The seed of Israel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BOLD. Very BOLD indeed.

If you loved me, you would correct me in the Scriptures, rather than play childish games of gotcha.

Take any point I have made with the Scripture I quote, and refute it by your own reading of it, or by another Scripture that proves my reading false.

Then I will love you for it.

In the meantime. Scat.
You're the one who has no Scriptures. Saying you're Israel does not make it so. Are you also the man in the moon?

Reactions: teamventure

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Whatever. Believe what you want or don't want. Your opinion is nothing to me.

Now, if you were ever do become adult enough to challenge my reading of Scripture with reading of your own, then you would be worth something to read.

I do gladly accept all challenges, because most of the time, they serve to perfect my reading as true.

So, please do. Become someone worth respecting.

Or not. It's your life. Do what you want.

I already quoted scripture that you have not refuted while others had answers for your mis-applications of scripture to save me the trouble.
Have a good day.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
What? Is that like the race card or something.

You people of course means you people that read OT prophecy with respect of a certain flesh on earth.

Which you knew. So, your 'Christian' claim is spotty.

For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly to you-ward.

Oh yes, disregard for his word and people aren't fleshly wisdom at all.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are missing the information in Romans 11, you definitely need to learn what it says.

God has not cast out national Israel, nor is through with them, and in fact salvation came to the gentiles to make unbelieving Israel Jealous, the gentiles are grafted onto the Olive tree of Israel by faith - we don’t have a separate covenant - there’s no such thing as a church covenant, and most of Israel is blinded temporarily, and is ungodly, until the age of the gentiles is fulfilled, and Jesus comes out of Zion as the deliverer and turns them from unrighteousness, THEN Jacob becomes godly, and all Israel alive to see Jesus return, believes, and is saved.

Jesus in fact returns to Mount Olive and Jerusalem at His second coming, Zechariah 14:5, ( to set up His eternal kingdom on earth, and reign from the throne of David in Jerusalem), and saves that Israeli city from destruction.

He comes to mount Olive with all the saints, verse 5, who are all who believed in Jesus and have been saved, Greek or Jew, male or female, slave or free, there is no difference.

In the meantime realize national Israel (the HOUSE of Israel) remains Gods covenant people, we have to be grafted as wild Olive branches - among the natural branches - onto the Israeli Olive tree, and Jesus is the roots of that tree, all per Romans 11, Hebrews 8,9 and 10, and Jeremiah 31.

Shalom Aleichem

Maranatha
THEN Jacob becomes godly, and all Israel alive to see Jesus return, believes, and is saved, and saves that Israeli city from destruction.

What 'Israeli city' is that? I don't read of any such city in Scripture, unless you are speaking of the one that is spiritually Sodom and Egypt. He's going to save it from their own destruction? Why?

Scripture says they are gathered together in Armageddon to make war with the Lamb, not with this Jerusalem, that is in bondage to the covenant of Hagar. (Gal 4)

These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

The Lamb and His armies will be in the air with clouds, when they do so. Reprobate? Yes. Dumb? Certainly. But they aren't gathered round Jerusalem, like Rome of old. Their ranks will be worshippers in false religions that submit to the beast to make war with the Lamb and His saints.

NT Scripture is the best way to read OT prophecy.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are missing the information in Romans 11, you definitely need to learn what it says.

God has not cast out national Israel, nor is through with them, and in fact salvation came to the gentiles to make unbelieving Israel Jealous, the gentiles are grafted onto the Olive tree of Israel by faith - we don’t have a separate covenant - there’s no such thing as a church covenant, and most of Israel is blinded temporarily, and is ungodly, until the age of the gentiles is fulfilled, and Jesus comes out of Zion as the deliverer and turns them from unrighteousness, THEN Jacob becomes godly, and all Israel alive to see Jesus return, believes, and is saved.

Jesus in fact returns to Mount Olive and Jerusalem at His second coming, Zechariah 14:5, ( to set up His eternal kingdom on earth, and reign from the throne of David in Jerusalem), and saves that Israeli city from destruction.

He comes to mount Olive with all the saints, verse 5, who are all who believed in Jesus and have been saved, Greek or Jew, male or female, slave or free, there is no difference.

