The Proof of Salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem with the world is not that we love people too much....but that we love so little. I am not here to judge a person by their opinions. People who put labels on others and judge them have failed the test of love.

When Jesus accepted the prostitute...was He condoning her sins? Or was He loving her because HE IS love?

He was loving her and converting her. He told her to leave her sinful lifestyle.

But you just said to leave a mormon in their sinful religion.

Matthew 7:22
22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All isms come from men. One ism will justify itself over another. But this is not the way of love. We don't judge people for errors in their beliefs....but if they love or not. God will NOT judge us on the accuracy of our beliefs or opinions.

That is not to say that there is not truth. But even those who hold the truth...if they do so without love then they are holding it in unrighteousness. God prefers someone who loves and has his doctrine wrong than the other way around.

Did Jesus only those who had correct doctrine?

Notice how powerful is the seduction of a false religion that is empty....having no love for others.

The Bible says we are to rebuke and correct those in error. What you're saying is embrace them. The churches of revelation condemn that thinking.

You cannot quote anywhere in the bible that says love is more important than truth.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He was loving her and converting her. He told her to leave her sinful lifestyle.

But you just said to leave a mormon in their sinful religion.

Matthew 7:22
22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’

A religion isn't sinful until it imposes itself on others. That's when error becomes sin. You may decide to do this...but this makes what you are doing far worse. The bible says...judge not! It doesn't say...get the right beliefs or perish. And nowhere are we told to judge people based on their take on things.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Bible says we are to rebuke and correct those in error. What you're saying is embrace them. The churches of revelation condemn that thinking.

You cannot quote anywhere in the bible that says love is more important than truth.

You are missing love entirely from your assessment of the board member here. We correct the people we know...who are open to that correction. Our relationship must go far beyond...corrector and correctee. That is what judges do. A cold judgment as you advocate.

The truth IS love....and we are to speak the truth ONLY in love.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A religion isn't sinful until it imposes itself on others. That's when error becomes sin. You may decide to do this...but this makes what you are doing far worse. The bible says...judge not! It doesn't say...get the right beliefs or perish. And nowhere are we told to judge people based on their take on things.

Well, mormonism actively evangelizes.

So if religion teaches error that does not permit people being saved it is OK as long as it does not evangelize. Tell me where you got that nonsense from.

If your going to quote the bible about judging quoted it all, not your parsed version.

To better understand you what denomination are you part of? Being in Montreal I suspect it is a very liberal one that cannot withstand examination.

You are not offering any verses it back you.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are missing love entirely from your assessment of the board member here. We correct the people we know...who are open to that correction. Our relationship must go far beyond...corrector and correctee. That is what judges do. A cold judgment as you advocate.

The truth IS love....and we are to speak the truth ONLY in love.

This is a debate board. The act of joining says you better be open to challenge.
The truth is many things, at love being just one. Truth being far more important.

I had been in the position of a judge and hiring judges. Love, excuses and such are not what decisions are based on. They are based on law, facts and due diligence. Big mistake trying to pull that on me.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I met a Mormon once who had the Holy Spirit. I was very shocked because I thought it could not be possible.

Then they were not a mormon in fact, only in name.

Historically Mormons were chrismatic in some mormon sects are still today, that just like some still practice polygamy.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I met a Mormon once who had the Holy Spirit. I was very shocked because I thought it could not be possible.
You'd be amazing what you see, when you look with Christ-like eyes to see :)

I've studied dozens of different denominations, and on thing that always strikes me when I'm listening to them and hearing worship, is how in each group I have found people who honestly love God with all their heart/mind/soul, and dedicate every fiber of their beings to Him, and are truly endued with His grace & love.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a debate board. The act of joining says you better be open to challenge.
The truth is many things, at love being just one. Truth being far more important.

I had been in the position of a judge and hiring judges. Love, excuses and such are not what decisions are based on. They are based on law, facts and due diligence. Big mistake trying to pull that on me.

I think you should reconsider what you have stated here.

The truth is you deserved death because of whose child you were. Without love, no man would ever be saved.

If truth were more important than love, where would you be? The truth, but without love, would CONDEMN you...and we see that speaking the truth without love does just that. It condemns people.

I'm at a loss for any more words. You seem to not know anything about the weightier matters, like mercy, without which, you would be born only to die.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only proof of salvation (that can't be duplicated by the outer man) is that we love. We are saved BY love in order TO love. Too simple? This is the simplicity which is in Christ.

How will people know that our gatherings are of the people of God? By the love that warms the gathering. You will know them by their love! What is the fruit of the Spirit? Love.

Just any kind of love? No. Human love is selfish. But God's love is selfless.

Faith takes us to God...and the God sends us back into this world equipped with His love.
"Hereby we do know that we know Him if we keep His commandments. He that saith, I know Him, and keepeth not His commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in Him." - 1 John 2:3-4

"Love worketh no ill to his neighbor: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law." - Romans 13:10

The way we know we love God and our neighbor is if we are keeping God's Ten Commandments. If we say we love God but break any of the first four, or say we love our neighbor but break any of the last six, we are drawing near to Christ with our lips and honoring with our mouths, but our hearts are far from Him and we are following man made precepts and ideas.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you should reconsider what you have stated here.

The truth is you deserved death because of whose child you were. Without love, no man would ever be saved.

If truth were more important than love, where would you be? The truth, but without love, would CONDEMN you...and we see that speaking the truth without love does just that. It condemns people.

I'm at a loss for any more words. You seem to not know anything about the weightier matters, like mercy, without which, you would be born only to die.

Love is part of truth, but not superior to it.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love is part of truth, but not superior to it.

Paul said all knowledge is nothing without love and that love is more excellent and a better waythan even the greater gifts. The whole first part of the chapter is him putting love higher than everything, even knowledge (truth). Can you teach us better than Paul?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul said all knowledge is nothing without love and that love is more excellent and a better waythan even the greater gifts. The whole first part of the chapter is him putting love higher than everything, even knowledge (truth). Can you teach us better than Paul?

I've read it. Love is taught within the context of the truth and the gospel.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bah, are you just talking to hear yourself?

Paul says love is more excellent and a better way than even all knowledge (truth). You say it is not. Why should anyone listen to you over Paul?