The Smoke of their Torment Ascends Forever

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 3:19
“In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.”

I don't believe all that.
The spirit shall return to God who gave it | Afterlife | Conditional Immortality
Ecclesiastes 12:7

Job 1:21
“And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.”

Psalms 36:9
“For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.”

You're probably a flat earther toooooo!

Also to those who believe ONLY what they want in the word under your cult leaders,take note heaven is NOT here on earth, you will never know this unless you receive salvation, and the pit that all else is cast into is as promised a forever eternal conscious place of eternal torment for rebellion of unbelief in God, who is the " I AM" !

It will be shared by the beast,the ac,the devil, Lucifer,the dragon etc, any name you call your master by, the angels who followed him and any heretical unbelievers against God !

Live your fantasy here if YOU CHOOSE but the day is coming when the call to TRUTH AND REPENTANCE will no longer be offered and your smoke will mingle with THEIRS FOREVER!

Reactions: teamventure

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except the Bible says she spoke to Samuel. Your assertion is that is not to be believed?

My wife reminds me . . . demons and unclean spirits and angels and powers and princes are named. The Bible specifies all sorts of different personages, why would it be deceptive here?

Much love!

Amen and amen to @post slso !
A fellow believer that stands with JUST WHAT THE WORD SAYS, IT MEANS!
No pat on the back for the twisters or cherry pickers of our day, who wish there was NO WORD OF GOD to correct them.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Hello Lastamongmanyblessed.
You stepped on the toes of those who don't want to take scripture as plainly stated.
I like your style.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I see your point there with the idiom, however, how is the part about Sodom and Gomorrah not about hell and damnation as opposed to just the cities burning?
The same principle applies. Thou shalt surely die God said if one deviates from the path of life ie, cessation of life will surely catch up.

Consequence of pushing God away results in the destruction of self....sometimes slowly, sometimes quickly. We see it happen immediately after the fall.....their attitude was one of blaming the other and of not taking responsibility......their friend (God) they now perceived to be angry with them......everything started to breakdown in relationship.....their garment of light vanished and they saw themselves naked......the animals kept their distance, one son became a murderer......eventually their bodies went into the ground from where it was taken.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
The same principle applies. Thou shalt surely die God said if you deviate from the path of life ie, cessation of life will surely catch you up.

Consequence of pushing God away results in the destruction of self....sometimes slowly, sometimes quickly. We see it happen immediately after the fall.....their attitude was one of blaming the other and of not taking responsibility......their friend (God) they now perceived to be angry with them......everything started to breakdown in relationship.....their garment of light vanished and they saw themselves naked......the animals kept their distance, one son became a murderer......eventually their bodies went into the ground from where it was taken.

Yes, their bodies go back to dust, and their souls go to heaven or hell just as the scriptures explain.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, their bodies go back to dust, and their souls go to heaven or hell just as the scriptures explain.
Soul is none other than a living being. We are all souls.....we do not have them.

Souls cease to exist when they die just as God said they would.
Genesis 2:16-17

Reactions: Earburner

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If AI now has a " soul", then the end has passed and we are all doomed.
Study the WORD for yourselves. Do not be someone's mouth piece but be a mouth piece for God, his word is sure and true.

Reactions: teamventure

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are adding to scripture because no where does it say or even imply "as long as they are physically alive"
It's easier for you to refute when we look at part of the verse.
However, how do you refute the whole verse in context?
and the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
Revelation 14:11 KJV
God speaks in the past, present and the future all at the same time. Isaiah 55:8-9.
While they are alive, all who take the MoB will be sealed into their fate, never having the opportunity to receive God's forgiveness. All of such, shall be in the lake of fire upon Jesus' Glorious return.
Smoke is the result of anything that burns.
The lake of fire, which will be the entirety of this earth, will eventually burn itself out, but the smoke of it is carbon atoms, can and does exist in space, beyond our atmosphere, which as far as we know is infinity, aka eternal.
Edit:
"In space, there is no air, then how is smoke coming out from the rocket?
When the fuel is used it creates smoke. This smoke is not needed in the rocket so it is pushed out through the bottom of the rocket. Smoke and air can exist in space, they just are not found in huge clumps because the atoms want to dispurse to reduce pressure." By: Bradley Frink- Theoretical Partical Physicist at CERN (organization).

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
God speaks in the past, present and the future all at the same time. Isaiah 55:8-9.
While they are alive, all who take the MoB will be sealed into their fate, never having the opportunity to receive God's forgiveness. All of such, shall be in the lake of fire upon Jesus' Glorious return.
Smoke is the result of anything that burns.
The lake of fire, which will be the entirety of this earth, will eventually burn itself out, but the smoke of it is carbon atoms, can and does exist in space, beyond our atmosphere, which as far as we know is infinity, aka eternal.
Edit:
"In space, there is no air, then how is smoke coming out from the rocket?
When the fuel is used it creates smoke. This smoke is not needed in the rocket so it is pushed out through the bottom of the rocket. Smoke and air can exist in space, they just are not found in huge clumps because the atoms want to dispurse to reduce pressure." By: Bradley Frink- Theoretical Partical Physicist at CERN (organization).

This is a perfect example of leaning on your own understanding instead of trusting in God for the truth.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a perfect example of leaning on your own understanding instead of trusting in God for the truth.
And suppose you still believe that all men, wicked and saved, have an eternal soul.
(As you had said: "That says you will die not cease to exist.").

Sorry, I adhere to John.16[13] Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
And.....
1Cor.2[5] That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but [rather] in the power of God.
Edit:
Oh, and BTW, Moses who wrote Genesis, was hardly aware in the least bit of what "the breath of life" was/is. Today, we know for a fact that it is oxygenated air.
Man didn't receive a soul, he became a soul.

Last edited:

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
And suppose you still believe that all men, wicked and saved, have an eternal soul.
(As you had said: "That says you will die not cease to exist.").

Sorry, I adhere to John.16[13] Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
And.....
1Cor.2[5] That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but [rather] in the power of God.
Edit:
Oh, and BTW, Moses who wrote Genesis, was hardly aware in the least bit of what "the breath of life" was/is. Today, we know for a fact that it is oxygenated air.
Man didn't receive a soul, he became a soul.

You're right on that last part:
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Genesis 2:7 KJV

I adhere to the whole of scripture instead of ignoring multiple passeges already posted in this thread that point to hell being eternal, and you should take note of the very scripture you posted, your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, which is what you're doing instead of taking the scripture as plainly stated.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're right on that last part:
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Genesis 2:7 KJV

I adhere to the whole of scripture instead of ignoring multiple passeges already posted in this thread that point to hell being eternal, and you should take note of the very scripture you posted, your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, which is what you're doing instead of taking the scripture as plainly stated.
I agree! Hell, aka the pit/grave is not eternal. It too will be burned up in the LoF, in the day when Jesus returns in all His Glory from Heaven.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's true, thinking the word die means "cease to exist" is a huge distortion.
Thinking the word die does not mean 'cease to exist' is believing the devils lie.
Genesis 3:3-4 …but about the fruit of the tree in the middle of the garden, God has said, ‘You must not eat of it or touch it, or you will die.’  “You will not surely die,” the serpent told her.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
I agree! Hell, aka the pit/grave is not eternal. It too will be burned up in the LoF, in the day when Jesus returns in all His Glory from Heaven.

Well yes I agree with that when it comes down to technical details, but the main context of eternal torment is still there with the lake of fire.