The Problems of Perpetual Belief Alone Salvation-ism.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, you're a Legalist.

Not at all. I just follow what God’s Word says, and I believe His Word clearly teaches two aspects of salvation.

We are…

#1. Initially saved & foundationally by God’s grace without works (Ephesians 2:8-9).
#2. Chosen by God to salvation through Sanctification of the Spirit and a belief of the truth (2 Thessalonians 2:13).

full

full

But the problem in today’s version of popular Christianity is this:

Isaiah 26:10 NKJV
“Let grace be shown to the wicked, Yet he will not learn righteousness; In the land of uprightness he will deal unjustly, And will not behold the majesty of the LORD.”

You said:
Which is why you are opposed to Jesus teaching that we are irrevocably in faith and are saved by God's grace. Which is not of ourselves so that, unlike you insist, we cannot boast.

We are not irrevocably in the faith. That’s false, my friend.

We are told:

“...We are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end.” (Hebrews 3:13-14).

"Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life." (Jude 1:21).

"...be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life." (Revelation 2:10).​

We are told to:

1. Continue in the grace of God (Acts of the Apostles 13:43).

2. Continue in the faith (Acts of the Apostles 14:22) (Colossians 1:23).

3. Continue in his goodness, otherwise we can be cut off (just like the Jews were cut off) (Romans 11:21-22).

Then there is Titus 3:8. It says,

This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.”

When was the last time you heard preachers even affirm CONSTANTLY to you that you might BE CAREFUL to maintain good works. Why are preachers today not affirming constantly to you to be careful to maintain good works to you? They are not even teaching you about good works let alone affirming constantly to be careful to maintain good works.

It’s because we are in the last days as described in 2 Timothy 3:1-9.

You said:
It is impossible to reach Legalists with proper Exegesis.

Thanks for your time.

Sounds like an excuse to sin or disobey God to me. Titus 2:11-12 says God’s grace teaches us to deny ungodliness, and that we should live righteously and godly in this present world. Paul said he was able to labor more abundantly than all his brethren because of the grace of God within him (1 Corinthians 15:10). Meaning, grace gives you the ability to do the work (or good works). Meaning, faith that works by love (Galatians 5:6). Just as the woman who could not stop kissing Jesus’ feet because her many sins were forgiven. He that is forgiven little loves little. So if we are not loving others by our deeds, it is because we have been forgiven little. To be forgiven of a lot, means we will love a lot. If your view of God’s Word was truly correct, then you will teach it. For we are to preach the Word out of season and in season. You will not do it just for my benefit but for the edification for all believers. For a person who comes across this forum looking for truth will not be able to find it from you because you refused to help out. This simply shows that your belief is simply not defensible with the Scriptures. It would be too embarrassing for you to defend a sin and still be saved type belief (Which is what Belief Alone Salvationism ultimately leads to).

In any event, may God’s good ways shine unto you (Whether we agree on Scripture or not).

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Not at all. I just follow what God’s Word says, and I believe His Word clearly teaches two aspects of salvation.

We are…

#1. Initially saved & foundationally by God’s grace without works (Ephesians 2:8-9).
#2. Chosen by God to salvation through Sanctification of the Spirit and a belief of the truth (2 Thessalonians 2:13).

full

full

But the problem in today’s version of popular Christianity is this:

Isaiah 26:10 NKJV
“Let grace be shown to the wicked, Yet he will not learn righteousness; In the land of uprightness he will deal unjustly, And will not behold the majesty of the LORD.”

We are not irrevocably in the faith. That’s false, my friend.

We are told:

“...We are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end.” (Hebrews 3:13-14).

"Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life." (Jude 1:21).

"...be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life." (Revelation 2:10).​

We are told to:

1. Continue in the grace of God (Acts of the Apostles 13:43).

2. Continue in the faith (Acts of the Apostles 14:22) (Colossians 1:23).

3. Continue in his goodness, otherwise we can be cut off (just like the Jews were cut off) (Romans 11:21-22).

Then there is Titus 3:8. It says,

This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.”

When was the last time you heard preachers even affirm CONSTANTLY to you that you might BE CAREFUL to maintain good works. Why are preachers today not affirming constantly to you to be careful to maintain good works to you? They are not even teaching you about good works let alone affirming constantly to be careful to maintain good works.

