The Resurrection is for all people (thank you Yeshua!)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What do you believe?

• All are.

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • All are not.

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BeyondEt,

It is always good to learn from the King friend, and there are so many principles and values people can learn from Him. Speaking earlier of my mom, she let me read Exodus chapter 3-5, to her. Exodus will be next weeks reading, which to read from Chapter 1 to 21 and the the next week the rest of the chapters. Thank you for sharing, and commenting.

Thank you to all who share in comment. Maybe some people are right and I could be wrong everyone should be encouraged though to read the word because hearing comes by faith and that comes at the cost of reading and hearing the word of God. Studying is helpful to by the Holy Spirit and May he lead you in the right paths.

Yes indeed rather old or new much can be learned, enjoy your studys with your mom, i enjoyed the thread my friend.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are familiar with death bed repentances then @Earburner? Isn’t is similar to the thief on the cross? My flesh still sins and falls short, however while in my life of having accepted Yeshua would a Father who looks at believers who are his children expect them to grow? To grow like Jesus did? He grew up in stature and wisdom. That is why I had empathized on the growing In knowledge of God and the Lord and allowing the flesh to die and the spirit to grow.

My mother is a believer, in the death, burial and resurrection. However she never takes the time to read the Bible, is she fine where she is? I do believe so, through reading and studying no matter at what age feeding of Jesus flesh and drinking his blood is good while you are given life to do so, if that is something you pursue in one’s own life.

Your new heaven and new earth analogy, I don’t discredit.
Many people earnestly believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus, knowing full well that He Ascended bodily into Heaven, and is going to return in like manner.
The Gospels and the epistles are very clear on the simplicity of belief, repentance and faith.

We as believers, who do study His word and do walk in His Spirit, do so by His Grace, so that we "may know the power of His resurrection", and not for our own self will to achieve.
Therefore, none of us have the authority to judge the status of others in the Lord. For all who just simply believe in Him for salvation, they all are highly favored and equally loved by Him, who gave His life for us all.
2Pet.3[9] The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Thank you for not discrediting my understanding about my view on what the New heaven and New earth are.
The reality of my concept began when I realized what exactly it is that God longs for, and where He desires to dwell. Not only that, but in the New state of Being, that Jesus is now living in, He has not required this global earth, or one like it for over 2000 years.
But we, who are going to be resurrected into our inheritance, the likeness of His immortality, think that we will need, or should have another global earth?
To me, that way of thinking doesn't add up within me anymore.
Edit:
Jesus said this:
John.14[3] And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChristisGod

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems like being throw into the all consuming fire that is God and having things about oneself burned away? Perhaps similar to a refinement fire. Jesus was said to come baptizing in the Holy Spirit and fire.
I have entertained the same thoughts. One verse comes to mind, revealing more light in what you say:
Malachi 3
[1] Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me [John the Baptist, in the spirit/likeness of Elijah?]:
and the Lord, [Jesus] whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to this temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.
[2] But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:
[3] And he [Jesus] shall sit as a refiner and purifer of silver: and he [Jesus] shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD [God the Father] an offering in righteousness [the Righteousness of/from God].
However, having said that, it does not take away the reality of His Second coming, of which shall be from Heaven, in flaming fire, in all the splendor of His Glory.
We must not forget that our salvation is a two stage process. Without the the Spirit of God and His Righteousness being first deposited within us, it is impossible for us to be resurrected into the likeness of His immortality. John 3:7, Romans 8:8-9.

It is possible that in the prophet's speaking, he combined the two comings of Jesus as one, and could not differentiate the length of time between the two appearances of Jesus.

Edit:
Jesus said this:
John.14[3] And if I go and prepare a place for you,
I will come again, and receive you unto myself; [so] that where I am, there ye may be also.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChristisGod

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Christophany, since you have liked a few of my comments on this thread, is there anything that the Lord has impressed upon your heart, that is similar to what I am saying?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Christophany, since you have liked a few of my comments on this thread, is there anything that the Lord has impressed upon your heart, that is similar to what I am saying?
I’ll let you know when I’m home after golfing :)

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Earburner,

It is appreciated for you sharing your thoughts, along with others here.

God is good. :)

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t know.

Let’s look at something interesting though.

image.jpg image.jpg

From Vines Complete Expository Dictionary Of Old And New Testament Words

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe all will be resurrected. The righteous will have new bodies in the new heavens and earth. The wicked will be resurrected and thrown bodily into the lake of fire as clearly stated.
Revelation 20:15 NKJV

15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bodily Resurrection is at the heart of the gospel as per the book of Acts and 1 Corinthians 15. So its foundational for saving faith to believe in the bodily Resurrection/Ascension and 2nd Coming of Christ and that believers will be raised from the dead bodily ( in the flesh ) as Jesus said of His resurrected body in Luke 24:39. Paul drives this home in 1 Corinthians 15 when he says if Christ is not risen from the dead then your faith is in vain and we are still dead in our sins.

