The Resurrection is for all people (thank you Yeshua!)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What do you believe?

• All are.

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • All are not.

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are some people on the board, who may have a difficult time accepting this as truth, however having people continuously try to combat this notion, I’m going to post a view points here of general references to Resurrection being for all people.

• “And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, Some to everlasting life, Some to shame and everlasting contempt.”
  • ‭‭Daniel‬ ‭12:2‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

• “Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.”
  • ‭‭John‬ ‭5:28-29‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
  • “I have hope in God, which they themselves also accept, that there will be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and the unjust.”

• ‭‭Acts‬ ‭24:15‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
    • “The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works.”
    • ‭‭Revelation‬ ‭20:13‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
Now I do have belief that’s Jesus has come and returned and the resurrection for them in that day in age had come to fruition as promised by Jesus and I continue to believe these principles still stand today; even if you still believe Jesus Christ has not come yet.

These are just 5 Scriptures that prove that people will be resurrected from the dead, regardless of being justified in Christ not justified in Christ.

If you would like to debate this please feel free just know that Resurrection is a Ket essential in the Gospel of Christ because he did raise from the dead! God raised him!

Shalom

- Matthew Gallagher

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  • “And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, Some to everlasting life, Some to shame and everlasting contempt.”

• “Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.”
So much for the false doctrine of universalism and that there is a resurrection of condemnation, everlasting judgement/contempt/ shame/ eternal torment and others to life/bliss with Jesus.

Your own verses you have quoted contradict your beliefs.

hope this helps !!!

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are some people on the board, who may have a difficult time accepting this as truth, however having people continuously try to combat this notion, I’m going to post a view points here of general references to Resurrection being for all people.

• “I have hope in God, which they themselves also accept, that there will be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and the unjust.”

• ‭‭Acts‬ ‭24:15‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
    • “The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works.”
    • ‭‭Revelation‬ ‭20:13‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
Now I do have belief that’s Jesus has come and returned and the resurrection for them in that day in age had come to fruition as promised by Jesus and I continue to believe these principles still stand today; even if you still believe Jesus Christ has not come yet.

These are just 5 Scriptures that prove that people will be resurrected from the dead, regardless of being justified in Christ not justified in Christ.

If you would like to debate this please feel free just know that Resurrection is a Ket essential in the Gospel of Christ because he did raise from the dead! God raised him!

Shalom

- Matthew Gallagher
I think that if more people would fully comprehend just exactly WHAT the work of God is (John 6:29), there would be a simple and truthful understanding between a person's good works as opposed to another person's evil works. KJV John 3:18.
Iows, it's not all that complicated, as it appears in the printed words.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that if more people would fully comprehend just exactly WHAT the work of God is (John 6:29), there would be a simple and truthful understanding between a person's good works as opposed to another person's evil works. KJV John 3:18.
Do you support universalism and that there will not be a resurrection for those who are condemned as per Daniel 12:2 and John 5:28-29 ?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that if more people would fully comprehend just exactly WHAT the work of God is (John 6:29)

It is true that this is the work of God to believe on the one whom had sent the Lord Yeshua, and to love one another as given commandment (1 John 3:23).

However not everyone that dies believes on God, and the one he had sent.

, there would be a simple and truthful understanding between a person's good works as opposed to another person's evil works. KJV John 3:18.

The goods works being believing on the Son of God for all the things that he had done, right? However there are people who believe on the Son of God, and possibly still produce bad fruit too?

Then their are those who are still spiritually dead, who do not even look to God, but they can still do good things for their children, or wife, or husband or mother and father, however they have now faith in the Lord Jesus Christ?

Perhaps I over think things to much, everything can be simply stated truthfully and it boils down to either having faith on Jesus who is the way, the truth, and the life however it doesn't just end there at faith.

There is growing and learning and progressing in ones life spiritually as they continue in active faith, praying, reading, looking towards God, having love for God and others right?

Would like to hear some more of your thoughts if you would like to share.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is true that this is the work of God to believe on the one whom had sent the Lord Yeshua, and to love one another as given commandment (1 John 3:23).

However not everyone that dies believes on God, and the one he had sent.

The goods works being believing on the Son of God for all the things that he had done, right? However there are people who believe on the Son of God, and possibly still produce bad fruit too?

Then their are those who are still spiritually dead, who do not even look to God, but they can still do good things for their children, or wife, or husband or mother and father, however they have now faith in the Lord Jesus Christ?

Perhaps I over think things to much, everything can be simply stated truthfully and it boils down to either having faith on Jesus who is the way, the truth, and the life however it doesn't just end there at faith.