It’s because we are in the last days as described in 2 Timothy 3:1-9.

Sounds like an excuse to sin or disobey God to me. Titus 2:11-12 says God’s grace teaches us to deny ungodliness, and that we should live righteously and godly in this present world. Paul said he was able to labor more abundantly than all his brethren because of the grace of God within him (1 Corinthians 15:10). Meaning, grace gives you the ability to do the work (or good works). Meaning, faith that works by love (Galatians 5:6). Just as the woman who could not stop kissing Jesus’ feet because her many sins were forgiven. He that is forgiven little loves little. So if we are not loving others by our deeds, it is because we have been forgiven little. To be forgiven of a lot, means we will love a lot. If your view of God’s Word was truly correct, then you will teach it. For we are to preach the Word out of season and in season. You will not do it just for my benefit but for the edification for all believers. For a person who comes across this forum looking for truth will not be able to find it from you because you refused to help out. This simply shows that your belief is simply not defensible with the Scriptures. It would be too embarrassing for you to defend a sin and still be saved type belief (Which is what Belief Alone Salvationism ultimately leads to).

In any event, may God’s good ways shine unto you (Whether we agree on Scripture or not).
We are irrevocably saved. God said it for us to accept and believe it.
Men for centuries have denied the power of God. That does not invalidate the eternal irrevocable covenant of God.

If a Christian loses faith,stumbles, God doesn't leave them. They are still his redeemed and he is still their father.
If we in our choices ,which are limited by God's sovereign dominion could overcome what God called irrevocable,permanent,inviolable, Jesus sacrifice would afford temporary conditional reprieve.
If we lose faith as some wrongly think we are condemned and return to our former state, when there is nothing in scripture that states that, and we were to repent later, having list our salvation as some think, Jesus would have to be crucified again. And again. And again.

Because his death the first time was impermanent and its covenant revocable.

That's not the truth.

John 6
John 10

Proverbs 16:9 A man's heart plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.

Proverbs 16:33The lot is cast into the lap, but the decision is the LORD's alone.

''And whoever sees me sees him who sent me. ''

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, you're a Legalist.
Which is why you are opposed to Jesus teaching that we are irrevocably in faith and are saved by God's grace. Which is not of ourselves so that, unlike you insist, we cannot boast.

It is impossible to reach Legalists with proper Exegesis.

Thanks for your time.
many people have tried before you.

They can not hear.

Reactions: Blue Dragonfly's

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are irrevocably saved. God said it for us to accept and believe it.
Men for centuries have denied the power of God. That does not invalidate the eternal irrevocable covenant of God.

If a Christian loses faith,stumbles, God doesn't leave them. They are still his redeemed and he is still their father.
If we in our choices ,which are limited by God's sovereign dominion could overcome what God called irrevocable,permanent,inviolable, Jesus sacrifice would afford temporary conditional reprieve.
If we lose faith as some wrongly think we are condemned and return to our former state, when there is nothing in scripture that states that, and we were to repent later, having list our salvation as some think, Jesus would have to be crucified again. And again. And again.

Because his death the first time was impermanent and its covenant revocable.

That's not the truth.

John 6
John 10

Proverbs 16:9 A man's heart plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.

Proverbs 16:33The lot is cast into the lap, but the decision is the LORD's alone.

''And whoever sees me sees him who sent me. ''

You first have to deal with the verses I presented before offering your own. This will show that you are accepting the whole counsel of God’s Word and your not just cherry picking certain Bible verses out of context to the rest of the Bible. Anyways, I have been with a lot work lately and may not give a reply until maybe next week or the week after. There is a lot going on right now. So if I don’t answer right away (that is the reason). But I still want to give a proper answer with Scripture for you involving your quote of Ephesians 2:8-9 back in your other post. I will also attempt to give a reply to the new verses you presented, as well (When I have time and Lord willing).

May God bless you (even if we disagree on Scripture).

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

They can not hear.

Right. We will not hear imaginary Protestant Belief Alone Salvationist sayings as of it over rides tons of verses in the Bible. Your camp never properly explains the plain meaning of tons of verses that refutes your belief. Most just don’t even deal with the verses and those who do simply twist those verses out context to the rest of the chapter or the rest of the Bible.

