The Right Hand of Him who sits on The Throne.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Expounding....Jesus SITTING at the Right hand of God:
Seated to the Right (of He seated at the Head) IS a revealing of HONOR.

Rev 3 (REVEALING MORE)
[21] To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

What IS a Biblical THRONE? A big chair?
No, it’s holy consecrated PLACE. Gods Heavenly Kingdom.

Isa.66
[1] Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne,
and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

Awe...
Earth is a footstool. Not “A” Kingdom, but Multiple diverse, divided “kingdoms”.

Acts.7
[49] Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me?
saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?

Build FOR the Lord....a Temple? Men did that. It became corrupt.
Jesus BUILD FOR Himself....a Church? He Church, entering through the door of His Church, The Who have “overcome”, by, through, of IN the Power of God and the Power of God IN them...
Ie......The Power of God...IS CHRIST, the Spirit of God.

A KINGDOM of Christ Jesus is being built, UNSEEN, UPON the Earth, and without men’s HANDS...and many men not only unseen, but without their KNOWLEDGE.

Being Prepared to become MANIFESTED (seen) by men on Earth...
Boundary...Abraham’s promised land.
Who is seated in Jesus Throne....? Jesus’ saints, ie those IN Christ.

And particularly to you Scott, because you have already shown your depth of knowledge and study......
Further revealed is....12 thrones of the twelve sons of Jacob/Israel.
Sounds like, their 12 Land masses/places. (Land promised to Abraham)
And Jerusalem exclusive to JESUS’ Head “throne” space, and over the the lands of ISRAEL is big picture, and they honored with their NAMES inscribed on the WALL surrounding the city of Jerusalem, 3 names at each gate on the four sides of the wall.

Matt 19:
[28] And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Glory to God,
Taken
The reason for this thread is that the above passage does not say "seated at the right hand of God", but refers to the right hand as being "the right hand of Him who sits on the throne" as evidence of their Oneness, that Oneness that Jesus had with the Father before the world was and as He prayed to have again. It is perhaps the proof text that many have been without.

Reactions: Taken

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say this with such vehemence AS IF we have any obligation to 'understand' the 'mystery of God.'

However he revealed himself is as good as any other. The point is he revealed himself and spoke directly, not mystically, e.g., the 1C is you shall have no other gods (including the trinitarian god, including the man-is-god idea) before me (singular). (Emphasis added)

The 1C is NOT mystically wonder at the revelation of the mystery of God, putting aside his explicit words and read into, speculate and always suppose something tangential and man-made (like the doctrine of the trinity or the Oneness doctrine) could be true if you only look at things thusly.

Stephen, the 1st martyr saw Jesus at the right hand side of God. This is language used today. Sometimes people shorten it to say, 'Charlie is my right hand.' It means the one trusted to do what must be done; one who will do things on behalf of the principal. It does NOT mean some mystical, literal two beings are one, where one being is literally the right hand or mouth of the other being.
Again you totally disregard the biblical fact that the entire word of God is revelations from God not revealed at once but in His timing, and as specifically ending with "the mystery of God" being finished. That is what is written. Yet you squirm and stomp your feet against the very idea, venting your own pet peeves at every turn.

"Mystical" is your term. It's not mine, not biblical, nor is it at all what I have described as the truth of God's method of mysteries being revealed and His very nature specifically stated from the beginning as "image", "parable", and "likeness" sometimes only pointing to the mystery for hundreds and thousands of years before being revealed in the fulness of time.

It is you who are "putting aside his explicit words."

As for the idea of Jesus being at the right hand of, or chosen by the principle whom is rather the Father--you have me all wrong. I am not saying that is not the case--but rather that it is only for a time, that time of Christ--just as it is written, which reconciles all scripture. Have you not read Jesus' prayer regarding the glory He had with the Father before the world was, and that He prayed also about that Oneness which He had would even include those whom the Father had given Him--which is to say, He was of the same glory and Oneness and would be again after His time had come to pass? That is what is written.

If you were able to bear this biblical reality, there is even more to be said--which things Jesus also had to say to his disciples, but withheld for the same reason as you now demonstrate in your inability to bear it. But you have not shown any growth or preparedness to receive that promise of "all truth." How then shall you receive it?

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ScottA ~
Repetitive false name calling is an old worn out deflective tactic still used by some, AS IF, that is suppose to buttress their position.
Very recognizable!

Discussing Scripture with heartfelt intent never wanders into the Mystic!
A diligent student knows God IS mysterious and not everyone has received the wisdom to understand the mystery.

Just observing,
Taken

Reactions: L.A.M.B. and ScottA

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is as I have been saying--your pet peeve is blinding you to the reality of God and His method of revealing Himself and "all truth" in the fulness of time; and it is these times in which Christ has appointed the Holy Spirit to lead us into "all truth."

Another mystical tangent, claiming the inside track on special understanding WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY ignoring explicit Scripture that goes against your mysticism.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is...biblically there is no #2, etc. in the Oneness of God in which Jesus had before the world was, and now has again.

What is that oneness sir? Jesus did actually explain that didn't he?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is that oneness sir? Jesus did actually explain that didn't he?
The Oneness that is depicted in the overall word of God is that of "all in all", not of Three who agree and are only of the same mind. The greater depiction is that of One as "one flesh" and the omnipresence of God not being rationed to each, but rather One and the same as "a body of many members."

As for Jesus, He too was separated from the Father just as we are, making His description two different perspectives: 1) of the Oneness of the glory that He had and prayed to have again, and representing that Oneness as "If you have seen Me you have seen the Father"--"the Father and I are One"; and 2) that of being separated (as we have been also), depicting what our approach to returning to the Father should be also, even praying as if He were not One, though He said He was. In this way, we should know that the one is the reality of God, and the other is that "image" that even the "Son of Man" was created in...that there is no actual substance to mankind except that we (including the Son of Man) were spoken into existence for a [short] time. And if spoken into existence--who is by Name the Word of God, but Jesus? Again, as it is written "God said" and "God spoke", making the Word of God and God One and the same.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another mystical tangent, claiming the inside track on special understanding WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY ignoring explicit Scripture that goes against your mysticism.
OMG--you're jealous! Just jealous.

Nonetheless, one of us is speaking to the very real and biblical mystery of God, and one of us is speaking against it.

You are not fooling anyone--certainly not God.

Last edited:
Reactions: Taken

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OMG--you're jealous! Just jealous.

Contemptuous. The word is contemptuous.

Nonetheless, one of us is speaking to the very real and biblical mystery of God, and one of us is speaking against it.

Exactly. I am going along with gods explicit words on the subject. Jesus is not God. Only the Father is God.

You invoke an elaborate rationalization that reads into how God revealed himself to support a ‘deeper truth’ that contradicts God’s explicit words. Jesus sits at the right hand of God. It doesn’t make him God.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Contemptuous. The word is contemptuous.

Exactly. I am going along with gods explicit words on the subject. Jesus is not God. Only the Father is God.

You invoke an elaborate rationalization that reads into how God revealed himself to support a ‘deeper truth’ that contradicts God’s explicit words. Jesus sits at the right hand of God. It doesn’t make him God.
You are not using your head.

It is written, "In the beginning...God said..." That is, He spoke, meaning the Word spoke.

Same same.

And you speak against Him.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not using your head.

It is written, "In the beginning...God said..." That is, He spoke, meaning the Word spoke.

Absolutely not! God speaks these words. The idea that it means the Word spoke is trinitarian fiction, imposing its doctrine onto monotheist text.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Oneness that is depicted in the overall word of God is that of "all in all", not of Three who agree and are only of the same mind. The greater depiction is that of One as "one flesh" and the omnipresence of God not being rationed to each, but rather One and the same as "a body of many members."

As for Jesus, He too was separated from the Father just as we are, making His description two different perspectives: 1) of the Oneness of the glory that He had and prayed to have again, and representing that Oneness as "If you have seen Me you have seen the Father"--"the Father and I are One"; and 2) that of being separated (as we have been also), depicting what our approach to returning to the Father should be also, even praying as if He were not One, though He said He was. In this way, we should know that the one is the reality of God, and the other is that "image" that even the "Son of Man" was created in...that there is no actual substance to mankind except that we (including the Son of Man) were spoken into existence for a [short] time. And if spoken into existence--who is by Name the Word of God, but Jesus? Again, as it is written "God said" and "God spoke", making the Word of God and God One and the same.

I had some difficulty discerning your true understanding of the oneness sir, but it is true the Word of God is Jesus. He was given that title as he has been God's spokesman from the beginning. Jesus explained the oneness, which I think you understand, very simply in Jn 17:22 + surrounding verses
So yes, even we are one with them in the faith. It is that Christian unity that is being spoken of as being one. Jesus of course is perfect as are all the faithful angels, therefore they are one to a greater degree than His human followers.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had some difficulty discerning your true understanding of the oneness sir, but it is true the Word of God is Jesus. He was given that title as he has been God's spokesman from the beginning. Jesus explained the oneness, which I think you understand, very simply in Jn 17:22 + surrounding verses
So yes, even we are one with them in the faith. It is that Christian unity that is being spoken of as being one. Jesus of course is perfect as are all the faithful angels, therefore they are one to a greater degree than His human followers.
I painted an overview, but let me say it plainly--this is what is written:

"Gods spoke"...and we know that it was Jesus who spoke, for He is the Word.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"the right hand of Him who sits on the throne"

this may be a stupid question but I was thinking rarely how the left hand is discussed; except in regard to the place one doesn’t want to be; the left hand. But this had me considering is God not whole and complete? does God have a defective left hand, all dried up and withered? As I said, insane questions but I’m asking about the wholeness of God …and about the left hand of Him who sits on the throne?

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this may be a stupid question but I was thinking rarely how the left hand is discussed; except in regard to the place one doesn’t want to be; the left hand. But this had me considering is God not whole and complete? does God have a defective left hand, all dried up and withered? As I said, insane questions but I’m asking about the wholeness of God …and about the left hand of Him who sits on the throne?
That's is great question!

I would say that with what has been written of the "left" hand in scripture, and the fact that we are made in God's image, that it is an image and a declaration from God about His intentions, just as dividing the light from the darkness (even daily). "And darkness was on the face of the deep"...likely speaks of the first stages of "creation" as being a time of housecleaning. Quite the "image" indeed!

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I painted an overview, but let me say it plainly--this is what is written:

"Gods spoke"...and we know that it was Jesus who spoke, for He is the Word.
That’s not true. God is perfectly capable of speaking on his own as the Bible repeatedly identifies.

There is only one God - who we relate to as Father - according to Scripture.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's is great question!

I would say that with what has been written of the "left" hand in scripture, and the fact that we are made in God's image, that it is an image and a declaration from God about His intentions, just as dividing the light from the darkness (even daily). "And darkness was on the face of the deep"...likely speaks of the first stages of "creation" as being a time of housecleaning. Quite the "image" indeed!

to me…I’ve grown very fond of the man with the withered hand..where Jesus Christ told him to stretch forth his hand and it was restored…made whole …as the other one.

and they were mad that he did this.
Offended.
Wasn’t it the Sabbath?

Reactions: ScottA

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s not true. God is perfectly capable of speaking on his own as the Bible repeatedly identifies.

There is only one God - who we relate to as Father - according to Scripture.
Irony of ironies. Now it is you who make them two, separating what God has joined together.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
to me…I’ve grown very fond of the man with the withered hand..where Jesus Christ told him to stretch forth his hand and it was restored…made whole …as the other one.

and they were mad that he did this.
Offended.
Wasn’t it the Sabbath?
Yes, on the Sabbath...which sounds perfect that being made whole should be complete on the seventh day. Hallelujah!

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
). "And darkness was on the face of the deep".
‘And darkness was on the face of the deep.”
Makes me think of;
the darkness removed; taken away; to reveal
the face of the deep - Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and decisions and how unfathomable and untraceable are His ways. Romans 11:33

removing the darkness
To reveal the face of the deep (in the face of Jesus Christ) brings clarity (Imo) to; how there IS treasure hidden in darkness. Which OT to Christ “I will bring out” and “give thee”

My bible app somehow rebooted and went from KJV to; I don’t know what this version is; but I like it especially with “And darkness was on the face of the deep”—intention— “the Spirit moved upon the darkness” YET 1 Corinthians 2:10 MSG - The Spirit, not content to flit around on the surface, dives into the depths of God, and …brings out what God planned all along.