The religion of the Antichrist

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Does anyone think it's possible that this whole New Age "attract anything you want into your life" and "be your own god" could be the primary religion of the the Antichrist during the tribulation? It's a belief system I'm constantly running into online, and it seems to be growing prominently in the world. I remember almost 2 decades ago Oprah featured a book called "The Secret" and it was all about the "power of attraction." It seems to have gained immense popularity among the New Age crowds.

If not the primary religion on the singular Antichrist, then certainly an antichristic religion altogether. What do you think it will be?

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, attraction to sin is a dangerous thing (so attraction can't be all good).

But as to the religion of the anti-Christ, I assume he will be Jewish (reading Torah, attending synagogue, etc.).

As I have said, the anti-Christ has the power to resurrect sin, so in a sense he has a religion of "self".

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Friend of, James talks about those things,

He is writing to his jewish audience in his day, saying,

Submit Yourselves to God​

4 What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don’t they come from your desires that battlewithin you? 2 You desire but do not have, so you kill. You covet but you cannot get what you want, so you quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask God. 3 When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.

4 You adulterous people,[a] don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.5 Or do you think Scripture says without reason that he jealously longs for the spirit he has caused to dwell in us[b]? 6 But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says:

“God opposes the proud
but shows favor to the humble.”[c]

7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8 Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9 Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

11 Brothers and sisters, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against a brother or sister[d] or judges them speaks against the lawand judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it.12 There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you—who are you to judge your neighbor?

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does anyone think it's possible that this whole New Age "attract anything you want into your life" and "be your own god" could be the primary religion of the the Antichrist during the tribulation? It's a belief system I'm constantly running into online, and it seems to be growing prominently in the world. I remember almost 2 decades ago Oprah featured a book called "The Secret" and it was all about the "power of attraction." It seems to have gained immense popularity among the New Age crowds.

If not the primary religion on the singular Antichrist, then certainly an antichristic religion altogether. What do you think it will be?
That would fit satan's M O because it ....smells of defiance... when viewed from God's direction for His followers...denoted by the 1st commandment.
Good point.

Reactions: David in NJ

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No, that will not be what the coming one-world religion will be about.

Apostle Paul in 2 Thessalonians 2:4 gave us the best clue when he showed that "man of sin" will exalt himself as God in a new temple in Jerusalem, and over all that is 'called' God, or that is worshiped.

That means a joining of all... religious worship of the world into one group. That coming false-Christ will claim to be the head of it all. In order to deceive the whole world, like Rev.13:4-8 reveals, that false-Messiah must be everything to all peoples, including to the orthodox Jews.

But what the head occultists, secret societies, and new agers believe is different. They know they are actually preparing the whole world to accept Lucifer and worship him. Lucifer is who they actually worship. Their intent is to destroy all known religions and replace it with "the pure worship of Lucifer" (their words, not mine). When the "man of sin" comes, that is what he will do, replace all religion with the worship of himself, as that is what Paul showed in 2 Thess.2:4. The secret to this is though, they will know that coming false one is Lucifer himself they will bow to.

The only others that know that will be Lucifer coming as that false-Christ are Christ's elect that cannot be deceived, those who names were written in the book of life from the foundation of the world. This is why the following Scripture points are written...

Rev 13:4-9
4 And
they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, and
his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.
KJV

The above is pointing only to those who's names are NOT written in the book of life falling away to worship Lucifer as the coming "man of sin", or beast king, or "dragon".

Per Rev.12:9, that "dragon" title is simply another name for Lucifer, or Satan.

Rev 17:8
8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not;
and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
KJV

That one who ascends out of the bottomless pit and is to go into perdition of the future "lake of fire" is Lucifer himself.

If your name is written in the book of life then you will know that coming false-Christ will be Lucifer himself, working those "great signs and wonders" and "miracles" on earth in order to deceive the whole world. Those whose names are not written, will "wonder" at who that will be, just like today with many still trying to figure out who the Antichrist will be.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That one who ascends out of the bottomless pit and is to go into perdition of the future "lake of fire" is Lucifer himself.
So are you saying Lucifer is the Antichrist himself?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So are you saying Lucifer is the Antichrist himself?
Our Heavenly Father and His Son have been very good to us in revealing about Satan coming as the Antichrist for the very end of this world. It's because He gave us specific Scriptures that can only apply to Satan.

Rev.9:11 - the "king" who's titles are "Apollyon", which is Greek for 'perdition', and Abaddon, which is Hebrew for 'destroyer'. And he also has the title of, "angel of the bottomless pit". That's Satan. How so?

