The Rapture is Post-trib

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You malighned me.
You basically lied and insinuated i only mention one thing and my eschatology is without merit.

Which i could care less

It is a debate and you are defecting in frustration.

What is comical is your inability to see you are doing what you accuse others of.
Which is most always the case.
If that was true, that was not my intention and I apologize. My intention was for my defense because you brought a contributor into the conversation. I have asked you repeatedly to be respectful. Can you do this? I would like to have a conversation without comments like "you're deflecting, you are frustrated, your inability... etc." These are all comments that Christians should not use. Do you agree? I will do my best to respect you and I ask the same.

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if you are of the high character you are attempting to project, you would not spend all that time in rabbit trail policing of my character.
I try to portray Jesus, but like many I have mistakes. We are to help each other when a brother falls. Me "policing" your character is for your good. Are we to let each other do things that are unholy? The NT is littered with scripture explaining this. Shouldn't we care for one another and advise each other? When I make mistakes, I want to learn from them. Just as you said earlier that I had said something you took offense to, I apologize and will do my best to be cognizant of that even if that wasn't my intention.

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was put there by me to show you what you do.( note my clue in there " i could care less")
I am not here to do what you do. (you are focussed on behavior, but it is your false perception of others and finger pointing ...just absurd)
See how easy it is to get a thread derailed over your policeman tactics?
You are doing what you accuse others of.

BTW, My study of scripture is systematic theology.
Scripture interprets scripture.
Your strategy of denying context and comprehension is YOUR BASIS of reframe and omissions.
I automatically have the high ground.
Well, that's not true at all. I am here because I enjoy eschatology and conversing with other like minds.
I'm glad you read the Bible. Many self-professed believers do not. I think that's wonderful and I'm sure it has caused you to grow.

I do not deny any context my friend. I had posted scripture to you in our conversations with commentaries. You did not do the same.

I asked you a question which you did not respond so I'll ask again.

Acts 3:21 makes it impossible for Christ to leave heaven on your timeline. Job 14:12 proves we will not resurrect till the heavens are removed. Christ comes back one time. He leaves heaven after all things have been shaken and sets up his kingdom. Your ability to not argue against what scripture says is not my issue; it’s your own.

Show me how Christ leaves heaven on a pre-TB timeline with Acts 3:21. How does the restoration of all things precede the 1st seal if nothing has been removed before it’s opened?

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure where all your introspection leads.
Knowing the components of a parable, and the fact that they are a story/message within a story, is dangerous to you?
Wow.
You're misunderstanding me. I surely was not trying to be cryptic at all. I'll say it this way, sort of using your own words here:

What's dangerous, Rebuilder, is knowing those components and taking a story/message from that story... what one thinks is that story/message within what is related... and thereby possibly making something of what is related into what it is not, or more (and sometimes much more) ~ or less ~ than it really is. "Reading something into it," as the kids call it these days... :) ...falsely. Yes, that's very dangerous.

Okay, fair enough. If you want to have further conversation on this, though, I'm certainly game. Grace and peace to you, Rebuilder.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're misunderstanding me. I surely was not trying to be cryptic at all. I'll say it this way, sort of using your own words here:

What's dangerous, Rebuilder, is knowing those components and taking a story/message from that story... what one thinks is that story/message within what is related... and thereby possibly making something of what is related into what it is not, or more (and sometimes much more) ~ or less ~ than it really is. "Reading something into it," as the kids call it these days... :) ...falsely. Yes, that's very dangerous.

Okay, fair enough. If you want to have further conversation on this, though, I'm certainly game. Grace and peace to you, Rebuilder.
The components are basic in the parables.
Takes work and preconceived doctrines to mess them up.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
automatically have the high ground.
But you don't, because the theory of a rapture removal of the Church before any tribulation or testing, is not Biblical. Such a belief, has to be read into scripture, assumed and conjectured, as it is not actually Prophesied to happen.

What the rapture believers miss out on, is the many Prophesies that tell of the wonderful Promises of God to His faithful people, as they live in peace and prosperity in all of the holy Land.
Prophecies like Isaiah 35:1-10 and Zechariah 8:1-8, tell us what God has Planned for us, on earth. When Jesus Returns, it will be we Christians who say: Blessed is He that comes in the Name of the Lord!

