The Problems of Perpetual Belief Alone Salvation-ism.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well if you love Christ you will keep it. Which means the commandments are part of the plan. The problem was getting the perfect sacrifice to take away sin, not take away the law.

“If ye love me, keep my commandments.” (John 14:15)

Amen! Keep those Commandments! Keep BOTH of them——#1 Believe. #2 Love.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’ve got some nerve BB.

I called you out for this very thing in posts #91 and #92 in this very thread and you just ignored them.

The Problems of Perpetual Belief Alone Salvation-ism.

S#

I am about 200 posts behind.....I’ll try to get back to set you straight later.....some Nerve , eh? Lol....
You forgot to highlight the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God in 1 Corinthians 6:9. It's the unrighteous who practice such sins and not the righteous. (Galatians 5:19-21; 1 John 3:9) Such were some of you while in their unrighteous state BUT you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God. How did this happen? Through sinless perfection? NO. Through faith in Christ. (Romans 5:1)

One could add that the “ Righteous” one’s, as opposed to the “Unrighteousness” one’s only got That way because Their was a “ Righteousness” That was “ Without the Law” That was IMPUTED to them....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ive noticed that novice religious people, do not understand that the verse you quoted has a context.
Its this.. the UNRIGHTEOUSNESS.....
See that?
And who is the unrighteous? Its everyone who is this..... John 3:36.

And who is the RIGHTEOUS? Its everyone who is born again.

Bloodbought, understands this perfectly.
You, however, dont have a clue, as you are trying to pretend that you can by your lifestyle be as Holy as God.
Your "error of Cain" mentality, that is your theology, is a faith that has nothing to do with the Cross or the Grace of God.
Listen, your legalism, is an insult to the blood of Jesus.
Believe it.

Paul wrote that he loved his Lost Jewish Brothers so much, that he would have himself damned to Hell in their place forever in order to spare them , if it were possible to do so.....The Zeal Of The Jews was unmatched! So what was their problem? Paul said their Damnation was because They insisted upon establishing “ THEIR OWN” Righteousness ( by trying and failing to Keep the Law) instead of submitting to the “ Righteousness” That could only be obtained by doing it GOD’S WAY ! ( Trusting in the Shed Blood Of Jesus it Save them) ....

Getting to Heaven by using the Law or anything else to try “ Justify” Yourself before a Holy God is a “ Fool’s Errand”——If only the Legalists could have the scales removed from their eyes and see the Truth , their lives could be turned around and they would not make the same mistake that the Jews of Paul’s day was doing.....

Here is the Truth that they are Blind to——We can Never “ MAKE ourselves Worthy” Of EternalLife .....We are “ MADE” Worthy by our Faith in the Blood Of The Lamb.....such a simple concept , but Pride blinds so many to something that turns out to be the difference between Heaven and Hell.....

Reactions: Rudometkin

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ONLY “ Righteousness” That YOU or anybody else will EVER know is a “ Righteousness” That is *IMPUTED* to you because of your Faith in Jesus and His Finished Work at the Cross Plus NOTHING !

Reactions: Rudometkin

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

@Eternally Grateful said:

I have been doing this for over 10 years.

I’m about to wrap up a complete Bible reading in 90-days.

How about you? How has your Bible reading been going lately?

What difference does “ this” make ? It doesn’t matter if you read the Bible a million times if you don’t understand it....and you don’t....

There’s probably many Jehovahs Witnesses out there that have read the Bible twice as many times as you....where did it get them.....

The Bible is a very dangerous Book if you don’t have “ eyes to see”....you prove it here everyday....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I bolded the quoted text to address it.

You don’t want to, but you still do, correct?

If so, then the Spirit of God is not in you.

Because that’s what a man in the flesh does:

“For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.” (Romans 7:5)

“For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing.” (Romans 7:19)

But a Christian is here:

“But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you” (Romans 8:9)

And a man in the Spirit does not sin, period:

“…Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.” (Galatians 5:16)

If one is a Christian he is a “ child of God” or a “ son” of God, Right? If Believers never sin why does the Bible say THIS about those “ sons”.......”He chastens and scourges every son he accepts” ....

I guess God just takes pleasure in Chastising His Children who never did anything to deserve it.....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I use the Bible frequently to be strong in the Spirit against sin. I accept the scriptures as written. I understand the complete SCOPE of the gospel that only mature Christians can handle. You’re just a babe that only wants its way no matter how much reasoning out of the scripture is done.

You guys twist this scripture the most:

“For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?” (Hebrews 10:26-29)

I say, Amen!

You say, This cannot mean what it appears to say. I cannot loose my salvation no matter what.

Then the work of scripture twisting happens, or the best scripture twister is consulted.

