• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul said the rapture cannot happen until the Apostasy and the revealing of the man of sin take place so this "next week" idea is scripturally impossible. The man of sin could appear next week so the more relevant question is: If you knew the man of sin would appear next week, what would you do differently now?

Reactions: Davy

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul said the rapture cannot happen until the Apostasy and the revealing of the man of sin take place so this "next week" idea is scripturally impossible. The man of sin could appear next week so the more relevant question is: If you knew the man of sin would appear next week, what would you do differently now?
"That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;"

This is not pointing out the Second Coming. This is pointing out the state of affairs prior to the 1,000 year reign. That day of Christ. Many claim Paul does not teach a thousand year reign of Christ on earth. This chapter is about that 1,000 year reign. 1 Thessalonians 5, and 2 Thessalonians 1 talk specifically about the Day of the Lord. These verses in chapter 2 are still addressing the Day of the Lord, and not the exact moment of the actual return.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;"

This is not pointing out the Second Coming. This is pointing out the state of affairs prior to the 1,000 year reign. That day of Christ. Many claim Paul does not teach a thousand year reign of Christ on earth. This chapter is about that 1,000 year reign. 1 Thessalonians 5, and 2 Thessalonians 1 talk specifically about the Day of the Lord. These verses in chapter 2 are still addressing the Day of the Lord, and not the exact moment of the actual return.
Apostle Paul in 2 Thessalonians 2:1-2 MOST DEFINITELY IS... POINTING TO CHRIST'S FUTURE COMING AND GATHERING OF HIS CHURCH!

How could you make such a false statement like that is not Paul's subject there??? Are you really that deceived away from the simplicity of God's written Word?

Not only was Paul forewarning that the Antichrist must come first, to cause that falling away, but Paul was also warning the Thessalonians against listening to false ones who were passing fake letters as if from the Apostles. And now Paul was having to warn them again about the real timing of Christ's future coming and gathering of His faithful Church.

Your heeding man's false Pre-trib Rapture theory is what is causing you to not recognize the events prophesied to happen leading up to Lord Jesus' future return and gathering of His saints.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apostle Paul in 2 Thessalonians 2:1-2 MOST DEFINITELY IS... POINTING TO CHRIST'S FUTURE COMING AND GATHERING OF HIS CHURCH!

How could you make such a false statement like that is not Paul's subject there??? Are you really that deceived away from the simplicity of God's written Word?

Not only was Paul forewarning that the Antichrist must come first, to cause that falling away, but Paul was also warning the Thessalonians against listening to false ones who were passing fake letters as if from the Apostles. And now Paul was having to warn them again about the real timing of Christ's future coming and gathering of His faithful Church.

Your heeding man's false Pre-trib Rapture theory is what is causing you to not recognize the events prophesied to happen leading up to Lord Jesus' future return and gathering of His saints.
I am heeding Revelation 6.

You are heeding human taught doctrine.

There has been apostasy, falling away, and antichrist since at least 50AD. It did not take long for many new believers to fall away amid Roman persecution.

What has not happened in the last 1992 years is the Second Coming. But falling away and antichrist, happen all the time.

Paul was talking about the Day of the Lord, the 1,000 year reign. The Day of the Lord is after all of Revelation 6 through 19. The Second Coming is not the Day of the Lord. The Second Coming is what allows the Day of the Lord. The Second Coming brings Jesus to earth, to reign on the earth. When Jesus comes, there will be a lot of cleaning up to do. All that cleaning up happens before the Day of the Lord.

The Day does not do the cleaning up. Jesus does the cleaning up. The Day is only a length of time. Jesus is the one doing all the work. Jesus comes back way before the Day of the Lord starts, not on the first day of the Day of the Lord.

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am heeding Revelation 6.

You are heeding human taught doctrine.
You are heeding John Darby's FALSE PRE-TRIB RAPTURE DOCTRINE.

And your second statement above is a flat FIB. I am staying with God's Word as written! So saying I'm heeding human taught doctrine is a huge... FIB. So you like Hitler think if you can tell a LIE long enough and to enough people, that they will believe it? Let those in Christ mark your words vs. my coverage from GOD's WORD.