But let grace be shown to the wicked and yet he will not learn righteousness (See Isaiah 26:10 NKJV).

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right. We will not hear imaginary Protestant Belief Alone Salvationist sayings as of it over rides tons of verses in the Bible.

@Blue Dragonfly's this is why people like highlighter can not hear. Not only do they distort the word of God. But they can not even interpret what people believe.

No one here than I know of preaches “belief alone” salvation. He has only been told this on multiple occasions yet he refuses to hear.. Thats why some of us no longer will respond to him.

Reactions: Blue Dragonfly's

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You first have to deal with the verses I presented before offering your own. This will show that you are accepting the whole counsel of God’s Word and your not just cherry picking certain Bible verses out of context to the rest of the Bible. Anyways, I have been with a lot work lately and may not give a reply until maybe next week or the week after. There is a lot going on right now. So if I don’t answer right away (that is the reason). But I still want to give a proper answer with Scripture for you involving your quote of Ephesians 2:8-9 back in your other post. I will also attempt to give a reply to the new verses you presented, as well (When I have time and Lord willing).

May God bless you (even if we disagree on Scripture).
I did deal with your verses. You cherry pick scripture to make your point when the Gospel in total can be synopsized in a few sentences. While the gospel is the whole body of truth.

God leads whom he calls to himself his son. And imbued us with his holy spirit that we understand the gospel that is of and from the spirit.
We whom are called are so by God's grace that bestows within us faith and salvation eternally.

That's it. That's God's word.

It is contradictory to say we don't work to become saved but we have to work to stay saved.

When God told us our faith and salvation are of his grace. And are free and permanent.And he will not lose a one of us. But we insist that's not true because we can choose to leave? And in return God breaks his word and leaves us? When that was never in his word.

We accept the gift because the gospel informs us of our fallen state. The natural human dead in our sins unable to understand the things of the spirit.
When God opens our eyes we realize this life isn't what we thought. There's more. And so too are we.
We learn this because like what happened to Saul the Pharisee,legalist, our eyes are opened after we follow the lead of the spirit we would never hear save for God's grace.

Why would anyone insist lesser humans need help God keep his word to us?

After he shed his blood as one of us and resurrected,overcame death, to show us the flesh is the illusion. The holy spirit within is eternal.
And so too is his covenant with us.

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

They can not hear.
True. We know this.The Bible tells us the natural man woman cannot understand the things of the spirit.

Its why they try to talk us out of our understanding. And we in turn try to talk them into our understanding.

It's our compassion.

But it's all God's will. We can't overcome that. No matter who we are. The sinner or the saint.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did deal with your verses. You cherry pick scripture to make your point when the Gospel in total can be synopsized in a few sentences. While the gospel is the whole body of truth.

God leads whom he calls to himself his son. And imbued us with his holy spirit that we understand the gospel that is of and from the spirit.
We whom are called are so by God's grace that bestows within us faith and salvation eternally.

That's it. That's God's word.

It is contradictory to say we don't work to become saved but we have to work to stay saved.

When God told us our faith and salvation are of his grace. And are free and permanent.And he will not lose a one of us. But we insist that's not true because we can choose to leave? And in return God breaks his word and leaves us? When that was never in his word.

We accept the gift because the gospel informs us of our fallen state. The natural human dead in our sins unable to understand the things of the spirit.
When God opens our eyes we realize this life isn't what we thought. There's more. And so too are we.
We learn this because like what happened to Saul the Pharisee,legalist, our eyes are opened after we follow the lead of the spirit we would never hear save for God's grace.

Why would anyone insist lesser humans need help God keep his word to us?

After he shed his blood as one of us and resurrected,overcame death, to show us the flesh is the illusion. The holy spirit within is eternal.
And so too is his covenant with us.

Now you are either lying or you don’t listen too well. You did not explain the verses I put forth to you. You did not explain at least 2-3 of my works for salvation verses (after we are saved by grace) and you did not explain Isaiah 26:10, Hebrews 3:13-14, Jude 1:21, Revelation 2:10, Acts 13:43, Acts 14:22, Colossians 1:23, Romans 11:21-22, Titus 3:8, 1 Timothy 3:1-9.