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then Satan was not part of "those" deceived, and not the "them" who was consumed by fire. Plain English.
<chuckles> Satan is the deceiver... And the "them" will follow him... :) It is plain, I agree, buuuuuut... :)

Grace and peace to you!

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
<chuckles> Satan is the deceiver... And the "them" will follow him... :) It is plain, I agree, buuuuuut... :)

Grace and peace to you!
And no verse states the deceiver, Satan, was consumed by fire, just the deceieved, who moved across the breadth of the earth.

"And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about,"

No verse points out they followed Satan. Why are you adding to Scripture?

The deceived went up to the camp of the saints. Do you even accept they marched from as far away from Jerusalem as one can get, and arrived at Jerusalem only to be consumed by fire? Or were there billions of Satans they followed and only marched across the street to do harm to their neighbors?

Satan deceived a lot of people, but John never wrote they followed Satan, into battle.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And no verse states the deceiver, Satan, was consumed by fire, just the deceieved, who moved across the breadth of the earth.

"And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about,"

No verse points out they followed Satan. Why are you adding to Scripture?

The deceived went up to the camp of the saints. Do you even accept they marched from as far away from Jerusalem as one can get, and arrived at Jerusalem only to be consumed by fire? Or were there billions of Satans they followed and only marched across the street to do harm to their neighbors?

Satan deceived a lot of people, but John never wrote they followed Satan, into battle.
So much talk and so little knowledge/understanding. But, knowledge, though, is a work/gift of the Spirit, and these things are spiritually discerned...

Grace and peace to you, Timtofly.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So much talk and so little knowledge/understanding. But, knowledge, though, is a work/gift of the Spirit, and these things are spiritually discerned...

Grace and peace to you, Timtofly.
I tend to lack all that human imagination you all add to the Scripture, you all call "spiritual".

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree about your lacking some things. :) Grace and peace to you, Timtofly.
No you don't. That would mean you only imagine what your human understanding makes up. Seems you are good at twisting the words you read, to make them say something different than what they actually do say. That was my point to be in agreement with. I post what I accept from God's Word, and you turn that into your own human imagination.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No you don't.
Oh, I do agree about your lacking things, but surely not in the way that you want me to. :) Do you want to start an argument about that, now?

That would mean you only imagine what your human understanding makes up. Seems you are good at twisting the words you read, to make them say something different than what they actually do say.
I don't care one iota (anymore) about your opinions of me.

That was my point to be in agreement with.
Yes, I'm well aware of that. :)

I post what I accept from God's Word...
Sure, you accept your own opinions, about everything, I imagine. So do I. But what does that really mean? I say, not much, really... :)

...and you turn that into your own human imagination.
I accept your opinions for what they are... :)

Grace and peace to you.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jews become Christians they become Messianic Jews .

they don't stop being Jews, they're saved they're one new man they're in the body of Christ.

they're no more important than any believer as Paul pointed out ,but they are still Jews as Paul called himself one.

in the same thinking Africans that get saved are still Africans. Eskimos that gets saved or still Eskimos. Mexicans that get saved or still Mexicans

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, they remain as just Jews of the "house of Judah" that believe Jesus of Nazareth is The CHRIST, and thus represent the "stick of Judah" per Ezekiel 37.

They are CHRISTIANS, just like the believing Gentiles are CHRISTIANS. They only chose names like Messianic Jews, or Jews For Jesus, after believing on Jesus as Messiah to try and keep their 'Jewish' history, which is not really a good thing because it means they still want to have a doctrine connection with their UNBELIEVING brethren the orthodox Jews.

The orthodox unbelieving Jews will eventually lead many Messianics to worship the false-Christ that comes first, thinking he is Messiah.

The 10 scattered lost tribes of Israel are NOT Jews, and represent the "stick of Ephraim", and "house of Israel". The 10 tribes lost knowledge of their heritage as part of old Israel. Most of them today think they are Gentiles while living among Gentiles. On the day of Christ's future coming, their heritage as part of the old ten northern tribes of the "kingdom of Israel" will be revealed to them. Some of us that know, already have the God-given duty to reveal this to those of them that will hear and check it out in God's written Word, That because God promised a remnant of them would always know about their separation and heritage as Israel, just as the Scottish royals revealed in their 13th century Declaration of Arbroath.

