The Race Question is a Godly Question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

brakelite

I have already shown FROM SCRIPTURE that the descendants of Ham were NOT black Africans but ARABS -- (excluding Iran which is Persia. Persians are not Arabs).

View attachment 6973

The curse on those Middle Eastern nations was already applied in Bible history (e.g. the Canaanites were meant to be utterly destroyed by Israel), and since the introduction of Islam it has been a curse on the Arab world. And the Arabs were the first slavers also.

While the Bible did not condemn slavery outright, it did not encourage slavery by Christians either, since in the Body of Christ all are brothers and sisters. Slavery was generally a result of warfare. But the slavery which existed in the West was something else. What should not have happened is a Civil War to address slavery. That was plain stupid (and evil).
Yeah, I get that. I was just arguing from strangers perspective. Slavery in the South was predicated on the assumption that God approved of the subjugation of the black folk, based I suspect on the very same assumptions that stranger is making regarding the curse upon Ham and his descendants.

B

brakelite

Slavery is of God. Slavery is the natural position and state of man. You serve God or satan. You can cry all day long that you are not a slave of either, but you are.
Except there is a vast difference between forced submission and being used as cattle, bred like pedigree bulls.... And voluntary servitude.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, I get that. I was just arguing from strangers perspective. Slavery in the South was predicated on the assumption that God approved of the subjugation of the black folk, based I suspect on the very same assumptions that stranger is making regarding the curse upon Ham and his descendants.

Slavery was world wide. It was once in the north.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except there is a vast difference between forced submission and being used as cattle, bred like pedigree bulls.... And voluntary servitude.

Are you a slave of God, or not? Are you bought and paid for? How about God? Does that make Him a slave Master? Owner?

Better not tell the Southern Poverty Law Center or God will be on the 'hate list'.

Stranger

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Cush is Ethiopia. See again post #(26) Blacks are descendants of Ham.
That is simply Fake News. You should personally check out all the nations descended from Ham AS STATED IN THE BIBLE (and as I have already clarified, and you refuse to believe it). I do not have an axe to grind, and we are to rightly divide the Word of Truth.

The Bible does not really tell us from where many nations and ethnic groups descended although we know that they all came through the sons of Noah. For example, we have no idea about those from the Far East (Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, etc.) It is the same for Africa (other than North Africa).

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If a person is a Christian there should be no 'race question' we are equal in God's eyes as we should be in each others.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think "race" was made to always exist, (quite obviously) and that we will always be aware of it. (a reality of life) We ARE different, and that is how God made us. But, it is what we each do with that realism that I imagine God cares about.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I once read that the earth from which God fashioned Adam was made up of a mix of colours and that's why there are so many different tones of skin colour.

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is simply Fake News. You should personally check out all the nations descended from Ham AS STATED IN THE BIBLE (and as I have already clarified, and you refuse to believe it). I do not have an axe to grind, and we are to rightly divide the Word of Truth.

The Bible does not really tell us from where many nations and ethnic groups descended although we know that they all came through the sons of Noah. For example, we have no idea about those from the Far East (Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, etc.) It is the same for Africa (other than North Africa).

Oh really. You say now, 'the Bible does not really tell us'. But before you were adamant that you showed that Scripture shows the descendants of Ham were not black Africans. See post #(56).

Who is 'fake news' now?

You now want to plead the Bible as ignorant of these peoples that came from Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

Admit it. You bought into the gospel of the world. Thus you hate the truth concerning this issue. Like most other Christians. Now you are crawfishin.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a person is a Christian there should be no 'race question' we are equal in God's eyes as we should be in each others.

So why did God choose the Jews? Why did God not allow Paul to go to Asia and instead send him to Europe? (Acts 16:6-10) I know. Just don't read it. Better yet, find a Bible that has taken it out. God wouldn't do that...cause we are equal...right?

And, by the way, what does equality have to do with it? Are you saying on the basis of 'equality' you reject the prophecies of Noah concerning Shem, Ham, and Japheth?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think "race" was made to always exist, (quite obviously) and that we will always be aware of it. (a reality of life) We ARE different, and that is how God made us. But, it is what we each do with that realism that I imagine God cares about.

