The Restrainer

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, for everyone saying we're in the Millenial Kingdom at this time, you really have to provide the date or significant event that Satan's release coincided with.
Wrong choice of words! "Millennial Kingdom" is a religious term, fabricated by "Religion".
When used, in the way that you just did, it forms a picture in the christian's mind, of resurrected people (new bodies of immortality), living on earth with unresurrected people (mortal flesh) TOGETHER, for a literal thousand years, of which makes no sense in the mind of a born again Christian!

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wrong choice of words! "Millennial Kingdom" is a religious term, fabricated by "Religion".

Granted. Can you answer my question about when Satan was loosed now? Give an approximate date.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you can interpret that to be literal, then I will understand that there will be a thousand year reign of Christ on the earth.

It is not metaphorical when the bible says he will be imprisoned and then released for a short while. You need to explain this in light of your eschatology. What is your position again? Amill? Historicist?

Reactions: tzcho2

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So, you guys think we are in the millennial kingdom now and Christ Jesus is reigning on earth?

And are you guys judging the nations now? Do tell. Or is that also mere metaphorical language for something else?

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This world filled with murderous terrorists, pedophiles, violent gangs & drug cartels -- increasingly filled with evil , corruption, violence & murder is evidence that the Lord Jesus is reigning over it and Satan is bound?
You have a wrong understanding about "reigning" .
Jesus is not reigning over the earth to save the earth!! He is reigning to save/seal/preserve people from out of the earth, for when He returns.
Born again Christians are now made to be kings and priests unto HIM. In Christ's stead we are His ambassadors, reaching out to others, so that they can be reconciled to God. IOWs, Helping and leading others to Christ as their Sacrifice for sin. That's what priests did, and do!!
We are kings by His Holy Spirit within us.
And because the King of kings IS WITHIN US, we are kings unto Him and no one else!
Rev. 1[5] And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth [those who are begotten by the Holy Spirit].
Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
[6] AND hath made [present tense] us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Reactions: Waiting on him

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus is not reigning over the earth to save the earth!! He is reigning to save/seal/preserve people from out of the earth, for when He returns.

That doesn't explain why so many Christian's are being murdered in various parts of the world.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And are you guys judging the nations now? Do tell. Or is that also mere metaphorical language for something else?
Every time a born again Christian witnesses about Christ to an unsaved person, whether that person receives Christ or walks away, yes a judgment has come unto them! They can be saved now and then, or walk away and remain "condemned already" . God forbid that they should die physically after walking away. The salvation call of God may not come to them for awhile.
Don't you get it? Jesus IS THE JUDGMENT!!
If you don't come to God through Jesus, when called, you just may end up remaining in the condition of being "condemned ALREADY". KJV- John 3:18.
Go back to Isa. 55:8-9, and dwell on it some more!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That doesn't explain why so many Christian's are being murdered in various parts of the world.
You are not listening to Christ!

Rev. 6[9] And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
[10] And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
[11] And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 21:5 KJV
[5] And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Tecarta Bible

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Granted. Can you answer my question about when Satan was loosed now? Give an approximate date.
I am trying to get you there. However, because your way of thinking is bent on date setting, it's probably hard for you to understand and perceive that there IS NO set criteria for "earth time" in God's mind, during this Age of his Grace.
The ONLY THING that will end His Age of Grace is when people show a LACK OF FAITH.
IOWS if people still have faith to be saved by Christ for another 200+ years, God the Father will not send His Son to return!!
Do read and digest the following verses:
KJV- Luke 18:8; 2 Thes. 2:3.

B

brakelite

So, you guys think we are in the millennial kingdom now and Christ Jesus is reigning on earth?
Not me,, not at all. Christ reigns only in us as individuals, more or less, and to a limited extent in some churches, more or less.

Reactions: friend of
B

brakelite

I am trying to get you there. However, because your way of thinking is bent on date setting, it's probably hard for you to understand and perceive that there IS NO set criteria for "earth time" in God's mind, during this Age of his Grace.
The ONLY THING that will end His Age of Grace is when people show a LACK OF FAITH.
IOWS if people still have faith to be saved by Christ for another 200+ years, God the Father will not send His Son to return!!
Do read and digest the following verses:
KJV- Luke 18:8; 2 Thes. 2:3.
Are you aware that your so called "age of grace" is a man made appellation? If there was a real age of grace in God's mind, it began at Eden.

B

brakelite

Now that is a good point. In an earlier post of mine that particular aspect I had forgotten about. Judging angels is another.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also please read 2 Peter 3[9] The Lord is not slack concerning his promise [of Christ who came], as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward,
not willing
that any should perish,
but that ALL should come to repentance.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Earburner If you're not going to tell me when he was loosed/released at least tell us how this scripture has been fulfilled. Thanks.

B

brakelite

Are you aware that your so called "age of grace" is a man made appellation? If there was a real age of grace in God's mind, it began at Eden.
@Earburner my point being is that Christians who seem to enjoy using that terminology for whatever reason, are consciously, or subconsciously, suggesting that there was an age when people were saved by some means other than grace. I suspect there are some serious underlying reasons for this, but will save them for another time.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think this part of scripture is rather fascinating. What does it mean to do such a thing as judge angels? It's both mysterious and exciting. But I'd like @Earburner to tell me which angels he's been judging lately.
See Strong's 2919 for the word "judge" and take your pick.