The Sabbath Day

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"
...REGULATIONS OF THE SABBATH​

“Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to
The Lord: whosoever doeth any work in the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put
to death. Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe
the Sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant. It is a sign
between me and the children of Israel forever...” (Ex. 31:15-17)....​

...PAUL’S TEACHING ON THE SABBATH​

“Let no man therefore judge you in meat [food], or in drink, or in respect
of an holy day, or of the new moon, or of the Sabbath days: Which are a
shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ” (Col. 2:16,17)​

When Paul says to the Colossians that they were not to let any man judge them in
regard to these physical things, it is strongly implied that they were being troubled
by those who were attempting to place them under the law. They were being told
that to be saved and please God, it was necessary to keep the law...
"
(P Sadler)

Precious friend(s), are you also "being troubled" by this today?:

FULL study:
The Sabbath Day

GRACE And Peace...

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"
the Sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant. It is a sign
between me and the children of Israel forever...” (Ex. 31:15-17)....

When Paul says to the Colossians that they were not to let any man judge them in
regard to these physical things, it is strongly implied that they were being troubled
"
(P Sadler)

FULL study:
The Sabbath Day

GRACE And Peace...
We all need a day of rest each week. I don't know why anyone would complain about that.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
...REGULATIONS OF THE SABBATH
...PAUL’S TEACHING ON THE SABBATH
shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ” (Col. 2:16,17)
"
(P Sadler)

FULL study:
The Sabbath Day

GRACE And Peace...

It is conspicuously obvious that you - no one else here - is extremely <"being troubled" by this today> you wrote yourself! And the reason you are so troubled by your own writing, is plain as daylight, that you TRY TO BUT DO NOT SUCCEED IN TWISTING AND CORRUPTING God's Written Word. Accept what IS WRITTEN and it will be the end of your fears and anxieties.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"

"
(P Sadler)

FULL study:
The Sabbath Day

GRACE And Peace...

How thankful we can be Grace that Christians are no longer bound by that law, everyone I know would have been executed yrs ago including myself.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
We all need a day of rest each week. I don't know why anyone would complain about that.

Will anyone ever speak or write or think about the Bible Sabbath for what it in BIBLE-reality is? I believe, NO! not ever. It will never happen that fallen man won't think of God's Sabbath Day as not belonging to him, man. I'm absolutely certain it will never be that proud dust-licker mighty man will allow its Creator TAKE HONOUR for “MY-Holy-Day-Sabbath : the day The Seventh-Day-Sabbath-OF-THE-LORD-GOD” [OT ‘Sábbaton’ / NT ‘Sabbátohn’ / ‘Sabbátou’]
THE ONLYWeekly Sabbath”,
Lord’s Day-Sabbath”,
True Believers Church’sSabbath” –
according to the Scriptures SABBATH
in ANY and ALL cases in the Bible!
NEVER!
Man is too proud, too big, too selfish, too LEARNED, too BE-TITLED, TOO HOLY, for that.

Your post, Bob Estey, is the millionth and first proof. The ‘Grace ambassador’ Berean’s post, was the millionth proof.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Under the law is being in bodage to the law: It is not being in love with the law to do it from the heart.

It is a curse to try and keep any law, that we do not love, nor enjoy doing, including Christ's.

It is not a curse to do the law of Christ with all the heart, but is only a curse to do so outwardly in letter only, while still hating it in the heart.

Jesus came to free the Jews from bondage to the law, by purifying the heart first, that they, like David, may love to do the law of God, and not begrudgingly with the flesh only:

I hate vain thoughts: but thy law do I love. I hate and abhor lying: but thy law do I love.

For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and His commandments are not grievous.

Those that are still under the law of Christ, begrudgingly forcing themselves to do it with the flesh, are still cursed as the Jews seeking to be justified by the law, and not by faith: they have not the Spirit of Christ dwelling within their hearts.

Those who know and love the Lawgiver, are also them that love to do His law, even as He does: They are the ones, like David, delivered from the curse of the law, that is still upon them that neither love the Lawgiver nor His law.

Them that teach being delivered from the law of Christ itself, are simply them that still begrudge doing His law, because they have yet to receive the Lawgiver Christ Himself: they are still under the law in bondgae to do it, not loving it.

Like Maxwell Smart would say, when speaking of his work for Control against Chaos: "And loving it!"

Those who seek to be no longer under bondage to law of Christ, by being free themselves from His law, are them that tire of doing the letter only, so that they convince themselves to be rid of His law altogether, rather than simply receive the Lawgiver into their hearts:

Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,

Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

Those who actually teach the law of Christ on paper is dead, or doing the law is a curse, deserve every bit of derision they delusionally open themselves up to.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will anyone ever speak or write or think about the Bible Sabbath for what it in BIBLE-reality is? I believe, NO! not ever. It will never happen that fallen man won't think of God's Sabbath Day as not belonging to him, man. I'm absolutely certain it will never be that proud dust-licker mighty man will allow its Creator TAKE HONOUR for “MY-Holy-Day-Sabbath : the day The Seventh-Day-Sabbath-OF-THE-LORD-GOD” [OT ‘Sábbaton’ / NT ‘Sabbátohn’ / ‘Sabbátou’]
THE ONLYWeekly Sabbath”,
Lord’s Day-Sabbath”,
NEVER!
Man is too proud, too big, too selfish, too LEARNED, too BE-TITLED, TOO HOLY, for that.

Your post, Bob Estey, is the millionth and first proof. The ‘Grace ambassador’ Berean’s post, was the millionth proof.
[27] And he said to them, "The sabbath was made for man, not man for the sabbath;
[28] so the Son of man is lord even of the sabbath." Mark 2:27-28 RSV

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The devil's efforts to convince folks that they are not bound to obey God know no bounds.

First of all, it is not safe to believe any observation or interpretation of Scripture by @GRACE ambassador, because he is a documented, unconfessed carrier of tales and a false witness. This he completely avoids addressing in any manner whatsoever. When it is pointed out to him, he runs and hides, like a gutless coward.

And the wicked are bereft of understanding (Daniel 12:10).

Second, the 4th commandment was written by the very Son of God, Lord of the Sabbath, Himself (John 1:1, John 1:14) on tablets of stone, before Scripture existed, and which are eternal in their authority. Unless one believes God goofed and put a disposable, ceremonial, Levitical ordinance in the middle of His universal moral code for human beings, which is utterly preposterous.

Third, doubtless, like hundreds of times before, every manner of ill-reasoning and scriptural obscurity will be offered to excuse both the possibly and innocently ignorant and the openly rebellious and hostile from the transgression of God's law, but any true follower of Christ who dares monitor this thread for any amount of time will be hard-pressed indeed to escape or deny the nagging conviction of the Spirit of God concerning this glaring, gaping hole of a matter, which so definitively pertains especially to this closing age of the Christian church.

Either the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good, as the Great Apostle says in Romans 7:12, or it is not.

...to which he was referring as the law of ten commandments (Exodus 20:1-17) when he specified/alluded to the 7th and 10th (as opposed to either of the two great commandments)... or he was not.

Either he meant what he said about circumcision or uncircumcision being inconsequential as opposed to the matter of keeping God's law (1 Corinthians 7:19)... or he did not.

Either the Levitical law changed in Hebrews 7:12 involves and includes the liberty to worship other gods, make idols and bow down to them, take the LORD's name in vain, dishonor father and mother, profane the Sabbath, murder, abuse marital privilege, steal, slander, and covet... or it does not.

Either we believe in and teach for doctrines the commandments of men... or we don't.

Either the Old Testament (which was the only Scripture available in Paul's time), as well as the New, is inspired and profitable for doctrine, for reproof, correction, or instruction in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16)... or it is not.

Either God's Word is forever settled in Heaven...

OR IT IS NOT.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THE ONLYWeekly Sabbath”,
Lord’s Day-Sabbath”,
NEVER!

