain (like adultery, fornication, theft, murder, etc,)???

See where your foolish doctrine leads you?