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: Earburner

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
MattG, a simple question for you to consider.

What does the Sea represent in Scripture?
I don’t know.
On this point consider @MatthewG what Peter walked upon toward Jesus. What happened when he took his eyes off of Jesus looking fearfully down and around?

"And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea.
And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.
But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.
And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.
And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me." Matt 14:25-30

Consider at least two types of water mentioned in scripture, the deadly water of the sea on which Jesus and Peter walked and upon which, I believe, we should be walking... and then the Water of Life which Jesus mentions to the Samaritan woman...

Perhaps the former is the spoiled or overly salted or stagnate water of men and their ways on which Jesus walked. For the flesh such water is poisonous to the body of a man. We need to drink fresh water... not walk on it. It reminds me of my own schooling what I was taught that the human body is mostly water.

What kind of water are we, the water of the old man or of the new man?

Do we consume the good pure water or do we drown in or die from consuming dirty water? If it is dirty it certainly would be better to walk on top of it than to become immersed in it...or?

But then...

"And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations." Rev 22:1-2

"Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water." John 4:10

Reactions: BarneyFife

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Earburner,

It is appreciated for you sharing your thoughts, along with others here.

God is good. :)
Thanks for listening Matt. I know that what I am saying in regards to who the New heavens and New earth are, is diametrically opposed to the current way of thinking.
However, in regards to what I had previously said about the prophet Malachi and his words concerning the Lord's first appearance**, I am now going to add in what the Lord said about His return.

**"It is possible that in the prophet's speaking, he combined the two comings of Jesus as one, and could not differentiate the length of time between the two appearances of Jesus."

I now add in this:
Matthew 24[31] And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
[32] Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
[33] So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
[34] Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
[35] Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
[36] But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Now, since even Jesus Himself does not know when heaven and earth shall pass away, but the Father only, that is a clear understanding to me that the prophet Malachi had no understanding of anything about two appearances of Jesus, and therefore His prophecy sounds as if all was going to take place at Jesus' first appearance.
In discerning the Lord's appearance(s), we all should be alert to this, so as not to make a similar mistake with all the OT prophecies.

In all actuality, we should also consider that ever since Pentecost, Jesus is NOW coming to each of us through the Holy Spirit, as being also an "appearance", but on the personal level. Revelation 3:20. John 3:7

Appearances?
Maybe not only two, but rather three.
Edit:
John.14[18] I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe all will be resurrected. The righteous will have new bodies in the new heavens and earth. The wicked will be resurrected and thrown bodily into the lake of fire as clearly stated.
Revelation 20:15 NKJV

15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

I’m not so sure.

On this point consider @MatthewG what Peter walked upon toward Jesus. What happened when he took his eyes off of Jesus looking fearfully down and around?

"And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea.
And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.
But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.
And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.
And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me." Matt 14:25-30

Consider at least two types of water mentioned in scripture, the deadly water of the sea on which Jesus and Peter walked and upon which, I believe, we should be walking... and then the Water of Life which Jesus mentions to the Samaritan woman...

Perhaps the former is the spoiled or overly salted or stagnate water of men and their ways on which Jesus walked. For the flesh such water is poisonous to the body of a man. We need to drink fresh water... not walk on it. It reminds me of my own schooling what I was taught that the human body is mostly water.

What kind of water are we, the water of the old man or of the new man?

Do we consume the good pure water or do we drown in or die from consuming dirty water? If it is dirty it certainly would be better to walk on top of it than to become immersed in it...or?

But then...

"And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations." Rev 22:1-2

"Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water." John 4:10

I don’t know.

Thanks for listening Matt. I know that what I am saying in regards to who the New heavens and New earth are, is diametrically opposed to the current way of thinking.
However, in regards to what I had previously said about the prophet Malachi and his words concerning the Lord's first appearance**, I am now going to add in what the Lord said about His return.

**"It is possible that in the prophet's speaking, he combined the two comings of Jesus as one, and could not differentiate the length of time between the two appearances of Jesus."

I now add in this:
Matthew 24[31] And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
[32] Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
[33] So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
[34] Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
[35] Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
[36] But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Now, since even Jesus Himself does not know when heaven and earth shall pass away, but the Father only, that is a clear understanding to me that the prophet Malachi had no understanding of anything about two appearances of Jesus, and therefore His prophecy sounds as if all was going to take place at Jesus' first appearance.
In discerning the Lord's appearance(s), we all should be alert to this, so as not to make a similar mistake with all the OT prophecies.