In final, God has promised to join both sticks back together. That means both houses, so that they no more shall be "two nations".

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely. Well, that's what we call them, but believing Jews. And in thus, they are grafted in again ~ as Paul says in Romans 11 ~ to God's Israel.

they don't stop being Jews...
Right, Jews by the letter, outward Jews ~ as Paul puts it in Romans 2:28. But before they become Messianic Jews, they are not in Christ and therefore not part of God's Israel... and many will remain that way, because, as Paul says in Romans 9:6, not all who are descended from Israel belong to Israel, and in Romans 11:6-7,25, there is a remnant, chosen by grace... Israel failed to obtain what it was seeking. The elect obtained it, but the rest were hardened... (this is the) partial hardening (that) has come upon Israel.

....they're saved they're one new man they're in the body of Christ. they're no more important than any believer as Paul pointed out ,but they are still Jews as Paul called himself one.
Right. Sure. Absolutely.

in the same thinking Africans that get saved are still Africans. Eskimos that gets saved or still Eskimos. Mexicans that get saved or still Mexicans
Well, right. Outward nationality or ethnicity has no bearing on salvation or God's Israel, which does and will ultimately include people of every tongue, tribe, and nation.

Maybe, Rebuilder, just maybe, you're coming around, and there's hope for you yet... :)

Grace and peace to you.

Reactions: No Pre-TB

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely. Well, that's what we call them, but believing Jews. And in thus, they are grafted in again ~ as Paul says in Romans 11 ~ to God's Israel.

All... must believe on Jesus Christ as God's Promised Savior and in His death and resurrection, in order to receive remission of sins and be saved. That is regardless of one's nationality or birth.

The flesh cannot save, so even with the chosen seed of Israel which God blinded away from The Gospel, like Apostle Paul taught in Romans 11, once their spiritual blindness is removed by God, THEN... they also, like us, MUST make their choice to believe on Jesus of Nazareth as The Christ, or not. Only by belief on Jesus as The Christ can they be included in God's Salvation through His Son Jesus Christ.

Gal 3:21-22
21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
KJV

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All... must believe on Jesus Christ as God's Promised Savior and in His death and resurrection, in order to receive remission of sins and be saved. That is regardless of one's nationality or birth.
Sure. Agreed.

The flesh cannot save, so even with the chosen seed of Israel which God blinded away from The Gospel, like Apostle Paul taught in Romans 11, once their spiritual blindness is removed by God, THEN... they also, like us, MUST make their choice to believe on Jesus of Nazareth as The Christ, or not. Only by belief on Jesus as The Christ can they be included in God's Salvation through His Son Jesus Christ.
Well, I wholeheartedly agree that the flesh cannot save, and spiritual blindness must be removed by God. But the latter is a function/result of God's mercy and compassion, as Paul says in Romans 9:16. And God has mercy on whom He will, and compassion upon whom He will, as both Moses and Paul say (Romans 9:15,18). Yes, I agree that they must make their choice to believe on Jesus, but I would submit to you, Davy, that this belief is a result of them having been included in God's salvation because of His mercy/compassion upon them and the work in their hearts, the working of faith in them, by the Holy Spirit. Paul does not say that believers "can't or don't make a choice," but that their being among God's elect and receiving of His salvation depends first on... something else. :) Paul also writes to the Philippians in this same vein, that "...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure." And He says to the Ephesians, "God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ ~ by grace you have been saved ~ and raised us up with Him and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus... (f)or by grace you have been saved through faith... (a)nd this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast... (f)or we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them." Absolutely nothing in any of these passages denies that we can or do make a choice or that it is not necessary.

Hey, you may recall Jesus's conversation with some Jews gathered around Him at the Feast of Dedication in John 10. They said to Him, “How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Christ, tell us plainly.” And He said to them in reply, "I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in my Father’s name bear witness about me, but you do not believe because you are not among my sheep." Notice the order there, Davy. He did not say, "You are not among my sheep because you do not believe," but rather the reverse, "You do not believe because you are not among My sheep." And He goes on to say, "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of My hand. My Father, Who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand. I and the Father are one." So, the Jews He was speaking to were not given to him by the Father, and therefore never in His hand, otherwise they could not have been snatched away.

Do you see?

Grace and peace to you.