Yet another confused man who only reads Heb10 out of context and then bases his entire Doctrine on a misunderstanding so easy to figure out by “Rightly Dividing ” a ten year old could see it....frankly , I am sick of trying to explain it to “ Stiff- Necked” Jack- Asses.....
Google “ Andrew Farley Heb 10” and perhaps cure your Inexcusable Ignorance....perhaps.....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, reading the Bible.

Whoopee......Hell will replete with “Bible Readers”.....As I said earlier—-the Bible can be a very dangerous Book....Catholics read the same Bible that I do and look at what “ they “ came up with! .....and Mormons ......and Jehovahs Witnesses....And perhaps the worst of all—- Religionists like you, just like the Lost Jews of Paul’s day....they ignored GOD’S Way Of Righteousness ( Nothing But The Blood) and because of their Pride , decided that they were going to do things “ Their” way——by being “ good enough”...... they accomplished that by bringing down the Laws Of God to a level that they thought they could keep, being ignorant of the fact that if they chose “ that” route ( Law Keeping) to be Saved, the Standard was Perfection....24/7.......May God open their eyes to the Truth...

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Behold

If you sin wilfully after being sanctified by the blood of Christ, you’re out of luck. You have trampled on Jesus.

That is what Hebrews 10:26-29 is telling you.

You should listen to the scripture.

Put on your “Thinking Cap”if you even own one ( I’m betting you don’t)—- almost EVERY Sin you commit is a “ willful one”....
On top of that, you take this verse out of context....
There Are NINE chapters before you get to Chapter 10 and EVERY Chapter deals with one sin and one sin ONLY.....UNBELIEF! THAT was The “ WILLFUL SIN”........Some Jews rejected the Blood Of Jesus as the means of obtaining Forgiveness Of sins and went back to Temple Worship and trusting in the Blood Of animals to get their sins absolved.....This had been the accepted way for the Jews for centuries and it had worked......but NOW, after the Mystery Of The Gospel had been revealed by Paul , there was NO MORE SACRIFICE FOR SIN.....it was the “ Sacrifice “ Of Jesus or Nothing....A ten year old could figure it out....
What is “ your” problem , other than being Stiff- Necked when you have the simple Truth put before you....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I bolded the quoted text to address it.

You don’t want to, but you still do, correct?

If so, then the Spirit of God is not in you.

Because that’s what a man in the flesh does:

“For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.” (Romans 7:5)

“For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing.” (Romans 7:19)

But a Christian is here:

“But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you” (Romans 8:9)

And a man in the Spirit does not sin, period:

“…Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.” (Galatians 5:16)

We “ LIVE” in the Spirit—- that is not the equivalent to always “walking” in that Spirit....
That is why even James-had to admit that we ALL “ Stumble” .....of course, there are those with no Insight and Limited Intelligence who think that they never Stumble .....The Comedian said that “there is NO CURE for Stupid!” , and I tend to agree, but we must not forget that “ With God All things are possible”......Hope springs eternal....

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! From beginning "have been saved through faith" (Ephesians 2:8) to end "receiving the end of your faith--the salvation of your souls" (1 Peter 1:9) salvation is by grace through faith and is not by works. (Ephesians 2:8,9) Sadly, many "professing" Christians today believe in either type 1 works salvation or type 2 works salvation or both and desire to boast in themselves and look down on others. They think belief (faith, trust, reliance) in Jesus Christ alone for salvation (John 3:15,16,18; Acts 10:43; 13:39; 15:7-9; 16:31; 26:18 etc..) is IN-sufficient to save which means they think the OBJECT of our belief (Jesus Christ and His finished work of redemption) is IN-sufficient to save us. Such people believe they must "add" their works, performance, self righteousness, sinless perfection etc.. to Christ's finished work of redemption in order to "help" Christ save them. Yet Christ's finished work of redemption is sufficient and complete to save believers. (Romans 3:24-28) No supplements needed.

I love DAN that you always give scripture.

What I'd like you to clarify for me is what you mean by Christ finished work.

My understanding is that yes when Jesus said it is finished that was the full price for the wages of any sin to whosoever believes on Him. His work is finished and nothing we can do can ever redeem us except by Him.

His finish is just our beginning. We must then study ( not a work), seek his will in the word, pray ( not a work ), ask for light,inspiration of the H. S., in praying & studying to increase our trust and faith. We must listen for his direction and commandments.

He demands our obedience, ( not a work ).
Then HIS commandments to US is to share the gospel and share his love, ( not a work ).

So if your saying we cannot be only good but unsaved, we cannot follow after traditions or rituals of man made doctrines,then I agree.

After we are saved, there is MUCH MORE TO OUR JOURNEY, not by anything we can do but what we allow Him to do through us.

I respect the fact that you remain STEADFAST in His finished work ,but our salvation comes to fruition at the end of our life by being obedient and following Him !

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.

The Bible teaches that the sinner comes with faith alone. And then becomes holy by the removal of his sins. But if he sins willfully afterwards there isn’t another Christ coming to die on the cross for him again. He will be thrown into the lake of fire.

Call it “LEGALISM”, call it what you want, but it’s BIBLICAL!

Let’s call it what it TRULY is—- A “ FALSE and PERVERTED” Gospel Of Works—— and according to Gal1:8 , those that preach it are Damned....Paul’s words, not mine .....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Barely 2 years.

This is the second forum.

The first one is where I “met” @Eternally Grateful and @mailmandan

I was banned from there after about 1,500 posts. The Once Saved Always Saved gang are merciless…

We are not “ Merciless”.....it just seems that way to you ...

Its like when President Truman was accused Of giving his political foes “Hell”......”Not True!” Truman proclaimed —- “ I just tell them the truth and they “think” it is “ Hell”....
Yeah, it’s kinda like that...

If you knew the true me, you would know I am full of mercy for others and I not only Forgive others readily , I find myself EAGER to do so...

It’s a shame that most people here only see the The side of me That is wearing a “ War Bonnet ” ....I am like God in a way—— I just HATE Leaven , legalism and False, Perverted “ Gospels” That try to Usurp the Glory that is ONLY due Jesus......I see myself as God’s “ PIT- BULL” in the Battle against these things.....if that gets your panties in a wad and you think guys like me are “ merciless”, I must confess —- I really don’t give a Rat’s Patootie....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank God I never rejected the gospel nor trampled on Jesus.

I’m very thankful for what my Saviour suffered on the cross for: my redemption.

Sorry, but you “ DO” reject the Gospel—— you reject the First part of it......remember that part where it says that “ Jesus DIED FOR YOUR SINS” .....if that was in your Heart where it belongs , you would be forced to conclude that now there is NO sin that could ever damn you to Hell.....

What you Blind Guides Fail to see is that knowing I can sin and never be damned is the IMPETUS for NOT sinning and Right Living.....Those That are Spiritually Blind can only see this Total Forgiveness as a “License to Sin”......I guess you just have to live it.....Trying to explain what God's Amazing Grace “Really” is and how it can Transform a man’s life by “Trusting ” instead of by “ Trying” is a Herculean Task—— You just can’t explain Grace to those to whom it has never been extended...and they are in BIG Trouble....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.” (Luke 10:25-28).

The proper “ take-away” here is that NOBODY other than Jesus ever *DID* these things....If you are stupid enough to think that you “ DO” these things , well, go out and have a ball !

For those out there with the Brains and the Self- Insight and the Humility to see that we can’t and dint do these things, there is a “ Loop- Hole”——You can Find it in 1Cor 15:1-4...... go there now to discover how to be Saved without having to lie to yourself....

If you really think you “ love your neighbor as much as you love yourself”, why didn’t you buy him a new shirt the last time you bought yourself one....you loved “ yourself “ enough to buy one—- you must not have loved “ him” enough , you lousy Sinner....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Change course if you still sin

Of course ! We all know how Paul responded to the Phillipian Jailer who cried out , “ Sirs, what must I do to be Saved ?” ......To which Paul responded— “ Turn over a New Leaf and thou shalt be Saved!”.....give me a break...

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin is a word taken from the greek word hamarte. It means to miss the mark.

Failing to love is to break the law.

Are you identifying the “MARK”, as failing to love?

If “Love” be the “MARK”, identify my failure.

Sin is also called a tresspass whether your tresspass against God or man.

Sin is man against God. Who can forgive Sin, but God Himself?
Trespasses is man against man. Who can forgive Trespasses of man against man? Man and God.

Eph 2:
[1] And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
[2] Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
[3] Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Mark 9:
[6] But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,) Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house.

Mark.2
[7] Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?

[10] But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,)

Luke.5
[21] And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, Who is this which speaketh blasphemies? Who can forgive sins, but God alone?
[24] But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power upon earth to forgive sins, (he said unto the sick of the palsy,) I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy couch, and go into thine house.

Matt 6:
[14] For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
[15] But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Matt.18
[15] Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
[35] So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.
Mark.11
[25] And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
[26] But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

Excuse it however you want. It is a sin, you MISS THE MARK

I don’t “EXCUSE IT”, as you say.
I do however “UNDERSTAND IT”.

SIN is Against God, and ONLY the Lord God can Forgive that which IS Against Him.

TRESPASSING is man Against man. Absolutely men can Forgive men of Trespassing Against him.

Where IS POWER and AUTHORITY give YOU to FORGIVE SINS of MEN?

You seem to put the MARK “on Love”.
But IGNORE, the greater STRESSED repetitive teaching, of BELIEF.