1. No flesh-born human as been judged and sentenced to 'perdition' in the future "lake of fire" yet. That sentencing for the flesh born wicked only happens on the day of God's Great White Throne Judgment at the end of Christ's future "thousand years" reign over the nations (Rev.20). As of today, still ONLY Satan and his angels are already judged and sentenced to 'perdition' in the future "lake of fire".

2. In Rev.17, Jesus defined many of the symbols about the beast kingdom and beast king of Rev.13. Per Rev.17:8 He revealed that one that ascends out of the bottomless pit and goes into perdition, for those paying attention. That's Satan.

3. Same thing in Rev.11:7, Satan is that 'beast' there that ascends out of the bottomless pit to kill God's two witnesses in Jerusalem for the end. God's Word teaches about the establishing of a beast kingdom, AND a beast king for the end.

4. The titles "man of sin" and "son of perdition" are titles for Satan himself. In John 6:70, Judas Iscariot, whom Jesus called a "son of perdition", also said Judas was a 'devil'. That links that "son of perdition" title to the devil, Satan himself, and is why the use of that "son of perdition" title by Apostle Paul in 2 Thess.2:3-4 is pointing to Satan. Remember that only Satan and his angels have already been sentenced to 'perdition' in the future "lake of fire".

Regarding Satan's title "man of sin", we know per 1 John 3:8 "the devil sinneth from the beginning". That truly makes Satan the original first "man of sin", and not Adam whose was first to sin in the flesh. This is why it is so important to understand how Satan originally committed the very first sin against God in that old world, because it is why God brought today's 2nd world earth age to present His Son as the Perfect Sacrifice for sin, for those who believe.

5. Per John 14:30, just prior to Jesus being delivered up to be crucified, He said thereafter the prince of this world is coming, and has nothing in Him. That was Jesus warning His servants about the coming of Satan as the Antichrist for the end of this world. That is also why Apostle John said in 1 John 2:18 that the brethren there had already heard... that antichrist shall come.

6. Per Rev.12:7-9, because of that war in Heaven between Archangel Michael and his angels, vs. Satan and his angels, Satan and his will be booted out of the Heavenly. That Scripture states there will be no more place found for them in Heaven. Where else can they go then? The Heavenly is a hidden dimension that is invisible to us. Then there's our earthly dimension where we live, and that is where they 'must'... appear.

Satan, or Lucifer and his angels are coming, and they won't be hiding invisible behind flesh men like how Satan tried to influence Apostle Peter and Lord Jesus rebuked Satan. Per the parable of Ezekiel 28, God showed that He originally created Satan a beautiful cherub, made the full pattern of beauty. And that is how Satan will appear on earth when he comes.

That... is why the coming "great tribulation" will be great, a time on earth that has never been before, nor ever will be again. This is why those who try to use hard times in past earth's history, like world wars, holocausts, etc., as being the "great tribulation" event only show their Biblical illiteracy. There is much, much, much more at stake, as Satan is coming to earth to hunt souls.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But Satan is a fallen angel, not a man. Angels do not become men and vice versa. The MAN of sin is a human being. It's not the Angel of sin or the angel of perdition.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But Satan is a fallen angel, not a man. Angels do not become men and vice versa. The MAN of sin is a human being. It's not the Angel of sin or the angel of perdition.

You mean you haven't read Isaiah 14 where God calls Lucifer "a man"?

Have you wrongly believed the false prophet's false idea that the image of man is only about the flesh?

Didn't you understand Genesis 1:26-27 that that image of 'man' originated from GOD's Own outward image likeness? Even the Archangel Gabriel's name means 'man of God'.

OT:1403
Gabriy'el (gab-ree-ale'); from OT:1397 and OT:410; man of God; Gabriel, an archangel:

KJV - Garbriel.
(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006, 2010 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

Do you also reject The Word of God in Genesis 19 where the two angels that appeared to Lot were seen by the sodomites as "men"? Those sodomites even wanted to have sex with them.

So no, the "man of sin" is NOT about a human. It is about Satan himself coming to Jerusalem to play a false-Christ, and with the power of miracles, since he is the angel of the bottomless pit.

Since you reject those simple Scriptures, it makes me wonder just how much more of The Bible you reject.

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since Satan appears as an Angel of Light. It wouldn't surprise me if he was Catholic.

You mean you, unlike @friend of, actually believe angels have appeared on this earth with the image of man??

Gen 19:1-5
19 And there came
two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;

2 And he said, "Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways." And they said, "Nay; but we will abide in the street all night."

3 And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat.

4 But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:

5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are
the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.
KJV

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those who have a hard time understanding the difference between the two separate dimensions of existence written in God's Word...