Welcome back, GE!
wave.001.gif

NOW SETTLE DOWN, PLEASE.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
...REGULATIONS OF THE SABBATH
...PAUL’S TEACHING ON THE SABBATH
shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ” (Col. 2:16,17)
"
(P Sadler)

FULL study:
The Sabbath Day

GRACE And Peace...
283665376_7836383413046180_6034789413005825833_n.jpg

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Welcome back, GE!
wave.001.gif

NOW SETTLE DOWN, PLEASE.
I have never been away. You have never been here, really, always hiding beneath your postman's cap and silly pseudonym.
And now you expect of me to settle down and listen to your STRINGS OF SABBATH LIES also hidden in this here URL. But thanks for it, because now at last I know who you really are. You are the fellow who did not have the guts to reply or to react at all on my persistent reminders to you of these your as unpardonable as unjustifiable mutilations of Sabbath Scriptures. Doggy, down!

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The devil's efforts to convince folks that they are not bound to obey God know no bounds.

First of all, it is not safe to believe any observation or interpretation of Scripture by @GRACE ambassador, because he is a documented, unconfessed carrier of tales and a false witness. This he completely avoids addressing in any manner whatsoever. When it is pointed out to him, he runs and hides, like a gutless coward.

And the wicked are bereft of understanding (Daniel 12:10).

Second, the 4th commandment was written by the very Son of God, Lord of the Sabbath, Himself (John 1:1, John 1:14) on tablets of stone, before Scripture existed, and which are eternal in their authority. Unless one believes God goofed and put a disposable, ceremonial, Levitical ordinance in the middle of His universal moral code for human beings, which is utterly preposterous.

Third, doubtless, like hundreds of times before, every manner of ill-reasoning and scriptural obscurity will be offered to excuse both the possibly and innocently ignorant and the openly rebellious and hostile from the transgression of God's law, but any true follower of Christ who dares monitor this thread for any amount of time will be hard-pressed indeed to escape or deny the nagging conviction of the Spirit of God concerning this glaring, gaping hole of a matter, which so definitively pertains especially to this closing age of the Christian church.

Either the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good, as the Great Apostle says in Romans 7:12, or it is not.

...to which he was referring as the law of ten commandments (Exodus 20:1-17) when he specified/alluded to the 7th and 10th (as opposed to either of the two great commandments)... or he was not.

Either he meant what he said about circumcision or uncircumcision being inconsequential as opposed to the matter of keeping God's law (1 Corinthians 7:19)... or he did not.

Either the Levitical law changed in Hebrews 7:12 involves and includes the liberty to worship other gods, make idols and bow down to them, take the LORD's name in vain, dishonor father and mother, profane the Sabbath, murder, abuse marital privilege, steal, slander, and covet... or it does not.

Either we believe in and teach for doctrines the commandments of men... or we don't.

Either the Old Testament (which was the only Scripture available in Paul's time), as well as the New, is inspired and profitable for doctrine, for reproof, correction, or instruction in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16)... or it is not.

Either God's Word is forever settled in Heaven...

OR IT IS NOT.

Give the devil credit if credit he deserves. This is very commendable. God bless

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sabbath is a day off, nothing more, nothing less. a) It was unknown in the Biblical era to have a day off from doing work. b) Jesus clearly showed that doing good and/or necessary tasks does not violate the sabbath.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! Yet sadly, there are those who wish to remain under the law and even teach "salvation by grace plus law, faith plus works."

Make no mistake Dan, Christians are under law as well, a different covenant, but remember God doesn't change. Many of the laws of the law covenant we are still obligated to observe. In fact that is the basic meaning of sin, missing the mark of God's law. We now call it the law of the Christ. Jesus made it rather clear at Mat 7:21 that it would only be those who does Jehovah's will that will receive salvation sir. It might be interesting to note that out of the 10 Commandments, observing the Sabbath is the only one that we are no longer obligated to obey.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How holy hypocrite! "That law" - Whose law are you talking of? Relax, no one is ever going to execute you. For what?

The topic was the Sabbath Ger, under the law covenant anyone who violated it was to be put to death Nu 15:32-36. Every single individual I know, and likely those you know as well has done work on the Sabbath.

Reactions: mailmandan