The Restrainer

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree--the Antichrist will probably convince those who fall into his deception that he has been manifested throughout the ages as "Lord Krishna", "the Buddha", etc. and "many other gods and goddesses". I have already heard something like it from those who say, "All religions are good". I have had discussions with a "Christian atheist" who insists that, while he is not personally a believer, he thinks that Christianity is a "force for good" in the world because it "makes people behave themselves". :eek:
I agree and covered those issues in threads on Pentecostalism and the occult.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. Devout RC (and, like Hitler, a strong believer in the occult at the same time), Heinrich Himmler said that he so admired the Jesuits that he patterned his SS troops after the Jesuits. Himmler turned the SS headquarters, Wewelsburg Castle into a nightmare of occult rituals under occult symbolism. It has since been turned into a museum by the German government and is something of a shrine for far-right lunatics. Others who have visited say that it is a very creepy place.

The RCC, as always, plays both sides of any political divide and promotes the conflict between far-right and far-left. Divide and conquer strategy.
Soon after the 4 bound angels (4 nations of military power) are loosed (unleashed) in the Euphrates river region, and 33% of the world pop. are killed (Rev. 9:4), the RCC and many of the main line Protestant churches are going to be spiritually devastated and eclipsed by the New One World Millennium Project.
The Millennium Project – TMP

15 Global Challenges – The Millennium Project

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Matt 24:23-27
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, "Lo, here is Christ, or there"; believe it not.

Is Jesus being specific about the idea of many saying they are Christ? No, of course not. He is warning about a specific false one OTHERS will believe is The Christ. Huge difference.

This particular passage is speaking in plural. Saying "here, or there" is talking about multiple claims by multiple people.

Christ is synonymous with saviour. It's another way of saying many false saviours will be present at the time. Christian's (who actually read and study the bible) will recognize MoS for who he is, otherwise it wouldn't be written in 2 Thessalonians 2:3 that he will be "revealed." How can he be revealed if you're suggesting he's going to deceive a majority of Christian's? No, it's we who will be able to identify him, the rest of the world's religious adherents will be blinded and accept him as a new spiritual leader, turning all other religions and forms of worldly spirituality into a melting pot against Christianity, which will stand out in its refusal to conform, turning itself into an obstacle.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh wow, that is awesome Phone! What an honor for you to give the Mother's Day sermon. And, I do believe I heard about something like this a long time ago in the news. Great comparison. ♥
Praise God. What the world needs today is more praying mothers.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praise God. What the world needs today is more praying mothers.

You got that right. I know of way too many single mothers out there who are still children themselves, in many ways. It is so easy to see what God meant by praying without ceasing...we can never run out of those who need prayer! Not to mention the prayers of gratitude, praise, thanksgiving...

Reactions: Phoneman777

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I absolutely do.

The SDA is a cult.
So, you'll admit the church of Rome is wrong on everything else, but somehow Jesuit Ribera - who sought from the Bible confirmation of his own truth rather than to be instructed in what God says is truth - managed to get right the whole issue of the Antichrist, which just so happen to exonerate the papacy which at the time was being accused as the Antichrist by every Protestant Christian under the sun? Got it.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eh...maybe not so gentle..! Let me tell you what I think about this so called 'toxic masulinity' rubbish...:rolleyes: Sure...some men are jerks. But some women are harpies. But men are just men, and so they ought to be.

Okay, thanks. I'll try and chisel out some time to do some reading about this. I'm listening to some talks brakelite recommended as well. I truly can't say which 'side' I'll come down on, but I don't like making judgement calls when I don't know enough, that seems foolish and based on nothing but a stubbon need to hold onto familiar teaching.
I appreciate your interest in this. I've been studying it for years and as a former Futurist, I was so grateful to God for showing me the ins and outs of Historicism. I'm here if you have any questions, but Brakelite is the go to guy for the really hard questions he def knows a lot!

Reactions: Naomi25

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What "truth"? You have some crazy theory about Rome being the restrainer of the Antichrist, when the Antichrist is the one who will manipulate Rome with his little finger when the time comes.
It's not crazy to conclude that the Little Horn which comes up among the Ten Horns of the fallen Roman Empire is the papal Antichrist, which was restrained from rising by Pagan Roman Caesars, because the while the Caesars reigned, the Popes could not.

This is textbook Protestant Historicism and was taught and believed by zillions of Protestant Christians before Jesuit Futurism took hold of the Protestant church and duped so many of us.

Reactions: brakelite

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever looked at the Codex Sinaiticus? It is online and can be searched. There is nothing particularly heretical about it. It is essentially the same New Testament we have today even though a little bit of text is missing due to laying around in a Greek monastery for centuries. It was actually discovered in a pile of manuscripts that were to be trashed. It has been dated to no later than the early 300's. It is extremely fragile and has special circumstances set up to preserve it. It is not some kind of "lie from the Jesuits"--they didn't even exist until the sixteenth century.

