The SBC of Two Gospels…

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, so now i need to explain to you again that it is the world, Kosmou, that is passing away, and not the earth, at least not in the same day, even if that could be derived by someone who sees and does not see

pls understand that i already know that i am not explaining anything to you, really, ok; i doubt that is even possible
No. I know this, and you do not have to explain it again.

But, why do you "doubt" that what came at His voice cannot also be gone the same way? But that is not the point. The point is (regarding the earth only, not to be confused with the world), the "new earth" is to be "new", no more recycled than the flesh of men who came from the same dust.

How is it that you do not know that the earth is "vanity" (nothing)?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
why do you "doubt" that what came at His voice cannot also be gone the same way?
why do you doubt that His Voice is the One demanding 5 billion more years for the earth, when Christ plainly stated that it is the world that is passing away, not the earth?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
the "new earth" is to be "new", no more recycled than the flesh of men who came from the same dust.
in your opinion, maybe, but that does not make it true, right. "New Earth" is a perspective, that might be realized by describing your life today to someone from 100 years ago. Wouldn't they decree that you live in a different earth from them?

Would the earth appear the same to you, if you were required to go and live in 1918?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
if you need to ask a question, then ask a question Scott.
If you need evidence, then ask for evidence.
If you need witnesses, then ask for them.
I am not correct in every detail, and i might be shown to be wrong.
Let the fire decide, imo

Last edited:

skypair

Nov 4, 2016
? you think so? i see no Gospel there wadr
I guess what you mean is you don't see your gospel there. I understand perfectly. There are many false gospels out there but Acts 2:36-40 is the pattern for the real gospel of Jesus Christ. Where else have you found 3000 people added to the church?

Acts 2:36-40 includes 1) we are sinners, 2) whose fault it is the Jesus was crucified, 3) who God has made Lord. 4) But because of His death and resurrection, we may obtain salvation through repentance to God in His name ("calling on the name of the Lord").

skypair

skypair

Nov 4, 2016
The created world has a finite purpose, wherein there is no glory:
So what is the "infinite purpose" of creation?

The only gospel (good news) is the rescue from this present evil made available by God through Jesus Christ.
So you're saying that the purpose of God is limited to this life only? Do you not know what Paul said in 1Cor 15 .. "if in this life only we have hope, we are of all people most miserable?"

I'm certain that either I am misunderstanding you or that you are a false teacher.

skypair

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why do you doubt that His Voice is the One demanding 5 billion more years for the earth, when Christ plainly stated that it is the world that is passing away, not the earth?
I do not doubt, nor is there any reason to, because God has stated His intentions and told us of the time of the "end."

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
in your opinion, maybe, but that does not make it true, right. "New Earth" is a perspective, that might be realized by describing your life today to someone from 100 years ago. Wouldn't they decree that you live in a different earth from them?

Would the earth appear the same to you, if you were required to go and live in 1918?
You have not accounted for the "end."

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
simple, because you cannot quote it, and a search of your terms reveals truth, "the earth remains forever," and "the judges of the earth as vanity."

https://www.google.com/search?q=the+earth+is+"vanity"&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS718US718&oq=the+earth+is+"vanity"&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.

Revelation 21:1
Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea.

...But, God is not wrong because we can quote Him saying just the opposite. No, that is the fault of language which has been confounded. But just as we have no excuse by what is evident in nature to know there is a God, we should also know that everything in the earth has an end, therefore the earth must also.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if you need to ask a question, then ask a question Scott.
If you need evidence, then ask for evidence.
If you need witnesses, then ask for them.
I am not correct in every detail, and i might be shown to be wrong.
Let the fire decide, imo
I don't have a question. I just could not make out the meaning of what you posted.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what is the "infinite purpose" of creation?

So you're saying that the purpose of God is limited to this life only? Do you not know what Paul said in 1Cor 15 .. "if in this life only we have hope, we are of all people most miserable?"

I'm certain that either I am misunderstanding you or that you are a false teacher.

skypair
Yeah, you misunderstood. I was saying the opposite. I said the created world is "finite." It is not that the created world does not have purpose, but it's purpose comes to and end.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
4) But because of His death and resurrection, we may obtain salvation through repentance to God in His name ("calling on the name of the Lord").
pretty twisted imo, there is no penance required, and i would be evincing rebound to the same person i sinned against, and confessed to, just like Scripture tells us to, but there is a version of the Gospel in your statement here, as there is in v38 i guess, yes. But fwiw there are certainly better, less religious ways to put it imo, that i doubt you would like much, as your power and control are negated

38Repent," Peter said to them, "and be baptized, each of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

unfortunately Paul's wolves have completely warped the message i guess
bam carry on

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I guess what you mean is you don't see your gospel there. I understand perfectly. There are many false gospels out there but Acts 2:36-40 is the pattern for the real gospel of Jesus Christ. Where else have you found 3000 people added to the church?

Acts 2:36-40 includes 1) we are sinners, 2) whose fault it is the Jesus was crucified, 3) who God has made Lord. 4) But because of His death and resurrection, we may obtain salvation through repentance to God in His name ("calling on the name of the Lord").

skypair
you might illuminate how the Good Samaritan was able to avoid all this and yet still be considered accepted

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.

Revelation 21:1
Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea.

...But, God is not wrong because we can quote Him saying just the opposite. No, that is the fault of language which has been confounded. But just as we have no excuse by what is evident in nature to know there is a God, we should also know that everything in the earth has an end, therefore the earth must also.
but to conflate this with the end of the world is to deny "on earth, as it is in heaven," which we have yet to witness, right