The Spiritual Function of the Prophets have ceased !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Nothing that contradicts His written will in Scripture. We can test the spirits to see whether a person speaks from God or the devil.
Oh dear you are quite obtuse sometimes. If the Spirit is speaking of course he is going to comply with his written will.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My avatar is a photo of me on the beach at Split Rock Lighthouse on Lake Superior.

I spied an interesting stone and wanted to examine it closer.
It was in the water where the waves were crashing.
Which pushes and pulls the rocks with each crash.

I had to run in while the wave went out, grab my stone and retreat
on the slippery wet rocks before the next wave soaked my feet. - LOL
Got it.

What's your story?
The way I’ve heard it is, a person can find some really nice agates there.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what you are doing is producing red herrings to get away from the topic.
No that is you projecting. Anyways back to the topic. An Apostle wasone who must of seen the Risen Lord and Paul declares emphatically that he was the LAST ONE who saw Christ Risen. Paul says in 1 Cor 15:8- and last of all He appeared to me. I have scripture to support my Biblical beliefs whereas you have your personal opinions/feelings on the topic.

Ephesians 2:19-20
So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God’s household, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone,

Acts 1:21-22
Therefore it is necessary to choose one of the men who have been with us the whole time the Lord Jesus went in and out among us, 22 beginning from John's baptism to the time when Jesus was taken up from us. For one of these must become a witness with us of his resurrection."

1 Corinthians 9:1-2

Am I not free? Am I not an apostle? Have I not seen Jesus our Lord? Are you not the result of my work in the Lord? 2 Even though I may not be an apostle to others, surely I am to you! For you are the seal of my apostleship in the Lord.

1 Corinthians 15:8-9
8 and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.
9 For I am the least of the apostles and do not even deserve to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God

Acts 9:15
But the Lord said to Ananias, “Go! This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel.

Revelation 21:14
The wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

The Apostles also performed miracles, signs and wonders as confirmation they were sent by God/Christ. Acts 2:43 cf 2 Corinthians 2:12

An Apostle must have seen the Risen Lord. It was a primary qualification and must be chosen by Christ in person.

Luke 1:1-2
Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us, 2 just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word.

Acts 5:29-32
Peter and the other apostles replied: "We must obey God rather than men! 30 The God of our fathers raised Jesus from the dead — whom you had killed by hanging him on a tree. 31 God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior that he might give repentance and forgiveness of sins to Israel. 32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

Acts 9:3-9
he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. 4 He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?"
5 "Who are you, Lord?" Saul asked.
"I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting," he replied. 6 "Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do."
7 The men traveling with Saul stood there speechless; they heard the sound but did not see anyone. 8 Saul got up from the ground, but when he opened his eyes he could see nothing. So they led him by the hand into Damascus. 9 For three days he was blind, and did not eat or drink anything.

1 Cor 15:3-8
3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance : that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Peter, and then to the Twelve. 6 After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. 7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, 8 and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.

1 Cor 9:1
Am I not free? Am I not an apostle? Have I not seen Jesus our Lord?

Acts 1:22
beginning from John's baptism to the time when Jesus was taken up from us. For one of these must become a witness with us of his resurrection."

Acts 22:14-15
14 "Then he said: 'The God of our fathers has chosen you to know his will and to see the Righteous One and to hear words from His mouth.

Acts 22:17-18
"When I returned to Jerusalem and was praying at the temple, I fell into a trance 18 and saw the Lord speaking. 'Quick!' he said to me. 'Leave Jerusalem immediately, because they will not accept your testimony about me.'

Acts 22:21

21 "Then the Lord said to me, 'Go; I will send you far away to the Gentiles.'"

Acts 26:13-18
About noon, O king, as I was on the road, I saw a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, blazing around me and my companions. 14 We all fell to the ground, and I heard a voice saying to me in Aramaic, a '
Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.'
15 "Then I asked, 'Who are you, Lord?'
'I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,' the Lord replied. 16 'Now get up and stand on your feet. I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen of me and what I will show you. 17 I will rescue you from your own people and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them 18 to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.'