Man BELIEVE in the Lord God....
Mans FAILURE to BELIEVE, IS mans GREAT SIN Against the Lord God.
Man Lying to God...a Great SIN Against God?
Man Worshiping other gods...a Great SIN Against God?
Man Encouraging man...to reject God...a Great Sin Against God?
Will God FORGIVE a man that LIES to God?
Will God SAVE a man that LIES to God?

IS Man taught to BELIEVE in man?
IS mans failure to Believe in man, mans Great sin Against man?

IS man lying to man, a Great sin of man against man?
IF man lying to man, IS a SIN...WILL God NOT Save that man?
IF ^^ THAT BE SO...then NO MAN could be SAVED.

God forgives men of their SIN OF DISBELIEF, Against God.
Men forgive men of their TRESPASSES, Against men.

If you are forgiving men of SIN against you, you are forgiving men of NOT Believing IN You.

When you equate yourself with the Ability to FORGIVE MEN of SIN...
you make yourself EQUAL with God.

Scripture is Clear, ONLY the Lord God forgives Sin.
Scripture is Clear, Men forgive men of Trespasses.

Men lie to men, Men cheat men, Men steal from men...
It can happen ON Purpose, It can happen Without Intent.
...AND do you KNOW WHY? Bottom line, Men DO NOT KNOW ALL THINGS. Because men DO NOT KNOW ALL THINGS, men can, and are taught to FORGIVE men of “Trespasses”.
...IF your car rams into another mans car, you have trespassed.
...IF you say you WILL repay your borrowed, money, loan, credit, on a certain date, and you don’t, you have lied, you have trespassed.
...IF you say you borrow another’s pen, and walk away with it, you have stolen, you have trespassed.
...IF you purchase and pay, and receive too much change back and keep it, you have cheated and stolen, you have trespassed.
...IF you say to your neighbor Come to your home and eat with you this evening, and your home burns down that afternoon. You have lied. You have trespassed.

Trespassing of man against man, can be intentional or by a man NOT KNOWING all things. YET still it is up to the man, to apologize, to forgive, to correct trespasses BETWEEN men.

Sin Against God, is between ONE man and God.
In other words, No MAN, can FORGIVE another mans SIN of Disbelief, of Lying, of Cheating, of Stealing, Against God.

It is no effect on me, if you believe you have the Power to Forgive SIN.
I stand by my Belief, that SIN is Against God, and ONLY the Lord God has the Power to Forgive SIN.
And man has the power to forgive Trespasses.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you really think you “ love your neighbor as much as you love yourself”, why didn’t you buy him a new shirt the last time you bought yourself one....you loved “ yourself “ enough to buy one—- you must not have loved “ him” enough , you lousy Sinner....

Giggle.

Agree. People have a confusion of what love means, what sin means.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

WalkInLight

Jul 30, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
yeah, those of us who believe eternal life is eternal. That he who began a good work WILL complete it. That when God said we will never die God means it. When God said we have the spirit of the seal as a guarantee or pledge. he meant it

To all legalists. we are merciless

God will be merciless to those who reject his gospel. You better be worried about God. not what myself and anyone else says.

Standing in the middle. The Lord chose some strange people to be our godly examples
Moses - who could not talk well
Samson - who was smitten by Delilah
David - who had blood lust and fell for Bathsheba
Abraham - who gave up on the promise and had Ishmael

These were not legalists but people with passion for truth and justice, to help those in difficulty.
The walk matters above stumbles along the way or difficulties of reconciling how we are coping to what needs to be done.

Legalists and free gracers have the same problem, black marks mean one is not safe. No black marks mean everything is ok.
It is an OCD addiction, I must make that position or all is lost. As a parent you realise this is absurd, because each individual is a mix of ability and inspiration. What matters most is the inspiration drives the person on to their goal, maybe slowly but they make it while the perfectionist or nothing matters folk never even start because for one they always get black marked or they are as well where they are than moving on.

Love language differs in individuals. For some it is saying "I love you", for others it is actions of consideration, for others remembering special occasions etc. It is all about what rocks you heart. People with a heart that is never moved are as good as dead. When a violent individual is cornered often it is their mother who is the only person who can talk them down, because no one else has ever met them truly.

Repentance comes when Jesus meets us in our hearts and we see how broken and confused we, and how much we need His love and reassurance. No matter how it is dressed up, if Jesus has not touched you in your heart, I commend you to ask Him to and meet with Him today.

God bless you

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. You will not find the Bible saying we are sinners saved by grace (Which is another stupid non-existent Protestant saying).

Why do you make this so easy.....NOT that I am complaining !
“ For it is by GRACE that you have been SAVED”.....

I know that In the past I have remarked many times that sometimes in here it’s like “ Shooting Fish In a Barrel , But THIS is just crazy!

Keep up the good work , you great Biblical,Scholar ! Lol....