In the meantime realize national Israel (the HOUSE of Israel) remains Gods covenant people, we have to be grafted as wild Olive branches - among the natural branches - onto the Israeli Olive tree, and Jesus is the roots of that tree, all per Romans 11, Hebrews 8,9 and 10, and Jeremiah 31.

Shalom Aleichem

Maranatha
then all Israel living at the time Jesus returns will be saved - they will realize Jesus is their Messiah, then believe, and be saved.

So, we get saved by 'realizing' we were wrong, when HE comes in the air with power and glory?

And Paul speaking of those alive and remaining, also meant unbelieving children of flesh, when they get to believe by seeing Him riding like lightening in the air?

That is so not NT teaching of Scripture:

Blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

For we walk by faith, not by sight.

So, they get a do-over. Since He came the wrong way for them the first time, and they had Him crucified for it, He will now oblige them to come for them their way the 2nd time, so they will bow the knee and believe, and be glad He finally came to save their city and their nation and kill their enemies on earth for them.

He could have done so the first time, and He refused to do so even from the cross:

He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the King of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him.

Jesus' return in the air will not be a Super Christ return to force a people of flesh on their knees. And they would no doubt obey Him and serve Him as He tells them to, but not believe and love Him for it:

And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

They who didn't want His salvation for themselves nor for their nation the first time, will not want it a 2nd time, even coming from the air.

They who do want His salvation and promised blessing of Abraham, will repent and believe now, and now only. Not when He returns for His own only.

The kind of prophesying that speaks of unbelievers waiting for Him to come again, does no people of flesh any good at all to come to Christ. It only serves to keep them in blindness, waiting for a coming that is more akin to an antichrist beast, then the Redeemer out of Sion:

And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast.

I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

So, His coming in power and glory will awe them enough to seek His honour? No.

There is no profit in the flesh, and there is no faith by sight.

Jesus is not returning to save the day of any city or flesh on earth, but to receive His own unto Himself (John 14), and His own are now those believing and loving Him in the house of Israel and of Judah, as children of their father Abraham by faith of God.

Prophesying a Super Christ to come for the 'Jews' only, is not only false and contrary to NT doctrine of Christ in matters of faith and worship of God, it also only serves to keep a people of flesh in blindness, with vain hope of a beastly covenant they make with death and hell. (Is 28)

Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God.

"So, then you should believe Jesus is the Christ." "No, I reject him as Messiah." "Well, that's ok, maybe you'll be alive on earth, when He returns. Then you'll believe. I guarantee it by prophecy. In fact. I prophecy it."

Last edited:
Reactions: Cassandra

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"For no one is a Jew who is merely one outwardly, nor is circumcision outward and physical. But a Jew is one inwardly, and circumcision is a matter of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter. His praise is not from man but from God" (Romans 2:28-29).

"But it is not as though the word of God has failed. For not all who are descended from Israel belong to Israel, and not all are children of Abraham because they are his offspring, but “Through Isaac shall your offspring be named.” This means that it is not the children of the flesh who are the children of God, but the children of the promise are counted as offspring" (Romans 9:6-8).

"Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. And in this way all Israel will be saved" (Romans 11:25-26).

"After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands, and crying out with a loud voice, 'Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!' And all the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures, and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, saying, 'Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might be to our God forever and ever! Amen'" (Revelation 7:9-12).

Clearly, God's Israel is made up a multitude of people no one can number and of every tongue, tribe, and nation -- ethnic Jew and Gentile alike.

Grace and peace to all.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True. All in Christ are all Israel of God, because all of Christ's are God's. (1 Cor 3:23)

But no one can be called a Jew anymore, and not be called a liar by Jesus. (Rev 2:9,3:9)

It only takes a little common sense to understand that no one can be called a child of Abraham by NT Scripture (Gal 3), just as was Isaac (Gal 4), and yet be forbidden by man to be called a child of Jacob and of Israel.

Unless of course for Ishmael (Gal 3). But Christians are not as Ishmael, but are as Isaac.

They are also the tabernacle of David being built up again. (Acts 15)

It just goes to prove that bitter-clinging to long-studied scholarship is more important for some prophets, than is simple sense of Scripture.

But when they ignore NT Scriptures, in order to do so, they then must throw out any NT sense of OT prophecy.

It really is as simple as puffed-up knowledge and pride of much study. (1 Cor 8)

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh yes, disregard for his word and people aren't fleshly wisdom at all.
Been trying to figure out what is being said here.