Gal 1:1
Paul, an apostle — sent not from men nor by man, but by Jesus Christ

Summary

First, an apostle had to have seen the Lord and been an eyewitness of Christ’s resurrection (Acts 1:22; 22:14; 1 Corinthians 9:1).

Second, an apostle had to be specifically selected by the Lord or the Holy Spirit (Matthew 10:5; Mark 3:13-14; Luke 6:13; Acts 1:26; 9:15; 22:14-15,21; 26:16).

Third, an apostle was invested with miraculous power to the extent that he could perform miracles. The power to perform miracles included the capability to confer the ability to work miracles to other individuals through the laying on of his hands (Mark 3:15; 16:17-20; Luke 9:1-2; John 14:12,26; 15:24-27; 16:13; Acts 2:43; 4:29-31,33; 5:12,15-16; 6:6; 8:14-18; 19:6; 2 Timothy 1:6; Romans 1:11; Hebrews 2:3-4). Jesus referred to His bestowal of miraculous capability upon the apostles when He promised they would be “endued with power from on high” (Luke 24:49).

hope this helps !!!

Last edited:

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No that is you projecting. Anyways back to the topic. An Apostle wasone who must of seen the Risen Lord and Paul declares emphatically that he was the LAST ONE who saw Christ Risen. Paul says in 1 Cor 15:8- and last of all He appeared to me. I have scripture to support my Biblical beliefs whereas you have your personal opinions/feelings on the topic.

Ephesians 2:19-20
So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God’s household, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone,

Acts 1:21-22
Therefore it is necessary to choose one of the men who have been with us the whole time the Lord Jesus went in and out among us, 22 beginning from John's baptism to the time when Jesus was taken up from us. For one of these must become a witness with us of his resurrection."

1 Corinthians 9:1-2

Am I not free? Am I not an apostle? Have I not seen Jesus our Lord? Are you not the result of my work in the Lord? 2 Even though I may not be an apostle to others, surely I am to you! For you are the seal of my apostleship in the Lord.

1 Corinthians 15:8-9
8 and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.
9 For I am the least of the apostles and do not even deserve to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God

Acts 9:15
But the Lord said to Ananias, “Go! This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel.

Revelation 21:14
The wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

The Apostles also performed miracles, signs and wonders as confirmation they were sent by God/Christ. Acts 2:43 cf 2 Corinthians 2:12

An Apostle must have seen the Risen Lord. It was a primary qualification and must be chosen by Christ in person.

Luke 1:1-2
Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us, 2 just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word.

Acts 5:29-32
Peter and the other apostles replied: "We must obey God rather than men! 30 The God of our fathers raised Jesus from the dead — whom you had killed by hanging him on a tree. 31 God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior that he might give repentance and forgiveness of sins to Israel. 32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

Acts 9:3-9
he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. 4 He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?"
5 "Who are you, Lord?" Saul asked.
"I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting," he replied. 6 "Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do."
7 The men traveling with Saul stood there speechless; they heard the sound but did not see anyone. 8 Saul got up from the ground, but when he opened his eyes he could see nothing. So they led him by the hand into Damascus. 9 For three days he was blind, and did not eat or drink anything.

1 Cor 15:3-8
3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance : that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Peter, and then to the Twelve. 6 After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. 7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, 8 and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.

1 Cor 9:1
Am I not free? Am I not an apostle? Have I not seen Jesus our Lord?

Acts 1:22
beginning from John's baptism to the time when Jesus was taken up from us. For one of these must become a witness with us of his resurrection."

Acts 22:14-15
14 "Then he said: 'The God of our fathers has chosen you to know his will and to see the Righteous One and to hear words from His mouth.

