The Resurrection is for all people (thank you Yeshua!)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What do you believe?

• All are.

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • All are not.

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think John 14:23 defines it perfectly. (1+1=2 as one together)
John.14[23] Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Jesus is speaking remember! “If anyone loves me (Jesus), he (you) will obey my word, and my Father will love him (you), and we (Jesus & His Father) will come to him (you) and take up residence with him (you)

It's simply speaking of God manifestation - God dwelt in Christ as he will do you! The Holy Spirit is simply God's power though at times it personified and for good reason!

I've always seen the Comforter as God's Power operating through the Angels Hebrews 1:14

F2F

Philologos

Jul 19, 2022
Jacksonville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess we’re not miles apart on it. I believe the first resurrection will include all who have died in the Lord and entered His rest and need no further testing/sifting of their trust. That includes martyrs and saints/holy.

I was taught the same, and even taught others. I had aspired to write a book that presented the doctrine of the pre-tribulation rapture in a way that would hold up against any debate. I found that my beliefs had been based on the words of preachers and teachers, not the Word of God.

I don't debate it, I just sometimes offer encouragement-in-advance when I think it may be appropriate. If someone is struggling with it, I offer scripture to consider, but move on.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was taught the same, and even taught others. I had aspired to write a book that presented the doctrine of the pre-tribulation rapture in a way that would hold up against any debate. I found that my beliefs had been based on the words of preachers and teachers, not the Word of God.

I don't debate it, I just sometimes offer encouragement-in-advance when I think it may be appropriate. If someone is struggling with it, I offer scripture to consider, but move on.

Thank you for sharing your approach as it helps me remember to be humble, lowly, and just say what you believe based on scripture and move forward. Despite whether someone agrees or disagrees, to remain humble and abide in Christ is the best route over what route our flesh can take.

Philologos

Jul 19, 2022
Jacksonville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing your approach as it helps me remember to be humble, lowly, and just say what you believe based on scripture and move forward. Despite whether someone agrees or disagrees, to remain humble and abide in Christ is the best route over what route our flesh can take.

I certainly agree. We should all be here to support each other and practice the love we have for one another.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

hmm…if one believes the first resurrection includes more than just martyrs of a 7 year period, I’m not sure how that means they aren’t basing their beliefs on the Words from God…I get that you think so, I just can’t glean how you got to that.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's simply speaking of God manifestation - God dwelt in Christ as he will do you! The Holy Spirit is simply God's power though at times it personified and for good reason!
Absolutely!
God is in the Son, the Son is in me, therefore God is also in me with the Son.
Yes! It does add up: 1+1=2, and together they are Holy Spirit being One.

Reactions: face2face

Philologos

Jul 19, 2022
Jacksonville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my opinion, that’s taking it a bit far. Even if you didn’t find it funny.

That was between me and someone else. He opened with two comments that were intended to make fun of my knowledge of scripture, but were actually the same insults I've heard from atheists and JWs. He followed his opening "jokes" with the assurance that he is "open minded." (Did you catch the irony and the arrogance?) Then, in mock-inquiry, he challenged me to provide a specific single reference, not to understand my view, but solely for the purpose of continuing to mock me and the Word of God. I don't teach mockers and I certainly don't entertain fools.

You can think I'm going "too far," but if you truly communicate with God, as you should if you're His, ask Him what He thinks of being used in that joke... Quote the joke to God in prayer ask Him if it's funny. Seriously. Please let me know if He thinks it's funny, If He does, I'll set my God-given discernment aside and join in to poke fun at everyone who thinks differently than I.

If it seems like an apt platform to discuss the nature of our Creator, then judge me. I'll dismiss myself from this thread.

Reactions: ChristisGod

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was between me and someone else. He opened with two comments that were intended to make fun of my knowledge of scripture, but were actually the same insults I've heard from atheists and JWs. He followed his opening "jokes" with the assurance that he is "open minded." (Did you catch the irony and the arrogance?) Then, in mock-inquiry, he challenged me to provide a specific single reference, not to understand my view, but solely for the purpose of continuing to mock me and the Word of God. I don't teach mockers and I certainly don't entertain fools.

