The Singular Factor In Coming To God Through Christ.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'Harsh'.
This tells me everything I need to know about your 'relationship' with God.
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Yes, it all started when I was baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of my sins like a good boy would do when he wants salvation.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think they are in contradiction to each other, but if they ever were I'd go with Jesus of course.
Was Peter mistaken here?...

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Or, should he have said something like this?...

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of THE FATHER, SON AND SPIRIT for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Must say "in the name of Jesus Christ" to qualify baptism to remit sins per Acts 2:38.

That is legal and binding per Peter.

You will need a better lawyer to go against Peter than your seminary professor.
I got Matthew 28:19.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Can anyone on this forum tell me what the name of the son is?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I got Matthew 28:19.
You got 3 titles and no name.

I am a father and a son too.

You might as well have been baptized in my name.

Now you know why you must take the name of the son legally.

A bride must legally take her husband's name.

Or else, the husband can say "I know you not".

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many here are in the bride of Christ but have not had his name invoked over you?

...c'mon, be honest.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of THE FATHER, SON AND SPIRIT for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
"Son" = "Jesus".
Stop being legalistic. There is no spiritual life in cold, dead legalisms. They are what causes all the religious strife in the world, everyone thinking their religious procedures and ways to do things are the only authorized way to serve and worship God. You've missed the meaning of Christianity if you're trapped in that carnal world of dependence on rituals and ceremonies. This became one of my life scriptures about 2 years into my salvation...

"For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit. For whoever serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and approved by men." Romans 14:17-18​

See, you're serving Him through rituals, instead of the way that is pleasing to God—the way of "righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit". You are deceived into thinking that proper rituals are what pleases God, and you take false comfort out of that. When in fact, what pleases God is living for him in joy and peace and all the rest of the manifestations of the Spirit.

Get delivered from cold, dead legalistic 'religion' and find the warmth and freedom of a relationship with the Father and the Son. Your world will change. YOU will change. You'll become the son God wants you to be—a loving, Spirit-filled, fruit bearing son of God. The 'you gotta do it exactly like this' thinking of cold dead legalistic religion causes division and strife. It causes a person to put their faith and hope in the proper execution of 'religious' requirements instead of in God Himself.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well, since Peter left out the 'Father' part, I guess we have no choice but to assign him to the heretic category. Rules are rules!

Reactions: Truman

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You got 3 titles and no name.

I am a father and a son too.

You might as well have been baptized in my name.

Now you know why you must take the name of the son legally.

A bride must legally take her husband's name.

Or else, the husband can say "I know you not".
Cold, dead legalism.

"Father, I believe in the gospel, but since I did not technically get baptized into the body using the specific name of Jesus I know you will have nothing to do with me because you love legalisms more than you love me."

Reactions: Truman

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Son" = "Jesus".
Stop being legalistic. There is no spiritual life in cold, dead legalisms. They are what causes all the religious strife in the world, everyone thinking their religious procedures and ways to do things are the only authorized way to serve and worship God. You've missed the meaning of Christianity if you're trapped in that carnal world of dependence on rituals and ceremonies. This became one of my life scriptures about 2 years into my salvation...

"For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit. For whoever serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and approved by men." Romans 14:17-18​

See, you're serving Him through rituals, instead of the way that is pleasing to God—the way of "righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit". You are deceived into thinking that proper rituals are what pleases God, and you take false comfort out of that. When in fact, what pleases God is living for him in joy and peace and all the rest of the manifestations of the Spirit.

Get delivered from cold, dead legalistic 'religion' and find the warmth and freedom of a relationship with the Father and the Son. Your world will change. YOU will change. You'll become the son God wants you to be—a loving, Spirit-filled, fruit bearing son of God. The 'you gotta do it exactly like this' thinking of cold dead legalistic religion causes division and strife. It causes a person to put their faith and hope in the proper execution of 'religious' requirements instead of in God Himself.
So, you admit the legal name of the son is Jesus?

Good, so when Jesus said to baptize in the name of the "son" in Matt 28:19, he meant "Jesus", right?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, since Peter left out the 'Father' part, I guess we have no choice but to assign him to the heretic category. Rules are rules!
Wouldn't that implicate Jesus for giving Peter the keys in Matt 16 as short sighted?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cold, dead legalism.

"Father, I believe in the gospel, but since I did not technically get baptized into the body using the specific name of Jesus I know you will have nothing to do with me because you love legalisms more than you love me."
Actually, that is frighteningly correct.

He is looking for the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of folks' sins.

Should he ignore it to appeal to our emotional appetites?

Could the priest skip the brazen laver in the tabernacle?

Is God a "no rules" God?

Or, are we surrounded by "no rules" theologians?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I detest the Catholic church for the exact reason I detest your doctrine. Legalistic ceremonies have no spiritual value.

Believe and get baptized. Done. Don't complicate it beyond that with ridiculous ceremonial legalisms.

I watch the Catholic mass sometimes but it is so not spiritual the repetitious ramblings of well thought out language. It just bores the soul. I do get the scripture readings from it, but that's about it. And I learned a little about the Catholic beliefs.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Exactly what modern protestant theology teaches as they snuggle with the RCC.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nearly 95% of Christians have not obeyed Acts 2:38.

No mention of Jesus' name in their baptism.

The RCC removed the name of Jesus 1700 years ago, and the protestants follow mama in lock step.
This claim is so outrageously bogus that it makes everything else you have claimed come into question.
95%????
Change your name....

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly what modern protestant theology teaches as they snuggle with the RCC.
Why is it okay for Peter to leave out "in the name of the Father" but not okay if he doesn't say "in the name of Jesus Christ"? According to your legalistic doctrine he has not obeyed what Jesus said to do on either count. But you are careful to lambast others for not following Peter's lead. You sound very Catholic!