The Problems of Perpetual Belief Alone Salvation-ism.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, we don't.

I should have qualified my former observations regarding the fact Christians do not work to retain God's free irrevocable gifts of faith and salvation.

Which is absolutely true.

Unless someone believes in the Catholic church.

Therefore, you are correct.
Catholics have to work to stay in the grace of the church .

I am not Catholic or Orthodox. Those churches are false for many other reasons biblically.

I am just a simple born again Christian who believes the Bible alone + the Anointing to Understand It.

Anyways, like many others I have talked with over the past 11 years online, you are not really dealing with the verses I put forth to you, though. You appear to be a follower of the popular Protestant Belief Alone Salvationist camp. Try reading the Bible without them talking in your ear for while and just ask God to help you to understand His Word. I say this because if you were to do that, you would see that they are lying to you. In other words, listen carefully to what Protestants say and examine it with Scripture. Read the whole chapter when they quote a verse or passage. Are they quoting that verse or chapter out of context? Many times they are. They also say many unbiblical things like, “We are saved by a belief alone in the finished work of the cross” when that saying is not even in the Bible. Listen carefully, and then be a good Berean and see if what they say is true. I bet you will find that they are making up a lot of things.

Last edited:

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I am not Catholic or Orthodox. Those churches are false for many other reasons biblically.

I am just a simple born again Christian who believes the Bible alone + the Anointing to Understand It.

Anyways, like many others I have talked with over the past 11 years online, you are not really dealing with the verses I put forth to you, though. You appear to be a follower of the popular Protestant Belief Alone Salvationist camp. Try reading the Bible without them talking in your ear for while and just ask God to help you to understand His Word. I say this because if you were to do that, you would see that they are lying to you. In other words, listen carefully to what Protestants say and examine it with Scripture. Read the whole chapter when they quote a verse or passage. Are they quoting that verse or chapter out of context? Many times they are. They also say many unbiblical things like, “We are saved by a belief alone in the finished work of the cross” when that saying is not even in the Bible. Listen carefully, and then be a good Berean and see if what they say is true. I bet you will find that they are making up a lot of things.
I'm not a member of any denominational church. Just a Bible reading member of the church of Christ, that is the faithful in him and he in us.

There is no passage in scripture wherein Jesus said we are to work to remain saved.

1John 5:4 For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. 5 Who is it that overcomes the world except the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

''They also say many unbiblical things like, “We are saved by a belief alone in the finished work of the cross” ''

Not unbiblical at all. But from the mouth of Christ himself.
John 19:30

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not a member of any denominational church.

But you were no doubt influenced by Protestant Belief Alone Salvationist articles, or videos, or preachers, etcetera because you have the same thinking that they do and you agree with their sayings like we are saved by a belief alone on the finished work of the cross.

You said:
Just a Bible reading member of the church of Christ, that is the faithful in him and he in us.

This no doubt would not be the Church of Christ which has it’s origins with Thomas Campbell.
The problem with this church that I found is that they do not believe we are initially saved by God’s grace without works and they believe water baptism is a salvation issue or means to get initially saved (Which is false).

You said:
There is no passage in scripture wherein Jesus said we are to work to remain saved.

Then you have never read Luke 10:25-28. Jesus agreed with the lawyer that to love God and to love your neighbor is a part of inheriting eternal life and then Jesus gave an example of how to love your neighbor (Which is helping the poor beat up guy on the side of the road).

You said:
1John 5:4 For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. 5 Who is it that overcomes the world except the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

Believing in Jesus or the Son of God is more than just trusting in the person of Jesus for salvation but it is also believing in everything He taught, said, and did. As I pointed out to you before (that you have ignored), Jesus also said, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.” (John 8:51). For naturally if a person is not obeying Jesus, they are not really believing or trusting in Jesus.

You said:
''They also say many unbiblical things like, “We are saved by a belief alone in the finished work of the cross” ''

Not unbiblical at all. But from the mouth of Christ himself.
John 19:30

John 19:30 says,
“When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.”