It must be a statement that not regarding Israel after the flesh is disregarded some Scripture, that says they are the people of God.

Which of course, can't be true according to NT Scripture:

They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

It truly is amazing how NT Christians and children of Abraham and of God, refuse to read NT Scripture for OT prophecy, which has them reading all OT prophecy with eyes of flesh, that is blind to the mind of Christ.

No, the only people being disregarded here are those trying to prophecy Scripture contrary to Scripture.

But, if any believe Israel after the flesh are the people of God on earth, then they need go join them and convert to their religion: the Jews religion.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're not Israel.
True. No child of Israel is all Israel, but only one child and citizen thereof. (Eph 2:12)

But none can be called a Jew anymore on earth, and not be called a liar by Jesus. (Rev 2:9,3:9)

It's a mystery of why that is, until we understand the Scripture of old, fulfilled in Christ:

For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burneth. And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the LORD shall name. Thou shalt also be a crown of glory in the hand of the LORD, and a royal diadem in the hand of thy God. (Is 62:1-3)

Jesus was the righteousness going forth as brightness, as of the glory of the only begotten of the Father (John 1), and it is His salvation now seen as a burning lamp, by all that believe Him and confess His name from the heart, and receive the crown of glory at His appearing (1 Peter 5), which is the royal diadem of 7 stars in His hand. (Rev 1)

At the time of His coming, the familiar name of Abraham's children, that preached the God of Abraham and of Israel in all their synagogues, was the Jews.

And so, in fulfillment of Isaiah 62, the Lord Himself has named His people with His own new name: Christians.

God's promised seed and people are no more called the Jews of the God of Israel, which ended at the cross they had Him crucified on. But they are now called Christians, which began with the resurrection of the God of Israel, which is now the familiar name for them that believe and preach Jesus Christ.

Now, if anyone wants to reject Jesus as the Redeemer already come out of Sion to Zion first (Rom 11:26)(Is 59:20)(Rom 1), and now to all nations, then they are certainly free to do so.

Which rejection is necessary in order to prophecy Israel after the flesh and 'Jews' today as the promised children and seed of OT Scripture, and not Christians:

They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the LORD. (Is 59)

The Redeemer out of Sion, Jesus Christ, has come to Zion to confirm this prophesied promise, and now redeems and turns transgression from Jacob, in all them that believe Him: Christians.

Unless the Redeemer come out of Sion did not come to Zion to confirm the promises of OT prophecy of Scripture, as so stated in NT Scripture:

Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers.

And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name.

And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people. And again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people.

No uncircumcised people need wait to confess and sing unto His name, Jesus, with His people, for all such are now His people, who were not a people in uncircumcision, but now are a people with the circumcision of Christ.

It's so much simpler just to believe NT Scripture confirms OT prophecy to be fulfilled in Jesus Christ, and His people that call upon His name.

All Israel is now saved, and transgression in Jacob is forgiven and turned away in Christ Jesus, because all born of Israel are born of God, and so all born of Israel are Israel:

For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

The promised seed of Abraham, which is Christ (Gal 3), are all believers in Christ, and so are now all the children of Abraham. And if children of Abraham, then also heirs of the promises to the children of Isaac and Jacob.

On earth now, there is no heir of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob outside of Christ, not being joint-heirs with Him.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'Look unto Me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth:
for I am God, and there is none else.
I have sworn by Myself,
the word is gone out of My mouth in righteousness,
and shall not return,
That unto me every knee shall bow,
every tongue shall swear.
Surely, shall one say, in the LORD have I righteousness and strength:
even to Him shall men come;
and all that are incensed against Him shall be ashamed.
In the LORD shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.'

(Isa 45:22-25)

Hello @robert derrick,

God means what He says, and says what He means. If He is referring to Israel, then it is Israel that He means. Those whose lineage goes back to Abraham through Isaac. Isaiah 45:25 that you quote, is referencing the nation of Israel, and not the Church.

The Olive tree of Israel is no longer there to be grafted into, for Israel itself is in a Lo-ammi condition. Salvation is no longer of the Jew as it was, for salvation has been sent to the Gentiles, and it is Christ among us that is our hope of glory now. Israel is in a condition of blindness and unbelief. That is a temporary condition though, for one day they will be brought to repentance, and God's will for them will be accomplished as He has promised.

So do not rob them of the prophecies made concerning them, or apply what is theirs to the Church. For we have already been blessed beyond measure in Christ Jesus our Lord.

In Christ Jesus
Chris
So do not rob them of the prophecies made concerning them.

Since this door has been opened, I propose all them that prophecy to blind and unbelieving Israel after the flesh, a future salvation by faith through sight, truly consider what they are saying to them:

"You continue to abide in unbelief and reject and curse the name of Jesus as a blasphemer, but that's ok, because one day He will come again in the air with power and great glory to save your city and nation, and to destroy your enemies for you.

Which is exactly what you demanded of Him the first time, and had Him crucified instead.

So, we will pray very hard, that He return sooner than later, so that you don't die in blindness and unbelief beforehand. So, God bless you promised child of Abraham and of Israel. We respect, honor, and love you very much."

Now, there's a prophecy to any children of flesh, that a Christian can really be proud of to win souls to Christ: you refuse to believe now? No problem. We'll pray He comes really fast, so you can believe then, when you've blessedly seen and then believed.

or apply what is theirs to the Church.

With the children of the flesh, theirs is blindness and unbelief. I would never apply that to the body of Christ, especially not rob them of it for myself.

And if certain false prophet would stop promising them in the future, what they refuse now, then thy might allow the Scripture to rob them of their blindness to Jesus.

But it's them that say there is no future promise for any generation of blind unbelief, but must repent and believe Jesus now and today, while today is here, those are the ones robbing them and taking from them what is theirs.

Right.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All Israel is now saved, and transgression in Jacob is forgiven and turned away in Christ Jesus, because all born of Israel are born of God, and so all born of Israel are Israel
Well, yeah, at any point in time, all Israel has been saved. So in that sense, yes, Israel is complete; it is what it is right now.

But there are still some that will be of Israel that are not yet. Sure. The fullness of the Gentiles has not yet been brought in and the partial hardening that is now on Israel is not yet removed. So Israel is not yet complete in that sense.

On earth now, there is no heir of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob outside of Christ, not being joint-heirs with Him.
Sure.

Grace and peace to you.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True. No child of Israel is all Israel, but only one child and citizen thereof. (Eph 2:12)

But none can be called a Jew anymore on earth, and not be called a liar by Jesus. (Rev 2:9,3:9)

It's a mystery of why that is, until we understand the Scripture of old, fulfilled in Christ:

For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burneth. And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the LORD shall name. Thou shalt also be a crown of glory in the hand of the LORD, and a royal diadem in the hand of thy God. (Is 62:1-3)

Jesus was the righteousness going forth as brightness, as of the glory of the only begotten of the Father (John 1), and it is His salvation now seen as a burning lamp, by all that believe Him and confess His name from the heart, and receive the crown of glory at His appearing (1 Peter 5), which is the royal diadem of 7 stars in His hand. (Rev 1)

At the time of His coming, the familiar name of Abraham's children, that preached the God of Abraham and of Israel in all their synagogues, was the Jews.

And so, in fulfillment of Isaiah 62, the Lord Himself has named His people with His own new name: Christians.

God's promised seed and people are no more called the Jews of the God of Israel, which ended at the cross they had Him crucified on. But they are now called Christians, which began with the resurrection of the God of Israel, which is now the familiar name for them that believe and preach Jesus Christ.

Now, if anyone wants to reject Jesus as the Redeemer already come out of Sion to Zion first (Rom 11:26)(Is 59:20)(Rom 1), and now to all nations, then they are certainly free to do so.

Which rejection is necessary in order to prophecy Israel after the flesh and 'Jews' today as the promised children and seed of OT Scripture, and not Christians:

Christians are not Israel! Get a map.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan has duped Israel wannabees into trying to STEAL Israel's identity and blessings!

Israel wannabees:
Zechariah 14:12 (NKJV)
12 And this shall be the plague with which the LORD will strike all the people who fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh shall dissolve while they stand on their feet, Their eyes shall dissolve in their sockets, And their tongues shall dissolve in their mouths.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And neither are you. Get a life.

Satan has duped Israel wannabees into trying to STEAL Israel's identity and blessings!
What is the identity of Israel after the flesh today? Blind and unbelieving?