Explaining the verses means offering a commentary or your own words of how these verses align with the popular Protestant sin and still be saved belief. Give it your best shot. But I will not be holding my breath you will do so that would make any kind of rational sense on what the context says.

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Now you are either lying or you don’t listen too well. You did not explain the verses I put forth to you. You did not explain at least 2-3 of my works for salvation verses (after we are saved by grace) and you did not explain Isaiah 26:10, Hebrews 3:13-14, Jude 1:21, Revelation 2:10, Acts 13:43, Acts 14:22, Colossians 1:23, Romans 11:21-22, Titus 3:8, 1 Timothy 3:1-9.

Explaining the verses means offering a commentary or your own words of how these verses align with the popular Protestant sin and still be saved belief. Give it your best shot. But I will not be holding my breath you will do so that would make any kind of rational sense on what the context says.

I understand why you are incapable of understanding.
And would call liars those who do understand.
Have a good day.

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
@Blue Dragonfly's this is why people like highlighter can not hear. Not only do they distort the word of God. But they can not even interpret what people believe.

No one here than I know of preaches “belief alone” salvation. He has only been told this on multiple occasions yet he refuses to hear.. Thats why some of us no longer will respond to him.
It's likely why those who are like him no longer respond to some of us. They're dead in sin, unable to understand the things of the spirit. They attempt to rationalize the scriptures and make it all about themselves as co-redemptors with God.
Ego,pride, self.

We can't let ourselves be upset by their behaviors. Though I admit I can become impatient with blasphemers and those who in malace and spite wilfully mock God and his word.

We know they do that hoping to get a rise out of us. But even Jesus had a temper when witnessing deliberate offense against God. So we can't be too hard on ourselves.

They don't understand. They'll never understand unless the holy spirit changes them.
He hasn't yet. Which is why some of them use vulgar language to defend their doctrine and are mad.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BarneyFife said:
Don't you think you think you should be more specific with these precious souls you're trying to reach about what it actually means to be 'doing what God says' and to 'believe everything in your Bible?'
Exactly .

The point of this thread is recognizing the problems in Perpetual Belief Alone Salvationism. This thread is not about what BarneyFife wants to make it about. The type of works we are to do would be another topic of discussion for another thread. One has to refute the false teaching of a person’s view of sin and salvation before they can move on to doing a specific work. Good works will only benefit the person who has a correct view of sin and salvation. Most today do not have a correct view of God’s plan of salvation today.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It matters little to me what anyone else thinks.

It’s not what I think. It’s what God’s Word says, and your belief is not in line with the Bible.

You said:
I know who I am, and who I will always be, a sinner saved by Grace, undeserving of anything from the Lord

Just thankful Christ took upon Himself what I actually deserve.

You need to demonstrate these particular sayings here using the Bible.
The problem is: You will not find any verse or passage that speaks in this way (Which shows your belief is unbiblical).

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law Paul is speaking of in Romans 7 is the ten commandments. That cannot be gainsaid.

Romans 7 is dealing more than the ten because Paul hints at the problem of “Circumcision Salvationism” in Romans 3:1, and Romans 4:9-12 (See: Acts of the Apostles 15:1). Even in another letter to the Galatians Paul points out that when he refers to the Law it is the whole thing (Note: This would not be the Laws of Christ given to us by Jesus and His followers in the New Testament). This is evident that when Paul spoke against the Law, it included how we are not to keep certain months, days, or years (Galatians 4:10-11). Paul said if you seek to be circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing (Galatians 5:2). So when Paul spoke negatively of the Old Law, it was the whole thing (i.e. the Torah or the 613 Laws of Moses given to Israel) (Note: Granted, again certain laws - like the moral laws like do not murder, do not steal have been repeated or carried over into the Laws of Christ). Paul basically implies that if you necessitate one aspect of the Old Law
(that no longer applies) like circumcision, you need to keep the whole thing (or all of it).

“For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.” (Galatians 5:3).

Paul says we are to serve in newness of spirit and not in the oldness of the letter (Romans 7:6).

Romans 13:8-10

"Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if
there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.”

So loving your neighbor fulfills the Old Law.

You said:
But I never said that it was a positive command to keep the Sabbath.

And I never said Matthew 24:20 was, either.