So, Noah spoke out of turn. God was not in what Noah said. Noah just needed to understand that we are all different. Foolish him. After all, he was probably still hung over. What does God care what he said?

Stranger

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Admit it. You bought into the gospel of the world. Thus you hate the truth concerning this issue. Like most other Christians. Now you are crawfishin.
The funny thing about racism is that it can back fire. While white supremacists such as yourself believe that they are superior to blacks, the Chinese and Japanese believe that westerners are barbarians and that they are superior to them. The evidence is all around us.

There are probably more Japanese vehicles in North America than American cars, and almost all the jobs and production facilities of America are now in China (who holds a huge American debt load). When you walk into any store, the goods are primarily from China or Asia. Also Islam is winning against the West because Western politicians were too stupid to recognize what Jihad means. So what does that tell you?

B

brakelite

So why did God choose the Jews? Why did God not allow Paul to go to Asia and instead send him to Europe? (
Good didn't choose the Jews... He chose Abraham. And the reason was to use him, his descendants, as a vehicle through which He could
  1. Reveal to the world His true character and
  2. Bring forth the Messiah.
As for Paul going to Europe, he wanted to go to Spain but only got as far as Rome, yet he did evangelise Asia minor. God had others to do His work in Asia. Thomas for example.

B

brakelite

Are you a slave of God, or not? Are you bought and paid for? How about God? Does that make Him a slave Master? Owner?

Better not tell the Southern Poverty Law Center or God will be on the 'hate list'.

Stranger
A slave because I chose to be, I'm no Calvinist who believe God enslaves people against their will. God's redemption was emancipation from slavery to sin.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good didn't choose the Jews... He chose Abraham. And the reason was to use him, his descendants, as a vehicle through which He could
  1. Reveal to the world His true character and
  2. Bring forth the Messiah.
As for Paul going to Europe, he wanted to go to Spain but only got as far as Rome, yet he did evangelise Asia minor. God had others to do His work in Asia. Thomas for example.

(Deut. 7:6) "For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself. above all people that are upon the face of the earth."

Did you get all that. "above all people". What a racist God is. He places the Jews above all others. What a bigot.

(Acts 16:6-10) "...and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia....they assayed to go into Bithynia: but the Spirit suffered them not....a vision appeared to Paul...a man of Macedonia...saying, Come over into Macedonia, and help us...immediately we endeavoured to go...gathering that the Lord had called us for to preach the gospel unto them."

Thus Europe was Chrsitainized. And the other becomes the 'isms' of many false beleifs.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A slave because I chose to be, I'm no Calvinist who believe God enslaves people against their will. God's redemption was emancipation from slavery to sin.

See. You're so eat up with the worlds gospel that you deny the Scriptures I gave you. You were not emancipated. You changed slave owners.

How nauseating is slave boasting of his independence from his master.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course. But only in the South as far as I know was the Bible used to justify it, as you are now doing.

Well, you don't know much about it, as your other posts already show. The Bible is not used to prove slavery. The Bible cannot be used to disprove slavery which is what you and others try to do.

Stranger

B

brakelite

(Deut. 7:6) "For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself. above all people that are upon the face of the earth."

Did you get all that. "above all people". What a racist God is. He places the Jews above all others. What a bigot.

(Acts 16:6-10) "...and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia....they assayed to go into Bithynia: but the Spirit suffered them not....a vision appeared to Paul...a man of Macedonia...saying, Come over into Macedonia, and help us...immediately we endeavoured to go...gathering that the Lord had called us for to preach the gospel unto them."

Thus Europe was Chrsitainized. And the other becomes the 'isms' of many false beleifs.

Stranger
That is a very myopic view of Christian history, although the Catholics on the forum would run with it. Europe was converted through the endeavours of numerous evangelists, many of them Gaelic Christians of Galatia who carried the gospel to their distant relations across northern Italy, Southern France, and founded Celtic Christianity in Britain.
Those isms you refer to are merely the lies put out by Rome to condemn those millions of Asian converts (and many European) who refused to surrender to the political church in Rome.