In all actuality, we should also consider that ever since Pentecost, Jesus is NOW coming to each of us through the Holy Spirit, as being also an "appearance", but on the personal level. Revelation 3:20. John 3:7

Appearances?
Maybe not only two, but rather three.
Edit:
John.14[18] I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

I need to finish reading this one book I got by Glenn Hill.

Reactions: amadeus

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bodily Resurrection is at the heart of the gospel as per the book of Acts and 1 Corinthians 15. So its foundational for saving faith to believe in the bodily Resurrection/Ascension and 2nd Coming of Christ and that believers will be raised from the dead bodily ( in the flesh ) as Jesus said of His resurrected body in Luke 24:39. Paul drives this home in 1 Corinthians 15 when he says if Christ is not risen from the dead then your faith is in vain and we are still dead in our sins.

hope this helps !!!
Thanks for getting back to me:)

Amen! I agree whole heartedly.
However, have you considered the divine abilities of Jesus Himself, when after His bodily resurrection, He stood in the midst of the room, while the door was shut, because the disciples were in fear of the Jews.
And as for Paul on the road to Damascus, after Jesus' bodily Ascension, it was Jesus Himself who literally spoke to Paul, whereas the others with him only knew something had happened, but could not tell exactly what it was.

We, who are born again, are going to be resurrected into the likeness of His immortality

I could go on with that of the Transfiguration, of which "church-ianity" has fallen short of what that was really all about. This may help:
John.1[51] And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you say transfiguration what brings to my mind @Earburner is the fullness of the Lord Yeshua, being with his Father in fulness showing the Lord Yeshua to be the Lord God Almighty.

Yeah, perhaps haven't gotten to that part of looking into about Jesus and his bodily resurrection: Other than I believe that it happened; though it is strange, like this:

• John 20:15
  • 15 He asked her, “Woman, why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?”
  • Thinking he was the gardener, she said, “Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will get him.”
  • Why did she think he was the gardener? Was it because of the myriad of tears?
  • 16 Jesus said to her, “Mary.”
  • She turned toward him and cried out in Aramaic, “Rabboni!” (which means “Teacher”).
  • 17 Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”
Why is this wrote this way?
  • John 20:24-29
  • 24 Now Thomas (also known as Didymus), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. 25 So the other disciples told him, “We have seen the Lord!”
  • But he said to them, “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.”
  • 26 A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”
  • 28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”
  • 29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed;blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

Why is this also wrote this way? The Lord and My God part I understand, but why did Thomas touch Jesus, here but Mary couldn't? Jesus also told Thomas not to doubt : but to believe.

If anyone has any insights I would like to know but please make it easy for me to read and understand if it is possible.

Thank you so much.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do agree with you, that we become molded to the Lord, when we allow him to come into our hearts, that make sense we are building up our spiritual bodies here and now by allowing GOd to work in and through us by the Holy Spirit/Spirit of Christ.

2 Corinthians 3:18 But we all, with uncovered face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image, from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems like being throw into the all consuming fire that is God and having things about oneself burned away? Perhaps similar to a refinement fire. Jesus was said to come baptizing in the Holy Spirit and fire.

God is a refining fire to those who exercise faith, a measure of which is given to every man. To those who do not, He is a consuming fire.

But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the LORD shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away. (Psalm 37:20)

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don’t know.

I like your honesty MattG thank you

Revelation 20:13

The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and Death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each one was judged according to his deeds.

The Sea is always used in the Revelation as the Nations and it's logically to think that Heaven is not the place of the dead - its out of death & the grave that corrupted bodies will be raised and judged either for life or for permanent death.

Did you notice the issue though with the first phrase?

It's clear the Spirit is referring to those in the Nations who are alive at the time of Christs coming but are as though they are dead! Not literally dead, but figuratively dead!!! - the Spirit goes onto say also that the those who are death and in the grave (hades) will be resurrected.

1. Those alive at his coming
2. Those in the grave

I know it's an odd way to phrase but everyone who is alive during the Millennium are dead until they are judged according to their deeds.

@Aunty Jane - can you see how the imagery of the Sea's are the Nations, it's an apt description? See Revelation 15:2 "A sea of glass" this glassy sea is a sea that is crystal calm. It's a symbol that describes the nations at rest in contrast to Isaiah 57:20-21. Also see Revelation 4:6

A sea can be calm or tumultuous depending on the context of the passage. As I will continue to do Jane - each time this beautiful imagery is revealed I will show you its interpretation. So so many in the Lords final message to us!

F2F

Last edited:

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus speaks of hell as eternal torment.