The Proof of Salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Bible is training wheels? Wow! We sure have different perceptions of Scripture!
I think he is saying that one is like they are on training wheels as to the Bible until the do not need the training wheels so to speak.
Noting to do with that the Bible is training wheels at all.

Reactions: Episkopos

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are 19 pages in, and you have not only fought the very idea, you have denied it, and cannot come to agree with it, that is, you have not agreed with Him.

Of course Jesus' words are spiritual, but that doesn't deprive them of their meaning, to be reformed by "private spiritual revelation" into something else, even to the point of making them say the opposite of what they do.

These kinds of mental gymnastics are what I do not agree with.

What I cannot agree with is your claim to know better than what I read in the Bible. To which you continue to reply that I simply can't understand, don't want to, and am against Christ.

So there ya go.

Much love!
mark

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think he is saying that one is like they are on training wheels as to the Bible until the do not need the training wheels so to speak.
Noting to do with that the Bible is training wheels at all.

But the bible serves as training wheels until one has that spiritual connection.

Actually episkopos wrote that the the bible (sic) serves as training wheels until . . .

I remember what happened when I was a kid and I could balance my bike without the training wheels. We removed them. No more training wheels. And I guess no more Bible. Now we have divine revelation!

This is what I love about forums. You can go back to the actual words . . .

I think what he really was saying is that I'm just a kid on training wheels because I hold the Bible supreme over all.

Much love!
Mark

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course Jesus' words are spiritual, but that doesn't deprive them of their meaning, to be reformed by "private spiritual revelation" into something else, even to the point of making them say the opposite of what they do.

These kinds of mental gymnastics are what I do not agree with.

What I cannot agree with is your claim to know better than what I read in the Bible. To which you continue to reply that I simply can't understand, don't want to, and am against Christ.

So there ya go.

Much love!
mark
Then you have learned very little.

Did not Jesus explain His parables? Did God not say that this is the means by which He would speak? Of course both are true, but you have not heard or taken it to heart, and now you argue against their explanations, and have the wrong idea.

When and if you are willing to listen (and take to heart), the object of all parables (the means by which God speaks) is never the subject - never. So...all of these things you have been reading are mostly not about what you think. You have been taking things at face value, which has no value except to aid the children of God in their time of tribulation and to confound the wicked, but otherwise offers no profit, unless you get off the object and see what is written for the subject (which, again, is never the same).

If you want the truth from God, you are going to have to go back and read it all again...in a new light, not in the darkness of the worldly object therein.

But, don't misunderstand, I am not advocating "private spiritual revelation." Not even. No, on the contrary...by reading the word of God at face value and only considering the object of what is written - that is what you are doing...and I am just trying to show you there is also a subject to what is written that is not apparent to the worldly way of thinking, that must be spiritually discerned, or in the case of Jesus and the parables, must be explained - even to the apostles, which you would gladly quote without realizing that it all had to be explained to them too - because even they could not understand at face value.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
is not apparent to the worldly way of thinking, that must be spiritually discerned

It's your assumption that This is how I read the Bible. But you have no foundation from which to come to that conclusion. Only that I compare your words to the Bible, and find the Bible contradicts what you say.

You continue - continue - to come back to try to impeach my comments without actually refuting them. You continue to equate your statements with God's, in saying if I disagree with you, it's just disagreeing with Jesus. Right. Of Course!

You are in fact promoting "private spiritual revelation".

or in the case of Jesus and the parables, must be explained

You've stated the entire Bible is a parable, and therefor must be explained. Which mean to understand anything from the Bible, you have to disregard what it says in favor of what someone - you - says it means.

And that I do not do. I read the Bible, I trust in God to reveal to me His Truths from the Written Word. And if I cannot point to the passage and say, Here is where God says such and such . . . Well, for that there would be no Authority.

Much love!
Mark

Reactions: brakelite

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's your assumption that This is how I read the Bible. But you have no foundation from which to come to that conclusion. Only that I compare your words to the Bible, and find the Bible contradicts what you say.

You continue - continue - to come back to try to impeach my comments without actually refuting them. You continue to equate your statements with God's, in saying if I disagree with you, it's just disagreeing with Jesus. Right. Of Course!

You've stated the entire Bible is a parable, and therefor must be explained. Which mean to understand anything from the Bible, you have to disregard what it says in favor of what someone - you - says it means.