The popular Protestant saying says,
“We are saved by a belief alone in the finished work of the cross.”

Any honest person can see that these two sentences do not match up.

John 19:30 is dealing with the Provisional Atonement whereby Jesus died for all men’s sins. It does not mean everyone is saved by what He did on the cross. It just means He provided an atonement so that they could be saved if they accept the terms of the contract of the New Covenant (Which is by faith). But faith is not just a belief alone, it also involves the work of faith, too. For by faith Noah built the Ark. If Noah did not build the Ark and he just had a belief alone in God, he would have perished in the flood. A belief alone would not have saved him. Noah had to follow his instructions just as we have to follow our instructions from God. It’s simply unbelief to not obey God in what His Word says.

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
But you were no doubt influenced by Protestant Belief Alone Salvationist articles, or videos, or preachers, etcetera because you have the same thinking that they do and you agree with their sayings like we are saved by a belief alone on the finished work of the cross.

This no doubt would not be the Church of Christ which has it’s origins with Thomas Campbell.
The problem with this church that I found is that they do not believe we are initially saved by God’s grace without works and they believe water baptism is a salvation issue or means to get initially saved (Which is false).

Then you have never read Luke 10:25-28. Jesus agreed with the lawyer that to love God and to love your neighbor is a part of inheriting eternal life and then Jesus gave an example of how to love your neighbor (Which is helping the poor beat up guy on the side of the road).

Believing in Jesus or the Son of God is more than just trusting in the person of Jesus for salvation but it is also believing in everything He taught, said, and did. As I pointed out to you before (that you have ignored), Jesus also said, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.” (John 8:51). For naturally if a person is not obeying Jesus, they are not really believing or trusting in Jesus.

John 19:30 says,
“When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.”

The popular Protestant saying says,
“We are saved by a belief alone in the finished work of the cross.”

Any honest person can see that these two sentences do not match up.

John 19:30 is dealing with the Provisional Atonement whereby Jesus died for all men’s sins. It does not mean everyone is saved by what He did on the cross. It just means He provided an atonement so that they could be saved if they accept the terms of the contract of the New Covenant (Which is by faith). But faith is not just a belief alone, it also involves the work of faith, too. For by faith Noah built the Ark. If Noah did not build the Ark and he just had a belief alone in God, he would have perished in the flood. A belief alone would not have saved him. Noah had to follow his instructions just as we have to follow our instructions from God. It’s simply unbelief to not obey God in what His Word says.
Ah, you're a Legalist.
Which is why you are opposed to Jesus teaching that we are irrevocably in faith and are saved by God's grace. Which is not of ourselves so that, unlike you insist, we cannot boast.

It is impossible to reach Legalists with proper Exegesis.

Thanks for your time.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, justifying a little bit of sin is no different than justifying lots of sin.
Telling others you are a sinner (present tense) saved by God’s grace shows that you have not really changed and it can lead others (even children) to treat God’s grace as a license to sin. In fact, that’s what your view of grace does actually. Your view of grace is not in line with Titus 2:11-12 that says God’s grace teaches us to deny ungodliness and that we should live righteously and godly in this present world. Your view of grace denies Paul’s words when he says, shall we continue in sin so that grace may abound? God forbid. (Romans 6:1-2). But I am sure you have clever ways to deny these verses in God’s Word because you don’t like what they say plainly. Therein is the problem that you will face come judgment day. God will ask you why you do not just believe His word.

Your wrong experience by a false preacher is not the Word of God. Your experience runs contrary to what that Bible verses he loosely referenced actually means.

That preacher no doubt was loosely referencing these verses.

Acts of the Apostles 5:30
“The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.”

Galatians 3:13
“Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:”

1 Peter 3:18
“For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:”

The problem this false preacher did not inform you of is that the Law that is being spoken about in Galatians 3:13 is the 613 laws of Moses. Remember, Galatians 4:10-11 says, “Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.” In Galatians 2:3, Paul says, “But neither Titus, who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised:” So Paul was referencing the Old Law and not the Laws of Christ. But why? Acts of the Apostles 15:1 says, And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.” Acts of the Apostles 15:24 says, “Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:”.

As for 1 Peter 3:18:

It’s talking about the Provisional Atonement (Whereby it is talking about what was taking place when Christ’s died for all men’s sins, and then when He was risen). For it talks about in verse 19-20 about how he went and preached to the spirits in prison.

1 Peter 3:15-20

15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear;
16 having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed.
17 For it is better, if it is the will of God, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil.
18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit,
19 by whom also He went and preached to the spirits in prison,
20 who formerly were disobedient,…”​

Christ dying for the sins of the whole world (even while they were sinful)….

(a) Does not mean they are saved even if they reject Him as Savior (Which would be a sin - 1 John 3:23), and
(b) Does not mean they are saved if they believe in Jesus and continue in their sins in some way. For that would be turning God’s grace into a license for immorality (Jude 1:4).​

So when that false preacher loosely quoted 1 Peter 3:18, he was quoting it out of context to what it was actually saying.

So I am sorry to inform you, but your coming to Christ (with your thinking that you can remain unjust in some way) is simply a false conversion. You did not truly come to the real Jesus Christ of the Bible if you started off thinking this way.

For when I first accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior back in 1992, justifying sin was not even remotely in my mindset. I was seeking forgiveness with the Lord Jesus over my past life of sin, and I wanted to do those things that pleased Him. The idea that I could remain unjust still did not even enter my mind as a possibility. Why? Because he that commits sin is of the devil (1 John 3:8).

Anyways, when I accepted Jesus as my Savior, it was like a light went on inside of me, and I had a love, joy, and peace that I had never known before. When I attended a prayer group, they could not help but to notice my passion and fire for the Lord.

You guys really have a fine art of ripping verses out of context.

If you were to read verses 13, and 14, Paul is speaking of his past life of sin.

“Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did itignorantly in unbelief. And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.” (1 Timothy 1:13-15).

For it is not uncommon for people today to even to talk about a past experience in the present tense.
Paul was the chief of sinners in the sense that he persecuted the church of God. It does not mean he is still continuing to do that sin after coming to Christ.

Even you will admit the words of the context, but you don’t really acknowledge what it actually means. That’s scary.

Why would it? Jesus paid for your future sin, and so you never have to worry about sin ever destroying your soul again. So you can just sin as much as you like or not worry about it all that much. Just live for yourself and your sin on occasion and Jesus is just a second thought in your life. You become the master and not Jesus.

It does not matter if you live perfectly. The fact that you teach that you can sin and still be saved disqualifies you to enter the Kingdom of God because you can lead children to be a two fold child of hell more than you are. Why? Because they got a license to sin. No sin can separate them from Christ and so that gives them a license to sin on some level.

Somehow you just don’t see yourself in abusing grace but that’s what your belief is doing. Justifying a little bit of sin under God’s grace is no different than justifying lots of sin. Your not dealing with sin properly by confessing and forsaking sin. You believe future sin is forgiven you and so there is no real need to treat sin as the Bible does in that it can destroy your soul or the souls of others. You ignore this truth and therein lies the deception or the strong delusion that is going on today.

At the end of the day we must accept the Bible for what it says. You simply don’t accept the words of Jesus on his warning against how sin can destroy your soul (Matthew 5:28-30) (Matthew 6:15) (Matthew 12:37) (Matthew 25:31-46) (Luke 9:62). You are ignore Paul’s warning on how sin can cause you to not inherit the Kingdom of God in Galatians 5:19-21, Ephesians 5:5-6, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, etcetera. You ignore Paul’s warning that to not provide for your own is to deny the faith, and to be worse than an infidel (unbeliever) (1 Timothy 5:8). But if your future sins are paid for by the deceptions of your Protestant teachers, then go ahead and believe their lies over believing the truth of God’s Word (if that gives you comfort). But just know: That comfort is a false hope. Just know. What you believe is not in line with the Bible.