Who wants to steal that?

I don't like seeing red alerts and hoping to find something worthwhile to read, especially if it corrects me by Scripture, but finding only a bunch of dead little figs.

You're worse than worthless. So, you are the first person I have ever put on ignore.

Last edited:

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And neither are you. Get a life.
I NEVER said I'm Israel.

What is the identity of Israel after the flesh today? Blind and unbelieving?

Who wants to steal that?

I don't like seeing red alerts and hoping to find something worthwhile to read, especially if it corrects me by Scripture, but finding only a bunch of dead little figs.

You're worse than worthless. So, you are the first person I have ever put on ignore.
You're a Christian? Or an Israel wannabee?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, yeah, at any point in time, all Israel has been saved. So in that sense, yes, Israel is complete; it is what it is right now.

But there are still some that will be of Israel that are not yet. Sure. The fullness of the Gentiles has not yet been brought in and the partial hardening that is now on Israel is not yet removed. So Israel is not yet complete in that sense.

Sure.

Grace and peace to you.

Common ground is good. It's a start of cooperation in the truth of Scripture.

And so the Israel that is Israel indeed is not that born of flesh, but of Christ.

The promise the prophets prophesied of and looked into, was that of an Israel without hypocrites and killers of the prophets. And a Jacob removed from their transgressions.

That Israel they sought is found in Christ Jesus, where the least in Christ are greater than prophets of old, all being born after the Spirit, as was Isaac.

But there are still some that will be of Israel that are not yet.

True. Them that abide not in unbelief and believe Jesus, can be grafted in again. Romans 11 was not confirming Israel after the flesh as children of Abraham with promise of his seed, but that they could be counted the seed as any other on earth, by the faith of Abraham only found in the faith of Jesus.

The fullness of the Gentiles has not yet been brought in.

Here is where doctrine of the translator is a disservice. The fullness of the nations is not yet brought in, even as the nations tread the court of the temple of God, which is the whole earth.

All nonbelievers are uncircumcised nations on earth, no matter by what name they go by. There is no circumcision with God, that is not circumcision of Christ.

There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, not in the body of Christ, nor outside.

the partial hardening that is now on Israel is not yet removed.

The fullness of the nations will be complete, when God has saved all them that would believe, and then sends His Son to receive them unto Himself, and destroy the remaining uncircumcised and wicked unbelievers who are gathered together on earth to fight with the Lamb in the air.

The only partial hardening of all inhabiters on the earth is that of the blind, not yet believing Jesus.

So Israel is not yet complete in that sense.

Israel of God is complete. Any sense of it not being so, is looking at the wrong Israel, which is in name only after the flesh, and children of the flesh, which are not the children of God, neither of Abraham, nor counted for the seed of promise in Christ Jesus.

No flesh is of any profit anymore, whether by birth or by circumcision of man's hands, which is uncircumcision with God.

There is no partial hardening, nor any hardening, nor blindness with Israel. Israel after the flesh? They all are. Israel grafted into Christ? None are.

Ezekiel 40 and onward will not be fulfilled, until after the Lord's return with His saints, and all that generation found yet on the earth is destroyed and passed away, even as that generation in the wilderness, who died off by unbelief.

Only then shall another generation rise up to believe the risen God of Israel, and likewise be born of God an dcircumcised by the Spirit, even as them today.

But, they will not believe by seeing Him, nor walk to Him by sight. None will be allowed in His presence, except they believe and are saved by grace, just as any today.

And that will include any Israel after the flesh, that believes from the heart, so that they will be both circumcsied outwardly in the flesh and inwardly in Christ:

Thus saith the Lord GOD; No stranger, uncircumcised in heart, nor uncircumcised in flesh, shall enter into my sanctuary, of any stranger that is among the children of Israel. (Ezek 44)

And they will not be chosen to serve Him because of their flesh, but because of their faith. The only strangers to the children of Israel then, and now, are those uncircumcised: strangers and Philistines of unbelief.

Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God.

To reject Christians as children of Israel, is to call them strangers thereof, and so to reject NT teaching of Scripture, in favor of a hardened error in teaching of prophecy.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Israel wannabees are so JEALOUS of Israel they are trying to steal Israel's identity and blessings, to their own demise!

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fullness of the Gentiles has not yet been brought in.

Here is where doctrine of the translator is a disservice. The fullness of the nations is not yet brought in, even as the nations tread the court of the temple of God, which is the whole earth.

All nonbelievers are uncircumcised nations on earth, no matter by what name they go by. There is no circumcision with God, that is not circumcision of Christ.

There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, not in the body of Christ, nor outside.
I did not intimate in any way otherwise; if you perceived that in anything I said, it was in error. Yes, Gentiles in the flesh ~ those of any other nation other than ethnic Jews ~ were at one time separated from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. But now in Christ Jesus they who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. For He Himself is our peace, Who has made (Jew and Gentile) one and has broken down in His flesh the dividing wall of hostility by abolishing the law of commandments expressed in ordinances, that He might create in Himself one new man in place of the two, so making peace, and might reconcile us both to God in one body through the cross, thereby killing the hostility (these are Paul's words in Ephesians 2, as you probably well know).

So, I'm not sure what you're referring to as a "disservice." Yes, the fullness of all other nations aside from direct descendants of Israel (Jacob)... these, together, are the Gentiles.

the partial hardening that is now on Israel is not yet removed.

The fullness of the nations will be complete, when God has saved all them that would believe, and then sends His Son to receive them unto Himself, and destroy the remaining uncircumcised and wicked unbelievers who are gathered together on earth to fight with the Lamb in the air.

The only partial hardening of all inhabitants of the earth is that of the blind, not yet believing Jesus.
Here again we agree, if I understand you correctly, which I am not quite sure of. :) "...to fight with the Lamb in the air..."? Those who are alive at the time of Christ's return will go out to join Him in His return, for sure, as subjects welcoming and ushering in royalty. There are many instances of foreshadowing of this event in Scripture, the most notable being those in Jerusalem doing so in His triumphal entry into the city just before His crucifixion and resurrection. I'm not sure what your eschatological beliefs are, but maybe it's not the time or place to get into that.

Okay, so I'm not quite sure how you do the following:

I said, "But there are still some that will be of Israel that are not yet," to which you replied, "True."

But then I said, "The fullness of the Gentiles has not yet been brought in; the partial hardening that is now on Israel is not yet removed. So Israel is not yet complete in that sense," and you disagreed with that, saying, "Israel of God is complete. Any sense of it not being so, is looking at the wrong Israel, which is in name only after the flesh, and children of the flesh, which are not the children of God, neither of Abraham, nor counted for the seed of promise in Christ Jesus."

On one hand, I am in total agreement with you concerning "the wrong Israel." Yes, as Paul says in Romans 2:28-29, "... no one is a Jew who is merely one outwardly, nor is circumcision outward and physical. But a Jew is one inwardly, and circumcision is a matter of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter."

On the other hand, it seems to me you contradict yourself (or at least refute your own agreement with the above) by first agreeing that there are still some that will be of Israel that are not yet, but then disagreeing and stating that in that sense, God's Israel is not complete.

Regardless of that seeming disconnect, I think you would agree that Israel can ~ depending on how you look at it, but can ~ be seen as both incomplete and complete. The shortest and most succinct way to state this is, this is the now and not yet coexisting for... now. :) The kingdom is here now, but not yet in its fullness. But we can all live as though it is, because it is an absolute certainty. This is the now and not yet of the Gospel.

There is no partial hardening, nor any hardening, nor blindness with Israel.
This statement would seem to contradict Paul's in Romans 11:

"... a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. And in this way all Israel will be saved..."
[Romans 11:25-26]

To reject Christians as children of Israel, is to call them strangers thereof, and so to reject NT teaching of Scripture...
Agreed.

It almost seems, robert derrick, that you are quibbling over things just to quibble. Or possibly clarifying things that I said that either you didn't quite understand me on and/or that need no clarification between us as there is no difference. Whatever the case, for the most part, it seems you're finding differences between us that are just not there.

Grace and peace to you.[/QUOTE]

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not intimate in any way otherwise; if you perceived that in anything I said, it was in error.
[/QUOTE]
So, I'm not sure what you're referring to as a "disservice." Yes, the fullness of all other nations aside from direct descendants of Israel (Jacob)... these, together, are the Gentiles.

I am being picky and quibbling about it to a degree, but I do so for the purpose of the truth of prophesy of Scripture. You are not the disservice, but it is translators who still separate Jew and Gentile from one another, after the resurrection.