And that I do not do. I read the Bible, I trust in God to reveal to me His Truths from the Written Word. And if I cannot point to the passage and say, Here is where God says such and such . . . Well, for that there would be no Authority.

Much love!
Mark

Much love!
Mark
If all this had been a book report or reading test, you have failed. You have misquoted me, left out much of what was instructed so long ago in the scriptures, and misunderstood both me and God. And now with indignation, still signing off under the false pretense of love.

Obviously you remain in what Paul referred to as "the elementary principles of Christ" and "the basic principles of the world", noting that it [then] was time to "press on" to "perfection." You have picked up on some of the writings, but stopped have short of the fullness thereof. That was two thousand years ago and you have made no advancement.

As you will then. So be it.

michaelnicko

Mar 8, 2019
Brea
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only proof of salvation (that can't be duplicated by the outer man) is that we love. We are saved BY love in order TO love. Too simple? This is the simplicity which is in Christ.

How will people know that our gatherings are of the people of God? By the love that warms the gathering. You will know them by their love! What is the fruit of the Spirit? Love.

Just any kind of love? No. Human love is selfish. But God's love is selfless.

Faith takes us to God...and the God sends us back into this world equipped with His love.
the spirit of the lord is upon me he has anointed me with a great miracle I am a living witness I have stood in the presence of the lords spirit I have seen the heavens open up and the church of god coming down upon me salvation is alive and among us.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If all this had been a book report or reading test, you have failed. You have misquoted me, left out much of what was instructed so long ago in the scriptures, and misunderstood both me and God. And now with indignation, still signing off under the false pretense of love.

Obviously you remain in what Paul referred to as "the elementary principles of Christ" and "the basic principles of the world", noting that it [then] was time to "press on" to "perfection." You have picked up on some of the writings, but stopped have short of the fullness thereof. That was two thousand years ago and you have made no advancement.

As you will then. So be it.

Amazingly, this is completely non-responsive, once again, to what I had written, simply more personal insults.

I'm sorry you are not able to see the reality of my love. My greatest wish for you is to have a full and deep knowledge of our Lord, and to know the kind of amazing and wonderful life He gives. I'm certain you feel you do, though without a Risen Lord, physically risen from the dead ones, we would all still be in our sins, according to 1 Corinthians 15. I expect that you have a way to change the meaning of that, and it breaks my heart.

Let's talk turkey here.

I've been making every good effort I felt I could and should to try to provoke you into hearing what you are saying, about other members, myself, God, the Bible, and the way you go about interpreting the Bible, it will mean whatever you want it to. But Jesus said that its Truth that sets you free. All else is bondage.

I'm here because I do love you. My hope is to impart a spiritual blessing, to impart Grace to those who read my words. That is why I always sign with

Much love!
mark

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amazingly, this is completely non-responsive, once again, to what I had written, simply more personal insults.

I'm sorry you are not able to see the reality of my love. My greatest wish for you is to have a full and deep knowledge of our Lord, and to know the kind of amazing and wonderful life He gives. I'm certain you feel you do, though without a Risen Lord, physically risen from the dead ones, we would all still be in our sins, according to 1 Corinthians 15. I expect that you have a way to change the meaning of that, and it breaks my heart.

Let's talk turkey here.

I've been making every good effort I felt I could and should to try to provoke you into hearing what you are saying, about other members, myself, God, the Bible, and the way you go about interpreting the Bible, it will mean whatever you want it to. But Jesus said that its Truth that sets you free. All else is bondage.

I'm here because I do love you. My hope is to impart a spiritual blessing, to impart Grace to those who read my words. That is why I always sign with

Much love!
mark
Your actions prove you wrong.

We are now on page 20 of you speaking against Love ("God is love"), whom is spirit, whom is perfect, whom I have been telling you about, and you do not want to hear it.

And, again, you are wrong: "Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God."

Reactions: Helen

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lo
Then you have learned very little.

Did not Jesus explain His parables? Did God not say that this is the means by which He would speak? Of course both are true, but you have not heard or taken it to heart, and now you argue against their explanations, and have the wrong idea.

When and if you are willing to listen (and take to heart), the object of all parables (the means by which God speaks) is never the subject - never. So...all of these things you have been reading are mostly not about what you think. You have been taking things at face value, which has no value except to aid the children of God in their time of tribulation and to confound the wicked, but otherwise offers no profit, unless you get off the object and see what is written for the subject (which, again, is never the same).

If you want the truth from God, you are going to have to go back and read it all again...in a new light, not in the darkness of the worldly object therein.