The "best" Bible is the one that believers will actually read and study. There is enough duplication of thought that even if translational errors have occurred (and the KJV is not immune to that either) the overall message of Scripture remains as pure as the day it was given through the Holy Spirit. Do you not believe that the Holy Spirit could defend the word that He inspired?
The papacy did have a hand in the "discovery" of Codex S. A year before Tichendorf "discovered" it in the trash, he went to Rome to see the Pope. Many believe it was then that this psuedo Protestant hatched a plan with the papacy to recover these documents. They have been examined by many learned men and are found to contain so many errors and much cause for suspicion. The Textus Receptus is the best NT MSS and was the MSS for the Protestant Reformation. Tichendorf, Westcott, Hort, and their cohorts were exposed as false Protestants with much affinity for the church of Rome, Mary, etc.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you'll admit the church of Rome is wrong on everything else, but somehow Jesuit Ribera - who sought from the Bible confirmation of his own truth rather than to be instructed in what God says is truth - managed to get right the whole issue of the Antichrist, which just so happen to exonerate the papacy which at the time was being accused as the Antichrist by every Protestant Christian under the sun? Got it.
He was correct that the AC will not be the Pope.

He was not a pre-tribulation rapture believer. He was an amillennialist
Francisco Ribera - Wikipedia

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You got that right. I know of way too many single mothers out there who are still children themselves, in many ways. It is so easy to see what God meant by praying without ceasing...we can never run out of those who need prayer! Not to mention the prayers of gratitude, praise, thanksgiving...
Amen to that! We take so much for granted. Here in the U.S. we can worship freely without persecution excpet for maybe some leftists mocking or cursing at us, but in other countries, it is a deadly danger to be a Christian.

Reactions: Nancy

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The papacy did have a hand in the "discovery" of Codex S. A year before Tichendorf "discovered" it in the trash, he went to Rome to see the Pope. Many believe it was then that this psuedo Protestant hatched a plan with the papacy to recover these documents. They have been examined by many learned men and are found to contain so many errors and much cause for suspicion. The Textus Receptus is the best NT MSS and was the MSS for the Protestant Reformation. Tichendorf, Westcott, Hort, and their cohorts were exposed as false Protestants with much affinity for the church of Rome, Mary, etc.
The Textus Receptus was written by the Roman Catholic priest Erasmus.

B

brakelite

I'm here if you have any questions, but Brakelite is the go to guy for the really hard questions he def knows a lot!
Yeah, right. Thanks bro!
th

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He was correct that the AC will not be the Pope.

He was not a pre-tribulation rapture believer. He was an amillennialist
Francisco Ribera - Wikipedia
Ribera was correct about NOTHING. Just like you, he went to the Bible to confirm his personal "truth" rather than allow the Holy Spirit to reveal it to him from its pages. He taught what you believe: that the Antichrist is one man who will come at the end of time and sit down in a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem and make a Jew/Arab peace treaty yada yada yada. You Jesuit Futurists should lay aside your own ideas and let the Holy Spirit teach you from Scripture about the Antichrist, just like so many of the great Reformers.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
KJV versus Modern Translations

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ribera was correct about NOTHING. Just like you, he went to the Bible to confirm his personal "truth" rather than allow the Holy Spirit to reveal it to him from its pages. He taught what you believe: that the Antichrist is one man who will come at the end of time and sit down in a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem and make a Jew/Arab peace treaty yada yada yada. You Jesuit Futurists should lay aside your own ideas and let the Holy Spirit teach you from Scripture about the Antichrist, just like so many of the great Reformers.
You mean like you believe the Holy Spirit revealed truth to Ellen G White?

B

brakelite

Imo prolly this immortal must put on immortality for that
LOL< just going over the thread again, and noted this...you didn't really mean this immortal huh. Cos, yeah, we are most definitely mortal creatures...we die...the whole being...despite Satan's denial of that in the garden, and modern Christendom's denial of the same.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Textus Receptus was written by the Roman Catholic priest Erasmus.
Not all of it. And let's not pretend Erasmus was the typical papist. He was a seeker of truth. He sought to EXPOSE the errors of papal Western Family MSS. In 1516, he published a revolutionary Bible format which had on each page both the Greek and the Latin, the one facing the other, so that comparisons of the two could easily be made.

He said blasphemously, "Latin scholarship, however elaborate, is maimed and reduced by half without Greek. For whereas we Latins have but a few small streams, a few muddy pools, the Greek possess crystal clear springs and rivers that run with gold."

Erasmus said the Vulgate was so corrupt, he published a new Latin translation based on the Greek. When he published his dual language Bible, the corrupted Latin was on full display.

Such words would have easily earned someone a trip to the stake. For instance, the Greek says, "Except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish" but the corrupted Latin said, "Unless you do penance, ye shall all likewise perish" - salvation by works.

Reactions: bbyrd009