God doesn't. Wherever ethnos is written in Scripture after the resurrection, ought be translated as nations, not Gentiles. If so, then Scripture would not be saying there is any difference between the Jews and the Nations, because the 'Jews' nation is now just like any other nation on earth: uncircumcised and separated from the risen God of Israel: the God of Israel made of a woman, died on the cross, was buried for three days, and rose again from the dead.

The Gentiles from God the uncircumcised nations on earth separated from Christ, which includes the uncircumcised nation calling itself 'Israel'. The only other people walking in the flesh, 'aside from' them are those in Christ walking in His steps, even as the steps of their father Abraham.

Being 'direct descendants' of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob has nothing to do with the God of Israel anymore. There is no more profit after the flesh. By birth of flesh, they have no more hope of Abraham as the promised seed, which is Christ, than the rich man that woke up in hell had with his father Abraham after the flesh.

There is no 'aside from direct descendants of Israel/Jacob.' All children of flesh are now counted for the seed overthrown also among the nations. (Ps 106) Including them calling themselves Israel, which in Scripture is in name only.

No person separated from the God of Israel has any kindred, promise, hope, etc...of Israel. Not with His Israel. Israel of man means nothing to Him.

All children of flesh in the world are now the same: lost.

That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

NT Scripture is the revealing of all OT prophecy being fulfilled in Christ. None without Christ are citizens of the commonwealth of Israel and children of the covenants of promise. Period.

The Prodigal had no promise, hope, nor inheritance from his father, until he rose up and returned to his house. He was dead in the fields of swine. Likewise, the whole house of Israel became dead as the body of Jesus at the cross:

Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.

That is prophecy fulfilled with the death of the God of Israel who prophesied it. The whole tabernacle of David was laid waste (Amos 2). The one tribe of Judah and city of Jerusalem chosen for David's sake (1 Kings 11), was likewise cut off even as Samaria. (Is 10)

The promise of God to have a man sit on the throne of David in His sight ended at the cross, when the last one to sit thereon died. The throne of Israel was cast utterly away for any children of flesh to sit on, born of natural seed.

When the vail of the temple was rent in two, then the whole tabernacle beyond the vail was exposed and found naked.

Now, only the risen Christ sits thereon, and them that overcome with Him. The assembling of the bones is the building again of the tabernacle of David, which assembled people as from the dead, are only now seen in the assemblies of Christ.

Jerusalem on earth is now said by Scripture to be in covenant with Hagar, which makes that seed of flesh to be cut off from Abraham, though being circumcised in the flesh, even as Ishmael was.

All children of flesh claiming lineage of Abraham, are now judged by Scripture to be that of Abraham by Ishmael. They cut themselves off from that of Isaac with promise, and were translated into that of Hagar.

For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

Neither because they be the natural seed of Abraham, nor because they are called Israel after the flesh, makes them any children of Abraham with promise, as Isaac was, nor are they made nigh to Israel, except they abide not in unbelief and are washed in the blood of the Lamb.

Even as that covenant is decayed and vanished away, so are any people of the flesh being known as children of Abraham by God.

There are now on earth only two people: circumcised Christians and uncircumcised children of the flesh. And those of flesh calling themselves 'Israel' are in name only.

There are the uncircumcised nations and the circumcised Christian, which is the new name the LORD prophesied to name His people by. (Isaiah 451-3)

No one may be called Jew on earth and not be called a liar by the Lord Jesus. His people are now to be called Christian.

Jews was the common name for all the old natural seed and children of Israel, known by the nations since the time of Babylon to Rome, and now it is Christians for the seed of promise and children of Israel of Christ.

Christians are not called Jews by the Lord. Neither are they called Israelites. They are called Christians.

The only ones called Israelites on earth, only do so in name, but not with any profit nor relation to the God of Israel, which is Jesus Christ.

The only bond and relation any such children of flesh have with Him is that of hate:

They hated me without cause.

I hate, I despise your feast days, and I will not smell in your solemn assemblies.

The risen God of Israel no more hears any words nor songs nor names of any children of flesh on earth, except if they confess with their mouth, the Lord Jesus:

Take thou away from me the noise of thy songs; for I will not hear the melody of thy viols.