The Sabbath Day

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're desperate to make it complicated.

It's not complicated.

Jesus' Crucifixion eliminated the need for all the Ceremonial/Sacrificial/Carnal Ordinances. Hebrews 9:10

None of those were written in stone. None of those were Moral Laws. All of the Commandments that Jesus spoke of, aside from the standard 10, were an off-shoot of the 10; they were elaborations on the 10.

Jesus obeyed the 10 Commandments of His Father. John 15:10

The Feasts should be kept by True Bible-believing Christians, but the time-keeping months have been changed so that it's not easy to know what the Biblical dates for them are today.

Guessing the Jews have a pretty good idea, I'm not a Jew. They would be kept in reverence and honor of God, not as a Salvific practice or necessity.

So what do you have to say about what paul said?

2 Corinthians 3:5-11
King James Version

5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.

11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

a normal usual grammatic reading of this draws one conclusion- the laws written in stone are a ministry of death, were glorious, but were also done away with! what say you?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
COME UNTO ME ALL YE WHO DO LABOR AND ARE WEARY and YE shall FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS . GO ye and learn what this means .
It means exactly what it says.

So does this (occurring months before Sinai):

28And the LORD said unto Moses, How long refuse ye to keep my commandments and my laws? 29See, for that the LORD hath given you the Sabbath, therefore he giveth you on the sixth day the bread of two days; abide ye every man in his place, let no man go out of his place on the seventh day. 30So the people rested on the seventh day.

Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters.
(1 Corinthians 7:19)
m
m
m

Sabbath-Road.jpg

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

King James Version

5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.

11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

a normal usual grammatic reading of this draws one conclusion- the laws written in stone are a ministry of death, were glorious, but were also done away with! what say you?
Ron, I already answered that completely in one of my previous posts responding to the exact same question from you. I'm not digging through the thread to find it, but it's there. Have other replies to respond to.

Reactions: BarneyFife

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
God did not make the Sabbath as a means to any purpose than His Own Glory. I have seen millions of statement of man supposed to keeping Sabbath. I have seen a few statement emphasising the fact God made the Sabbath. I HAVE SEEN NONE THAT TRY TO TELL WHAT GOD DO on His Holy Day He made Himself. I have seen thousands of statements trying to understand that and how that God did NOTHING on the Sabbath. Christians do not know what the Bible Sabbath is Period

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
COME UNTO ME ALL YE WHO DO LABOR AND ARE WEARY and YE shall FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS . GO ye and learn what this means .
You think of course you know. You think of course we cannot but you can. You of course know we don't know. Clever you, strong man you good oke you. A star-studded crown waits to rest on you.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

28And the LORD said unto Moses, How long refuse ye to keep my commandments and my laws? 29See, for that the LORD hath given you the Sabbath, therefore he giveth you on the sixth day the bread of two days; abide ye every man in his place, let no man go out of his place on the seventh day. 30So the people rested on the seventh day.

Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters.
m
m
m

Sabbath-Road.jpg

So all these make the truth of "the exceeding greatness of the power of God's mighty strength exercised when HE RAISED CHRIST FROM THE DEAD", not only of less or secondary or no importance, but OF NO EFFECT USELESS, non-information.
No thanks. Have all for yourself. We talk of different currencies - can't trade like that.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

King James Version

Why omit verses 1-4? Particularly verse 3.

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ron, I already answered that completely in one of my previous posts responding to the exact same question from you. I'm not digging through the thread to find it, but it's there. Have other replies to respond to.
Even I noticed that.

Reactions: GEN2REV

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So all these make the truth of "the exceeding greatness of the power of God's mighty strength exercised when HE RAISED CHRIST FROM THE DEAD", not only of less or secondary or no importance, but OF NO EFFECT USELESS, non-information.
No thanks. Have all for yourself. We talk of different currencies - can't trade like that.
Aye, Aye, Skipper!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

m
m
m

Sabbath-Road.jpg
I have but three words . Now ponder on this .
Here they are .......NEVER HEED ROME . But i guess you already know that .

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sadly, the entire protestant world with very very few exceptions is giving more than heed to Rome, but it's obeying Rome above scripture by observing Sunday.
The masquerade of sabbathlessness is truly shocking. The church has united with the world in reckoning every day as alike. It is the 24/7, money-getting culture of postmodernism. The Sunday-centric worship schedule is merely a relic; an optional afterthought--for now. It will remain in place, reserved for the time of trouble, ready to appease the god of this world at the ready suggestion of the beast come up out of the sea. And the whole world shall wonder after the beast, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. But none have received the mark... as yet.

Reactions: Brakelite

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The masquerade of sabbathlessness is truly shocking. The church has united with the world in reckoning every day as alike. It is the 24/7, money-getting culture of postmodernism. The Sunday-centric worship schedule is merely a relic; an optional afterthought--for now. It will remain in place, reserved for the time of trouble, ready to appease the god of this world at the ready suggestion of the beast come up out of the sea. And the whole world shall wonder after the beast, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. But none have received the mark... as yet.
Yes. Even the "rest in Christ' do many boast of is nothing more than presumption. How can anyone boast of resting in Christ while at the same time spending every minute of their spare time being entertained by the world? And the commandment speaks also of laboring 6 days. How do they accomplish that and "rest" at the same time? And moreover, how do they grant rest to others as per the commandment?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I see a LOT of things advertised for Sabbath keeping that would not be possible without many Dollars. What you see is what you buy – appearance – nothing "of The Essence of Sabbath's Feast of CHRIST" which comes FREE. The masquerade of Sabbathkeeping is truly shocking.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Yeah. Only Gerhard knows the true meaning of the Sabbath. Since "sabbath" mans "rest" give it a rest Ebersoehn.
Not <Yeah> This is Enoch111, posting, NOT, GE. Period. You just prove further that YOU, do not know what the Bible Sabbath is. It is not man's Sabbath; it is the Lord's Day; It is not <a rest Ebersoehn> or a rest Enoch111; it is God's Rest in Christ on the Seventh Day of his making, i.e., creating a creation of MATTER AND TIME. A day consisting of twelve hours in its night time and twelve hours in its daytime of one cycle of its earth matter in space and time GOD, created and made, not man.

What you may think the Sabbath Day of the LORD GOD is, is not relevant.