So you no longer believe we have to keep the Saturday Sabbath as Seventh Day Adventists teach?

You said:
And of course, you would say that your interpretation of any Scripture is "the most reasonable scenario or explanation based on what the text actually says" because you value your perceived interpretive abilities as one would value an idol. It is evident in practically every word you type.

I am not saying I am not infallible when it comes to
interpreting God's Word.
I have changed my views multiple times on things over the years.

What theological things were you mistaken about in your growing knowledge of God's Word?

I am just basically saying that the Sabbatarian interpretation Matthew 24:20 is not valid - IMHO (In my humble opinion). This is because Christians are not under the Old Law or the Saturday Sabbath. Colossians 2:14-17 makes this fact very clear. There are also no Sabbath commands, and no Sabbath day breaking sins listed in the New Testament, either. Acts 15 at the Jerusalem council would have been a prime opportunity to tell the Gentile Christians in how they must also keep the Saturday Sabbath, but that point was never brought up because it simply not a part of the Laws of Christ or the New Covenant way. Christians gathered on the first day of the week in Scripture (Sunday), and they did not gather on Saturday to fellowship (with just themselves alone). Now, they did go to the Jewish synagogues on Saturday to evangelize, but that was evangelism and not fellowship (among the brethren only).

You said:
The admins are very accepting of differing views so you must be having a very good time. I remember you said when you first got here that you were banned or shunned or something at other forum websites. But I can see why you had so much trouble before. So many of your posts begin with words like:

I was banned at ChristianChat.com. I noticed people who did nothing wrong were banned there a lot. I even talked with another poster personally in how they were banned there wrongfully. So I imagine a lot of people were banned there wrongfully. Nobody told me why I was banned. But I believe I made an OSAS lady upset because I passionately defended against Eternal Security. I asked the admin of the site why I was banned and they never got back to me as to the reason why. It just seems like if you do not believe a certain way there, then you are banned. I always strived to speak in love and respect and so it had nothing to do with that.

I was not banned on any other Christian forum.

I posted for a few years on one Christian forum in the beginning, but it was getting too dark there spiritually. So I moved on.

Another forum I posted at later was ChristianForums.com.
As of today's date I posted 39,861 writings or posts there. I was not banned.
I moved on because they prevented any discussion involving the King James Only issue because of my passionate defense on that topic. Granted, I now label myself as Core KJB and not KJV Only, though (Because I do use Modern Translations and not the KJB alone). The KJB is simply my core foundation as my guide for all matters of faith and doing the work of faith.

You said:
You respect no one else's opinions or interpretations but your own. Deny it all you like. The proof of the pudding is in the eating. You insult people's intelligence constantly. There is disagreement and then there is disagreeableness.

I am willing to disagree on many different topics involving the Bible.
But when it comes to sin and salvation, this is one we cannot disagree on.

And I might as well mention that you needlessly trash and trample the 4th commandment of God in every post with your bloated, self-promoting signature. I hope you don't have to meet that in the judgment. I hope you can be forgiven for that which you don't realize you're doing.

The 4th commandment was good for the Israelite under the Old Covenant.

You said:
You can't even resist trashing a brother in Christ's testimony.

You called "He was nailed to that tree for yours sins, the just for the unjust" false preaching.

You need to repent of your condescending, judgmental spirit.

And I know that you disagree and that this is likely to be seen as a character attack.

So do you believe a person who has an experienced with Buddha is saved and converted and it is wrong for us to speak against such a thing?

Again, there is a right way to do things involving the Lord Jesus, and there is a wrong way.
Charlie24 came to the Lord Jesus thinking he could declare he was a sinner (present tense) saved by God's grace when that is not a teaching in the Bible. The preacher was taking pieces of Scripture out of context to justify that we are sinners (present tense) saved by grace. Charlie24 believes in the false view that Jesus did it all for him and so all his future sin is paid for. This means that he has a license to sin on some level (Which is what Jude 1:4 warns us against). 1 John 1:7 basically says you have to walk in the light
(love your brother - 1 Jhn 2:9-11) for the blood of Jesus to cleanse you from all sin.

In Luke 18:9-14, the Tax Collector was referring to his past life of sins when he spoke in the present tense. He was not speaking how he was sinning in the moment or he was going to sin again or that being a sinner was forever part of who he was for all time.