There is growing and learning and progressing in ones life spiritually as they continue in active faith, praying, reading, looking towards God, having love for God and others right?

Would like to hear some more of your thoughts if you would like to share.
Have you read John 15 ?

“I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. 3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.

What about Matthew 7

5 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you support universalism and that there will not be a resurrection for those who are condemned as per Daniel 12:2 and John 5:28-29 ?
No. I do not believe in universalism.
However I do percieve that there is more than meets the eye about earth/dust, and just exactly what Jesus is alluding to. It's not about the literal earth.

If we are to inherit immortality, then what "the meek" shall inherit is not anything of what church-ianity has been promoting to us.
KJV Mat. 5[5] Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

Gen. 2:[7] And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Dan. 12:2 And many of them that "sleep" IN the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
Luke 11[2] And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so IN earth.
2 Cor. 4[7] But we have this [His] treasure IN [our] earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

See also KJV** 1 Corinthians 8:5, Phillippians 2:10, Colossians 1:16,20, 1 John 5:8, Revelation 5:3.
**Edit:
The above scriptures that I had listed, will not be displayed from the KJV, but rather the ASV, which is rather sad, because the ASV replaces the KJV word "in" with "on" or "upon".
As a result, the word changes can and do twist the direct meaning of the verse. For example: anything that is "on" or "upon" something, is not "IN" that something.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChristisGod

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hands down, all can agree that the repentant thief on the cross, was suddenly with Jesus, having nothing to offer Him but his corrupted self.

What "work" was it that enabled that thief on the cross to be promised to be in the KoG with Jesus?
Ans. By his words: "remember me...", he showed his simple last minute faith in Christ.
Secondly, we all should review 1 Corinthians 3:11-15.
Thirdly, to be IN Jesus, is to be born again IN the KoG, aka the Kingdom of Heaven. If therefore we who believe in Jesus are in the Kingdom Heaven, is it not true that Jesus Himself IS the NEW Heaven?
Isaiah 55:8-9.

Edit: if Jesus is the NEW Heaven, wouldn't it also be true, that WE ARE the NEW earth?

Last edited:
Reactions: BeyondET

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are familiar with death bed repentances then @Earburner? Isn’t is similar to the thief on the cross? My flesh still sins and falls short, however while in my life of having accepted Yeshua would a Father who looks at believers who are his children expect them to grow? To grow like Jesus did? He grew up in stature and wisdom. That is why I had empathized on the growing In knowledge of God and the Lord and allowing the flesh to die and the spirit to grow.

My mother is a believer, in the death, burial and resurrection. However she never takes the time to read the Bible, is she fine where she is? I do believe so, through reading and studying no matter at what age feeding of Jesus flesh and drinking his blood is good while you are given life to do so, if that is something you pursue in one’s own life.

Your new heaven and new earth analogy, I don’t discredit.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does thrown into the fire and burned mean ?

It seems like being throw into the all consuming fire that is God and having things about oneself burned away? Perhaps similar to a refinement fire. Jesus was said to come baptizing in the Holy Spirit and fire.

Reactions: Earburner

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems like being throw into the all consuming fire that is God and having things about oneself burned away? Perhaps similar to a refinement fire. Jesus was said to come baptizing in the Holy Spirit and fire.

Mark 9:42-48
42 "And if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a large millstone tied around his neck. 43 If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out. 45 And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than to have two feet and be thrown into hell. 47 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell, 48 where

"'their worm does not die,
and the fire is not quenched
.'

Matthew 13:41-43
41 "The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all stumbling blocks, and those who commit lawlessness, 42 and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43 "Then THE RIGHTEOUS WILL SHINE FORTH AS THE SUN in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear.

Matthew 13:49-50
49 "So it will be at the end of the age; the angels will come forth and take out the wicked from among the righteous, 50 and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Jude 4-7, 12-13
4 For certain men whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are godless men, who change the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

5 Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe. 6 And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their own home — these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day. 7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

12 These men are blemishes at your love feasts, eating with you without the slightest qualm — shepherds who feed only themselves. They are clouds without rain, blown along by the wind; autumn trees, without fruit and uprooted — twice dead. 13 They are wild waves of the sea, foaming up their shame; wandering stars, for whom blackest darkness has been reserved forever.

Revelation 21:8
8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars — their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

Revelation 19:20-21
20 But the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur.

Revelation 20:10
10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Revelation 20:12-15

12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into The lake of fire is the second death. 15 If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Scripture uses these terms and phrases as synonyms:

Unquenchable fire
Fiery hell
Black darkness
Outer darkness
Furnace of fire
Fire and brimstone
The smoke of their torment
The lake of fire which burns with brimstone
Where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched
The eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels

All of the above carry the same meaning and consequences for the wicked eternal torment in the everlasting fire.

hope this helps !!!