There has been apostasy, falling away, and antichrist since at least 50AD. It did not take long for many new believers to fall away amid Roman persecution.
The falling away, or apostasy, that Apostle Paul was revealing about in 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 is in connection with the revealing of the "man of sin" in Jerusalem playing God, sitting in the "temple of God", a standing Jewish stone temple in Jerusalem for the end of this world!

Now that has NEVER happened yet to this day. So it's obvious that anyone saying it has is a DECEIVER, and is not speaking God's Truth from His Word.

What has not happened in the last 1992 years is the Second Coming. But falling away and antichrist, happen all the time.
Nope, NOT the falling away that Apostle Paul was talking about in 2 Thessalonians 2. That has NEVER happened to this day. And notice folks, Timothy here has made this same statement TWICE NOW. There's that Hitler type working with the idea of keep repeating a lie enough, in hopes you'll believe it.

Paul was talking about the Day of the Lord, the 1,000 year reign. The Day of the Lord is after all of Revelation 6 through 19. The Second Coming is not the Day of the Lord. The Second Coming is what allows the Day of the Lord. The Second Coming brings Jesus to earth, to reign on the earth. When Jesus comes, there will be a lot of cleaning up to do. All that cleaning up happens before the Day of the Lord.
The 2nd coming of Jesus Christ IS... ON THE DAY OF THE LORD. Jesus even revealed this when He said, "Behold, I come as a thief..." (Revelation 16:15). In Matthew 24 is where He first revealed that is the 'day' of His future return, by warning that if the goodman of the house had know in what watch the thief would come, he would not have allowed his house to be broken into. (Apostles Paul and Peter revealed that the "day of the Lord" will come "as a thief in the night", using Christ's metaphor about His coming "as a thief").

So far then, Timothy here is batting 1,000 on trying to push LIES against The Word of God.

In 2 Thessalonians 2 verses 1 & 2, Apostle Paul was talking about the 'day' of Christ's future coming AND gathering to Him...

2 Thess 2:1-2
2 Now we beseech you, brethren,
by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto Him,
2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
KJV

That "day of Christ" phrase is actually the "day of the Lord". And what is the subject just before that? The coming of Lord Jesus AND the gathering of His Church!

So why would Timothy LIE about that, and say Jesus does not come on that "day of the Lord"?

To tell you the truth, I don't think Timothy actually knows... what he is saying, that he has been subjected to another spirit, a spirit that is working against God's written Word.

Last edited:

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are heeding John Darby's FALSE PRE-TRIB RAPTURE DOCTRINE.

And your second statement above is a flat FIB. I am staying with God's Word as written! So saying I'm heeding human taught doctrine is a huge... FIB. So you like Hitler think if you can tell a LIE long enough and to enough people, that they will believe it? Let those in Christ mark your words vs. my coverage from GOD's WORD.

The falling away, or apostasy, that Apostle Paul was revealing about in 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 is in connection with the revealing of the "man of sin" in Jerusalem playing God, sitting in the "temple of God", a standing Jewish stone temple in Jerusalem for the end of this world!

Now that has NEVER happened yet to this day. So it's obvious that anyone saying it has is a DECEIVER, and is not speaking God's Truth from His Word.

Nope, NOT the falling away that Apostle Paul was talking about in 2 Thessalonians 2. That has NEVER happened to this day. And notice folks, Timothy here has made this same statement TWICE NOW. There's that Hitler type working with the idea of keep repeating a lie enough, in hopes you'll believe it.

The 2nd coming of Jesus Christ IS... ON THE DAY OF THE LORD. Jesus even revealed this when He said, "Behold, I come as a thief..." (Revelation 16:15). In Matthew 24 is where He first revealed that is the 'day' of His future return, by warning that if the goodman of the house had know in what watch the thief would come, he would not have allowed his house to be broken into. (Apostles Paul and Peter revealed that the "day of the Lord" will come "as a thief in the night", using Christ's metaphor about His coming "as a thief").

So far then, Timothy here is batting 1,000 on trying to push LIES against The Word of God.

In 2 Thessalonians 2 verses 1 & 2, Apostle Paul was talking about the 'day' of Christ's future coming AND gathering to Him...

2 Thess 2:1-2
2 Now we beseech you, brethren,
by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto Him,
2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
KJV

That "day of Christ" phrase is actually the "day of the Lord". And what is the subject just before that? The coming of Lord Jesus AND the gathering of His Church!

So why would Timothy LIE about that, and say Jesus does not come on that "day of the Lord"?

