The Rebuke Of The Lord

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: - Hebrews 12:5.

What is; the rebuke of the Lord? it is the Lord bringing correction to his child. What brings rebuke? It can be something simple like.. needing to grow in an area of spiritual knowledge. It can be for sins in the life of a believer. It can be just because it is the Lord moving you on into the deep things of God!

There will be times that you do nothing, and you still go through correction. What is he correcting? It is not necessarily my lifestyle, or sins in my life, or anything other than; I need to grow up..into him, into the full stature of him. He corrects his children at times for spiritual growth. For that reason the child of God will be corrected. Not because they did something or your father is mad at you, but he knows what we need. He knows what we need, he also knows the only way we can receive what we need is when he gets out attention.

11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby. - Hebrews 12:11.

Reactions: Azim and Nancy

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have found that when the Lord convicts me of something... it is a clean cut.... there is no guilt or shame attached to it... Sort of like a STATMENT... It just is and stands on it's own without argument. I also find the Lord deals with each individual UNIQUELY... He has been most gracious and gentle with me.... THE problem lies in how MAN harshly judges... meddles with and corrects other believers.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Knowing the intent of the Father's heart, I find, Is very helpful. Whatever He does, I believe, is for our ultimate benefit.

Reactions: soul man