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a lot to unpack from what you shared, as it doesn’t make much sense when they are all indicated in different sections of the Bible and they should be studied even by going back to the original Greek language. Thank you for your helpful study notes, they will be helpful to anyone who decides to come along and note them down for their own studies of those locations, Christopher.

Augustine was the first one to embrace a literal hell with flames that tortured people, forever and ever. Some believe that today, however I believe that the Fire is from God, and if the Fire is from God it is for a purpose that is good, and not evil.

Exodus 3:2
Hebrews 12:29

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a lot to unpack from what you shared, as it doesn’t make much sense when they are all indicated in different sections of the Bible and they should be studied even by going back to the original Greek language. Thank you for your helpful study notes, they will be helpful to anyone who decides to come along and note them down for their own studies of those locations, Christopher.

Augustine was the first one to embrace a literal hell with flames that tortured people, forever and ever. Some believe that today, however I believe that the Fire is from God, and if the Fire is from God it is for a purpose that is good, and not evil.

Exodus 3:2
Hebrews 12:29
God does not dwell in hell or the lake of fire where the devil and his angels will live for all eternity.

What makes you think hell is good ?

Reactions: Earburner

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn’t is similar to the thief on the cross? My flesh still sins and falls short, however while in my life of having accepted Yeshua would a Father who looks at believers who are his children expect them to grow? To grow like Jesus did? He grew up in stature and wisdom. That is why I had empathized on the growing In knowledge of God and the Lord and allowing the flesh to die and the spirit to grow.

My mother is a believer, in the death, burial and resurrection. However she never takes the time to read the Bible, is she fine where she is? I do believe so, through reading and studying no matter at what age feeding of Jesus flesh and drinking his blood is good while you are given life to do so, if that is something you pursue in one’s own life.

Your new heaven and new earth analogy, I don’t discredit.

Though there may be exceptions to the norm one I'm thinking of is when the disciples met a man casting out demons in Jesus name but they did not know him the only thing known of him is he believed.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They will not be refined.
Revelation 20
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God does not dwell in hell or the lake of fire where the devil and his angels will live for all eternity.

What makes you think hell is good ?

It depends on how you believe personally, whatever and however you may look at the Bible and perceive what it is telling you, and if or not you may decide to look into what is being said of the text itself.

Many people blur the lines of hell and the lake of fire being the same thing, which is a mistake in my best estimation. However after the contents of hell are dumped and those within it where judged the place called hell including death was tossed in to the lake of fire.

Sheol is also know as Hell and Hades and sometimes referred to as the grave. The similarities of them are they are separated from God, there are two compartments Paradise and Prison. When Jesus died on the cross, he went and visited both places.

There are scriptural writings that say such as Psalm 139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, you are there. If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, you are there!

God seems to be able to be even in Sheol, however the resurrection had not happened yet and they were not fully there with God, until that time for those who were in Paradise those of faith.

There are some people out there who relate the lake of fire to that being of God, who is the all consuming fire, and the devil, his angels, and the false prophet and the beast are in this fire and they will never get out. That was who it was made for, it was not made for humans.

However in Revelation 21 it talks about people have their portion of being in the lake of fire however it does not refer them to being there forever like the beast, the devil and the false prophet.

Christopher I have tried to answer you the best I could from what is known, however maybe I am wrong and perhaps you are right. Hell wasn’t a good place because of the separation from God but now that place is done and over in my own personal subjective view.

They will not be refined.
Revelation 20
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Yes Jack, the devil, the beast and the false prophet are. They have been done away with in my subjective view, however you can read in Revelation 21 about people having their part in the lake of fire, but it doesn’t say that they those who have their part in it are there forever.

But if you believe so maybe you are right. May God guide.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Though there may be exceptions to the norm one I'm thinking of is when the disciples met a man casting out demons in Jesus name but they did not know him the only thing known of him is he believed.

BeyondEt,

It is always good to learn from the King friend, and there are so many principles and values people can learn from Him. Speaking earlier of my mom, she let me read Exodus chapter 3-5, to her. Exodus will be next weeks reading, which to read from Chapter 1 to 21 and the the next week the rest of the chapters. Thank you for sharing, and commenting.

Thank you to all who share in comment. Maybe some people are right and I could be wrong everyone should be encouraged though to read the word because hearing comes by faith and that comes at the cost of reading and hearing the word of God. Studying is helpful to by the Holy Spirit and May he lead you in the right paths.

Reactions: BeyondET