To tell you the truth, I don't think Timothy actually knows... what he is saying, that he has been subjected to another spirit, a spirit that is working against God's written Word.
I said the Second Coming has not happened yet. You call that a lie.

Do you have historical proof Satan has had no authority over humanity in the last 1992 years?

You have yet to show a verse I have contradicted. You only give your interpretation that contradicts my point.

The Day of the Lord is a 1,000 year period. You have not given a verse that states otherwise.

What verse says there needs to be a stone temple?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said the Second Coming has not happened yet. You call that a lie.

Do you have historical proof Satan has had no authority over humanity in the last 1992 years?

You have yet to show a verse I have contradicted. You only give your interpretation that contradicts my point.

The Day of the Lord is a 1,000 year period. You have not given a verse that states otherwise.

What verse says there needs to be a stone temple?
Wow! You accuse me of telling a lie when you cannot even follow the simplicity in Bible Scripture!

Of course the 2nd coming has not happened yet, I never said it had, nor have I ever denied Christ's future 2nd coming. YOU ARE BEARING FALSE WITNESS, so may my Heavenly Father REBUKE you, in the Name of Jesus Christ! And wait for it, your correction will be coming because of your making up such a lie.

Do you still suck on lollypops? That's what I see your totally IRRELEVANT questions as being like, showing utter stupidity.

I have shown PLENTY of Bible Scripture that defines... what I have already said. YOU simply REJECT those Scriptures as written, showing you are NOT INTERESTED IN WHAT GOD HAS SAID IN HIS WORD. You show instead you love to follow FALSEHOODS, and those who push a LIE, like the false Pre-trib Rapture Theory from men!

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow! You accuse me of telling a lie when you cannot even follow the simplicity in Bible Scripture!

Of course the 2nd coming has not happened yet, I never said it had, nor have I ever denied Christ's future 2nd coming. YOU ARE BEARING FALSE WITNESS, so may my Heavenly Father REBUKE you, in the Name of Jesus Christ! And wait for it, your correction will be coming because of your making up such a lie.

Do you still suck on lollypops? That's what I see your totally IRRELEVANT questions as being like, showing utter stupidity.

I have shown PLENTY of Bible Scripture that defines... what I have already said. YOU simply REJECT those Scriptures as written, showing you are NOT INTERESTED IN WHAT GOD HAS SAID IN HIS WORD. You show instead you love to follow FALSEHOODS, and those who push a LIE, like the false Pre-trib Rapture Theory from men!
You have yet to give one instance where I claim there is a "pre-trib rapture theory". Until you can do that, you are making stuff up, just for the sake of argument and to make other posters look bad.

It is hard to see what you actually teach, as all one can see in your post is condemnation and judgment. Obviously you must have a rapture in your thoughts somewhere.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have yet to give one instance where I claim there is a "pre-trib rapture theory". Until you can do that, you are making stuff up, just for the sake of argument and to make other posters look bad.

It is hard to see what you actually teach, as all one can see in your post is condemnation and judgment. Obviously you must have a rapture in your thoughts somewhere.
OK, you want proof of your pushing false doctrine from the pre-trib rapture school...

1. Timothy said:
"These verses in chapter 2 are still addressing the Day of the Lord, and not the exact moment of the actual return."

You said that in regard to the 2 Thessalonians 2 chapter by Apostle Paul where He was NOT covering "day of the Lord" events! But you said above, "These verses in chapter 2 are still addressing the Day of the Lord,...". GUESS who wrongly teaches that the "day of the Lord" is a time during the "great tribulation"?? The PRE-TRIB RAPTURE SCHOOL!

The "day of the Lord" per God's Word ONLY occurs on the LAST DAY of this present world with Lord Jesus' 2nd coming back to this earth to gather His faithful Church, and they all go with Him to reign at Jerusalem, on earth, as written.

2. Timothy said:
"There has been apostasy, falling away, and antichrist since at least 50AD. It did not take long for many new believers to fall away amid Roman persecution.

What has not happened in the last 1992 years is the Second Coming. But falling away and antichrist, happen all the time."

Timothy said the above in reference to the 2 Thessalonians 2 and Revelation 6 chapters, which are about SIGNS of the "great tribulation" timing for the very end of this world, PRIOR to Christ's future return. Those chapters ARE NOT FOR PAST HISTORY LIKE 50 AD, NOR 70 AD, when the Jews fell away from God and were scattered. The 2 Thess.2 and Rev.6 events are specifically for VERY END OF THIS WORLD ONLY!

