The Restrainer

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 11:33 KJV
[33] Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions,

Behold I show you a mystery?
Greek: μυστήριον
Transliteration: mustērion
Pronunciation: moos-tay'-ree-on
Definition: From a derivative of μύω muō (to shut the mouth); a secret or mystery (through the idea of silence imposed by initiation into religious rites): - mystery
To shut the mouth.
Who is the lion?

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deceptive nonsense. Is there any Truth in you?

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You said you judge angels.

The scripture I posted says that we, Christians, will judge Angels. I believe it means what it says. I do not claim to be judging angels at this present moment in time; you, on the other hand, have claimed that you are doing so when I asked you earlier if you were presently in the business of judging Angel's. Please refer to your post #222

Reactions: tzcho2

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is going nowhere. Sorry to hijack thread
Hey, You didn't hijack the thread you helped to shed some biblical light and expose the false beliefs of the amillennialism that can't give a straight answer when faced with scriptures that contradict the spiritualizing of scriptures . Where's the evidence we are ruling nations? and judging angels ?? ummm.......it means "pastors"??? since when does "angels" mean "pastors"?? And the denial that the Lord Jesus will return physically, etc, etc.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scripture I posted says that we, Christians, will judge Angels. I believe it means what it says. I do not claim to be judging angels at this present moment in time; you, on the other hand, have claimed that you are doing so when I asked you earlier if you were presently in the business of judging Angel's. Please refer to your post #222
2 Timothy 3:16 KJV
[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Tecarta BibleDo you despise correction?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, You didn't hijack the thread you helped to shed some biblical light and expose the false beliefs of the amillennialism that can't give a straight answer when faced with scriptures that contradict the spiritualizing of scriptures . Where's the evidence we are ruling nations? and judging angels ?? ummm.......it means "pastors"??? since when does "angels" mean "pastors"?? And the denial that the Lord Jesus will return physically, etc, etc.
Greek: ἄγγελος
Transliteration: aggelos
Pronunciation: ang'-el-os
Definition: From ἀγγέλλω aggellō (probably derived from G71; compare G34; to bring tidings); a messenger; especially an angel; by implication a pastor: - angel messenger

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The unregenerate heart wants to read scripture, and say in their heart... wow I’m gonna be exalted above the angles of god.
Scripture is for reproof and correction.
Jesus himself manifests many times in scripture as the the angel of the Lord.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Definition: From ἀγγέλλω aggellō (probably derived from G71; compare G34; to bring tidings); a messenger; especially an angel; by implication a pastor: - angel messenger
No where does angel mean a pastor.
angel means angel. Angels were used by God as messengers . Angels are sent to give mankind messages. Pastors give messages to their congregation, but that does not mean the word angel is interchangeable with the word Pastor.

Reactions: friend of

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

That's twice you've posted this definition, so I will ask you again

Are all Angels (in scripture) merely human pastors?

Was the angel sent to guard the entrance to Eden a human pastor?

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The unregenerate heart wants to read scripture, and say in their heart... wow I’m gonna be exalted above the angles of god.
Why can't you answer a straight question? but you like to judge other people and toss out scripture out of context I might add , and btw, apparently you don't think the scripture is for reproof for your misconceptions & misrepresentations of Bible prophecy ?

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are confused, dear man. In 1 Cor Paul says the saints will be judging angels. We are not exalting ourselves. Do you not know this scripture?
1 Cor 6: ""2 Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases? 3Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!"

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Before you start asking more questions I think you should really answer some of ours.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whom ever thinks they’ll be greatest in the kingdom of God is not fit to judge anything, but rather are already judged

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you speaking to Apostle Paul? saying he is not fit to judge anything?
2 Corinthians 12:11 KJV
[11] I am become a fool in glorying; ye have compelled me: for I ought to have been commended of you: for in nothing am I behind the very chiefest apostles, though I be nothing.

Tecarta Bible