Acts 22:17-18
"When I returned to Jerusalem and was praying at the temple, I fell into a trance 18 and saw the Lord speaking. 'Quick!' he said to me. 'Leave Jerusalem immediately, because they will not accept your testimony about me.'

Acts 22:21

21 "Then the Lord said to me, 'Go; I will send you far away to the Gentiles.'"

Acts 26:13-18
About noon, O king, as I was on the road, I saw a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, blazing around me and my companions. 14 We all fell to the ground, and I heard a voice saying to me in Aramaic, a '
Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.'
15 "Then I asked, 'Who are you, Lord?'
'I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,' the Lord replied. 16 'Now get up and stand on your feet. I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen of me and what I will show you. 17 I will rescue you from your own people and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them 18 to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.'

Gal 1:1
Paul, an apostle — sent not from men nor by man, but by Jesus Christ

Summary

First, an apostle had to have seen the Lord and been an eyewitness of Christ’s resurrection (Acts 1:22; 22:14; 1 Corinthians 9:1).

Second, an apostle had to be specifically selected by the Lord or the Holy Spirit (Matthew 10:5; Mark 3:13-14; Luke 6:13; Acts 1:26; 9:15; 22:14-15,21; 26:16).

Third, an apostle was invested with miraculous power to the extent that he could perform miracles. The power to perform miracles included the capability to confer the ability to work miracles to other individuals through the laying on of his hands (Mark 3:15; 16:17-20; Luke 9:1-2; John 14:12,26; 15:24-27; 16:13; Acts 2:43; 4:29-31,33; 5:12,15-16; 6:6; 8:14-18; 19:6; 2 Timothy 1:6; Romans 1:11; Hebrews 2:3-4). Jesus referred to His bestowal of miraculous capability upon the apostles when He promised they would be “endued with power from on high” (Luke 24:49).

hope this helps !!!
Impressive. Just one thing. There have been thousands of sent ones since the original 12. So work that out. It is difficult for you to come to terms with that fact when you are a cessationist.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I feel sorry for cessationist who deny the validity of half of the New Testament. Thery have ripped out the experience of the supernatural from a Christians walk and have deleted some of the anointing on people who do not fit their take on things.

And then they have the audacity to call what is of God is of Satan because it doesn't fit their take on things.

As I understand it calling the work of the Holy Spirit the work of Satan is the unforgivable
sin. it seems that cessationist enjoy calling the work of the Holy Spirit the work of Satan and thereby committing the unforgivable sin.

I wonder if committing unforgivable sin means our passage into heaven is denied?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Impressive. Just one thing. There have been thousands of sent ones since the original 12. So work that out. It is difficult for you to come to terms with that fact when you are a cessationist.
None of whom have seen the Resurrected Lord bodily like the original Apostles. They are the foundation that was laid , past tense 2000 years ago

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel sorry for cessationist who deny the validity of half of the New Testament. Thery have ripped out the experience of the supernatural from a Christians walk and have deleted some of the anointing on people who do not fit their take on things.

And then they have the audacity to call what is of God is of Satan because it doesn't fit their take on things.

As I understand it calling the work of the Holy Spirit the work of Satan is the unforgivable
sin. it seems that cessationist enjoy calling the work of the Holy Spirit the work of Satan and thereby committing the unforgivable sin.

I wonder if committing unforgivable sin means our passage into heaven is denied?
Nice try again the Holy Spirit dwelling in every single believer is all the super natural a person needs . Nothing can be added to a believer . Either a person has all of the Spirit and are born again believers or a person has not the spirit and are therefor not born of the spirit and remain unbelievers. It’s as simple as that.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Nice try again the Holy Spirit dwelling in every single believer is all the super natural a person needs . Nothing can be added to a believer . Either a person has all of the Spirit and are born again believers or a person has not the spirit and are therefor not born of the spirit and remain unbelievers. It’s as simple as that.
:Laughingoutloud: :Happy: :phew: Chkl: :woot: :Broadly: :jest: :Ohpleze: