The SBC of Two Gospels…

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

skypair

Nov 4, 2016
It is not that there are actually two gospels,…
I cited the 2 gospels .. at least what they say we must do in order to be saved. They both appeal to the soul and spirit, not the flesh. The gospel of "faith alone" only affects the mind. The gospel of "repentance unto salvation" changes the heart, the soul. Do you see that?

Faith alone is simple belief, Scott. You agree that Jesus saves and you think that b/c you are elect, that salvation applies to you. Repentance requires responding to God by repenting of sin and asking for salvation IAW "You have not because you ask not." (Jas 4:2).

skypair

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can make things as complicated as you want.

King James Bible
Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Galatians 6:7-8
King James Version (KJV)

7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man/woman soweth, that shall he also reap.

8 For he/she that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he/she that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I cited the 2 gospels .. at least what they say we must do in order to be saved. They both appeal to the soul and spirit, not the flesh. The gospel of "faith alone" only affects the mind. The gospel of "repentance unto salvation" changes the heart, the soul. Do you see that?

Faith alone is simple belief, Scott. You agree that Jesus saves and you think that b/c you are elect, that salvation applies to you. Repentance requires responding to God by repenting of sin and asking for salvation IAW "You have not because you ask not." (Jas 4:2).

skypair
You seem to be formulating your own doctrine according to what you have read and how you feel. But God is One, and there is only one gospel. You put both parts of His yoke on men, when there is only one. For the other part, His part, is the tie that binds one to God, and without it there is no salvation.

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
"not one jot or tittle" bro

"but when the Lord
gets ready
you got to move"
right on BB

Mark 11:17
And he was teaching them and saying to them, “Is it not written, ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer for all the nations’? But you have made it a den of robbers.”

what you think Jesus meant saying His Fathers house was meant for all nations?

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
There are four recognised gospels in the New Testament Canon. They include the first four books of the New Testament: Mathew, Mark, Luke and John. The gospels are accounts of the life of Jesus Christ.

and any gospel teaching that can not be confirmed in those books i would be skeptical of.
on a side note i would add the gospel of Thomas to the four canons.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The other gospels I heard about never mentioned Jesus and the cross.
Maybe you are talking about something different....

I am specifically talking about the shed blood on the cross. If it is different from what you have heard then you have only heard the doctrines of the religious.

Salvation under God's grace is based on what Jesus (GOD) did on the cross. It has every thing to do with Jesus' shed blood on the cross that atoned (paid) for ALL the sins of the world. Salvation is only offered to those that trust (have faith) in what Jesus (GOD) did for man on the cross where He, Himself, atoned for all of man's sins of the flesh. God has always chosen those that have faith in Him. In other words God predestinated that those who believe Him are chosen. belief = faith

The Gospel of the Kingdom was about Jesus coming to setup the promised kingdom of the Jews. The Grace Gospel is about what Jesus did for the whole world. The Grace Gospel is about Jesus paying for the sins of the world. The kingdom Gospel was under the covenants made to the Jews only. It included the law.

No one can be saved under the "kingdom gospel". It was only offered under the covenants God made with the Jews and they rejected it. God never made those covenants with the Gentiles. God has reached out to the Gentiles, and the world, through the grace gospel He gave Paul.

Eph 1:7-9
7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace
8 which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence,
9 having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself,
NKJV

I have used standard English words that means what they say.

Reactions: Helen

skypair

Nov 4, 2016
King James Bible
Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Exactly! When we "cast down every imagination and high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God" (2Cor 10:5), we are pretty much "as a child" in what is left to trust. Then we simply "bring into captivity every thought to the obedience to our Lord Jesus Christ."

skypair

skypair

Nov 4, 2016
You seem to be formulating your own doctrine according to what you have read and how you feel. But God is One, and there is only one gospel. You put both parts of His yoke on men, when there is only one. For the other part, His part, is the tie that binds one to God, and without it there is no salvation.
Sure .. what I read from the Bible. But also, think about the beauty of it .. one gospel to the flesh (everlasting gospel of creation) .. one that appeals to the mind (gospel of the kingdom) .. and one that appeals to the heart (gospel of Jesus Christ). You may have an excuse for not knowing either of the latter 2 but man is "without excuse" through observation of creation.

I'm not sure where you are getting your "one and only one God" thesis. And what does the shared yoke mean without which there is no salvation?

skypair

skypair

Nov 4, 2016
and any gospel teaching that can not be confirmed in those books i would be skeptical of.
Um, the gospel of Jesus Christ couldn't be presented until AFTER Christ rose again. The gospel is found in the 2nd chapter of Acts (2:36-40).

skypair

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
what you think Jesus meant saying His Fathers house was meant for all nations?
ya, kinda weird in that context, huh. I guess we perceive Israel at the time as being maybe insular and highly clannish, when nothing could be further from the truth, apparently; Israel was an international crossroads, and far from their dogma being singular or peculiar, it is unashamedly an amalgam of many belief systems, and not some, but literally all, every concept in Israel's belief system was borrowed from neighbors, we even got refs to the surrounding gods, OT and NT, for days, Sheol, Hades, Abaddon, Apollyon, these are all extra-Hebrew deities. In the Bible.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
on a side note i would add the gospel of Thomas to the four canons.
there are 4 for a reason, though, a symbolic reason. Not saying that Thomas doesn't have some good reflections in it tho

skypair

Nov 4, 2016
God has always chosen those that have faith in Him. In other words God predestinated that those who believe Him are chosen. belief = faith
Two comments: 1) belief isn't faith, per se. Belief is of our mind, faith is belief in our heart .. belief that has evidence (Heb 11:1). It's the same as Holy Spirit-Holy Ghost. Holy Spirit is the truth in our minds but the person of the Holy Ghost is the Spirit of Christ (and "Comforter," "Christ in you") living in our heart or soul.

2) God chooses those who not only believe but who obey the gospel .. repent and are converted (Acts 3:19).

skypair

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure .. what I read from the Bible. But also, think about the beauty of it .. one gospel to the flesh (everlasting gospel of creation) .. one that appeals to the mind (gospel of the kingdom) .. and one that appeals to the heart (gospel of Jesus Christ). You may have an excuse for not knowing either of the latter 2 but man is "without excuse" through observation of creation.

I'm not sure where you are getting your "one and only one God" thesis. And what does the shared yoke mean without which there is no salvation?

skypair
The created world has a finite purpose, wherein there is no glory: "The flesh profits nothing." This is the word of God. So, if you make it a gospel (of good news), when it is not - you take up with Satan, the prince of this world. This is the "beauty" which you see, which is not good, but evil (according to God). That is the name of Satan.

The only gospel (good news) is the rescue from this present evil made available by God through Jesus Christ.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but Erets is a different thing altogether, see, which is why we pray "on earth as it is in heaven."
supposedly, anyway
of course if you are anticipating a Rapture or something that cannot really be true i guess
No. This, I have already explained to you.

Christ's prayer of "on earth as it is in heaven", was the same as "thy kingdom come" - meaning "the kingdom of heaven is at hand." But not that it is on earth, which is passing away, but rather, that "if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also."

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
But not that it is on earth, which is passing away
yes, so now i need to explain to you again that it is the world, Kosmou, that is passing away, and not the earth, at least not in the same day, even if that could be derived by someone who sees and does not see

pls understand that i already know that i am not explaining anything to you, really, ok; i doubt that is even possible

yes, the earth will one day be subsumed into a dying Sol, 5 billions of years from now, so you win

Last edited: