The Religious Mind

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God became a Man who will be the Judge of all. As a Man, he is going to indeed judge partially on the basis of the outward appearance.
scripture ?
The head of every man is Christ...and the man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonours his head.

So then, while may not be a salvation issue, it does reflect on whether a man loves and respects Christ, if he knows the scriptures in question.
what about a homeless man . dude your barking up the wrong tree.that is legalism at its best give your scripture source book chapter verse

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
scripture ?

John 1:1,14, Acts 17:31, 1 Samuel 16:7.

what about a homeless man . dude your barking up the wrong tree.that is legalism at its best give your scripture source book chapter verse

There are services for homeless people who desire to be cleaned up.

1 Corinthians 11:3-4, 1 Thessalonians 5:17.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1:1,14, Acts 17:31, 1 Samuel 16:7.

There are services for homeless people who desire to be cleaned up.

1 Corinthians 11:3-4, 1 Thessalonians 5:17.
ok ive had enough you are legalistic and i dont deal with that. the bible says in that day God will judge the secrets of man's heart by his son christ jesus. you are very judgmental i suggest you clean your own door step up before telling others to clean there's

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Clean your own doorstep...this is not a judgmental statement?

With the same measure that ye mete, it shall be meted back to you.

It is His Son Christ Jesus.

I am not legalistic in the slightest.

But I am faithful in that which is least, which should tell you that I will also be faithful in that which is greater.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sure and i am president ofabig corp.. you judge to the outer appearance
No; actually I do not judge anyone in my church that is male and wears a hat or long hair or that is female with short hair or even shorn. I consider that they may simply be ignorant of the scriptures in question. (I do not delve into the extent of their scriptural knowledge for the most part).

I will say that if they are aware of them (the scriptures in question), that what they do outwardly would then reflect accurately what is in their heart...whether they truly reverence the Lord or not.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While I do not approve of the way that the preacher singled John out, I believe that there is biblical reasoning behind the concept that men ought not to wear hats, period.

In 1 Corinthians 11, it declares that if a man prays or prophesies having his head covered, he dishonours his head. And just previous to that it says that the head of every man is Christ. Therefore, if a man prays or prophesies with his head covered, he dishonours Christ.

And in 1 Thessalonians 5:17 we are told to pray without ceasing (to be in constant communion with the Lord).

So then, I am always praying; and therefore if I wear a hat to cover my head I am dishonouring the Lord.

There are those who would say that this is a peripheral issue; however in 1 Corinthians 11 the context speaks of the fact that this practice is because of the angels. What this means is that holy angels are stumbled by discrepancies in our propriety in worship: if a man prays or prophesies with his head covered; or if a woman prays or prophesies with her head uncovered: angels will be stumbled by the behaviour for specific reason.

It seems to be a thing that is least important; but in Luke 16:10 it is written that whosoever will be faithful in that which is least will be faithful in the greater things: and whoever is unjust in that which is least will be unfaithful in greater things.

So then, it is important.

I do not know that I would go to the extent of rebuking publicly someone who is ignorant of these truths; unless I had already gone to them privately and consulted with them about it. If someone is willfully rebellious concerning such a thing, then it is clear that they do not care if they are dishonouring Christ concerning this matter. And that they also do not care if they are stumbling holy angels by their behaviour.

It should be clear that women are to have long hair and men, short; and that this is the way that holy angels generally tell the difference between men and women (people too; except in more recent days wherein one must needs inspect the crotch in order to know the gender of a person).

Disrespect of the Lord is an issue in the church that is important.

If a person has bad knees and can stand to walk and go places, then they can stand for the reading of God's word, in honour of people like William Tyndale who were burned at the stake so that we could have easy access to Bibles today. See Psalms 1:5. I sometimes do sit on purpose when others are standing as a confession of sin when my heart has not been right with the Lord.

You can accuse me of having a "religious spirit" if you like; that does not bother me.

From my perspective, I am being faithful in that which is least; and this should be evidence to the reader that I will also be faithful in that which appears to be more important.

Ha! Ha! Have you ever had a sun burnt head???

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ha! Ha! Have you ever had a sun burnt head???
Jesus said that all the hairs of your head are numbered and that

Luk 21:18, But there shall not an hair of your head perish.

Therefore, I will let you make the conclusion about those who are bald and who would need a hat to protect their head from sunburn.

Of course, it was either Elijah or Elisha who was mocked by teenagers over the fact that he was bald.

But for the most part, the Lord is going to preserve the hair of those who trust in Him.

And even if He doesn't, there is such a thing as suntan lotion; or simply not going out into the elements when the sun is shining hot.

I am not saying that if a man wears a hat, that he isn't saved...

I am saying that it is a matter of respect that is the issue here.

What is in your heart will determine your outward behaviour. Is this not the epitome of James' statement that faith without works is dead?

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said that all the hairs of your head are numbered and that

Luk 21:18, But there shall not an hair of your head perish.

Therefore, I will let you make the conclusion about those who are bald and who would need a hat to protect their head from sunburn.

Of course, it was either Elijah or Elisha who was mocked by teenagers over the fact that he was bald.

But for the most part, the Lord is going to preserve the hair of those who trust in Him.

And even if He doesn't, there is such a thing as suntan lotion; or simply not going out into the elements when the sun is shining hot.

I am not saying that if a man wears a hat, that he isn't saved...

I am saying that it is a matter of respect that is the issue here.

What is in your heart will determine your outward behaviour. Is this not the epitome of James' statement that faith without works is dead?

So you identify with the man and his microphone and would have done the same thing. Shame on you.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you identify with the man and his microphone and would have done the same thing. Shame on you.
I would nor have done the same thing; or else I would have already done it by now in my own church.

I said before (but evidently you desire to be in ignorance of what I have said) that I consider that people may indeed be ignorant of the scriptures in question and that I do not normally delve into the extent of their scriptural knowledge.

I consider that if they have the understanding that to wear a hat or long hair while praying of prophesying is dishonouring to the Lord; and also deliberately wear a hat or long hair, with that knowledge in their minds;

that the obvious conclusion is that they are deliberately being dishonouring to the Lord or else they don't care that their behaviour is dishonouriing to Him.

But personally, I don't judge people based on their outward appearance alone (even though I am a man and not God); but I give them the benefit of the doubt and consider that they are simply ignorant of the scriptures in question.

I consider that the process of sanctification is still being developed in their lives and that when they understand the scriptures in question, they will obey them if they really love our Lord Jesus Christ.

Because I consider that if anyone loves Jesus, it is not in their heart to do what they know is dishonouring to Him.

I consider such behaviour to be that of an unbeliever. And I simply consider and treat everyone who walks into my church to be a believer (even though they may be as a hamburger in a McDonald's, the fact that they are in church warrants that they be treated like a Christian).

Last edited:

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No; actually I do not judge anyone in my church that is male and wears a hat or long hair or that is female with short hair or even shorn. I consider that they may simply be ignorant of the scriptures in question. (I do not delve into the extent of their scriptural knowledge for the most part).

I will say that if they are aware of them (the scriptures in question), that what they do outwardly would then reflect accurately what is in their heart...whether they truly reverence the Lord or not.
so wearing a hat is sin ? you ever worked out in the hot sun? a hat can be your best friend ..your taking things out of context we are all ignorant of scripture to some degree i dont agree with woman and what i call butch hair cuts there are woman that will have there hair all cut off to support some one going through chemo . might i had my wife for one can not wear long hair it gives her a head ache

Reactions: Helen

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A woman who does not wear her hair long is not dishonouring Christ...she is dishonouring her husband.

If she is unmarried, she is dishonouring the order of creation that the Lord has instituted, that the man has authority over the woman.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A woman who does not wear her hair long is not dishonouring Christ...she is dishonouring her husband.

If she is unmarried, she is dishonouring the order of creation that the Lord has instituted, that the man has authority over the woman.

Are you being serious...or just joking!!
Surely you are not THAT legalist and religious????

....thumbdown[1].gif

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you being serious...or just joking!!
Surely you are THAT legalist and religious????

....View attachment 7323
Hey, if you cannot receive it, then don't receive it.

Mat 19:12, For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Don't be ridiculous. How long is long? Do you mean never-been-cut long, shoulder length long or waist length? My husband is not dishonoured in any way.

Reactions: Nancy

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ummm my wife is not dishonoring me you got issues

Don't be ridiculous. How long is long? Do you mean never-been-cut long, shoulder length long or waist length? My husband is not dishonoured in any way.

Both of you are denying what the holy scripture says:

1Co 11:3, But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
1Co 11:4, Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.
1Co 11:5, But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

I would suggest that you have bigger problems than your haircuts. You either don't know the Bible or else you don't believe what it says; and that would make you less than Christian.