The saints are the Holy City!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Matthew 27:50-53 Jesus, when He had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. And, behold, the veil of the Temple was rent in twain, from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, And came out of the graves after His resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many. Some teach this was a literal event...and perhaps it was but I see it as spiritual. At the crucifixion of Christ the graves opened and the spiritual bodies of the saints rose. This event was foretold in Ezekiel.... Ezekiel 37:12-13 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, 'Thus saith the Lord GOD; 'Behold, O My People, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O My People, and brought you up out of your graves, To what holy city did the risen saints go? Did they walk around the literal city of Jerusalem? Isaiah 60:14 The sons also of them that afflicted thee shall come bending unto thee; and all they that despised thee shall bow themselves down at the soles of thy feet; and they shall call thee; The city of the LORD, The Zion of the Holy One of Israel. Revelation 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. The saints are the holy city, the new Jerusalem....the Zion of the Holy One. Upon the resurrection of Christ they were then, and we are now, His holy city. The saints are with Him.