But, don't misunderstand, I am not advocating "private spiritual revelation." Not even. No, on the contrary...by reading the word of God at face value and only considering the object of what is written - that is what you are doing...and I am just trying to show you there is also a subject to what is written that is not apparent to the worldly way of thinking, that must be spiritually discerned, or in the case of Jesus and the parables, must be explained - even to the apostles, which you would gladly quote without realizing that it all had to be explained to them too - because even they could not understand at face value.
Love it when he says there will come a time when I’ll no longer speak to you in parables

Reactions: ScottA

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We are now on page 20 of you speaking against Love ("God is love"), whom is spirit, whom is perfect, whom I have been telling you about, and you do not want to hear it.

Jesus knew this, that’s why he naild it to a tree

Reactions: ScottA

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually episkopos wrote that the the bible (sic) serves as training wheels until . . .

I remember what happened when I was a kid and I could balance my bike without the training wheels. We removed them. No more training wheels. And I guess no more Bible. Now we have divine revelation!

I think what he really was saying is that I'm just a kid on training wheels because I hold the Bible supreme over all.

Much love!
Mark
Jesus is supremely over all... the Bible is just paper and words till the Spirit gives discernment.

Reactions: Helen

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Scott the only living martyr left to defend the faith. LOL

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Much love!
Mark
But you have only miss interpret what he is saying I believe.

No one can bypass the Bible and anyone who try's that game will fail.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just remember that the Bereans were noble...but unbelievers. A person who always looks to chapter and verse is a babe in Christ at the most. The bible points us to Christ...who IS the word. But the bible serves as training wheels until one has that spiritual connection. After that the Spirit AND the word are BOTH indicators of what God is saying. The bible says a lot of things. The devil uses the bible too.
I come across this type of person rattling on about Chapter and verse, as if they were truly educated to the subject and I am like saying hang on hang on do you have a handle of the whole of the book as to such that you are making out of such a verse.
They just learn to rattle off such things by rote that they have been indoctrinated in. sadly they think themselves smart as to remembering the verse. but Satan uses such as a tool of his as well, making himself look good in front of dilettantes.

One can only have spiritual eyes to truly understand what the Bible is saying, fact is that before such the Bible can not be seen clearly for what is truly being said, so when an atheist reads, he will not get anything out of it as he is dead to the Holy Spirit and all is just rubbish to him, not to mention that he thinks one who does understand, then he thinks you are an idiot or a simpleton chasing down pixies not to mention the tooth fairy. so he has no idea at all because he is just a ignorant dolt much like a wild bore.

I know of people claiming to be Christians nowadays but they think little of the Bible but what they are is denomination believers, they believe in their Church group of modern day gibberish, that's only trying to fit in with the World and not God. it's like father x says this and The Pope says this and that, but I say you must read your Bible because many will try to lead you astray.

I have seen Satan worship straight up first thing said in Church, it was like bang ! it hit me directly and I got riled, how is this firs up he priest says, You are all awesome ! :eek::confused: if I am awesome I am out of here :rolleyes: I don't need God, do I ? then priest says to turn to all beside you and tell them that they are awesome:oops:o_O haha what a joke !
Then one day I hear a woman say will you be here next year and priest said who knows with his job, o_O Job ? I thought that it was a vocation :confused: . years ago he would of been tossed out of the Church on his arse directly by the people within, but this mob just swallow anything.:(

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lo

Love it when he says there will come a time when I’ll no longer speak to you in parables
Indeed. That which was to be facilitated by the Holy Spirit, which was His promise of Christ. But many stop at the written word and even use it against that promise. The irony is, there is so much that is written of it, from Jesus' woe to the lawyers for taking away the key of knowledge and hindering those who would enter in, to Paul who preached leaving behind the elementary principles of Christ, that we should go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation, which is the word. But many seem to be blind to it, employing the spirit of anti-Christ which had begun from that time when the Spirit was first sent, even until now, prolonging the days.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus knew this, that’s why he naild it to a tree
Yes, and why He did not commit His flesh to the Father, but only His spirit. Which should be a clear indication that His resurrection was of the flesh, but His ascension of His spirit, showing the two acts to be completely different. But the flesh wars against the spirit and seeks its own glory.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott the only living martyr left to defend the faith. LOL
Worth a chuckle, yet the elect are actually like the sands of the seashore in number. But every generation remains under the shroud until He who restrains is taken out of the way.