The rich man and the beggar at his gate?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol, that has to be the most wild and reckless biblical interpretation ever. If Elijah went up just for a ride, where did he land?

Heb. 11:5 By faith Enoch was taken up so that he would not see death; and he was not found because God took him up; for he obtained the witness that before his being taken up he was pleasing to God.

Whether they bodily entered heaven or not, that was it, they ascended to God and didn't return.

I don't understand why people add all kinds of figurative meanings to actual events in the Bible.
first thanks for the reply, second, do you understand what "Translate" means? it not just a ride... :eek:

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this is where many get the false idea of a rapture, 1 Thessalonians 4:17 "Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

PICJAG.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol, that has to be the most wild and reckless biblical interpretation ever. If Elijah went up just for a ride, where did he land?

Heb. 11:5 By faith Enoch was taken up so that he would not see death; and he was not found because God took him up; for he obtained the witness that before his being taken up he was pleasing to God.

Whether they bodily entered heaven or not, that was it, they ascended to God and didn't return.

I don't understand why people add all kinds of figurative meanings to actual events in the Bible.
I'll try and answer, john is baptizing on the Jordan, and I'm certain this is exciting for all of Israel. Repent make straight the way of the Lord says John, Israel response what shall we do John, John answers if you have two coats,,,, give one to your brother that has none.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll try and answer, john is baptizing on the Jordan, and I'm certain this is exciting for all of Israel. Repent make straight the way of the Lord says John, Israel response what shall we do John, John answers if you have two coats,,,, give one to your brother that has none.
Disjointed speculation and patching random verses together is not biblical interpretation.

Reactions: Willie T

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the first of two that bare witness!
BINGO, I almost jumped out of my seat when I read that. Jesus and John are the two witness. and "REPENTANCE" is the key to this topic.

the very first words out of John mouth...... "REPENT".

thanks waiting on him.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
boy oh boy reading some of the post on Elijah taken up into heaven. nonsense, Elijah did not go into the third heaven but in the sky.
Is Elijah floating around as a satellite in space or in earth's atmosphere? What utter foolishness! Not to mention blatantly contradicting Scripture (which is par for the course for 101G).

Reactions: Renniks

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Waiting on him, I know that I'm not through with my research on the term "Son" and "son", but check this out.

the prodigal son

Note: both sons was G5207 υἱός huios (hwiy-yos') starting out, (color blue), but only one was revealed, (color red)

Luke 15:11 "And he said, A certain man had two sons:"

Luke 15:12 "And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living."

Luke 15:13 "And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living."

Luke 15:14 "And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want."

Luke 15:15 "And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine."

Luke 15:16 "And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him."

Luke 15:17 "And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!"

Luke 15:18 "I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,"

Luke 15:19 "And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants."

Luke 15:20 "And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him."

Luke 15:21 "And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son."

Luke 15:22 "But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:"

Luke 15:23 "And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:"

Luke 15:24 "For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry."

Luke 15:25 "Now his elder son was in the field: and as he came and drew nigh to the house, he heard musick and dancing."

Luke 15:26 "And he called one of the servants, and asked what these things meant."

Luke 15:27 "And he said unto him, Thy brother is come; and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound."

Luke 15:28 "And he was angry, and would not go in: therefore came his father out, and intreated him."

Luke 15:29 "And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends:"

Luke 15:30 "But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf."

Luke 15:31 "And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine."

Luke 15:32 "It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found."

Both sons was G5207 υἱός huios (hwiy-yos') starting out. (color blue)
1. a son.
2. (of animals) a colt, etc.
3. (broadly) a descendant.
{used very widely of immediate, remote or figuratively, kinship}
[apparently a primary word]
KJV: child, foal, son

notice the "Son" in red, verse 31, and Capitalized as in the rich man and Lazarus the beggar, Luke 16:25 "But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented."
here as well as in the rich man and the begger, "Son" is
G5043 τέκνον teknon (tek'-non) n.
a child (as produced).
[from the base of G5098]
KJV: child, daughter, son
Root(s): G5088

Even one fell from grace spiritually, died spiritually, and was lost spiritually, yet he was a G5207 υἱός huios (hwiy-yos'). that never changed, until the end in Luke 15:31, (the prodigal son), and Luke 16:25, (the rich man and the begger).

