The Proof of Salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness .....love.
love is a BYPRODUCT of salvation it was his love that kept him on the cross but it is by the grace of God we are saved not saved by love.the scripture above follows salvation .yes we should have Love

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I read this and left.. I don't debate my beliefs nor do I disregard or belittle others beliefs. But, unless it was moved, my page says Christian Theology forum so I came back.

@Episkopos great thread. Always enjoy when you share(teach). Bless you!

Thank you for your kind words. You are as a ray of Son shine! :)

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
love is a BYPRODUCT of salvation it was his love that kept him on the cross but it is by the grace of God we are saved not saved by love.the scripture above follows salvation .yes we should have Love

What is grace? Isn't it love, kindness, mercy? Can you really say grace and love are different things?

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is grace? Isn't it love, kindness, mercy? Can you really say grace and love are different things?
i said love is a byproduct of grace..i only go by scripture if it wasnt for his love grace would not be.. i simply go by what paul wrote in Ephesians even in Romans justified ..if you can show me scripture that says by love have you been saved . it would have to be like cake mix it takes all ingredients

Reactions: Acolyte

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i said love is a byproduct of grace..i only go by scripture if it wasnt for his love grace would not be.. i simply go by what paul wrote in Ephesians even in Romans justified ..if you can show me scripture that says by love have you been saved . it would have to be like cake mix it takes all ingredients

Maybe it would help me to understand you if you define both what you think love is and what you think grace is.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you must not have read my post when i said love is a byproduct of grace ..should i change scriptures that says saved by grace through faith..to saved by love through faith... to me that like saying were saved by faith Love is there love is the cause of grace love is not favor Grace is the bible says Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord or does it say Love? the love comes after

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you must not have read my post when i said love is a byproduct of grace ..should i change scriptures that says saved by grace through faith..to saved by love through faith... to me that like saying were saved by faith Love is there love is the cause of grace love is not favor Grace is the bible says Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord or does it say Love? the love comes after

Do you understand what a definition is? Yes, I read where you said love is a byproduct of grace. Its not a definition you gave. What is love and what is grace? You certainly don't have to answer, but no, you did not give definitions of love and grace.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here is a case for love: God's ways are far above our own. (And this includes we believers and unbelievers who are also human.)

Now religion gets a hold of this statement and thinks....it is non-believers that are not like God but in fact I am like God. (since they see themselves practically like God because of the promise of the serpent in the garden that they shall be as gods in their own eyes).

So religion makes God common...and ordinary...just like people...but only people that agree with the way we think.

But true faith sees God in His distance and greatness. Faith fears God. God is far above ALL humans. Faith doesn't need to reduce God to something I can possess for myself. God remains free, transcendent and sovereign.

So then we have more in common with the worst sinners in the world than we do with God. (I'm speaking of believers in and of themselves)

When we come down from our ivory towers we see we are just human...it is Christ in us that makes us special. So then God is above all of us...far above. In that way I can identify myself with all other humans.....being so similar to them. Together we look to God who is high above.

If we judge others then....we are judging ourselves....since we have almost everything in common with all other people. The difference is Christ.

And the most intolerable thing for the religious in our midst...is that God can do as He wants. He can have mercy on the ungodly of any race or creed. HE decides....not we. So then to love others is really to give ourselves a chance to escape being the worst kind of hypocrite.
A hypocrite justifies himself in that his belief in God makes him so different from all other humans that he becomes like God...able to judge. But God is love. Hypocrites only love themselves and those who support them. God loves those who are infinitely different than Him and infinitely inferior to Him. Why? Because He is love....and He commands us to do the same.

Last edited:

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just said you've read it. Why then are you asking for the verse...?

The passage is 1 Cor, chapter 13.

To ensure we were talking about the same thing.

The chapter most assuredly says we need love in combination with other things. But it does not say love is superior to truth. The greatest being love is restricted to three things, not including truth.

You have elevated love higher than the bible says.

12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

False love has no value. Love of the wrong things is destructive.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is a case for love: God's ways are far above our own. (And this includes we believers and unbelievers who are also human.)

Now religion gets a hold of this statement and thinks....it is non-believers that are not like God but in fact I am like God. (since they see themselves practically like God because of the promise of the serpent in the garden that they shall be as gods in their own eyes).

So religion makes God common...and ordinary...just like people...but only people that agree with the way we think.

But true faith sees God in His distance and greatness. Faith fears God. God is far above ALL humans. Faith doesn't need to reduce God to something I can possess for myself. God remains free, transcendent and sovereign.

So then we have more in common with the worst sinners in the world than we do with God. (I'm speaking of believers in and of themselves)

When we come down from our ivory towers we see we are just human...it is Christ in us that makes us special. So then God is above all of us...far above. In that way I can identify myself with all other humans.....being so similar to them. Together we look to God who is high above.

If we judge others then....we are judging ourselves....since we have almost everything in common with all other people. The difference is Christ.

And the most intolerable thing for the religious in our midst...is that God can do as He wants. He can have mercy on the ungodly of any race or creed. HE decides....not we. So then to love others is really to give ourselves a chance to escape being the worst kind of hypocrite.
A hypocrite justifies himself in that his belief in God makes him so different from all other humans that he becomes like God...able to judge. But God is love. Hypocrites only love themselves and those who support them.

What about what god is above all else... Just.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To ensure we were talking about the same thing.

The chapter most assuredly says we need love in combination with other things. But it does not say love is superior to truth. The greatest being love is restricted to three things, not including truth.

You have elevated love higher than the bible says.

False love has no value. Love of the wrong things is destructive.

I strongly disagree that the passage does not elevate love above knowledge/ truth. I think it plainly does.

Who was talking about false love? You confused me there...

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I strongly disagree that the passage does not elevate love above knowledge/ truth. I think it plainly does.

Who was talking about false love? You confused me there...

Nowhere does it elevate love. Stressing it to be important does not make it more important than other things.

Many cults say they love but do not in truth.

Look at calvinism. They talk about love while declaring people created for the sole purpose of going to hell. Is that love?

Too many people use words too loosely.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again, I strongly disagree the passage does not elevate love above knowledge. In fact, I think simple reading comprehension shows this.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Of course, God is always with me, here, in this room, here, in my heart, my constant companion, so I'm not alone.

I find that faith is what allows me to be in this intimacy with Him.

Faith is what causes me to know that any way that's not His way will only end in tears.

God is above all else, and He has made me to live with Him where He is.

And it is from there, I believe, that we can truly love.

Much love!
Mark