It matters little to me what anyone else thinks.

I know who I am, and who I will always be, a sinner saved by Grace, undeserving of anything from the Lord

Just thankful Christ took upon Himself what I actually deserve.

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Again, justifying a little bit of sin is no different than justifying lots of sin...
Yours is the protracted testimony of the anti-gospel proponents. Like the demons in scripture said of themselves, you, and the others here, are legion.

We know you by your rotted fruit suspended word for word from a withered vine.

You are not nourished by/as fruit of the Spirit.
That is why you all are fixated on your flesh and its parts to save you through the expenditure of your own choices and labors.

The ego,the vanity,the selfishness , the self-centeredness, the self-absorption, all wrapped in what is defined as autotheism.
Self as God.

Because the anti-gospel proponents deny,as you did in your post to me, Jesus finished work on the cross saves.

Legalists!

A symptom of the anti-gospel proponents. You all who insist faith is impotent. And grace can be abused if you don't work to help God keep his word.

That idea is averse even to the very meaning of grace. But you don't know that.

You and your fellow AG proponents insist humans have to work to earn salvation daily. Else ''grace is abused''.

You have to perpetually repent of your sins,every single one, or they're not secure in Christ.And grace is thus abused.

You have to labor,work,to show yourselves approved still to be in God's grace, and on and on.
Because eternal salvation is a lie. As you all insist when claiming ''OSAS'' is a myth.
And then you all claim it is a myth because it gives license to sin.
Which is a lie from the lips of the adversary. Because God's word says those who have eternal life salvation DO NOT make a habit of sinning.
If they do they do not know Jesus and his truth is not in them.

That's true.

As evidenced by the anti-gospel proponents who insist they have to repent perpetually their sins, else they'll lose salvation.
You can choose to lose your salvation just as you think you choose to receive it. That's not Jesus' Gospel.
That's the anti-teaching of his adversary. [''If you're the son of God....'' prove it by your works.]

The teachings that contradict and warp all that Jesus taught and then sealed with his blood to guarantee that eternal salvation covenant. A free irrevocable gift of faith and Salvation from God according to his grace, not our works so we may not boast.

Unlike the anti-gospel doctrinaires whose efforts to defend their false gospel depict continual boasting of and by the flesh.
We must work to stay saved or else. We must constantly repent to stay saved or else. We choose to be saved, we can choose to lose our salvation too. On and on. Boasting of natural man's control.

Working your way to heaven. Because the anti-gospel proponents, again contradicting Jesus' teachings, insist they choose him.
And from there they have to labor [in vain] to keep the salvation they chose for themselves.

That's why you and those others here are wrong.

As you insist the anti-gospel is truth. When in truth it is averse to the truth. Averse to the gospel.

You are not led to salvation by God's call to receive his free irrevocable gift of faith and salvation.
As you tell us over and over when you all insist we you choose to follow Christ.
From the moment you think you can choose to be saved it is the natural next false step to insist you have to choose to retain it by your decision to labor according to what you think are those rules,legalism,that would garner your success.

Works, perpetual begging of forgiveness for every sin,because you believe your sins condemn you. Insisting as you all do that eternal life,salvation, is a falsehood.
All characteristics of ego.

God gifted faith and salvation brings peace to his people.

Anti-gospel doctrine brings stress.

Because the natural man sees something he wants, to live forever, and naturally thinks they are responsible for acquiring it for themselves.
Which is why you and others in the anti-gospel movement denigrate faith and grace.

Your arguments denote stress that labors to remain in a place as a foreigner .
Because you admit you are not saved by grace alone, through faith alone, that are irrevocable gifts of God alone.

No! You choose Jesus. You work to stay saved!
You're wrong.God tells you you're wrong.