Only the one at home went the way of Cain, or after the flesh. I'm reminded of Galatians 4:29.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is Elijah floating around as a satellite in space or in earth's atmosphere? What utter foolishness! Not to mention blatantly contradicting Scripture (which is par for the course for 101G).
Dis you not read post #258? if you did, understand it not?.... :D
which part of the post below you didn't understand?,
Well, this was nothing new because it had happen before, listen, "Obadiah brings Ahab to Elijah".
1 Kings 18:9 "And he said, What have I sinned, that thou wouldest deliver thy servant into the hand of Ahab, to slay me?"
1 Kings 18:10 "As the LORD thy God liveth, there is no nation or kingdom, whither my lord hath not sent to seek thee: and when they said, He is not there; he took an oath of the kingdom and nation, that they found thee not."
1 Kings 18:11 "And now thou sayest, Go, tell thy lord, Behold, Elijah is here."
1 Kings 18:12 "And it shall come to pass, as soon as I am gone from thee, that the Spirit of the LORD shall carry thee whither I know not; and so when I come and tell Ahab, and he cannot find thee, he shall slay me: but I thy servant fear the LORD from my youth." (STOP, one need to read that again).
1 Kings 18:13 "Was it not told my lord what I did when Jezebel slew the prophets of the LORD, how I hid an hundred men of the LORD'S prophets by fifty in a cave, and fed them with bread and water?"
1 Kings 18:14 "And now thou sayest, Go, tell thy lord, Behold, Elijah is here: and he shall slay me."
1 Kings 18:15 "And Elijah said, As the LORD of hosts liveth, before whom I stand, I will surely shew myself unto him to day."
1 Kings 18:16 "So Obadiah went to meet Ahab, and told him: and Ahab went to meet Elijah."

still don't understand?, just ask before you speak out in ignorance.. ok, well, "beam them up Scotty.... " :eek: not into heave ...... lol.
PICJAG.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Waiting on him, I know that I'm not through with my research on the term "Son" and "son", but check this out.

the prodigal son

Note: both sons was G5207 υἱός huios (hwiy-yos') starting out, (color blue), but only one was revealed, (color red)

Luke 15:12 "And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living."

Luke 15:13 "And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living."

Luke 15:14 "And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want."

Luke 15:15 "And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine."

Luke 15:16 "And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him."

Luke 15:17 "And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!"

Luke 15:18 "I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,"

Luke 15:19 "And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants."

Luke 15:20 "And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him."

Luke 15:21 "And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son."

Luke 15:22 "But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:"

Luke 15:23 "And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:"

Luke 15:24 "For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry."

Luke 15:25 "Now his elder son was in the field: and as he came and drew nigh to the house, he heard musick and dancing."

Luke 15:26 "And he called one of the servants, and asked what these things meant."

Luke 15:27 "And he said unto him, Thy brother is come; and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound."

Luke 15:28 "And he was angry, and would not go in: therefore came his father out, and intreated him."

Luke 15:29 "And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends:"

Luke 15:30 "But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf."

Luke 15:31 "And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine."

Luke 15:32 "It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found."

1. a son.

notice the "Son" in red, verse 31, and Capitalized as in the rich man and Lazarus the beggar, Luke 16:25 "But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented."
a child (as produced).
[from the base of G5098]

Even one fell from grace spiritually, died spiritually, and was lost spiritually, yet he was a G5207 υἱός huios (hwiy-yos'). that never changed, until the end in Luke 15:31, (the prodigal son), and Luke 16:25, (the rich man and the begger).

Only the one at home went the way of Cain, or after the flesh. I'm reminded of Galatians 4:29.

PICJAG.
Very interesting, I guess the thing that piked my attention was the fact the rich man was in Hell, yet Abraham seems to approve of him in calling him Son and in an upper case made it even harder to fathom. Given what I've heard from others my whole life. I need to be a better student as you are. Thanks for all your help.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

the prodigal son

1. a son.

a child (as produced).
[from the base of G5098]

PICJAG.
He's the eldest the heir.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very interesting, I guess the thing that piked my attention was the fact the rich man was in Hell, yet Abraham seems to approve of him in calling him Son and in an upper case made it even harder to fathom. Given what I've heard from others my whole life. I need to be a better student as you are. Thanks for all your help.
you are the ones doing a great job, if it was not for your pointing this out . we will work together on this. as said I like to take my time to be sure before I speak.

so be well and blessed for you both have been a blessing to me.

again thanks in the name of the Lord Jesus

PICJAG.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
So Elijah just hovered in the physical sky forever? No, he ascended just as Jesus later would, only Elijah needed a chariot of fire, because he was a rock star prophet.
well i think the point is its kinda cheating to say he went to what we now call heaven, the place ppl hope to attain after they have died
and ya the status thing is weird there for elijah huh

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(smile), ............... not necessary.

PICJAG
Psalm 2:7,12 KJV
I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. [12] Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

the prodigal son

1. a son.

a child (as produced).
[from the base of G5098]

PICJAG.
Oh wow I see, I had to re read. These prophetic recordings are saying the same thing