You can think I'm going "too far," but if you truly communicate with God, as you should if you're His, ask Him what He thinks of being used in that joke... Quote the joke to God in prayer ask Him if it's funny. Seriously. Please let me know if He thinks it's funny, If He does, I'll set my God-given discernment aside and join in to poke fun at everyone who thinks differently than I.

If it seems like an apt platform to discuss the nature of our Creator, then judge me. I'll dismiss myself from this thread.

No, I’m sorry. I didn’t see that he was being awful to you. And, in fact, he thanked a man for his answer of the question and also “liked” my answer. Even if he still disagrees, at least he can see where mens minds have gone and see that it’s not from lack of thinking and scriptures that they arrived where they did.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please forgive me, I cannot respond to an inquiry that includes blasphemous humor.
I apologize my intent was not to blaspheme at all. Sorry if I offended you. I was just thinking how our God is in a sense Schizophrenic as he has three personalities or three persons.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No one wants you to leave. We have only just begun to get to know you. I’ve been here a pretty long time and have read many posts by this man and I think you just misunderstood his intent.
There are a lot of men in here who do speak awfully to others, calling each other idiots and being very arrogant with their words and with ugly mocking. I just haven’t noted mantis as that type of man. I’ve never seen his intent be a mean joking around. And now he has apologized to you and said his intent was not rancor so he doesn’t want you to leave either.

Reactions: Mantis

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah I think people are just so used to the "us vs them" mentality that it is just expected that almost everyone will be just awful to them. I understand. It is the nature of people on the internet these days. It went from funny cat videos to keyboard war lol.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah I think people are just so used to the "us vs them" mentality that it is just expected that almost everyone will be just awful to them. I understand. It is the nature of people on the internet these days. It went from funny cat videos to keyboard war lol.

Yes. And in philologogos’ defense, it’s a bit disheartening to come to a place where you expect to see warmth, patience, love and respect and see a lot of the opposite. It puts you in defense mode almost immediately where you begin to see everyone as out to tear down.

Reactions: Nancy and Mantis

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I get judged for believing that Jesus Christ has already came, and that I enjoy lessons from a person who people deem a heretic.

People judge, my say is let them. They can't and do not know your own heart but if something does offend you it is okay to bring it up regardless, and they will change the next time they may try an approach you.

It is our Christian duty, to allow people to believe and think and say what they want to, because that is what agape unconditional love is all about. Freedom and liberty in Christ, but not all things edify, even though we can do whatever it is we choose to do. All of us should know we are accountable to God and him alone, with no one else in-between our relationship.

Reactions: Nancy

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get judged for believing that Jesus Christ has already came...
Judged in the sense of condemnation? I think not, Matthew. Now, "judged," in the sense that they make judgments that you are wrong... that is more likely the case. But yeah, Jesus came once, and He will come again. To judge the living and the dead, as the creed goes. :) Yes, the judgment ~ in the sense of refusal to accept the thing, not the person ~ is on or against preterism, not you personally.

All of us should know we are accountable to God and him alone, with no one else in-between our relationship.
Ah, no. The accountability to God is greater, yes, but accountability to our fellow man is certainly a biblical thing, too. If you are merely separating the two and not denying the latter, then I'm... okay with that. :)

Grace and peace to you.

Reactions: Nancy

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get judged for believing that Jesus Christ has already came, and that I enjoy lessons from a person who people deem a heretic.

People judge, my say is let them. They can't and do not know your own heart but if something does offend you it is okay to bring it up regardless, and they will change the next time they may try an approach you.

It is our Christian duty, to allow people to believe and think and say what they want to, because that is what agape unconditional love is all about. Freedom and liberty in Christ, but not all things edify, even though we can do whatever it is we choose to do. All of us should know we are accountable to God and him alone, with no one else in-between our relationship.
No Michael. Love demands that we make all attempts to correct, admonish, encourage, and persuade each other.

Philologos

Jul 19, 2022
Jacksonville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Oh, I’m fine, thanks. Not offended or angry. I just made a decision not to respond to something I felt uncomfortable with. He apologized, that was noble. I’m good, just needing interaction at a different level.