And while there may be someone who says in this protracted rebuttal post I can't judge who is saved or not, I'll tell them I'm not saying the anti-gospel proponents, the 'we choose' Jesus, we work to remain approved/saved crowd are not in Christ, led by God to Jesus, gifted eternal irrevocable salvation by grace alone, are not in Christ.

They are.

[Typo fix]

Last edited:

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because the anti-gospel proponents deny,as you did in your post to me, Jesus finished work on the cross saves.

It takes your sins away upon believing the gospel of it.

This makes you clean and holy.

But then you can choose two paths:

The new path of continuing in the faith grounded and settled (Colossians 1:23) and obeying righteousness (Romans 6:16).

Or returning to the pollutions of the world and becoming even worse off than before you were saved (2 Peter 2:20; Matthew 12:45) obeying sin unto death (Romans 6:16).

Choose wisely.

The lake of fire is always a possibility oh proud man.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is an example out of English:

Bob says to Rick on the phone,
“So I walked my dog the other day
and he escaped from my leash, and ran away.”
Rick answers,
“Oh man. Did you find him?”​
This sentence is a part of the English speaking world and it is not improper grammar. It’s pretty common actually for people to write these kinds of things.

That's nice. And I have absolutely no idea what this has to do with what we're talking about. It just sounds like supercilious, wannabe intellectualism to me.

You gave a response to what you believe those Bible verses say

Not really. You made an end run around what I was trying to say. You respond according to your processed interpretation of what is being said rather than to what is actually being said.

I gave you an answer on what I believe the Bible really says.

And I thank you for your opinions on what the Scripture means.

But "The reason why a believer in Judaea is told not to travel on the Sabbath is because it would draw too much attention by the surrounding Jews who were resting that day" is not "what the Bible really says," whether you believe it or not.

It does not matter or not whether you asked a question. You gave a teaching that does not exist based on these verses, and my reply or answer in return was based upon the most reasonable scenario or explanation based on what the text actually says.

I know that you don't care about what matters to other people. That is painfully obvious in your communication.

And I gave no teaching at all. I just made some observations.

The law Paul is speaking of in Romans 7 is the ten commandments. That cannot be gainsaid.

But I never said that it was a positive command to keep the Sabbath.

And I never said Matthew 24:20 was, either.

You're dismissing what you see as claims of proof in others' presentations of mere evidence, while mere evidence suffices quite nicely to substantiate your own claims about Scripture. It's sad that you can't see that.

And of course, you would say that your interpretation of any Scripture is "the most reasonable scenario or explanation based on what the text actually says" because you value your perceived interpretive abilities as one would value an idol. It is evident in practically every word you type.

The admins are very accepting of differing views so you must be having a very good time. I remember you said when you first got here that you were banned or shunned or something at other forum websites. But I can see why you had so much trouble before. So many of your posts begin with words like:

"You still don't get it..."

You speak much of disagreeing in the love of Christ, but talk is cheap, my friend.

You respect no one else's opinions or interpretations but your own. Deny it all you like. The proof of the pudding is in the eating. You insult people's intelligence constantly. There is disagreement and then there is disagreeableness.

And I might as well mention that you needlessly trash and trample the 4th commandment of God in every post with your bloated, self-promoting signature. I hope you don't have to meet that in the judgment. I hope you can be forgiven for that which you don't realize you're doing.

If you don’t accept my reply or answer, that is your choice (of course).

I thank you for your permission to exercise my right to religious liberty.

The dry, academic, Christless gospel you are expressing will not attract any who hunger and thirst after righteousness.

You can't even resist trashing a brother in Christ's testimony.

You called "He was nailed to that tree for yours sins, the just for the unjust" false preaching.

You need to repent of your condescending, judgmental spirit.

And I know that you disagree and that this is likely to be seen as a character attack.