Thus the idea of 'falling away' by Apostle Paul is NOT about past history false worship by the Jews, but instead about FUTURE FALSE WORSHIP TO THE ANTICHRIST FOR THE VERY END OF THIS WORLD, the very false one that Lord Jesus even warned His Church about that will appear in Jerusalem in a rebuilt temple and place the "abomination of desolation" idol in false worship!

So there again, these are types of idea that the PRE-TRIB RAPTURE THEORY SCHOOL pushes, trying to deceive the believer into accepting the 1st supernatural one that appears CLAIMING to be Messiah, the very false one the orthodox Jews are going to setup in Jerusalem as their king for the end of this world!

3. Timothy said:
"When Jesus comes, there will be a lot of cleaning up to do. All that cleaning up happens before the Day of the Lord."

There is another example of Timothy's pushing false doctrine. Since God's Word declares that Lord Jesus will return ON the "day of the Lord", then how can all that cleansing by Lord Jesus take place BEFORE the "day of the Lord"??

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, you want proof of your pushing false doctrine from the pre-trib rapture school...

1. Timothy said:
"These verses in chapter 2 are still addressing the Day of the Lord, and not the exact moment of the actual return."

You said that in regard to the 2 Thessalonians 2 chapter by Apostle Paul where He was NOT covering "day of the Lord" events! But you said above, "These verses in chapter 2 are still addressing the Day of the Lord,...". GUESS who wrongly teaches that the "day of the Lord" is a time during the "great tribulation"?? The PRE-TRIB RAPTURE SCHOOL!

The "day of the Lord" per God's Word ONLY occurs on the LAST DAY of this present world with Lord Jesus' 2nd coming back to this earth to gather His faithful Church, and they all go with Him to reign at Jerusalem, on earth, as written.

2. Timothy said:
"There has been apostasy, falling away, and antichrist since at least 50AD. It did not take long for many new believers to fall away amid Roman persecution.

What has not happened in the last 1992 years is the Second Coming. But falling away and antichrist, happen all the time."

Timothy said the above in reference to the 2 Thessalonians 2 and Revelation 6 chapters, which are about SIGNS of the "great tribulation" timing for the very end of this world, PRIOR to Christ's future return. Those chapters ARE NOT FOR PAST HISTORY LIKE 50 AD, NOR 70 AD, when the Jews fell away from God and were scattered. The 2 Thess.2 and Rev.6 events are specifically for VERY END OF THIS WORLD ONLY!

Thus the idea of 'falling away' by Apostle Paul is NOT about past history false worship by the Jews, but instead about FUTURE FALSE WORSHIP TO THE ANTICHRIST FOR THE VERY END OF THIS WORLD, the very false one that Lord Jesus even warned His Church about that will appear in Jerusalem in a rebuilt temple and place the "abomination of desolation" idol in false worship!

So there again, these are types of idea that the PRE-TRIB RAPTURE THEORY SCHOOL pushes, trying to deceive the believer into accepting the 1st supernatural one that appears CLAIMING to be Messiah, the very false one the orthodox Jews are going to setup in Jerusalem as their king for the end of this world!

3. Timothy said:
"When Jesus comes, there will be a lot of cleaning up to do. All that cleaning up happens before the Day of the Lord."

There is another example of Timothy's pushing false doctrine. Since God's Word declares that Lord Jesus will return ON the "day of the Lord", then how can all that cleansing by Lord Jesus take place BEFORE the "day of the Lord"??
I have always stated the Day of the Lord is the 1,000 year reign. I never claimed the tribulation will last for 1,000 years. You have me messed up with some one else. The last day of earth is the 1,000 year reign of Christ.

There has always been apostasy after great revival. Only the church can apostasize. The lost cannot fall away into apostasy. They never turned to Christ to begin with.

The cleansing fire of the Second Coming happens before the Day of the Lord, which is the whole 1,000 years. The Millennium is not prior to the Tribulation.

You are not defining the Day of the Lord properly. It is not a 24 hour event like Amil claim. You are Amil in regards to defining the Day of the Lord. They think it is only a 24 hour day. If there is a verse that declares "on a 24 hour day" you failed to include it in your post.