The SBC of Two Gospels…

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, there are a couple that aren't .. the gospel of the circumcision and that of the kingdom. These could not be the gospel of Jesus Christ for He hadn't appeared on the scene yet. Those saved under these will be resurrected into His kingdom on earth and come under the gospel of Jesus Christ then.

And if you are saying that they are all the same and that there is no dispensational difference, then you must believe that you are under toe OT gospel and still under the law.

skypair

If you keep to Dispensationalist theory, then it will cause you to try and divide Christ's Church.

How they do that is by teaching that Israel becomes a kingdom again on earth after Christ's return while His Church is reigning from Heaven. That is NOT... how God's Word teaches the events after Christ's return at all. Zechariah 14 shows after Christ's return all nations will be required to come up to Jerusalem to worship The LORD of hosts, and Christ's Church will be there in Jerusalem, as in Rev.20 it is then also called the "camp of the saints" and "beloved city". It's on earth, not in Heaven, as Jesus promised His elect would reign on the earth over the nations.

The idea of Christ's Church being separate from Christ's future kingdom of Israel was created only to serve as another prop for their pre-tribulational secret rapture theory first preached in 1800's Great Britain by the Edward Irving church and John Darby.

Reactions: Helen

skypair

Nov 4, 2016
Grand error you just made, and no doubt because of the Dual Gospel dreamt-up doctrines of men that created Dispensationalism.

The Gospel in the OT that was preached to Abraham was The Gospel of Jesus Christ. Apostle Paul shows this in Galatians 3 and Romans 4. This is why Paul also said those of Faith have become the children of Abraham.

That proves the Promise by faith first given Abraham 430 years before the law was given has NOTHING to do with the law!!!
You won't be surprised that I disagree. :) Why don't you go back to Genesis and show me the gospel Abraham believed in? I'm pretty sure it is the gospel of the entire OT .. the "gospel of the kingdom" of the coming Messiah, Gen 3:15. Job knew it, Job 19:25-27.

skypair

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You won't be surprised that I disagree. :) Why don't you go back to Genesis and show me the gospel Abraham believed in? I'm pretty sure it is the gospel of the entire OT .. the "gospel of the kingdom" of the coming Messiah, Gen 3:15. Job knew it, Job 19:25-27.

skypair

The gospel preached to Abraham is the same gospel of Jesus Christ we have believed. That's what Paul taught:

Gal 3:7-9
7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
KJV

Gal 3:14
14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

KJV

The promise by faith God gave Abraham, and Abraham believed, meaning he had faith that what God promised that He would fulfill. Thus God counted Abraham's faith as righteousness. Within those promises God gave Abraham was the promise by faith of the Gospel of Jesus Christ unto Salvation, which Paul reveals in that Galatians 3:14 verse.

Even what you have quoted from Job shows the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and not just a gospel of the kingdom only, and that Jesus' coming to die on the cross was known of in Old Testament times. David was given to prophesy of Christ's crucifixion in Psalms 22. Zechariah was given to write of events of Christ's first coming:

Zech 12:10
10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

KJV

Zech 13:6
6 And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.

KJV

Ps 22:1
22:1 My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

KJV

Ps 22:14-18
14 I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.

15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death.
16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.

17 I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me.
18 They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.

KJV

1st Coming:

Zech 9:9-10
9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

2nd Coming:

10 And I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim, and the horse from Jerusalem, and the battle bow shall be cut off: and he shall speak peace unto the heathen: and his dominion shall be from sea even to sea, and from river even to the ends of the earth.
KJV