Reactions: Blue Dragonfly's

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You acted like Adam was saying that was the only two warnings on apostasy in the Bible by your reaction because you quoted Revelation 14:9-12 as if he missed something.
And you have a very active imagination.
His point was not exhaustive to ALL of the big warnings on apostasy and you criticized that fact (When that was not the point of his video to cover all of the warnings on apostasy). So your just nitpicking. Your repeating the words here does not undo your criticism (Which was misplaced).
Mind-reading and critiquing of my "criticism" which was just stating facts.
Is that what you really think? That he does not take the subject seriously?
Are you God to judge his heart and life and his thoughts?
What impression within his video gave you this line of thinking?
Or is that just your own thinking or imagination working over time?
More mind-reading
Your way of thinking (in that we don’t have to obey God or do anything for Him) can easily lead Christians into turning God's grace into a license for immorality (Especially children).
My way of thinking?

Your presumption knows no bounds.

You clearly know nothing about Adventist theology and soteriology.

This is why the Protestant Belief Alone Salvation belief is evil. It creates men like George Sodini who murdered a bunch of people, and who took his own life all while he thought he was saved by having a belief alone on Jesus as the Savior.

To learn more about George Sodini, check out this article here:

O.S.A.S. – THE WATCHMAN'S CRY
George Sodini doesn't have a patent on using content from the Bible to do great harm to people and to the cause of Christ.
While believers are changed in the new birth whereby they have a new heart, with new desires, that does not mean that they are forever changed to the point whereby they are not warned by other faithful believers to do good and to continue in the faith, and God’s grace, etcetera.
That's a mighty big straw man you've built there.
Notice what Paul says above here. He says to Titus that he is to affirm CONSTANTLY in that they who believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. Why would Paul say that if their born again experience will just over-ride their free will (i.e. Calvinism) whereby it forces them to do good works in this life or because they are changed? In other words, Paul is writing to born again believers and he desires Titus to AFFIRM CONSTANTLY to those who have believed to be careful to maintain good works. He did not say to affirm constantly the grace of God only and not to do anything and your born again experience will just one day magically work it out for you someday.
And here's a bigger one.
These things would not exist in Scripture if things are as you say.
Brother, you don't know me at all.

But I can't seem to break through your know-it-all disorder.

Reactions: Blue Dragonfly's

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It rings hollow, Brother. :(

Talk is cheap.
Talk can often be cheap . But do heed this . NEVER ONCE ENTER INTO COVENANT of any kind with THE CC and her all inclusive we are one unity delusion . That is the DELUSION that is fast sweeping many right into a convenant with the second death and perditon of ungodly men .
AND THAT IS A FACT .

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Talk can often be cheap . But do heed this . NEVER ONCE ENTER INTO COVENANT of any kind with THE CC and her all inclusive we are one unity delusion . That is the DELUSION that is fast sweeping many right into a convenant with the second death and perditon of ungodly men .
AND THAT IS A FACT .
No worries there, Brother. ;)

Reactions: amigo de christo

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
IF anyone is living in washington state they better hide their small birds , we have us MOTHZILLA in town .
This thing is HUGE my friend .

No mention in that report of that Asian moth species being a threat to birds.
Did you mean to post that in this thread? It's off topic.

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
No , i was just being funny when i said that . That thing is huge .
Pretty too.
The Goliath moth doesn't eat birds. :pursuit:

The Goliath spider does. :r.u.n:
4oJMSFKBAMjPpzrwnxULA8-650-80.jpg.webp

Though I like spiders and wouldn't actually run if I saw one.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From the moment you think you can choose to be saved it is the natural next false step to insist you have to choose to retain it by your decision to labor according to what you think are those rules,legalism,that would garner your success.
m
So are we born again against our own will?

Do you believe it is necessary to walk or abide in Christ?

m

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
m
So are we born again against our own will?
Is that what you think Jesus taught?
Because that's not at all what the Bible says. Nor have I said it.

Do you believe it is necessary to walk or abide in Christ?

m
When we're indwelt with his holy spirit that's what happens. We are a new creation. No longer dead in our sins.