Genesis 2 reveals that God's Garden of Eden was once upon this ancient earth. And per Apostle John in John 4, he said, "God is a Spirit". Wherever God's Garden of Eden is, that is where God is, literally.

And in Genesis 1:26-27 God revealed that He created flesh Adam with His Own outward image likeness, which is that of 'man'. Thus that image of man originates from GOD Himself in the Heavenly dimension of Spirit.

So I am amazed that some brethren can be so duped by the false prophet lovers of the flesh! This has been one of the JEW's problems in understanding all along. Their old Pharisee and Sadduccee traditions teach there is flesh existence, and that's it. They wrongly believe that the 'soul' even is made of flesh and dies with the flesh body, when there is Old Testament Scripture which reveals the 'soul' and spirit departing the flesh at death.

Thus for those deceived on those simple Biblical matters don't have a chance in understanding what Apostle Paul taught in 1 Corinthians 15 and 2 Corinthians 5 about the resurrection type body, which is a "spiritual body", and not one of flesh.

Reactions: gpresdo

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean you, unlike @friend of, actually believe angels have appeared on this earth with the image of man??

Gen 19:1-5
19 And there came
two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;

2 And he said, "Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways." And they said, "Nay; but we will abide in the street all night."

3 And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat.

4 But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:

5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are
the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know the

2 Corinthians 11:13-15 - And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.

Yes, angels appear as human, because I've talked to two angels. They looked like you or me, with a slight difference that I can't explain to you. They have alot of strength for their size.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 11:13-15 - And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.

Yes, angels appear as human, because I've talked to two angels. They looked like you or me, with a slight difference that I can't explain to you. They have alot of strength for their size.

God did show in Genesis 1:26-27 that the image of 'man' originates from Him. And Apostle John said "God is a Spirit" (John 4:24).

It's the false Jews that tend to not believe in such things as angels.

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We never know when we are in the presence of an angel. God uses human angels and spirit angels for His needs. I have seen it many times.
Likewise I have noticed demonic type presence. Once in the airport waiting room I sat and was studying my Bible. The persons'
looks at me and the Book was piercing, with physical expressions to match, including twitching of the body. He got up and hastily departed the area.

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We never know when we are in the presence of an angel. God uses human angels and spirit angels for His needs. I have seen it many times.
Likewise I have noticed demonic type presence. Once in the airport waiting room I sat and was studying my Bible. The persons'
looks at me and the Book was piercing, with physical expressions to match, including twitching of the body. He got up and hastily departed the area.

God's Word doesn't equate the word 'human' with the Heavenly image for 'man', which is from God's Own outward likeness, per Genesis 1:26-27.

Later Bible versions began substituting that word 'human', or 'human race' for early translations of "persons", "man", "men", "man's wisdom", "mankind", etc. There is no such term as 'human' or 'human race' written in the Bible manuscripts. That is men's doctrine added to God's Word, and thus those modern Bible versions that do that are corrupt.

All the outward appearances of the angels are also with the image from God, which is the image of man. They look like us, we look like them. The wings description is usually regarding cherubim, Heavenly created beings used to guard God's throne. Lucifer as originally created as an anointed cherub to guard God's throne, yet he fell by coveting God's throne, and is also named as an angel.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You mean you haven't read Isaiah 14 where God calls Lucifer "a man"?
Okay. Just explain or show me in the bible where it says that all angels will be born as human beings.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay. Just explain or show me in the bible where it says that all angels will be born as human beings.
Your argument to start off with isn't even Biblical.

There is no such idea that angels are 'born'.

Angels were 'created'. And to show us what the future resurrection is about, Lord Jesus even said that those of the resurrection are as... the angels of God in Heaven. They don't marry nor take in marriage.

But somehow, the "sons of God" of Genesis 6 left their first state and did come down and mate with flesh woman. Now if you think that isn't possible, then it means you don't really believe The Holy Spirit incarnation of Jesus of Nazareth either.

So do you? Do you believe Jesus of Nazareth was incarnated into Mary's womb by The Holy Spirit, as written?

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your argument to start off with isn't even Biblical.

There is no such idea that angels are 'born'.

Angels were 'created'. And to show us what the future resurrection is about, Lord Jesus even said that those of the resurrection are as... the angels of God in Heaven. They don't marry nor take in marriage.

But somehow, the "sons of God" of Genesis 6 left their first state and did come down and mate with flesh woman. Now if you think that isn't possible, then it means you don't really believe The Holy Spirit incarnation of Jesus of Nazareth either.

So do you? Do you believe Jesus of Nazareth was incarnated into Mary's womb by The Holy Spirit, as written?
Just answer my question. Do all angels become human or not? Because you just said that Satan becomes a man.