Titus 2:11-12 says God's grace teaches us to deny ungodliness and that we should live righteously and godly in this present world.

1 Peter 4:18
“And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?”

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand why you are incapable of understanding.
And would call liars those who do understand.
Have a good day.

You said, I quote: “I did deal with your verses.” ~ Blue Dragonfly.

But you did not deal with the verses I put forth to you by explaining them.
You only gave new verses of your own that defends your belief and that's not explaining the ones I gave you.

Granted, I know I quoted a lot of verses, and I am not expecting you to deal with all of them. But if you explained at least 2 or 3 of them I think that would be fair to at least show your belief is biblical and it makes sense. So that is why I said you were either lying or you did not understand what I said. I was not just throwing a mindless accusation around. In other words, you have not truly dealt with the verses I put forth to you. One set of verse does not undo another. We need to explain all of God's Word (even the verses we don't like to hear).

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So you believe works play a part of salvation (so as to one day enter the Kingdom), too?
Or do you believe Sanctification (holy living) is a part of salvation?

Most people seem to be arguing against my OP here and so you don't appear to understand what has been going on in this thread.
Most here hold to the Protestant lie that they are saved by a Belief Alone in Jesus or the finished work of the cross plus nothing else.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's likely why those who are like him no longer respond to some of us. They're dead in sin, unable to understand the things of the spirit. They attempt to rationalize the scriptures and make it all about themselves as co-redemptors with God.
Ego,pride, self.

So work out your salvation with fear and trembling means what to you in Philippians 2:12?

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yours is the protracted testimony of the anti-gospel proponents. Like the demons in scripture said of themselves, you, and the others here, are legion.

We know you by your rotted fruit suspended word for word from a withered vine.

You are not nourished by/as fruit of the Spirit.
That is why you all are fixated on your flesh and its parts to save you through the expenditure of your own choices and labors.

May the Lord Jesus bless you.

The ego,the vanity,the selfishness , the self-centeredness, the self-absorption, all wrapped in what is defined as autotheism.
Self as God.

It is not selfishness to obey God's Word and His instructions for us within His Word.
Jesus says we are to deny ourselves and pick up our cross and follow Him.
I believe that is the opposite of self, friend.

You said:
Because the anti-gospel proponents deny,as you did in your post to me, Jesus finished work on the cross saves.

Show me what verses you are referring to here when you make these kinds of statements. Is there another apostle or believer who spoke words like this?

You said:
Legalists!

So what do you make of Jesus when He said if you love me, keep my commandments?
Do you have an explanation for that?

A symptom of the anti-gospel proponents. You all who insist faith is impotent. And grace can be abused if you don't work to help God keep his word.

Faith is actually believing your whole Bible (Which would include the instructions the Lord Jesus gave us).

You said:
You and your fellow AG proponents insist humans have to work to earn salvation daily. Else ''grace is abused''.
You have to perpetually repent of your sins,every single one, or they're not secure in Christ.And grace is thus abused.

I believe we should only confess individual sin when it arises and we don't have to figure out all the sins we committed in our old life to confess. Only new sins that may come up (after receiving Jesus as one's Savior) do we have to confess to be forgiven of such a sin. See 1 John 1:9, 1 John 2:1 (cf. Proverbs 28:13).

You have to labor,work,to show yourselves approved still to be in God's grace, and on and on.

Titus 2:11-12 says grace teaches us to deny ungodliness and that we should live righteously and godly in this present world.
1 Corinthians 15:10 says that Paul labored more than his brethren but it was not himself but the grace of God within him.
Meaning, grace gives a person the ability to do the work (i.e. good works).

You said:
Because eternal salvation is a lie. As you all insist when claiming ''OSAS'' is a myth.

Yes, OSAS is a myth.
See my next post below and please look at the verses.

You said:
And then you all claim it is a myth because it gives license to sin.
Which is a lie from the lips of the adversary. Because God's word says those who have eternal life salvation DO NOT make a habit of sinning.
If they do they do not know Jesus and his truth is not in them.

That's true.

So what standard of holy living is required to show you have been saved?
So you believe holy living is a part of salvation then?

Last edited:
Reactions: Wynona